PDA

View Full Version : Tookie is history

spectratoad
12-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Nice to wake up and the first thing I hear on the news is that our world is rid of another murderer. :D Now we just need to muddle through the media covering the hollywood pieholes spouting their opinions for the next couple of days. :cry:

Old Texan
12-13-2005, 06:05 AM
SAN QUENTIN, Calif. (AP) - Convicted killer Stanley Tookie Williams, the Crips gang co-founder whose case stirred a national debate about capital punishment versus the possibility of redemption, was executed early Tuesday.
Williams, 51, died at 12:35 a.m. Officials at San Quentin State Prison seemed to have trouble injecting the lethal mixture into his muscular arm. As they struggled to find a vein, Williams looked up repeatedly and appeared frustrated, shaking his head at supporters and other witnesses.
"You doing that right?" it sounded as if he asked one of the men with a needle.
After he was declared dead, his supporters shouted in unison: "The state of California just killed an innocent man," as they walked out of the chamber.
The case became the state's highest-profile execution in decades. Hollywood stars and capital punishment foes argued that Williams' sentence should be commuted to life in prison because he had made amends by writing children's books about the dangers of gangs and violence.
In the days leading up to the execution, state and federal courts refused to reopen his case. Monday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger denied Williams' request for clemency, suggesting that his supposed change of heart was not genuine because he had not shown any real remorse for the killings committed by the Crips.
"Is Williams' redemption complete and sincere, or is it just a hollow promise?" Schwarzenegger wrote. "Without an apology and atonement for these senseless and brutal killings, there can be no redemption."
Williams was condemned in 1981 for gunning down convenience store clerk Albert Owens, 26, at a 7-Eleven in Whittier and killing Yen-I Yang, 76, Tsai-Shai Chen Yang, 63, and the couple's daughter Yu-Chin Yang Lin, 43, at the Los Angeles motel they owned. Williams claimed he was innocent.
Witnesses at the trial said he boasted about the killings, stating "You should have heard the way he sounded when I shot him." Williams then made a growling noise and laughed for five to six minutes, according to the transcript that the governor referenced in his denial of clemency.
Lora Owens, Owens' stepmother, watched Williams die. In the days before the execution, she was one of the outspoken advocates who believed the execution should go forward. She said her stepson was shot twice in the back, even though he begged Williams for his life.
"I believe it was a just punishment long overdue," she told ABC's "Good Morning America."
About 1,000 death penalty opponents and a few death penalty supporters gathered outside the prison to await the execution. Singer Joan Baez, M A S H actor Mike Farrell and the Rev. Jesse Jackson were among the celebrities who protested the execution.
"Tonight is planned, efficient, calculated, antiseptic, cold-blooded murder and I think everyone who is here is here to try to enlist the morality and soul of this country," said Baez, who sang "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" on a small plywood stage set up just outside the gates.
A contingent of 40 people who had walked the approximately 25 miles from San Francisco held signs calling for an end to "state-sponsored murder." But others, including Debbie Lynch, 52, of Milpitas, said they wanted to honor the victims.
"If he admitted to it, the governor might have had a reason to spare his life," Lynch said.
Former Crips member Donald Archie, 51, was among those attending a candlelight vigil outside a federal building in Los Angeles. He said he would work to spread Williams' anti-gang message.
"The work ain't going to stop," said Archie, who said he was known as "Sweetback" as a young Crips member. "Tookie's body might lay down, but his spirit ain't going nowhere. I want everyone to know that, the spirit lives."
Among the celebrities who took up Williams' cause were Jamie Foxx, who played the gang leader in a cable movie about Williams; rapper Snoop Dogg, himself a former Crip; Sister Helen Prejean, the nun depicted in "Dead Man Walking"; and Bianca Jagger. During Williams' 24 years on death row, a Swiss legislator, college professors and others nominated him for the Nobel Prizes in peace and literature.
"There is no part of me that existed then that exists now," Williams said recently during an interview with The Associated Press.
He said he wanted to continue his advocacy work from prison.
"I haven't had a lot of joy in my life. But in here," he said, pointing to his heart, "I'm happy. I am peaceful in here. I am joyful in here.".................................................. .....................................
Nobel Peace Prize??????????????? Please..........
The rotten scum coldblooded killer got what he deserved

lucky
12-13-2005, 06:56 AM
ahhh man , uncle sam burnt the tookies -- I loved chocolate chip - too

THOR
12-13-2005, 07:05 AM
It is hard to believe how stupid and/or ignorant the supporters are and were. They kept saying Arnold killed him. That is wrong on many different levels. You could go back two days and say the circuit court of appeals killed him or go back many years and say a jury of his peers killed him. How f'n dumb are these people.

