PDA

View Full Version : Car Lease help.

moneypit
12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Who knows about these damn things? What to do and what not to do...

NashvilleBound
12-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I have never seen a lease I like. Always better to buy......course this is coming from someone who pays off their homes so I dont have mortgage payments. Someone will tell you there is some lame tax benefit or something........

Ziggy
12-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Be glad to help answer a few ??? if you like.....PM me, email me or check my Profile for a contact method....

HM
12-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Be glad to help answer a few ??? if you like.....PM me, email me or check my Profile for a contact method....
c'mon Ziggy...sack up and tell him here...so all the arm chair experts can eat you alive!!! :D

TOBTEK
12-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I know a thing or two about auto leases.....what info are you looking for? Want to assume a 2004 BMW 4.4 X5? :)

Ziggy
12-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Ok...some leases are ok some are not............On a personal basis, leases are not always the best bet, but the lower payment is the attractive part for many. It all depends on his own situation. Consultation is recommended.

JB in so cal
12-12-2005, 02:27 PM
I know a thing or two about auto leases.....what info are you looking for? Want to assume a 2004 BMW 4.4 X5? :)
Always closing, huh? :)

moneypit
12-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey Toby
Im looking at the 2006 Audi Avant 2.0 for my wife. The dealer mumbled around 500. The list price on the vehicle is 35 and change.
I dont want to pay over 400/month

HM
12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Ok...some leases are ok some are not............On a personal basis, leases are not always the best bet, but the lower payment is the attractive part for many. It all depends on his own situation. Consultation is recommended.
Weak...totally weak. That won't elicit any arm chair experts at all. LOL. Now is the time....Looks like we got a drama red alert on the Dana Stocking Stuffer thread, so you might get out some actual advice with minimal comments from the peanut gallery. :D

MagicMtnDan
12-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Good thread.
Hey Ziggy, I saw an ad on TV for a 3-series lease that was (I think) for two years on a reasonably well equipped 3. I think the sticker was $36K.
Do you know the details on the car, the miles and the lease? Thanks

Ziggy
12-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Good thread.
Hey Ziggy, I saw an ad on TV for a 3-series lease that was (I think) for two years on a reasonably well equipped 3. I think the sticker was $36K.
Do you know the details on the car, the miles and the lease? Thanks
Generally speaking the Factory Advertised BMW leases are 10k miles per year. In your case it may have been an actual dealer ad. Not seeing a match with what the factory has put out at the moment to what you described...
New 3 has been a awesome new car so far.

HighRoller
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Leases are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the car companies. :cool:

HM
12-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Leases are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the car companies. :cool:
Another profession truck driver opionion on finances. Sweet.
Did you ever take care of that conspiracy on Flying J heated fuel?

TOBTEK
12-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Hey Toby
Im looking at the 2006 Audi Avant 2.0 for my wife. The dealer mumbled around 500. The list price on the vehicle is 35 and change.
I have a good buddy that runs an Audi dealership I can call for you if you like. I was gonna lease a new A4 BUT MB just came out with a lease on 2006 C230 sports sedans.... 329 a month with apx 3000 dn + drive offs. Not the most powerfull, but pretty fun, nice looking and SUPER CHEAP....like me :)

TOBTEK
12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Always closing, huh? :)
NO, just HATE the wifes X5....to flippin small!

HighRoller
12-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Another profession truck driver opionion on finances. Sweet.
Are those two comments supposed to mean that you know what you're talking about and I don't? Sweet.
According the Nat'l Auto Dealers Association, car dealers make the highest profit margin when they.....any guesses? LEASE a car to someone. I may be a "truck driver" (I guess that's supposed to mean I'm stupid) but I can run a calculator and discover that leasing a car is financially like kicking yourself in the nuts.
Next, about the so called "conspiracy" with Flying J...it's a bunch of bunk, right? And that's why several state governments and taxing agencies are asking Flying J some very serious questions right now about theur fuel pumps and distribution operations. See what happens when you follow the other sheep who said "that can't be true".
Next time why don't you maybe read something or educate yourself before you pop off and a "truck driver" has to correct you.

