PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas genius spends night upside down...

rrrr
12-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Hold my beer and watch this.... :D :D
Man rescued after being stranded upside-down for more than 8 hours
Updated: 1:04 a.m. ET Dec. 10, 2005
AP
MOUNT HOLLY, Ark. - A hunter suffered hypothermia and kidney damage after becoming entangled in his deer stand and dangling upside down 30 feet above the ground in sleet for 8½ hours.
Raybon E. Upton was hunting by himself Wednesday when his ankle became caught on the deer stand and he slipped. He was trapped there until about midnight when rescuers called by his wife were finally able to free him.
“I had cooked a big supper and he wasn’t home, then I just got this gut feeling that something wasn’t right. And I went out there and found him,” Tammy Upton said Friday.
Upton was conscious but trapped when his wife found him about 8:30 p.m. and call for help. A firefighter was able to secure him with a rope until a fire crew with a ladder could free him.
Upton underwent surgery on Thursday and had another scheduled Saturday and Monday, his wife said.

HocusPocus
12-12-2005, 10:19 AM
must have been hard to reach for a beer in that position. wonder if any animals came by to point and laugh at him.
http://www.4to40.com/images/jokes/deer.jpg

H2OT TIMES
12-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Sounds like they HUNT in Arkansas like they do in Texas. Some guy with a lot of land feeds the deer, in the same spot, everyday during the off season. Then the HUNTER pays this guy a fee to come and sit in a tree until the deer come to get fed and shoot them. They call this HUNTING???????????????

Chase
12-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Goes to show you, that you shouldn't get out of the truck unless you reall yhave to

mickeyfinn
12-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Sounds like they HUNT in Arkansas like they do in Texas. Some guy with a lot of land feeds the deer, in the same spot, everyday during the off season. Then the HUNTER pays this guy a fee to come and sit in a tree until the deer come to get fed and shoot them. They call this HUNTING???????????????
Spoken like someone who has never stand hunted. It is not about hunting a baited field. It is about looking for signs in the woods. Tracking where the animal moves and being there when he goes there again. I know a lot of people that stand hunt and don't shoot/kill anything because they don't know the difference between an old rub and a current one, an old trail and a current one etc. I have however hunted with people who stalk hunt and would have to say that they are some of the biggest idiots in the woods. Somehow the idea of a group of people sharing a piece of land and walking around with loaded high powered rifle shooting at stuff is crazy when you don't know exactly where the others are. We may not know exactly where each other are but we do know that they are not on top of us enough to get hit by a stray bullet. And before you even start with the argument of people not shooting unless they know for sure what they are shooting at, I know that is the way it is SUPPOSED to work. If you ask any of the people who have been shot by an unloaded gun while cleaning it and they will tell you that they thought it was empty. Don't even get me started on the real idiots who get out in the woods and try to drive the deer. They are worse than the stalkers. Besides, if you are hunting for the meat and you can hunt on baited land that just means you don't have to sit out in the cold as long as everyone else. :) :)

rrrr
12-12-2005, 01:58 PM
Not me.....
Used to deer hunt all the time in the national forests when I lived in New Mexico. Moved here and said forget it. Not sport IMO.

deltarat
12-12-2005, 08:25 PM
What a dumb ass!!!

73kona455
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
What a dumb ass!!!
That happened about 15 miles from where i live at. and i agree .. what a dumb ass