PDA

View Full Version : Xmas bonus How much?

Sportin' Wood
12-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Just curious, How much do you give, or get? I had to figure that out today for my company, and with more employee's then ever the bottom line did not make me feel real cheerful. That put a whole new spin on the season of giving!

ROZ
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
If my calculations came out correct, I owe my employeer 50.00 :D

JB in so cal
12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Lets seeeeeeeeee. EBITDA was $$$, then prorate for an odd numbered year; divide by the number of months that end in "er" and I think I'm ****ed!

MR HARLEY
12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Christams Bonus ???
WTF is that ??? :220v:

lucky
12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
you mean you didn't buy turkeys on that after thanksgiving special -- loser :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I get $0 :cry:
Oh, I forgot, I don't have a job, nevermind :boxed:

Charley
12-12-2005, 04:41 PM
(I give) I base mine on how many years they have been with me, and what kind of year we had....

INSman
12-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Mine is that I still have my job come January 1st !!!!! :cool:

rivercrazy
12-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Zero - My bonus is based on individual performance.

chub
12-12-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't get nadda. I'm union anyway so to most a you I'm already "lucky" to just have a job anyway. :rolleyes:

Cole Trickle
12-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Nada
My last company gave out $20 gift certificates to Ralphs (Alcohol excluded)
I sold it for $15.00 and bought a 12 pack;)

hoolign
12-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Anywhere form 3-5K. ....And it gets donated to a charity every Christmas.

lucky
12-12-2005, 04:54 PM
since when is kim hansens molsen ale a charity ???

hoolign
12-12-2005, 04:59 PM
since when is kim hansens molsen ale a charity ???
Kim dont need charity..he makes some good coin

bear down
12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
One of my managers at one time responded to my question about bonus and raises...."Your raise and bonuses are effective once you are"....I pretty much just shut up and take whatever I can get.

riverroyal
12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
oh sure,maybe I can get some fabric softner

rent money II
12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I get ZIP and give 1/2 monthly salary but since I sold most of my property to make some easy money in the stock market in May of 2000 it doesn't add up to a lot.

Dusty Times
12-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Every year I wonder what the right amount is to give. Had an employee quit last year the week before Christmas because he thought someone got more than him the previous year :cry:

Totally IncapASSitated
12-12-2005, 05:48 PM
I am surprised there are not many HBer's pulling in some big holiday/year end bonuses.
I am a member of the sales organization for my company and our bonus (which is an incentive based on meeting several #'s...i.e. profitability goals, real internal growth goals, not exceeding admin/personnel budgets) can be rather significant if we have a good year.
I've actually been thinking about making a career change, but would not even consider leaving before 12/31 and forgoing a $15-16k incentive check.

Brooski
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Bonus? From the government? HA
I get to sell back a week or two of vacation in December for cash. That is the only bonus we can get..

OutCole'd
12-12-2005, 06:10 PM
oh sure,maybe I can get some fabric softner
HOLY SHIT...Now that was the best answer here...... :D :D :D

riverroyal
12-12-2005, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=OutCole'd]HOLY SHIT...Now that was the best answer here...... :biggrin :rollside: : :D :D[/QUOTe

OutCole'd
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
This thread pops up every year. I have never had a job where I got a X-mas bonus.

riverroyal
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
This thread pops up every year. I have never had a job where I got a X-mas bonus.
my wife does though,not sure how much.Im sure we will buy drapes or something

Sleek-Jet
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I get a small bonus at the current company... enough to cover the gas to go back home...
... come to think of it, yeah, it's a pretty good bonus. :D
Didn't get one for years at the former company. :cry: :D

Mandelon
12-12-2005, 06:37 PM
I usually give the low end hourly guys $250 and the rest maybe $500 or somewhere in between. Depends on the cash situation. I have a couple of part timers that might get a hundy. Last year everyone got a radio too, maybe I'll take em all to boot world and let pick a pair of nice boots.
It'd be nice to give more, but December is usually a slow month.