HM
12-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Are those two comments supposed to mean that you know what you're talking about and I don't? Sweet.
According the Nat'l Auto Dealers Association, car dealers make the highest profit margin when they.....any guesses? LEASE a car to someone. I may be a "truck driver" (I guess that's supposed to mean I'm stupid) but I can run a calculator and discover that leasing a car is financially like kicking yourself in the nuts.
Next, about the so called "conspiracy" with Flying J...it's a bunch of bunk, right? And that's why several state governments and taxing agencies are asking Flying J some very serious questions right now about theur fuel pumps and distribution operations. See what happens when you follow the other sheep who said "that can't be true".
Next time why don't you maybe read something or educate yourself before you pop off and a "truck driver" has to correct you.
LOL! you funny. Do you do parties? :D

HighRoller
12-12-2005, 04:02 PM
LOL! you funny. Do you do parties? :D
Do you? I imagine that's where you peddle your bogus financial products. I didn't even know "croak and choke" insurance was still around!!! :sqeyes:

AZKC
12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Blew the dust off that one pretty quick :crossx: Cough Cough

HM
12-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Do you? I imagine that's where you peddle your bogus financial products. I didn't even know "croak and choke" insurance was still around!!! :sqeyes:
LOL! good one! You are really on a roll today! Really, we should be paying you!!!

INSman
12-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Hey Toby
Hey Chris
I doubt you can get any car with that MSRP for anywhere near $400 per month without putting a few grand down for what they call a CAP reduction. Case in point, I just leased a new 2006 Acura TL, fully loaded with an M.S.R.P. of like $36k, and I am just under $500 per month with $1,500 down that included my first months payment.
check audiusa.com for any special purchase or lease offers

moneypit
12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
I have a good buddy that runs an Audi dealership I can call for you if you like. I was gonna lease a new A4 BUT MB just came out with a lease on 2006 C230 sports sedans.... 329 a month with apx 3000 dn + drive offs. Not the most powerfull, but pretty fun, nice looking and SUPER CHEAP....like me :)
I would appreciate it.... Let me know.

riverroyal
12-12-2005, 05:16 PM
NO, just HATE the wifes X5....to flippin small!
of 3 dogs,it will seem much larger

moneypit
12-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Hey Chris
I doubt you can get any car with that MSRP for anywhere near $400 per month without putting a few grand down for what they call a CAP reduction. Case in point, I just leased a new 2006 Acura TL, fully loaded with an M.S.R.P. of like $36k, and I am just under $500 per month with $1,500 down that included my first months payment.
check audiusa.com for any special purchase or lease offers
Thats kinda why I started this thread. It would kinda be nice to hear the truth from some of our "horses mouths". I hate walking into a dealership with a donkey face.
I always heard that any money placed as a down is cash in the dealers pocket. It has nothing to do with the "manufacturer" and the product the "manufacturer" is leasing to you.

TOBTEK
12-12-2005, 05:34 PM
key point with the payment..... if you can get that 40K for apx 36K then you will be way closer to the payment you want, and have to put down less of a cap cost reduction. ALSO check with the finance department on what the % resid is and what the money factor is.....check online at the manufactures website to see if the dealer is making some extra $$$$'s on you. A little mark up is fair, JUST DONT LET THEM RIP YOUR HEAD OFF. ALSO check on other websites like www.carspies.com (not sure if its still around) BUT they used to have the posted buy rates on resid values from the manufactures.....give me a call if you need some help....toby
PS: dont forget you can buy down the cost of money with refunable security deposits you can save you a ton in % rates and you get the money back at the end of term. I used to lease 90K 745's for around 200.00 a month.....was a cool deal :cool:

