PDA

View Full Version : anyone else

MsDrmr
12-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Being the first Christmas since my husband left, the holidays seem a bit quiet and lonely, anyone else feeling the same way?

riverbound
12-09-2005, 11:14 AM
You are not the only one. Sucks to not have my kids around :(

MsDrmr
12-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm sure thats true, this would be the year we had his kids the week up to X-mas day. It made it difficult, but memorable. This year, I got my son a new dog for his birthday/x-mas since they are so close together, he loves that dog.
We are getting a tree this weekend, it's just not quite the same without someone you love to share the holidays with.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-09-2005, 11:21 AM
It is what you make of it. If you sit around feeling sorry for yourself, then yeah, I am sure the holidays suck. Surround yourself with freinds and family and enjoy what you have, not what you are missing. :rollside:

Racer277
12-09-2005, 11:23 AM
This year, I got my son a new dog for his birthday/x-mas since they are so close together, he loves that dog.
We are getting a tree this weekend, it's just not quite the same without someone you love to share the holidays with.
That's the best. Every boy needs a dog. He will always remember this Christmas!

MsDrmr
12-09-2005, 11:27 AM
It is what you make of it. If you sit around feeling sorry for yourself, then yeah, I am sure the holidays suck. Surround yourself with freinds and family and enjoy what you have, not what you are missing. :rollside:
Not quite feeling sorry for myself, just a strange feeling that for the first time in 33yrs, I will not be waking up with a huge family for x-mas, it will be my son and myself. Just strange.

76ANTHONY
12-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Not quite feeling sorry for myself, just a strange feeling that for the first time in 33yrs, I will not be waking up with a huge family for x-mas, it will be my son and myself. Just strange.
dont forget the dog. make it fun for your son and dont let him see your depression on the holidays, it will haunt him....just my .02

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-09-2005, 11:37 AM
This will be my first Christmas in 5 years without my ex girlfriend. Kinda sad,but a releif at the same time.

azgfboatgirl
12-09-2005, 11:41 AM
At least your sharing Christmas with the most important person in your life, your son. And you have a new family member to boot, the dog. Make it the best Christmas ever and take pictures so you can see the smiles when look back at that moment and say "What was I thinking?" :)

AzLakeLizard
12-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I remember my "1st" Christmas with just my 3 kids!...I am still amazed at how wonderful it was!... We went out shopping and picked out a silly LITTLE real Christmas tree.. one that was alive... decorated it and when spring rolled around we planted it in our front yard! (it is HUGE now).. bought a Fire Log for our small cone shaped fire place... and had a camp out in our front room... when the kids fell asleep.. I snuck around them putting up their stockings.. they were so tickled when they woke up in the morning.. Yes it was different on my own.. but we all had a wonderful time!

MsDrmr
12-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I remember my "1st" Christmas with just my 3 kids!...I am still amazed at how wonderful it was!... We went out shopping and picked out a silly LITTLE real Christmas tree.. one that was alive... decorated it and when spring rolled around we planted it in our front yard! (it is HUGE now).. bought a Fire Log for our small cone shaped fire place... and had a camp out in our front room... when the kids fell asleep.. I snuck around them putting up their stockings.. they were so tickled when they woke up in the morning.. Yes it was different on my own.. but we all had a wonderful time!
OH my gosh, thanks for sharnig that. That sounds fun. Though I can't camp out in my tiny living room I can make it fun, thanks for the reminders thats it's always been about the look on their faces. and when my son grows up (which he is doing anyway) I will be spending x-mas by myself, and then I will have to make it special for me.
I appreciate the pictures of the "other side of being single for the holidays" thanks so VERY much for sharing.

MAINEVENT
12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
my first holidays with no wife....... i didnt have my kids through thanksgiving that was pretty hard but christmas i have them on the day of.. but i have to drop them off at night yeah it does suck i miss my kids at times like these....

NoCal NoBoat
12-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah - it can suck. But on the bright side - (things that helped me back in the day).
Quality time with my daughter. Friends and Family. Having a moderately good time. The temptation to get trashed was strong, but I woke up Xmas Day with a relatively clear head.
You get to decorate the tree and house the way you and your son likes it.
Start one or more "mom's house" holiday traditions (new ornament(s) for the tree, holiday films or DVD's, etc.)
We get one or two new ornaments a year. The collection is really starting to come around after 13 years. My daughter is at college right now, so the annual viewings of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Miracle on 34'th Street are scheduled for after December 17.
My wife and I saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Sacramento on December 3. They were so good, they will be part of our Christmas season kickoff next year and beyond.
Hang in there, it does improve with time, family and friends...

