PDA

View Full Version : Gsxr1000

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 01:32 PM
does anyone know any deals right now on this bike?

redi4fun
12-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Have you looked here:
http://www.labikebargains.com/index.htm
:)

Cole Trickle
12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Scariest bike I have ever riden!! :crossx:
I would be dead in less than a week if I owned one. :cry:

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Have you looked here:
no but thank you they have one......

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 01:41 PM
you? never your a very good driver, i hear :crossx:

RiverRatMike
12-13-2005, 01:45 PM
R6 is a scary fast bike!

Cole Trickle
12-13-2005, 02:06 PM
you? never your a very good driver, i hear :crossx:
I consider my self better than average on 4 wheels and about average on 2.
I have almost bought a street bike on a couple occasions.My step brother is a very good rider and he is into trick riding and road coure riding.(He has totaled 3-4 bikes in the past 4 years)
He rides a 954rr right now and it has plenty of power but is a little more comfortable than the GSXR.
The R6 has half the power of the GSXR1000

BADBLOWN572
12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
The R6 has half the power of the GSXR1000
That is very true. I have ridden the R6 and GSXR1000 and the power difference is HUGE. The GSXR has more power than you could ever use!!! Personally my two favorite bikes are the Honda RC-51 and the GSXR 750. Both of those bikes handle great and have a ton of usable power.

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 02:32 PM
FOUND AN 06, sweet its not for me but dammit im ridin it :crossx: no trick ridin though.....

Cole Trickle
12-13-2005, 02:56 PM
That is very true. I have ridden the R6 and GSXR1000 and the power difference is HUGE. The GSXR has more power than you could ever use!!! Personally my two favorite bikes are the Honda RC-51 and the GSXR 750. Both of those bikes handle great and have a ton of usable power.
The GSXR 750 is a very nice bike and would be one of teh ones I would consider.With a 600 you might want a little more power but with the 750 you should be content unless you like to live on the edge.
The RC51 is a great bike not to peaky but has alot of torque for pulling you out of corners.They were very pricey when they first came out!!!
My buddy had his 929 stolen and picked up a RC-51 and never looked back (His Rich boss forgot to renew the cycle policy the 929 was on and felt bad/gave him the 51!! :p )

Cole Trickle
12-13-2005, 02:58 PM
FOUND AN 06, sweet its not for me but dammit im ridin it :crossx: no trick ridin though.....
Honestly that is good to hear!!! :)
that bike will pull the front tire from a 100mph roll on the freeway without using the clutch or bouncing the bike up.(Tell your buddy to chek some full coverage insurance rates before he buys the bike..... :rollside: :220v: )

Run_em_Hard
12-13-2005, 02:58 PM
The 600cc bike are great if you live near canyon's. Can't beat them in the twisties. For bad ass accessories for any sport bike check out http://www.tobefast.com/ they have some of the coolest stuff out there.

Liberator TJ1984
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
http://yoshimura-shop.netmove.co.jp/product_image/gsx11stc.jpg

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Honestly that is good to hear!!! :)
that bike will pull the front tire from a 100mph roll on the freeway without using the clutch or bouncing the bike up.(Tell your buddy to chek some full coverage insurance rates before he buys the bike..... :rollside: :220v: )
hell no i would never buy anything over a 750, i know my limits and its about 120 :D

djunkie
12-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Ya be careful. My best friends brother died a few weeks ago on that same bike.

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Ya be careful. My best friends brother died a few weeks ago on that same bike.
ok now thats not good news. well this guys as old as i am so i dont think he'll being going too nuts, hes a big guy though. im just gonna take it around the block once so i wont be crazy on it either..

djunkie
12-13-2005, 03:25 PM
ok now thats not good news. well this guys as old as i am so i dont think he'll being going too nuts, hes a big guy though. im just gonna take it around the block once so i wont be crazy on it either..
You don't have to be going nuts. Its the people in the cars that don't see you that cause all the problems. Be careful.

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 03:28 PM
You don't have to be going nuts. Its the people in the cars that don't see you that cause all the problems. Be careful.
yeah thats very very true, people cant see ya so they just go right through you. yes im very defensive and careful... ya know your talkin me outta jumpin on this thing

Run_em_Hard
12-13-2005, 03:29 PM
The way that I have always rode is "drive like your invisible". Especially on a bullet bike. With how much power you have you tend to end up in blind spots quickly.

djunkie
12-13-2005, 03:29 PM
yeah thats very very true, people cant see ya so they just go right through you. yes im very defensive and careful... ya know your talkin me outta jumpin on this thing
Just thought I'd help. I wanted to build a custom bike not too long ago. After seeing what happened to him I have no want to own a street bike.

