PDA

View Full Version : Still need a car stereo installer --------->

boxscore
05-15-2006, 10:30 PM
The installer's in here in the Desert are unacceptable... I will travel to have a chunk of work done to a new vehicle. But I need some rec's. Anyone ? Amps, speakers, double din Nav, etc. I need top notch work somewhere in So Cal

Jordy
05-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Wired For Sound. Hands down. South of Crown Town. :D
OK, I'll stop. :D :D :D

OutCole'd
05-16-2006, 06:42 AM
Do you have a Pep Boys close by?

sigepmock
05-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Wired for Sound does nice work but so does Al & Ed's in Ontario.....right at the 10 fwy and 15 fwy in the Ontario Mills complex. Darren their installer is top notch, they really do some over the top installs.....
Call Dave at 909-481-8411. He owns the store.
Or PM me for his cell number, he's kinda hard to track down sometimes.
Chris

OutCole'd
05-16-2006, 06:52 AM
The FJ Cruiser won't take a dual shaft style AM/FM Cassette. :D
Sorry, my bad. I did not know he was going "high tech". :)

BoatFloating
05-16-2006, 07:00 AM
The installer's in here in the Desert are unacceptable... I will travel to have a chunk of work done to a new vehicle. But I need some rec's. Anyone ? Amps, speakers, double din Nav, etc. I need top notch work somewhere in So Cal
I have a guy that will come to you. He's done a bunch of work for my friends and there cars and boats. His name is Pat and the guys work is by far the neatest I''ve seen. His #714-457-8129. Let him know Rocky sent you.

Jordy
05-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Let him know Rocky sent you.
Yeah, then he's going to charge you double to make up for the beating that Rocky gave him on his install. :D :D :D

sigepmock
05-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Al & Eds would probably be fine for this particular install, but they don't do the work that we do. I know there's some Al & Eds cheerleaders on this site, but let's get real.
Wow .......I just lost a lot of respect for you and Wired for Sound.....nice professionalism :(
Chris

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Wow .......I just lost a lot of respect for you and Wired for Sound.....nice professionalism :(
Chris
That's why ShockwaveBob is a fiberglass guy in the back and not a salesmen. Ultimately though what he said is pretty true.. WFS has done some pretty sano shit, and continues to do it on a regular basis.
RD

jasonwtc
05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
i have had my boat and last 2 trucks done by al and eds the one in orange kenny did the work never had any problems always does nice stuff and clean i wouldn't go anywhere else. the one in ontario i hear does good work also never had anything done there though

sigepmock
05-16-2006, 08:10 AM
That's why ShockwaveBob is a fiberglass guy in the back and not a salesmen. Ultimately though what he said is pretty true.. WFS has done some pretty sano shit, and continues to do it on a regular basis.
RD
Dave,
I won't agrue that WFS does some sick installs on a regular basis and I'm not here to start a "This shop is better than that shop..." pissing match but I have seen work from both and would say I think Darren at Al & Ed's in Ontario has and can do work on the same level as WFS, they just don't do it as often.
Either way, someone asked for a good installer in SoCal and I offered up my recomendations, that's what this place is about right?
Chris

jbtrailerjim
05-16-2006, 08:24 AM
AudiShoppe in riverside and Wired For Soud in corona are the best aound bar none!!!
I'll second the Audio Shoppe in Riverside but my opinion is a little biased. Alan the owner is my brother-in-law. He has done installs for me and I've seen a lot of trick stuff come out of his shop. He's been in business in the same location for over 20 years. He sells nothing but high end audio equipment. He is not the cheapest by far but he stands behind everything he does. Give him a call and tell him Jimmy sent you. (951)787-0550.

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Dave,
I won't agrue that WFS does some sick installs on a regular basis and I'm not here to start a "This shop is better than that shop..." pissing match but I have seen work from both and would say I think Darren at Al & Ed's in Ontario has and can do work on the same level as WFS, they just don't do it as often.
Either way, someone asked for a good installer in SoCal and I offered up my recomendations, that's what this place is about right?
Chris
I thought this place was all about slinging mud on the internet.. ;) :D
Yeah your right.. At the end of the day though every stereo shop has done some "so/so" stuff, and some sick stuff. It just seems that WFS has a very high % of sick stuff coming out of there. I've referred probably 50 - 100 people to them, and everytime (even in the most anal of cases I.E. Nord) people come back flat amazed at what they get at the end of the day.
RD

Jordy
05-16-2006, 08:34 AM
That was the memo I got when I signed up here a few years ago. Thought that was why ***boat paid me the big bucks too. Who knew it had shifted??? :D :D :D

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 08:38 AM
That was the memo I got when I signed up here a few years ago. Thought that was why ***boat paid me the big bucks too. Who knew it had shifted??? :D :D :D
It's the NNNNNNEEEEEWWWWWW ***boat.. All PC n shit..
RD

Jordy
05-16-2006, 08:39 AM
It's the NNNNNNEEEEEWWWWWW ***boat.. All PC n shit..
RD
What does PC have to do with it??? Is it his fault??? :D :D :D
I don't like the new ***boat then. Fuq being PC. That's no fun. I quit. :D :D :D
Jordy <-----disgruntled internet shit stirrer. Boo. :notam:

soupersonic
05-16-2006, 08:46 AM
What does PC have to do with it??? Is it his fault??? :D :D :D
I don't like the new ***boat then. Fuq being PC. That's no fun. I quit. :D :D :D
Jordy <-----disgruntled internet shit stirrer. Boo. :notam:
You cant quit,you have one of the biggest stirrer sticks in here.What fun would it be then?

6 Dollar Boat
05-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Mark's Auto Sound (http://www.marksautosound.com/)
This place does all the Hallets, and I saw some insane work they were doing on a Mercedes owned by an Angel's player.

sigepmock
05-16-2006, 08:49 AM
RD
Sorry my bad I forgot :D
Chris

ROZ
05-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Dave,
I think Darren at Al & Ed's in Ontario has and can do work on the same level as WFS, they just don't do it as often.
Chris
Here's the deal... custom laor takes more time.. you can do many more basic customs in the same time as you do a 15k labor ticket. like 3-5 that will pay right away and get into your installer's pockets in order to pay their bills...Most shops want to do custom with maybe a fiberglas install. getting into custom panels, paint, upholstery, trick wiring that will be shown, 5 amps or more, ading 2 alternators to a chargng system, etc. most shops loose their a s s because they don't know how to quote it.. It's also sticker shock to most customers as well... There's a fine line between getting true custom business at a fair price and raping a customer.
To say Wired is the only shop to do sick stuff in town is wrong. There are others that are equal to if not better, but expect to pay a premium for a guy who will have your car for 6 - 10 months getting it ready for a sq competition...
It's all fluf :D
That's all folks :D

Havasu Hangin'
05-16-2006, 09:03 AM
... custom laor takes more time.. you can do many more basic customs in the same time as you do a 15k labor ticket.
boxscore is a baller.
Him spending $15K on an install is like 6 Dollar Boat buying a Happy Star.
:D

Garrddogg
05-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Chris
Apples and Oranges!!

eman1625
05-16-2006, 09:15 AM
I can speak for Audioshope in Riverside. Just had a amp, sub, and dvd system put in. Sounds great and very clean. I know some other peeps that had work done there and they were both very happy.

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Boxscore,,
Check with Tweeter in Palm Desert. They did the system in my buddys Ultra and it turned out perfect. Their install team is top notch, other than wearing shoes in the boat, everything was perfect.

1Shockwaveguy
05-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Wired for Sound does nice work but so does Al & Ed's in Ontario.....right at the 10 fwy and 15 fwy in the Ontario Mills complex. Darren their installer is top notch, they really do some over the top installs.....
Chris
I agree with you. I know Dallas there and they did a great job on a custom install in my old Excursion. Ask Barbigrl, she has heard it, sounds great and real nice install

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Well then let the pissing contest begin... LOL
I say we take a couple of board members boats out to the ole sandbar.. and see which ones are loudest, and which sticker is on the back of them. 9 outta 10 drinkers agree.. WFS is the shiznit. ;) :D
RD

Cole Trickle
05-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Well then let the pissing contest begin... LOL
I say we take a couple of board members boats out to the ole sandbar.. and see which ones are loudest, and which sticker is on the back of them. 9 outta 10 drinkers agree.. WFS is the shiznit. ;) :D
RD
I will be there and I will put my boat watt for watt/dollars spent against anything out there.
I should be safe since the WFS stuff starts out in the 6 figure range;) :crossx:

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 10:32 AM
I will be there and I will put my boat watt for watt/dollars spent against anything out there.
I should be safe since the WFS stuff starts out in the 6 figure range;) :crossx:
I haven't heard it since the upgrades.. Must've come out pretty good though. ;) :D
I'll put the ole Nordic up against it though and take the pepsi challenge. It's put up some pretty good DB #'s in the past, and I'll bet it still isn't to shabby for a 6 - 7 year old stereo. ;) :D
You going to be out there for Memorial day? I won't have the Nordic, but I'll have an Eliminator with similar setup in it to mine, and the Swanger..
RD

Havasu Hangin'
05-16-2006, 10:35 AM
So I guess Dave wants to put $2K systems up against $20K systems? lol...
Being loud is one thing. Being loud (for a good price) and having any sort of SQ is another.

h2oski2fast
05-16-2006, 10:41 AM
I haven't heard it since the upgrades.. Must've come out pretty good though. ;) :D
I'll put the ole Nordic up against it though and take the pepsi challenge. It's put up some pretty good DB #'s in the past, and I'll bet it still isn't to shabby for a 6 - 7 year old stereo. ;) :D
You going to be out there for Memorial day? I won't have the Nordic, but I'll have an Eliminator with similar setup in it to mine, and the Swanger..
RD
But you've only played 3 songs in it (2 which were for bass heads).... how can that really test a system? :) :) :)

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 10:45 AM
But you've only played 3 songs in it (2 which were for bass heads).... how can that really test a system? :) :) :)
Garth Brooks.. ;) :D
RD

Havasu Hangin'
05-16-2006, 10:46 AM
And those three songs were only the first 20 seconds before he changed it...
:cry:

Cole Trickle
RD
The upgrades haven't come through yet;)
I can't compete DB wise to your 2 L5 12" subs with 1,000 watts since I am only running 1200 total.
Your boat bangs there is no doubt about it but I would compete SQ wise and we only have about $1500.00 invested product wise and our install was free;)
We will be out there memorial but I don't like Pepsi :crossx::D

h2oski2fast
Garth Brooks.. ;) :D
RD
No,
Your favorite: Usher
Then: Obie Trice
And: Neil
LOL

h2oski2fast
05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I can't compete DB wise to your 2 L5 12" subs with 1,000 watts since I am only running 1200 total.
Your boat bangs there is no doubt about it but I would compete SQ wise and we only have about $1500.00 invested product wise and our install was free;)
Yeah, but you have to haul Lance's ass around every now and then. Is it really free? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm running a 1000 to the high's and mids, but I'm pretty sure I'm only running 7 - 800 to the 2 subs.. I wouldn't know since I didn't put it in.. LOL I just push the CD in and go. ;) After a couple cocktails who really cares how "crisp" the SQ is.. I just wanted it to kill fish in the surrounding area and remove panties in the immediate area.
RD

Jbb
05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm running a 1000 to the high's and mids, but I'm pretty sure I'm only running 7 - 800 to the 2 subs.. I wouldn't know since I didn't put it in.. LOL I just push the CD in and go. ;) After a couple cocktails who really cares how "crisp" the SQ is.. I just wanted it to kill fish in the surrounding area and remove panties in the immediate area.
RD
Good answer ...Lil Mr!

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
No,
Your favorite: Usher
Then: Obie Trice
And: Neil
LOL
Feeling Hot Hot Hot.. ;) :D Not sure about no Obie Trice..
Neil gets alot of play though fo shizzle. ;) :D
RD

h2oski2fast
05-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Feeling Hot Hot Hot.. ;) :D Not sure about no Obie Trice..
Neil gets alot of play though fo shizzle. ;) :D
RD
I forgot about Hot Hot Hot (not sure how, though)........ Obie Trice plays "Got Some Teeth" :crossx:

Cole Trickle
05-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah, but you have to haul Lance's ass around every now and then. Is it really free? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
Ouch.... :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
I guess we all pay retail one way or the other;) :p

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 10:57 AM
I forgot about Hot Hot Hot (not sure how, though)........ Obie Trice plays "Got Some Teeth" :crossx:
I don't know the names of most of the songs.. but I swear that one ain't ringin a bell. Why don't ya sing it for me. :D
RD

Cole Trickle
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
RD
After a couple cocktails I don't care whos boat we listen too!!!
<----- likes it when the stereo knocks the womens clothing off :crossx:
Hows Stacey !?!?!?!?!? :crossx: :p

Havasu Hangin'
05-16-2006, 11:03 AM
After a couple cocktails who really cares how "crisp" the SQ is..
So you advocate "drinking and listening"? :idea:

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
After a couple cocktails I don't care whos boat we listen too!!!
<----- likes it when the stereo knocks the womens clothing off :crossx:
Hows Stacey !?!?!?!?!? :crossx: :p
She's still hurtin from her surgery, but recovering quickly. She drove herself to work for the 1st time yesterday so things are looking up. :) You going to be out there for memorial?
RD

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
So you advocate "drinking and listening"? :idea:
As long as it's done responsibly and safely.. Personally I've been doing it for years, and think I can do it better impaired then most on this board can sober.. ;) :D
RD

Cole Trickle
05-16-2006, 11:35 AM
She's still hurtin from her surgery, but recovering quickly. She drove herself to work for the 1st time yesterday so things are looking up. :) You going to be out there for memorial?
RD
Good to hear she is up and about. :)
Onto the important stuff...How do they look :crossx:
You motorboating son of a bitch!!!!
We will be there for Memorial (Friday evening-Monday)
Party/Barbecue at your house? :p

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Good to hear she is up and about. :)
Onto the important stuff...How do they look :crossx:
You motorboating son of a bitch!!!!
We will be there for Memorial (Friday evening-Monday)
Party/Barbecue at your house? :p
The vons down the street is having a MAJOR sale on Tri Tips.. 3.00 a lb! I spent 11 dollars the other night and Fed 4 people with left overs.. I'm loading up today (last day of the sale) for memorial. I'll pick up a couple extra's for you and yours if you want to have a BBQ. :)
RD

Cole Trickle
05-16-2006, 11:44 AM
The vons down the street is having a MAJOR sale on Tri Tips.. 3.00 a lb! I spent 11 dollars the other night and Fed 4 people with left overs.. I'm loading up today (last day of the sale) for memorial. I'll pick up a couple extra's for you and yours if you want to have a BBQ. :)
RD
Sounds good. :rollside:
Saturday night?
Let me know what you want me to bring side/drinks wise and how many people we are feeding :) :crossx:

MagicMtnDan
05-16-2006, 11:44 AM
After a couple cocktails who really cares how "crisp" the SQ is.. I just wanted it to kill fish in the surrounding area and remove panties in the immediate area.
RD
That there is classic RD

WFS ADAM
05-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Chris
WOW a lot of drama. just to say we are all human and we all try to make everyone happy the best we can. so no hard fealings on my part.CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG :) :) :) :)

boxscore
05-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Why did you not call us? I sent you the info. We've already done two FJ Cruisers with exactly what you were looking for, in dash DVD, Nav, etc. We even lifted one. ;)
Called your guy. He said he'd install Kenwood double din Nav. I'm leaning towards Pioneer or Eclipse. That didn't seem to turn him on so much. Had some questions about defeating the Nav and DVD while driving, steering wheel controls, back-up camera. Kinda felt like I was bothering him! Oh well.

WFS ADAM
05-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Called your guy. He said he'd install Kenwood double din Nav. I'm leaning towards Pioneer or Eclipse. That didn't seem to turn him on so much. Had some questions about defeating the Nav and DVD while driving, steering wheel controls, back-up camera. Kinda felt like I was bothering him! Oh well.
CALL ME ADAM951-696-2200

sigepmock
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
WOW a lot of drama. just to say we are all human and we all try to make everyone happy the best we can. so no hard fealings on my part.CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG :) :) :) :)
No hard feelings here, just a little dissapointed SWBob's response. Dave and his guys at Al & Ed's have never said anything but the nicest things about you and your shop Adam. :)
Chris

jbtrailerjim
05-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Call my brother in law Alan @ the Audio Shoppe in Riverside. He's a dealer for Pioneer and Eclipse. He will take care of you. I'll personally make sure of it. (951)787-0550. Don't talk to any of his guy's for prices. Talk to Alan only.

WFS ADAM
05-16-2006, 03:22 PM
No hard feelings here, just a little dissapointed SWBob's response. Dave and his guys at Al & Ed's have never said anything but the nicest things about you and your shop Adam. :)
Chris
thanks same here :) there is 60miles between us and lots of customers out there for all of us, thanks again :) :)

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Call my brother in law Adam @ Wired For Sound in Temecula. He's a dealer for Pioneer and Eclipse & Sony & Kicker & etc... He will take care of you. I'll personally make sure of it. (951)696-2200. Don't talk to any of his guy's for prices. Talk to Adam only.
I couldn't agree with jbtrailerjim more.. ;) :D
River"sometimes I just can't help myself"Dave

jbtrailerjim
05-16-2006, 03:40 PM
I couldn't agree with jbtrailerjim more.. ;) :D
River"sometimes I just can't help myself"Dave
Don't listen to this guy.
BTW....RD SUX ;)

cola
05-16-2006, 05:06 PM
AudiShoppe in riverside and Wired For Soud in corona are the best aound bar none!!!
I've used Allen @ AudioShop in Riverside. No thanks, I had to redo almost everything. :mad:

blown dough
05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
where are u at then i might be able to tell you. someone in Palmdale is awesome!!!!!!!!

Parker
05-17-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't usually post here often, but in this case it directly relates to me. I agree with Adam, there are many miles between us, and many customers that are looking for a variety of products and services. I am just glad to see that we are among the commonly mentioned shops on these boards. We take great pride in what we do, and in the overall satisfaction of our customers.
As far as competition or animosity between stores, I don't believe there is any. The great shops will rise to the top, and push the industry forward. I believe that all shops mentioned here have done an amazing job taking care of their customers, and developing amazing systems, or they wouldn't be mentioned here.
Dave
Al & Ed's Ontario

WFS ADAM
05-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't usually post here often, but in this case it directly relates to me. I agree with Adam, there are many miles between us, and many customers that are looking for a variety of products and services. I am just glad to see that we are among the commonly mentioned shops on these boards. We take great pride in what we do, and in the overall satisfaction of our customers.
As far as competition or animosity between stores, I don't believe there is any. The great shops will rise to the top, and push the industry forward. I believe that all shops mentioned here have done an amazing job taking care of their customers, and developing amazing systems, or they wouldn't be mentioned here.
Dave
Al & Ed's Ontario
I COULD NOT OF SAID IT BETTER :)

RiverDave
05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh, is that the reason I'm in the back? :rolleyes: I'll remember that. ;)
Don't you have to sweep the shop or something? :D
RD

ROZ
05-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Boxscore,,
Check with Tweeter in Palm Desert. They did the system in my buddys Ultra and it turned out perfect. Their install team is top notch, other than wearing shoes in the boat, everything was perfect.
:D