riverroyal
12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
key point with the payment..... if you can get that 40K for apx 36K then you will be way closer to the payment you want, and have to put down less of a cap cost reduction. ALSO check with the finance department on what the % resid is and what the money factor is.....check online at the manufactures website to see if the dealer is making some extra $$$$'s on you. A little mark up is fair, JUST DONT LET THEM RIP YOUR HEAD OFF. ALSO check on other websites like www.carspies.com (not sure if its still around) BUT they used to have the posted buy rates on resid values from the manufactures.....give me a call if you need some help....toby
PS: dont forget you can buy down the cost of money with refunable security deposits you can save you a ton in % rates and you get the money back at the end of term. I used to lease 90K 745's for around 200.00 a month.....was a cool deal :cool:
that french?Call my house slacker,I need your address

JB in so cal
12-12-2005, 05:39 PM
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
"Attention in the showroom; Mr Tobtek to the Sales MAnager's office. Mr. Tek to the Sales Manager's office.

TOBTEK
12-12-2005, 06:00 PM
that french?Call my house slacker,I need your address
new house is in REPO statis.........we are homeless! we may have to move in with your family. We could have some cool Rhino races when the kids are at school..... I'll call ya in a few, gonna be in the interstate 15 parking lot for a few hours getting over to a clients house tonight :mad:

riverroyal
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM
new house is in REPO statis.........we are homeless! we may have to move in with your family. We could have some cool Rhino races when the kids are at school..... I'll call ya in a few, gonna be in the interstate 15 parking lot for a few hours getting over to a clients house tonight :mad:
you can move in,,,plenty of room.Having builder issues?

MagicMtnDan
12-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Here's the dealio:
$369*/month for 24 months
$369 First month's payment $369 First month's payment
$2,500 Down payment $2,500 Down payment
$400 Security Deposit $369 Security Deposit
$3,269 Cash due at signing $3,238 Cash due at signing
10,000 miles/year
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/2006325iSedan/Programs.htm?PanelID=4
Generally speaking the Factory Advertised BMW leases are 10k miles per year. In your case it may have been an actual dealer ad. Not seeing a match with what the factory has put out at the moment to what you described...
New 3 has been a awesome new car so far.

j-rod
12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Just leased a 2006 BMW 530i with Navigation, Premium Package and Cold Weather Package. 15,000 miles per year, 2 year lease, $2,500 down, $550 per month. This car is amazing!

Partycattin
01-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Who knows about these damn things? What to do and what not to do...
I'm currently fighting with Bank of America on my lease return. It's a total scam. The lower payments are good but if you ever plan on returning the vehicle, they'll nail you.
I've lease two vehicles in the past 10 years.
The first was was no problem because I sold the truck and paid the residual amount at the end of the lease.
This recent one is a joke. Leased the truck for 5 years (really needed a low payment). The truck was 6000 miles under the cap, had brand new tires, and was in great shape. A quick detail and it was could be sold at any dealership.
BofA sends me a letter saying that because of a small ding in the bumper and some scratches in the bed of the pickup, I owe them $1200. So I guess a 5 year old truck shouldn't have any scratches in the bed. According to BofA your not supposed to take a truck to Home Depot to get supplies. The truck had no door dings, scratches or stains on the interior. Very clean. So I write them a letter disputting what they consider "excessive" wear and tear. I ask them how we can resolve the issue and their answer was a call from their collection agency. So now I'm screwed. If I don't pay, my credit can be affected. Call the collection agency and they are willing to negotiate the amount. (Of course, it's free money for them. The truck has already been auctioned off and they are trying to gain some profit by nailing me to the wall)
So the cost of arbitration or a lawyer would probably be pretty close to their offer. So what do I do at this point. I guess pay them and write it off.

rivercrazy
01-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Sorry I can't help out on this topic. My vocabulary doesn't includes car leases or variable rate/interest only home mortgages.