Brian
12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Our company (large aerospace corporation) doesn't do Christmas bonuses, but we do get a profit sharing type of deal based on the company's performance. That usually happens in Feb or Mar. Last few years we've been running in the 4%-7% range. This year I'm also finding excuses to hand out some small "bravo" awards to stick a few bucks in my team members pockets just before the holidays. It's not a whole lot (couple hundy), but after the rough year we've had it can't hurt.
:cool:

OutCole'd
12-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I've tried to do bonuses in the past. It seems it's never enought no matter what I did, just seemed to do more harm than good, so fukum. I try to do something cool for the peeps that need it. The ones making good money expect the world.

ahhell
12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
I get time and a half If I work Christmas.....Free dinner at the bosses party :220v:
wifey gets a decent one...enuf to buy the boys gifts :cry:

Just Tool'n
12-12-2005, 07:12 PM
My bonuses are paid in Feb each year, based on performance #'s meeting a matrix that who knows makes up.
This year performance is split on 2 diffrent levels due to consolidation of sales offices, wk1-21 which was locked in at that time. Then wk 22-52, which as I was told 2 weeks ago was not going to happen due to unforeseen expenses that we managers have no control over!
I thought what BS, so much for this year.

SANGERBRU
12-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I put 15% in Profit sharing, pension plan (yearly totals, including O.T.) , and give another 10% Cash bonus @ XMAS. Plus let them use company vehicles, store shit at my shop, borrow interest free, you get the idea, I'm a patsy. But they do make me a lot of $$$$$$$.
Sangerbru

mickeyfinn
12-12-2005, 07:50 PM
We don't officially get a "Christmas bonus". We get a "longevity Bonus". $50.00/year of service plus one half of our unused sick leave over 240 hours. Works out to be a decent bonus. I've been here 22 years so mine works out pretty good. Around 2500.

JetBoatRich
12-12-2005, 07:57 PM
It'd be nice to give more, but December is usually a slow month.
I figured a bonus would be based on what you did for the year, not just December :argue:

Kindsvater Flat
12-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Got a 55 dollar gift certificate to use at a local store. Got to sign the charge ticket so I'm thinking 55 bucks worth of Hamm's and some pork rinds

JetBoatRich
12-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Last year the company I worked for had the best year in their history, being part of the management team we were rewarded significantly. I had 8 months with them and received around 25% :cool:

XtrmWakeborder
12-12-2005, 09:18 PM
100 whole dollars woo hoo! enough to pay my cell bill for the month lol

Throttle
12-12-2005, 09:23 PM
:cry:

moneypit
12-12-2005, 09:38 PM
I get nada.. I pay it though. Everyone gets a nice pocket full. I dont want Clark Griswald showing up at my house x-mas eve.

my21advantage
12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Bonus check, what's that???
The closest comparison I have is my overtime for the year is paid out every year in December so I comp my ot all year just to get a bonus check...but I guess that doesn't really make it a bonus check then.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Well......
Midlife Advantage and I gave out bonuses to our employees at our Christmas party on Saturday night....
Bonuses ranged from $100 for recent hires within a few months to about $2,500 for managers......The average for hourly people was about $500......
I think we spent about $5K on the party......
We like doing it knowing it helps during Christmas time.......
Later,
CJG
:cool:

maxwedge
12-13-2005, 12:24 AM
I put 15% in Profit sharing, pension plan (yearly totals, including O.T.) , and give another 10% Cash bonus @ XMAS. Plus let them use company vehicles, store shit at my shop, borrow interest free, you get the idea, I'm a patsy. But they do make me a lot of $$$$$$$.
Sangerbru
Hey this sounds nice. What is it you do? Do you need any new employees? I can do the commute, it's only 2000mi or so. LOL

Hardly Satisfied
12-13-2005, 03:09 AM
we get meat and cheese trays for ours :cry:

Devilman
12-13-2005, 04:54 AM
$2K Christmas bonus. We also receive our safety bonuses this time of year, so employees that didn't screw up receive an additional $200....

Sandbar Mike
12-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Being an Electrical Project Manager, this is what I've gathered.
Great profitting year bonuses are around 30% of salary.
Good profitting year bonuses are around 15% of salary.
OK profitting year bonuses are around 10% of salary.
My Jobs profitted around 1.4 mill this year, record for me. My fingers are crossed.

Partycattin
12-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Get the day off, that's it.
No bling whatsoever.
Did get a $20 phone card for my birthday though. :cry:

a catered life
12-13-2005, 07:45 AM
well if you add the days i'm late and subtract the hours i post from my desk and divide that by the hours i really work i figure i owe my company $7459.35 roughly :cry:

BarryMac
12-13-2005, 07:50 AM
If it is a good year for the company that I work for we generally get between 4 and 6%, last year was a bad year, we got nada, this year was a bit better so hopefully we will get something? I have always told the wife don't count on one, if we get it my girls get an over the top Christmas, if I don't they just have a really good Christmas...