MODVP22
12-13-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm a bit suprised it took so long with him in prison. I believe the right thing was done though...in my opinion

Forkin' Crazy
12-13-2005, 07:14 AM
I don't believe they should have killed him with an injection. That's the easy way out....
I think they should have made him march the 13 steps of a gallows to be hung by the neck until dead... publicly of course. :mad:

dmontzsta
12-13-2005, 07:30 AM
Good job. I cant believe the supporters. I bet if each one of them had a loved one he killed, they wouldnt be there. It just bothers me how some people in the community are. They have something done to them, they scream kill him. But if its not them, the scream to not kill him. Bottom line he got what he deserves, they need to execute more of this fockers. Instead of letting them sit there using our tax dollars.

Cas
12-13-2005, 08:17 AM
When someone gets the death sentence, it needs to happen long before 24 years goes by. First off the crime is still fresh in people's minds so the "time heals all" effect doesn't take place. 2nd, it sure would save us CA taxpayers a ton of money.

Squirtin Thunder
12-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Don't get me wrong, the guy killed more people than he was convicted of. Being he was the co founder of the Cripts, accessory to thousands of murders and killings.
But I think California ****ed up here, this guy could have been subsidizing the San Quinten and California prison system founds with all the profits from his book sales. In turn costing the tax payers less money.
If he was to be executed it should happen within 2 years of the crime.

Huckleberry
12-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Don't get me wrong, the guy killed more people than he was convicted of. Being he was the co founder of the Cripts, accessory to thousands of murders and killings.
But I think California ****ed up here, this guy could have been subsidizing the San Quinten and California prison system founds with all the profits from his book sales. In turn costing the tax payers less money.
It would be a very small subsidy. If I recall hearing it right, the grand total of ALL of Tookie Williams' book sales was around 245 books! In fact, one of his books only sold two copies. Yet the liberal wackos claim his books have affected/saved the lives of MILLIONS of youths. Man there must some line at the South Central Library waiting for their turn to read his garbage.

Biglue
12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
People were actually playing the race card over his execution too. What about the people he killed? You never see a hispanic or white dude come out saying one of their race was executed over race.
After hearing Jesse Jackson speak last night I hate that focker even more. Someone needs to put that focker in a hole somewhere. He stands between people accounting for their actions EVERY TIME. Tookie Williams died because he chose to murder people. He was not acting in self defense or defending his home from intruders. HE WAS ROBBING places of business. As far as his work through children's books, thanks for what inner city kids he could save. But his time here is over. He said he was at peace in himself, well perhaps that will help him in whatever faith he follows. Just my .02.

YeLLowBoaT
12-13-2005, 09:20 AM
My .02 cents is they should use a .22 shell at point blank range to the back of the head--wait-- a 22 shell is just .02 cents....
I really think that we need to expaned capitol crimes in this country. The whole staying alive for 20 years is BS. Give them a year to appeal then take them out back and shoot them.

Biglue
12-13-2005, 09:22 AM
It would be a very small subsidy. If I recall hearing it right, the grand total of ALL of Tookie Williams' book sales was around 245 books! In fact, one of his books only sold two copies. Yet the liberal wackos claim his books have affected/saved the lives of MILLIONS of youths. Man there must some line at the South Central Library waiting for their turn to read his garbage.
NO SHIT!?!?!?! THAT'S IT??????
Man.........he got nobel prize nominations for 247 books sold????? OMG.
Inner city gang member kids don't care about what he did in what Tookie viewed as positive. These kids only see the glamour of his elevated "gangster" position. When they look at their older "homies" they don't see the person wether he straightend out or continued to live the life. They see the big gold chains, the cars, the clothing, money. That influences these inner city kids before some crock of shit book will. Sad but true.

Mardonzi
12-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Nancy Grace from CNN made a great point last night,,
If he was done, finished, and totally disasssociated with Gang life all together, then why did he still go by his gang moniker "Tookie"?
Glad he's gone,,,,

stonehedge
12-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Noble peace prize? It was a sham, and a libral ploy. Never even went anywhere. But the left wont report on that.
Where in the hell was the naacp defending the THREE minorities that were gunned down in cold blood? I thought so.
They thought it would be "hip" to latch on to this loser to stimulate the dieing image of the naacp. Attract the younger crowd, seeing that most of there members are over 40. The hay day of the civil rights movement is way over, for a reason.

Just Tool'n
12-13-2005, 10:17 AM
They should do this more often.
Next on is schueduled for Jan 17th, Clarence Ray Allen. Another 20+plus year member on death row.

HocusPocus
12-13-2005, 10:33 AM
according to the news last night someone asked the question, if his books influenced youths to avoid gang life, then why is gang related crime up 30%?
Nancy Grace from CNN made a great point last night,,
If he was done, finished, and totally disasssociated with Gang life all together, then why did he still go by his gang moniker "Tookie"?
the wife and i were talking about that also... even jesse jackson was calling him tookie!! you would think if the guy was trying to distance himself from the gang he would use his given name, not his gang name!
oh well.. f*ck him, i hope it says tookie on his head stone!

Biglue
12-13-2005, 10:46 AM
according to the news last night someone asked the question, if his books influenced youths to avoid gang life, then why is gang related crime up 30%?
the wife and i were talking about that also... even jesse jackson was calling him tookie!! you would think if the guy was trying to distance himself from the gang he would use his given name, not his gang name!
oh well.. f*ck him, i hope it says tookie on his head stone!
Totally agree with you there.
F ucking celebrities out there for a "cause". And Jesse Jackson......... F U C K. Saying that execution is controlled murder......no shit. But it's necessary. I don't see Law abiding citizens worried about the dealth penalty. The race card was played big time last night. If he was still out causing havoc these same communities would be bitching about a failed system.

Squirtin Thunder
12-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I just thought they could use him a bit. Oh well I was wrong. Hang him by his nut sack !!!
Next on is schueduled for Jan 17th, Clarence Ray Allen. Another 20+plus year member on death row.
How much does this cost Ca per case ??? I mean all the wasted time to retry people after 20+years.
LMAO.
That didn't take much to change your mind.
I was pritty much set but just thought he could make the tax payers some money. Sort of like "Running Man" one of the Gov.s flicks.

Jyruiz
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
He got what he deserved, it was just 23 years late.

Biglue
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I just thought they could use him a bit. Oh well I was wrong. Hang him by his nut sack !!!
LMAO.

lilrick
12-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Nice to wake up and the first thing I hear on the news is that our world is rid of another murderer. :D Now we just need to muddle through the media covering the hollywood pieholes spouting their opinions for the next couple of days. :cry:
NO PICS? Dammit I was hoping you had some pics of his dead decaying body! how dare you! hehehe!

spectratoad
12-13-2005, 11:06 AM
I heard this morning that some reporter asked Windbag Jesse Jackson if he knew any of the names of the victims and it sounds like this is the only time he has been silent.
The crowd, camera chasing, attention ***** SOB didn't even know that but he was sure that "SPOOKIE" was innocent. :mad:

Jyruiz
12-13-2005, 11:09 AM
jesse jackson is a piece of shit.

Mardonzi
12-13-2005, 11:10 AM
No arguement here on that one.....
One nice thing about the Death Penalty,,, no repeat offenders :220v:

spectratoad
12-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Yep, as well as his assistant, Al Sharpton

Biglue
12-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Yep, as well as his assistant, Al Sharpton
Don't forget the Muslim leader (forget his name).

Ziggy
12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Well overdue.
Some celebs that have been out of the spotlight for a while always seem to be the ones that try to be advocates......gee wonder why? The exception being Jesse Jackson who sticks his nose into anything he can to be on TV.

Devilman
12-13-2005, 11:26 AM
I heard this morning that some reporter asked Windbag Jesse Jackson if he knew any of the names of the victims and it sounds like this is the only time he has been silent.
The crowd, camera chasing, attention ***** SOB didn't even know that but he was sure that "SPOOKIE" was innocent. :mad:
Exactly. So would it have still been a racial killing if they would have had a black man throw the switch? Fer Crissakes..... :rolleyes:

Squirtin Thunder
12-13-2005, 11:37 AM
How much does this cost Ca per case ??? I mean all the wasted time to retry people after 20+years.
LMAO.
I was pritty much set but just thought he could make the tax payers some money. Sort of like "Running Man" one of the Gov.s flicks.