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Just thought I'd help. I wanted to build a custom bike not too long ago. After seeing what happened to him I have no want to own a street bike.
YEP, I SEE YOUR POINT...ya know you took all the fun outta finding this guy a bike :p :D :D

76ANTHONY
12-13-2005, 03:40 PM
hahahaha now he wants a 750........

FHI-prez
12-13-2005, 05:34 PM
There is a lot of truth to people pulling out in front of you. BUT some responsibility should be handed to riders in some cases. I've ridden fast bikes for 12 years on the road, and there is no end to fellow riders stories about being cut off and/or pulled out in front of. Over the years I've ridden with these people and found out why the ones that complain the most are asking for it. Things like:
Riding towards the outside of a lane. People don't look there, they look towards the middle. You hug the outside and you are begging to get cut off.
Riding in peoples blind spots longer than necessary. As a rider you fit nicely into a blind spot, move.
Riding speed. Bikes don't look like they are going as fast as they are when compared to a car. Riding significantly faster than traffic is a good way to get your ass handed to ya.
Riding too aggressive.
Riding too defensive.
Leaving a blinker on.
Riding with guys with more experience on a crazy night of twistie fun. Can't keep up, hurt yourself trying.
a gix 1k is no more dangerous than a sv 650, in fact I think an argument could easily be made to the contrary. Better brakes, better evasive handling. The only thing that f@ks it up is the male ego. The ego will get you hurt or killed in a real hurry on a modern liter bike.
Oh, I forgot the most important F up most riders do daily. They go places in traffic or do things they wouldn't/couldn't do in a car. You end up in a place where someone that saw you a second ago wouldn't expect you to be, and you are asking for trouble. Lane splitting. High acceleration pass. Fitting into tighter spaces because you can and you are in a hurry, that sort of thing.

77charger
12-13-2005, 05:47 PM
that is true although i prefer the gsxr 750 over the rc51.Very few people can actually ride a 1000 to full potential.I have an 01 gsxr 750 and have had no problems being ahead on canyon roads vs the 1000s(have had some track time and lots of canyon time been riding street for 15 years).I think most go with the 1000 cause they think bigger is better,can go faster in straight line,and wheelies easier.
All depends on rider ability on how fast you will go good rider can go just as fast on a 600 these days(they might be heavy on the gas but useing all avail power) vs someone on a bigger bike

CA Stu
12-13-2005, 05:48 PM
a gix 1k is no more dangerous than a sv 650, in fact I think an argument could easily be made to the contrary.
An SV will take a hell of a lot longer to get you up to 100mph. A new rider, unfamiliar with how much power a modern liter bike has on tap, can go WFO for about 5 seconds and be pulling 120. Which is really really fast when you are doing it. Typing in numbers it doesn't seem like a big deal, but a lot of stuff is happening at the same time when you travel at speeds like that.
A new rider on a GSXR is a very very bad idea, those things should be ridden by experts only.
Something no one has mentioned is the MSF safety class. You will learn a lot there, and you will stack the odds in your favor dramatically.
The odds of being hurt and/or killed in a bike crash are way less if:
1) you have taken a safety course
2) you are sober
3) you are over 19
4) you are licensed and insured
If you are some jackass that buys a bike with no license, no formal training, and ride straight to the bar, guess what. You are going to eat it and get hurt sooner or later.
Interestingly enough, the most dangerous stretch of street riding experience id from about 2-3 years after you get a bike. You get confident, relax, and take your eye off the ball.
For the love of Jeebus, if you must have a bike start with a starter bike, and take the MSF safety course.
Thanks
CA Stu

77charger
12-13-2005, 05:51 PM
oh thinkin about selling it.Aint in no hurry if it sells it sells if not i dont mind keeping it.It is the best bike i have owned and my favorite.
.Just dont have the time to ride as much as i use too.And this summer doesnt look good either.

FHI-prez
12-13-2005, 06:01 PM
An SV will take a hell of a lot longer to get you up to 100mph. A new rider, unfamiliar with how much power a modern liter bike has on tap, can go WFO for about 5 seconds and be pulling 120. Which is really really fast when you are doing it. Typing in numbers it doesn't seem like a big deal, but a lot of stuff is happening at the same time when you travel at speeds like that.
A new rider on a GSXR is a very very bad idea, those things should be ridden by experts only.
Something no one has mentioned is the MSF safety class. You will learn a lot there, and you will stack the odds in your favor dramatically.
The odds of being hurt and/or killed in a bike crash are way less if:
1) you have taken a safety course
2) you are sober
3) you are over 19
4) you are licensed and insured
If you are some jackass that buys a bike with no license, no formal training, and ride straight to the bar, guess what. You are going to eat it and get hurt sooner or later.
Interestingly enough, the most dangerous stretch of street riding experience id from about 2-3 years after you get a bike. You get confident, relax, and take your eye off the ball.
For the love of Jeebus, if you must have a bike start with a starter bike, and take the MSF safety course.
Thanks
CA Stu
Let me clarify, I meant the bikes being driven the same way. I know the potential is there, but you don't have to use it. There is such a thing as self control (something that took me years to find out btw :p ).
Slower bikes can be just as dangerous if you are going to factor in ego. Example: beginner rider, trying to keep up with a faster better handling bike will be in way over his head real quick. It works both ways. No bike is safe if you don't know how to ride or you are trying to be "cool" and ride over your head.

CA Stu
12-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Slower bikes can be just as dangerous if you are going to factor in ego. Example: beginner rider, trying to keep up with a faster better handling bike will be in way over his head real quick. It works both ways. No bike is safe if you don't know how to ride or you are trying to be "cool" and ride over your head.
I was first on the scene to a guy that rode a KLR 650 off the side of a moutain going down the Banner Grade (the highway just East of Julian).
Compound fracture in one leg (ankle touhing the knee and blood everywhere), bike on top of him, hanging in a tree.
He was trying to follow an expert rider, and this guy was nowhere near up to it. A 45 year old man trying to become the brave young man he never was before.
I reckon the potential for disaster on a liter bike is a lot more than on a beginner bike, but I agree that if you have your head up your ass, it's pretty easy to hurt yourself.
I cringe when I read about young, inexperienced riders buying Gixxer 1000s.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS Friend of mine claims that the bike he sees most accidents on ( and has to mop up) is a Ninja...FWIW

RiverRatMike
12-13-2005, 11:35 PM
With a 77% score, the GSX-R1000 slots into last place. If we were scoring this test on just empirical data, the venerable Gixxer Thou would score highly. Its combination of gearing, torque and an excellent clutch might give it top marks in acceleration contests, and its sure-footed handling will keep things close on the racetrack. But this is a streetbike test, and the old guard looks like it is a step behind – until next year, at least. Its swingarm looks like it was cobbled in the Daytona pits compared to the artfully crafted Unit Pro-Link gleaming unpainted on the Honda, and its cockpit looks like a Kia next to the Audi-like R1. And it feels fat.

PlyaPlya22
12-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Try riding a Haybusa....never again....WTF.

Run_em_Hard
12-14-2005, 05:21 AM
If you want fast just man up and go buy a ZX12r(kawi 1200). Its faster than the busa. Beginners should start out on a 600 IMO. Thats what I did. People might say thats not big enought but unless you are a big guy its plenty to learn on. And they have plenty of power, I have had my modified ZX6R doin 155 MPH. And who the hell would need to go faster than that?

Carbon Dave
12-14-2005, 07:06 AM
My step brother is a very good rider and he is into trick riding and road course riding.(He has totaled 3-4 bikes in the past 4 years.)
Kind of ironic that he is so "good" he has totaled 4 bikes.
Someone mentioned that beginners should start out on a 600. I think people should re-examine the word beginner. The 600's of today are as fast as the 750's of 10 years ago and the 1000+ bikes of 15 years.
Nobody wants to buy a true "beginner" bike and look like a dork in front of all his buddies.

76ANTHONY
12-14-2005, 07:46 AM
well i've ridin the 750 and the 600 both 05's they both handle great and have enough balls, but i like the feel of the 750. i dont know what it is but if i where to buy a gsxr it would be the 750. and yes as far as beginners, most people want to not look like a dork and buy the 750, me, im old so it doesnt matter :D

Cole Trickle
12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Someone mentioned that beginners should start out on a 600. I think people should re-examine the word beginner. The 600's of today are as fast as the 750's of 10 years ago and the 1000+ bikes of 15 years.
Nobody wants to buy a true "beginner" bike and look like a dork in front of all his buddies.
The first 2 bikes were totaled within the first year he began riding.Basicly going way to fast or not paying attention to your surroundings.(Male Ego)
He was hurt pretty good on both of these crashes.Luckily no other cars were involved but he hid have alot of medical bills and lost wages.
The second 2 bikes are what I would call pushing the envelope crashes.(Trying new tricks...12 oclocks,circle wheelies,etc...)He was not hurt becuase he now wears the propper gear.
He got hooked up with some of the best stunt riders in the world and learned it's hard to keep up with a guy that was born on a bike.
He has been featured in a couple videos and has done pretty good in some of the battle bike comps.
He has been teaching the motorcycle safety classes in LA for about a year and a half now.
His crash rate and tickets have dramitically decreased since he got involved with the safety program.

FHI-prez
12-14-2005, 09:54 AM
My first bike was an '88 Katana 600. Talk about feelin like a dork :boxed:
But it served it's purpose well as I rode the piss out of that thing for 4+ years. I'm so glad I did too because as any experienced rider/racer will tell you, it's much better to learn how to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike fast. I had to learn to catch people in the corners, instead of relying on straight line power. When I moved up to a Gix 750, there wasn't many people around here that could keep up. :p

Liberator TJ1984
12-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I have riden bikes all my life from Trail 70's to KZ900's and with the exception of dirtbikes have only laid one down hard and didn't get hurt thankfully, this was a KZ650 I went into a curve way to hot :rolleyes:
The one that really opened my eye's was the first time I got on my Katana 1100 (posted pic earlier ) only got up to 3rd gear approaching an intersection ,light went red, and realized bike was going too fast to stop in time !!(more power than brakes) lucky cars saw me coming thru fast and did not pull out in front of me, gained alot of respect for them bikes since that happened

wsuwrhr
12-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Fun to ride aren't they?
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-14-2005, 05:34 PM
A new rider, unfamiliar with how much power a modern liter bike has on tap, can go WFO for about 5 seconds and be pulling 120.
What are you riding? A tricycle?
5 sec?
haha
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-14-2005, 05:39 PM
My best advise.
Buy a cheap-USED 600. Fast enough to learn on, cheap enough to throw away.
Insurance will KILL on any newer bike for a beginner rider. You will crash your first bike.
After a couple years experience, step and and buy a 900/liter bike. You'll won't be sorry.
Brian

CA Stu
12-14-2005, 05:40 PM
What are you riding? A tricycle?
5 sec?
haha
Brian
You still never put up on your claimed "180 mph" top speed after I offered to meet you and put my GPS on your bike, bigmouth!
"I shredded my gearbox!" Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
Mouth of an alligator, ass of a hummingbird.
Thanks
CA Stu

wsuwrhr
12-14-2005, 05:48 PM
You still never put up on your claimed "180 mph" top speed after I offered to meet you and put my GPS on your bike, bigmouth!
Thanks
CA Stu
I have a cute butt.....
175 actually.....go back and read it. I will stand by it.
Come on over and see it for yourself. 2 years later....finally worked on it. The motor is back in, but machining has kept me too busy to finish it.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks
CA Stu
BTW,
When I took the pan off, the problem was obvious.
It ended up only being the shift drum, dammit, took the whole motor out for nothing. The 900's have a removable section on the bottom of the motor so I didn't have to split the case to fix it.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-14-2005, 05:54 PM
We'll get MVMVG, and anyone else who wants to come out for a ride when I get it running again.
Brian

CA Stu
12-14-2005, 05:55 PM
BTW,
When I took the pan off, the problem was obvious.
It ended up only being the shift drum, dammit, took the whole motor out for nothing. The 900's have a removable section on the bottom of the motor so I didn't have to split the case to fix it.
Brian
I still have the GPS and fresh batteries.
Whenever you say the word, I'm on my way to see your magical marvelous mystery motorcycle.
Didn't we wager a six pack or something?
What do you think, February 30th, 2029? :rollside:
Cheers
CA Stu

Schmick
12-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Have you looked here:
no KTM's on that site?

wsuwrhr
12-14-2005, 06:41 PM
I still have the GPS and fresh batteries.
Whenever you say the word, I'm on my way to see your magical marvelous mystery motorcycle.
Didn't we wager a six pack or something?
What do you think, February 30th, 2029? :rollside:
Cheers
CA Stu
Magical marvelous mystery motorcycle?
So harsh, we are all friends here.
Come on now, it is a bone stock '95 CBR900RR. Well it does have a K&N airfilter. Some serious mods goin on there. Purple and white. I could post pictures of me next to it if you would like.
What are you going to say when the GPS flashes 174-175-176? Just curious.
Six pack sounds good, twelve pack is better...hell come on over, beer is cold right now.
2029? Come on now. If it isn't fixed I would own a new one by then. I would be 60 anyways. So probably not.
Brian

DEEZ NUTTS
12-14-2005, 06:43 PM
95% of the guys that go down at the track I've been going to are on liter bikes. Twist, slide, let off = highside. Size of the motor means nothing anymore. Go to a track and watch how fast a tarded out CRF450 gets around.

Kindsvater Flat
12-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Well my first bike is a harley nino gordo (fat boy). So far I have had it up to 68mph. I don't see a reason to go faster. If I wanted to go fast I would get this 502hp bike.
http://www.bosshoss.com/images/BIKES_TRIKES/BHC3502/BHC3502_1.jpg