JB in so cal
12-13-2005, 07:52 AM
I've tried to do bonuses in the past. It seems it's never enought no matter what I did, just seemed to do more harm than good, so fukum. I try to do something cool for the peeps that need it. The ones making good money expect the world.
That's my Christmas card for next year right there!!!

Mandelon
12-13-2005, 08:25 AM
I figured a bonus would be based on what you did for the year, not just December :argue:
Unfortunately the money earned throughout the year gets spent throughout the year and what we have in December is what is left over. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much.
FYI Rich, should know its a lot easier to get the bonus that to pay a dozen of them. :skull:

OutCole'd
12-13-2005, 08:31 AM
That's my Christmas card for next year right there!!!
Glad I can help, Ba Humbug...... :)

Liberator TJ1984
12-13-2005, 08:35 AM
We got a Sirius XM radio setup and 1yr paid subscription, a ticket to the local town shindig x-mas party @ $100 a person , a $175 craftsman car tool kit,
a 25# Turkey and a 10# Ham ....oh yea ...all the Tamales we can eat here at the office untill New Years :cool:
For some reason everyone has alot of " gas " lately :rolleyes:

Sportin' Wood
12-13-2005, 08:47 AM
FYI Rich, should know its a lot easier to get the bonus that to pay a dozen of them. :skull:
Multiply that by 6 and you can feel some of my christmas pain. :p
" Sorry hunny that diamond got spent on my employees". :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Christams Bonus ???
WTF is that ??? :220v:
Exactly.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Phuckers should not EXPECT anything other the opportunity to have a job. Anything more than that is truly a bonus. As they say, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Sportin' Wood
12-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Phuckers should not EXPECT anything other the opportunity to have a job. Anything more than that is truly a bonus. As they say, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
New poster over the door into the shop!

NOTALENT
12-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I normally get $1500 but they decided to screw me over...just for this year...!!! :mad:

OnlyMoney
12-13-2005, 09:10 AM
My bosses give everyone a weeks salary...at least! I'm used to nothing from the big companies :yuk:, so the little family-owned stuff is definitely the better choice. I can't complain. I also get days off when I want..without pay of course, but then again, I don't miss Fridays before poker runs anymore! :rollside: :rollside:
Is it boating season yet??

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2005, 09:16 AM
New poster over the door into the shop!
Glad I could help. :D

OutCole'd
12-13-2005, 09:17 AM
I normally get $1500 but they decided to screw me over...just for this year...!!! :mad:
Thats' what i'm talking about. People feeling like they are getting screwed if they don't get something EXTRA.

YeLLowBoaT
12-13-2005, 09:25 AM
I have never gotten a xmas bonus. I have worked since I was 15. I never expected to get 1. Now I have got a profit sharing, but that didn't come til the end of feb.

Biglue
12-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Nada
My last company gave out $20 gift certificates to Ralphs (Alcohol excluded)
I sold it for $15.00 and bought a 12 pack;)
Now that is some funny shit right there.
Me I get a hair messing up rub and an "attaboy". :crossx: :crossx:

Tom Brown
12-13-2005, 09:31 AM
... the Jack Daniels DUI defense cooperative.

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-13-2005, 09:32 AM
We got a Sirius XM radio setup and 1yr paid subscription, a ticket to the local town shindig x-mas party @ $100 a person , a $175 craftsman car tool kit,
a 25# Turkey and a 10# Ham ....oh yea ...all the Tamales we can eat here at the office untill New Years :cool:
For some reason everyone has alot of " gas " lately :rolleyes:
Personally I would enjoy this more than money. Sure, money helps this time of year, but for some reason I dont think I would feel as if I didnt get enough or too much with something like this.

RiverToysJas
12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Just curious, How much do you give, or get? I had to figure that out today for my company, and with more employee's then ever the bottom line did not make me feel real cheerful. That put a whole new spin on the season of giving!
I think a one year subscription to the "jelly of the month club" is appropriate. That's the gift that keeps on giving, the whole year around. ;)
My company just spent over $19,000,000 giving all 39,000 employees $500. After taxes I don't think it'll even cover the 90 in a 65 speeding ticket I got on Sunday.
RTJas :D

bocco
12-13-2005, 09:49 AM
I got a rock.

