PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC GURU?

Wet Dream
12-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Ok, I got this from my dad after he passed away. But, he was one to never share many secrets and one part has me stumped. Its the GPS unit.
Its an HP iPAQ Pocket PC. Maybe 2 years old, 2003 Pocket PC Prem... w/ Outlook 2002, bluetooth compatable. There is a bluetooth Belkin GPS unit with it. It will connect but here's what happens. It searches for the GPS, finds it and then asks for a "PASSKEY". What the hell is that? Where do I find that? How do I enter that info? There are a few other things that I have questions about, but we'll start with that for now. My dad had a piece of paper in the case that reads
1. turn on bluetooth<bottom right>
2. press 2nd button on left side
wait for signal.
Can anyone help me?

Jyruiz
12-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I use an HP iPaq with navigation as well, and mine does not ask for a passkey. You might want to go to the website of the software manufacturer and do some reading about it. Wish I could be more help, but out of all the PDA's with Navigation I have setup, I have never run accross that.

572Daytona
12-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Try belkin as the passkey

Wet Dream
12-10-2005, 02:26 PM
I got the passkey. Turns out its 0000. But I can't get my location to display. I'm showing transmitted info, but nothing received, and the GPS unit is charged and working. I'm getting a green light on the Satellite signal and a nice little blue flicker on the bluetooth.

Wet Dream
12-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Bump! I still need help figuring this thing out. ;)