PDA

View Full Version : Now this is funny!

f_inscreenname
12-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I posted this on my web site (NMX (http://meridian-prime.com/novamarine/default.asp)) And also on iboats just to stir up the Bayliner owners. i then got a responce that was so funny I had to share on all the boat websites I know.
f_inscreenname
Customs officers at the San Luis Port of Entry, near Yuma, found three border crossers hidden in a boat as it was towed across the border Monday.
The 1974 Bayliner Saratoga in tow on a truck caught the attention of the officers, who questioned a 46-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman about their visit to Mexico and return to the United States, said Brian Levin, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The officers searched the boat and found a person hidden in the cabin and two more people in structural areas under the cabin.
The driver and passenger, who are U.S. citizens, were arrested and the border crossers are being held as material witnesses. The case will be prosecuted in Phoenix, said Sandy Raynor, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Arizona.
It is the first case in a long time in which people were hidden, an unusual tactic for smugglers who cross at ports, Levin said.
Customs officers at the San Luis port, 25 miles south of Yuma, have stopped 62 people from being smuggled through the port since Oct. 1, he said.
craze1cars
Here's a continuation of the story that didn't make the news:
"Upon extracting the people from the structural areas of the boat, it was discovered that they weren't individuals attempting to get into the US at all....in reality they were paid laborers who had been hired by the boat's owner for the sole purpose of holding up the floor and controlling hull flex due to rotted stringers. The owner was quoted as saying, "They were VERY hard workers that did a nice job every day, and MUCH cheaper than doing a proper repair on my Bayliner." Authorities apologized for the misunderstanding after their mistake was discovered when the boat collapsed on the trailer before their very eyes. A civil suit against the border patrol for the boat damage was filed on the same day. The owner is seeking $2.43 USD, the full actual cash value of the boat."
:D

topless
12-10-2005, 05:37 AM
OMG that is too funny. Was the boat owners name Boozer by any chance? :crossx:

Desert Rat
12-10-2005, 09:15 AM
I thought Bayliner just included a few with every purchase, you know one as the bilge pump (he come with a small plastic cup) one as the engine blower (this one comes with a number of straws) three with flash lights (one red one green and one white) They will include more but they come under the option package!:D

f_inscreenname
12-10-2005, 01:59 PM
"he come with a small plastic cup"
LMFAO

Tahiti350
12-10-2005, 09:46 PM
46 y.o male, 24 y.o female... Are you sure this wasn't a Skater??? :crossx: :220v:

Infomaniac
12-10-2005, 10:05 PM
You mean I could have hired some illegals instead of selling my rotted boat?
CRAP !!!!!