Craig
12-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Ours is also based on the years performance. It can be up to 15% of your yearly salary. But our performance hasn't been all that great lately :( We have a bunch of indicators they use, budget, safety, human performance screw ups, capacity factor. I think last year we got like 4 or 5 %. Still beats a sharp stick in the eye even after the IRS gets its mitts on it!

superdave013
12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I am told I get 2% of the total pie. It started out like that but over the years our sales (and profits) went way up and the bonus has gotten smaller every time. lol This year I'm sure will be the same. Last year we made 4 mil. more then we did 10 years ago but the bonus was over 10K less. But hey, something is better then nothing so as it gets smaller every year I still thank them anyway.
This year's bonus will be paid at the end of this week. And I'm giving my notice that they will no longer be my employer the next Monday. (Has noting to do with the bonus, I'm just tired of working there.)

Dave C
12-13-2005, 11:00 AM
2 weeks salary.. at the old place.

79Challenger
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
I got a mid 5 figure profit sharing bonus......... holy shit! And a weeks pay for a Christmas bonus. Now I am told we get the 24th through the 2nd off and paid. Very nice!

Liberator TJ1984
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Personally I would enjoy this more than money. Sure, money helps this time of year, but for some reason I dont think I would feel as if I didnt get enough or too much with something like this.
At my workplace ,we are a world wide operation , but operate out of a very small community . Our boss is very good to us on other things ( paid days off ,etc...) so that helps during the rest of the year.
All he asks is for us to Donate canfood, new clothes or childrens gifts during the year as we can ,along with a few other local companies...... then on Dec.23rd. they are distributed at several Church to all those who are in need...kinda like the Toys for Tots deal except for all ages :cool:

nmboats
12-13-2005, 11:23 AM
For the last 8 years it has been a big fat $0.

Mrs. 4-B
12-13-2005, 11:47 AM
After reading this thread I won't complain again about the size of my bonus! It's very fair and we also get a nice boost into our 401K with profit sharing and were off from 12/24 - 1/2, paid. I'm feeling privaleged at the moment! Thanks boss!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I am a h/r manager and while I do not come up with the bonus amounts per employee, I do see what everyone gets. It amazes me how greedy people are and how pissed they get whether they recieve $100 or $10k. A bonus is just that, a bonus. Its a gift, not something that is owed to you. If the company you work for is profitable and they choose to share, good for you. If they choose not to share, well just be thankful to be employed.
Quit with the "they owe me" mentality. Its not very festive. :)

Do F150's Float?
12-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Well said. Although a lot of people take their bonus as a review of their performance at work. From that standpoint, i should be getting a much better bonus than last year considering the volume we had (& i handled...litterally by myself). But to be perfectly honest...i'm just happy working here. I'm pretty damn spoiled (& I know it). Same bonus as last year will make me plenty happy :D

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Sadly, it's just an indication of how society is now. Everyone is owed something and no one takes responsibility for their own actions.
You get a bonus, good for you. If you don't, but you've still got a job, be thankful because there are plenty of people that will gladly take you non-bonus paying job and not bitch and whine about it. If you're living your life coutning on a bonus, that's your mistake, ther's a reason it is called a BONUS (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/bonus). None of us are irreplaceable where we work, exept for the business owners on here.
I swear, if I owned my owen business and handed out bonuses and someone bitched about the amount they received I'd fire them right there for insubordination. Yes, I'm an a$$hole, and an opinionated one at that.

Mrs. 4-B
12-13-2005, 02:08 PM
I swear, if I owned my owen business and handed out bonuses and someone bitched about the amount they received I'd fire them right there for insubordination. Yes, I'm an a$$hole, and an opinionated one at that.
Note to Self: Don't go to work for Havasu Dreamin' :p

OutCole'd
12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
I am a h/r manager and while I do not come up with the bonus amounts per employee, I do see what everyone gets. It amazes me how greedy people are and how pissed they get whether they recieve $100 or $10k. A bonus is just that, a bonus. Its a gift, not something that is owed to you. If the company you work for is profitable and they choose to share, good for you. If they choose not to share, well just be thankful to be employed.
Great post, you get two gold stars.

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
xmas bonus this morning,god bless my wife