PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Soccer -- Germany 2006

Totally IncapASSitated
12-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Any fans here? Or is anyone planning on going?
I'm just starting to put a trip together and thought I would see if any HB peeps are going.
BTW - The US drew a relatively tough group (Group E) with Italy, Ghana, and the Czech Republic

Havasu_Dreamin
12-09-2005, 02:40 PM
What's soccer?

Totally IncapASSitated
12-09-2005, 02:41 PM
What's soccer?
Yeah, that's pretty much the type of response I expected with this group ;) LOL
Accept that you're missing out on literally the bigget party anywhere in the world...yes bigger then the channel on Memorial Day...I swear ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
12-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much the type of response I expected with this group ;) LOL
Just trying to keep it wihtin expectations! :D I actually grew up playing soccer. It's just not real popular in the US for some reason. I know there is the MLS, but it may not even equal hockey ratings for television.

Totally IncapASSitated
12-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Just trying to keep it wihtin expectations! :D I actually grew up playing soccer. It's just not real popular in the US for some reason. I know there is the MLS, but it may not even equal hockey ratings for television.
I know whatcha mean was just giving ya a hard time...big youth sport, but only the die hards enjoy it at the professional level in this country.
I figure that if I want to go, Germany is definitely one of the best places to go to watch and party!!

Mr. Pixilated
12-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Soccer, #1 sport in the world. I almost started a thread a couple of weeks ago but I new what kind of response I would get...How is the Czech team solid or do the have flaws...I know Italy is good. I hope US has a good showing they deserve it. USA USA USA......

Totally IncapASSitated
12-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Soccer, #1 sport in the world. I almost started a thread a couple of weeks ago but I new what kind of response I would get...How is the Czech team solid or do the have flaws...I know Italy is good. I hope US has a good showing they deserve it. USA USA USA......
The Czech team is decent...Pavel Nedved --2003 European Player of the Year and Petr Cech is said to be one of Europe's top goal keepers.
This is one of the games I am planning on attending...June 12th in Gelsenkirchen.

Mr. Pixilated
12-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I wish I could go. Gotta watch the business. I was in Europe during the '82 W/C when, Germany and Italy were playing for the finals..I was twelve we were driving through Switzerland, a big Italian populated city, with a VW Vanagon German plate...We were called ever name in the book...Us kids didn;t know what was going on...I sort of did....I am a hugh soccer fan, been playing since I was a young lad. I am of Hungarian decent so I must be a soccer fan, 1st generation...I have two boys both hugh soccer fans they watch every night with me. My oldest (10years old) has the natural ability to see the game and my youngest (7 years old) has speed and amazing dribbling skills. Both elected to u10 soccer all stars. Following daddy's foot steps, I'm very proud... :) :) :)

Ziggy
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Good luck trying a place to stay---from what I've heard most everything is booked already. Near impossible for me to sell any BMW's on Euro Delivery due to the lack of hotels :mad: . I once aspired to be a pro player til my knee got destroyed.Was in Germany during the 74 WM cup, I was 12.

HOOTER SLED-
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Gooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll llllll

totenhosen
12-09-2005, 04:40 PM
I'd like to see the US and Germany do well. Tough thing for the US if they don't win their group and get 2nd place out of the group they will more than likely face Brazil in the knockout round.

Totally IncapASSitated
12-09-2005, 04:47 PM
I'd like to see the US and Germany do well. Tough thing for the US if they don't win their group and get 2nd place out of the group they will more than likely face Brazil in the knockout round.
Gonna be a tough opener against Czech...FIFA's #2 Ranked team in the world.
Yes, and that is never a good match-up against the defending champs.

thesunking
12-09-2005, 05:10 PM
I've been coaching my son since U-6 through present, he's now halfway done with the U-8 and just wrapped up his 7th season. This fall season I decided to pull him out of CYSA and try AYSO, I think we'll be going back to CYSA, AYSO does not have referee's on the U-8 division and the boy felt he had taken two steps backwards (amazing little mind). I decided to join the mens recreational soccer league that plays on Friday night here in the area, it's been difficult considering I have asthma. I'll have to admit I had no idea what the hell I was getting into and I now look at the sport in a positive way and give the guys all the credit they deserve, it sure is a underated sport in the US. Not sure about going over-seas, I'll stick with the Home Depot Center.

Second "PLACE"
12-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Any fans here? Or is anyone planning on going?
I'm just starting to put a trip together and thought I would see if any HB peeps are going.
BTW - The US drew a relatively tough group (Group E) with Italy, Ghana, and the Czech Republic
Love the world cup. Went to W/C '98 in France and had a blast! Not going this time, but will be following very closely. We usually have a pool going at work to pick the winners of the matches in each bracket. Too bad the US doesn't have a stronger following, as this is great competition between countries. :p