PDA

View Full Version : They said there would be.......

FLEA DIDDY
12-09-2005, 03:58 PM
days like this. Oh well, Anyways I'm a newbie round here and thought I would share todays misfortune. So I own a small bodyshop here in Texas, That makes me a Boss, painter, bodyman, shop bitch, accountent, and my wife has her little bartender job at night, sooooooooo that makes me, a taxi F@CKin driver, babysitter, meal cook and referee for when my 7 yr old wants beat the shit out of my 5 yr old. Don't get me wrong I like things like they are but some days just SUCK ASS. This is the part that did it for me today. I'm painting this truck and I'm on my last coat of clear. I finish, back up to revel in the fact that I'm done. I back into the only light in my booth that has no cover on it, The bulb falls out hits the ground, explodes and shoots shardes of glass all over this fresh clear. My little girl comes running over to the booth to see what the comotion is all about trips and falls into the f@cking fender!!!!! Now I have strapnel and a 7yr old stuck in the clear........What can you do.......... LOL

Jbb
12-09-2005, 04:03 PM
what can you do?
Be glad you dont have a shop in Atlanta......Because if you did....when the Fire inspector came to pay his monthly visit.....he would hand you a $300 citation for not having explosion proof fixtures ...or netted glass over top of them....I had one light where the wire glass was cracked...and that was his xmas gift for me......welcome to the boards....reading the drama here will take your mind of the days events.... :p
Beware however of a member named Tom Brown....He is crazy insane :p

ROZ
12-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Don't put your number on the boards, either. Because Tom Brown will call ! :D

ROZ
12-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Also, what kinda of clear do you use? I'd like to spray some on my vacuum handle, so my wife will stick to doing her chores :D

Ziggy
12-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Also, what kinda of clear do you use? I'd like to spray some on my vacuum handle, so my wife will stick to doing her chores :D
ROTFLMAO---------I gotta try that one :p

FLEA DIDDY
12-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Also, what kinda of clear do you use? I'd like to spray some on my vacuum handle, so my wife will stick to doing her chores :DLMAO! Use PPG it works wonders. LOL

Devilman
12-09-2005, 05:29 PM
days like this. Oh well, Anyways I'm a newbie round here and thought I would share todays misfortune. So I own a small bodyshop here in Texas, That makes me a Boss, painter, bodyman, shop bitch, accountent, and my wife has her little bartender job at night, sooooooooo that makes me, a taxi F@CKin driver, babysitter, meal cook and referee for when my 7 yr old wants beat the shit out of my 5 yr old. Don't get me wrong I like things like they are but some days just SUCK ASS. This is the part that did it for me today. I'm painting this truck and I'm on my last coat of clear. I finish, back up to revel in the fact that I'm done. I back into the only light in my booth that has no cover on it, The bulb falls out hits the ground, explodes and shoots shardes of glass all over this fresh clear. My little girl comes running over to the booth to see what the comotion is all about trips and falls into the f@cking fender!!!!! Now I have strapnel and a 7yr old stuck in the clear........What can you do.......... LOL
So what color was the truck? I hear black paint jobs gotta be perfect to look worth a shit.:D

FLEA DIDDY
12-09-2005, 05:47 PM
So what color was the truck? I hear black paint jobs gotta be perfect to look worth a shit.:DBlack is the best color to paint, Really EZ, The body work has to be dead nuts, or it'll show. Oh the truck was red. I just went out to look at it and it's nothing that some tweezers and some cuttin/buff can't take care of.

Jbb
12-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Black is the best color to paint, Really EZ, The body work has to be dead nuts, or it'll show. Oh the truck was red. I just went out to look at it and it's nothing that some tweezers and some cuttin/buff can't take care of.
Dont feel bad...strange shit happens....I was painting a car once....and I was in a hurry ...ran in the booth to put basecoat #2 on ...grabbed the primer gun by mistake and put some nice gray primer on top of guards red......

NorCal Gameshow
12-09-2005, 06:01 PM
shoot another coat of clear and call it "custom"

FLEA DIDDY
12-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Dont feel bad...strange shit happens....I was painting a car once....and I was in a hurry ...ran in the booth to put basecoat #2 on ...grabbed the primer gun by mistake and put some nice gray primer on top of guards red......I've been in a hurry and done the Ol' narrow the pattern and forget to open it back up big nasty f@ckin run. But I would'nt want any other job.

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Good thing for you and Ziggy your wives do not read the boards. :argue: :argue: :)

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I've been in a hurry and done the Ol' narrow the pattern and forget to open it back up big nasty f@ckin run. But I would'nt want any other job.
Flea Diddy hope your day got better. And thanks for the laugh. :) :)

FLEA DIDDY
12-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Flea Diddy hope your day got better. And thanks for the laugh. :) :)Oh it's all good now, My little girl is a little salty for putting thinner in her hair. LOL

ROZ
12-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Good thing for you and Ziggy your wives do not read the boards. :argue: :argue: :)
Ziggy lives in a perfect world, though :D ... His wife is super sweet, too :)
As for me, I have no excuse ... only a dirty floor :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Ziggy lives in a perfect world, though :D ... His wife is super sweet, too :)
As for me, I have no excuse ... only a dirty floor :D
LOL! Do you need me to send YOU directions on how to use a vacuum??? :wink: :wink:

GHT
12-09-2005, 06:54 PM
With a day as bad as yours I would call Geico and see if I could save 20%. That is a GREAT way to make your day better. :rolleyes: