PDA

View Full Version : Worth a try to save our Dezert...

Waldo
12-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Springboarding off Flying Tiger's thread...I received this in an email from a friend a few days ago. It might sound a little unorthodox but our right to use public land for OHV use is, and has always been, in jeopardy! All you Glamis/Ocotillo/Stoddard/fill in desert name here, users need to get involved otherwise the great desert we play in will be dead (and all your big-baller toys will be worthless!). Check it out.
"The Center for Biological Diversity is soliciting donations. They are a 501-3C. They are and have for years, been attempting to close the California
Desert to the only people that use and enjoy it. They are a left wing waco nut job organization hell bent on closing public lands.
Do me and your self a favor, in your own hand, pen a letter to the CFBD to this affect and mail it via snail mail.
I am concerned about irresponsible corporate/government/recreational (pick one) environmental policies. I have heard good things about your organization. I am interested in contributing some money. Please send me information on your activities and a detailed financial report.
Make up your own so the letters are not recognisable or fit a pattern. They will spend as much as $20.00 per year per prospective contributor. It will cost you $.39 for a stamp. Do not email them or supply an email address or phone #.
Forward this to as many people as you think might help out. Send in requests often with different names and return addresses. If a few thousand people get on board 4-5 times a year it will choke their mail system
and do the math on the clerical expense and return postage."
Mail to:
Center for Biological Diversity
PO Box 710
Tucson AZ 85702-0710
See ya all in the dez.

OGShocker
12-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Do not use real return addresses. If you do they will sell them for real cash and defeat the purpose. If they sell bogus addresses bulk mail companies will black ball them, cutting of another source of revenue for them.