Jordy
12-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Christmas sucks. Can't wait for next year, preferably around March or April when it starts warming up. :notam:

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Christmas sucks. Can't wait for next year, preferably around March or April when it starts warming up. :notam:
Everything sucks with you. :rolleyes: :)

Jordy
12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Everything sucks with you. :rolleyes: :)
And what??? $12,000 for the boat. Now accepting donations. :(

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 01:54 PM
And what??? $12,000 for the boat. Now accepting donations. :(
Ouch. :mad: Sorry to hear that. Get some donations for me too. :rolleyes: :) :)

AltarGirl
12-09-2005, 03:22 PM
This is my first Christmas in my own house all by myself. I know it's going to be kind of weird to wake up & no one else will be there, but I guess it will be kind of nice too. My dog will be there, so at least I won't be completely alone. :)

CA Stu
12-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Being the first Christmas since my husband left, the holidays seem a bit quiet and lonely, anyone else feeling the same way?
I don't miss him at all. :hammerhea
Cheers
CA Stu

JB in so cal
12-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Happy Kwanza :)

lucky
12-09-2005, 03:47 PM
yep sucks - I have my new nuclear family - but the kid swapping sucks - I really feel for this generation of kids - with all us divorced parents - I
If I had the money , i'd give my daughter a house - and us parents could visit everyother weekend :) I miss the x mas's I use to have -- every one bumming off me , the family fights , decorating with coors cans -- my brother in law getting chased down the street by my dad , with a bat --- aww the good ol days !

H20 Toie
12-09-2005, 03:53 PM
This is my first Christmas in my own house all by myself. I know it's going to be kind of weird to wake up & no one else will be there, but I guess it will be kind of nice too. My dog will be there, so at least I won't be completely alone. :)
I miss my dog :mad: :mad:

AltarGirl
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
I miss my dog :mad: :mad:
I'm sorry. You can pretend mine is yours if that helps? She really likes everyone :)

H20 Toie
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry. You can pretend mine is yours if that helps? She really likes everyone :)
This will be my first Xmas by myself also, my daughter will be with mom until the afternoon so it will be strange. but life goes on and we make the best of it.
I guess we need to put toghter a i'm single xmas party :)

AltarGirl
12-09-2005, 04:07 PM
This will be my first Xmas by myself also, my daughter will be with mom until the afternoon so it will be strange. but life goes on and we make the best of it.
That's a bummer. But at least you get to sleep in & don't have to be awake at the crack of dawn to open presents. :rollside:
That's probably no consolation, but I take my sleep very seriously & consider that a great present. :)

H20 Toie
12-09-2005, 04:10 PM
That's a bummer. But at least you get to sleep in & don't have to be awake at the crack of dawn to open presents. :rollside:
That's probably no consolation, but I take my sleep very seriously & consider that a great present. :)
No she knows that she can't come in and wake us up, hope you get to sleep in.

AltarGirl
12-09-2005, 04:13 PM
No she knows that she can't come in and wake us up, hope you get to sleep in.
Oh I will. So long as Rev. Williams doesn't come over & wake me up at the crack of dawn to open his presents! You just never know :p :p

H20 Toie
12-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Msdrmr how is the new job?

MsDrmr
12-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Thats a great idea, anyones house big enough for that....

MsDrmr
12-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Msdrmr how is the new job?
I am not making nearly what I used to make, but it's a temp job that will get me through the end of the mo. I can't ask for more than that right now. I will take what I can get cause I need the $$, I don't have anyone helping me.
I'm lucky that Drake is very easy when it comes to christmas, he never asks for much and he does not expect much. He's a very down to earth kid thats never been spoiled.

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 05:33 PM
I am not making nearly what I used to make, but it's a temp job that will get me through the end of the mo. I can't ask for more than that right now. I will take what I can get cause I need the $$, I don't have anyone helping me.
I'm lucky that Drake is very easy when it comes to christmas, he never asks for much and he does not expect much. He's a very down to earth kid thats never been spoiled.
Check your PM's please. :)

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Maybe Santa Jer will stay with you!