PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Gold Audio Blowout!!!!!

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 09:09 AM
I recently switched from Phoenix Gold separates, subs and amplifiers to Zapco on the Trident Revolution, so I have the inventory that I purchased this year for sale for what I paid for it. This is in most cases about half of retail. All components are from the Phoenix Gold Xenon line of equipment, their highest end gear.
Items for sale:
10) X12D4 12" Xenon Subwoofers. Dual 4 ohm voice coil. 500w/900w (cont./max) MSRP is $299, I am offing them for $125 each. I have four that were installed already that I will sell for $115 each. Super sexy looking with rear caps for mounting backwards. Really well set up for boat use with rubber surrounds and gasket and poly cones. Check them out at http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/xenonspeakers.html
10) X6.5 Pairs of 6.5" component sets. 150/300w (cont./max). Clear sounding and pretty pimp looking. These are loud and will take a pile of power. Have a very cool looking crossover that looks like a little amplifier and will likely find its way into some installations as a visible item. Retail is $399, will sell for $165 a pair. Three pairs were installed and removed, will sell for $150 a pair.
2) Xenon 1200.1 Class D subwoofer amplifier. This is a monoblock amp with high efficiency perfect for boat use. Less amperage draw than a traditional amplifier, this will power four twelves very well. Ohm load is variable from 4 to 1 ohm. Top image on this page... http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/xenonamps.html Retail is $899, will sell for $475
2) Xenon 200.4 This is a four channel, 200 watt per channel amplifier for the separates in the Revolution or can be run with a subwoofer and separates in a different installation. Has a low pass and high pass crossover built in. Retail price is $749, will sell for $390.
These prices are my prices buying in bulk. These are new, warrantied components and in the boxes with exception of one pair of separates. These were my prices after buying in bulk for three boats worth.
I will consider haggling if someone is looking to build a full system and wants a bunch of stuff.
First come, first served. Please PM me if you are interested, I will be checking them all day.

MR HARLEY
12-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Very cool of you Wes :cool:

NOTALENT
12-14-2005, 09:40 AM
What made you decide to switch to ZAPCO...???

Magic34
12-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Yeah, you are selling us your rejects!!
Just kidding Wes, that is a smokin price on some good product.

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 09:45 AM
I am running those amps in my E-ticket and they sound great. I haven't had any problems with them yet either. Another "cool" feature is they have built in variable fans. That should help during the heat of the summer.

NOTALENT
12-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Yup...I love my Phoenix Gold...Got the 6x9's 6 1/2 and 10inch subs...very clean...

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Boutique, smaller brand with amazing clarity, volume and quality. They are the highest quality products on the planet, although much more expensive.
Bottom line is, for production stuff, the PG can't be beat. For the elite audiophile there is really nothing higher than Zapco.
For a price comparison, my price on two of the competition amps we are running of Zapco's is right around $1K each. Separates are nearly $400 each pair my cost.
The stuff is really richter though. That doesn't take anything away from the PG... just that it is the best in the world.

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Bump... wanna move it...

Flashover
12-14-2005, 12:10 PM
I would love a pair of the seperates and the 4ch amp but bad time for me with Christmas and the wife and daughters birthdays are each less than 1 month from now.. :cry: :cry:

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
I would love a pair of the seperates and the 4ch amp but bad time for me with Christmas and the wife and daughters birthdays are each less than 1 month from now.. :cry: :cry:
Get them some stereo equipment...

Flashover
12-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Get them some stereo equipment...
LOL.. just got the wife a new car. I need something for me... :crossx: :crossx:

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM
LOL.. just got the wife a new car. I need something for me... :crossx: :crossx:
Get one an amp, the other new speakers. They won't have anywhere to put them, so you can use them for a while.
Kind of like the time I got Audrey an X-box for Christmas. Who knew she didn't play video games??? :D

Jordy
12-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Kind of like the time I got Audrey an X-box for Christmas. Who knew she didn't play video games??? :D
Kind of like that episode where Homer got Marge a bowling ball with Homer already engraved on it huh??? :D :D :D
Seems to me that ended up leading to trouble in Springfield though. :D

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 03:35 PM
OK, one sub amp, one component amp and two pairs of separates are gone.
So, remaining items are...
10) X12D4 12" Xenon Subwoofers. Dual 4 ohm voice coil. 500w/900w (cont./max) MSRP is $299, will sell for $125 each.
8) X6.5 Pairs of 6.5" component sets. 150/300w (cont./max). Retail is $399, will sell for $165 a pair. Three pairs were installed and removed, will sell for $150 a pair.
1) Xenon 1200.1 Class D subwoofer amplifier. Retail is $899, will sell for $475
1) Xenon 200.4 Retail price is $749, will sell for $390.
Buy now, buy often!!!

blender over
12-14-2005, 05:43 PM
zapco is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!

SBullet
12-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Froggy,
Are both amps still available?

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Froggy,
Last two are still available.
Lots of speakers left here folks. The crossovers alone are reason to get these things. 9 out of 10 times a heated up passive crossover is what kills your tweeters when you are cranking loud. These appear to be and are billed as bombproof, and this price is retarded...

mbrown2
12-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Froggy,
Hmmm...say goodbye to the Hotplates...:)

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 09:12 PM
If only those stupid crossover weren't a one piece. Who the hell thought of that or thought that was a good idea?
I love it! I had all four co-located right next to the amps. They look bitchin and simplified the wiring.
What I thought sucked was having the crossover have to go in your doors in a car installation. Sure, this means more wire, but tweeter wire is thin and cheap, and it gives you a ton of flexibility in the installation in my opinion since they are pretty to look at.

Froggystyle
12-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Well, that makes no sense, even from a Navy man. ;) If you have two crossovers, you can always mount them at the amps and run exactly the same amount of wire. With a single crossover, you're options are pretty limited to mounting location, basically at the amp or some point between equdistant to the speakers and amps.
We're doing an Advantage Party Cat right now with 12 pairs of those speakers. Nothing sucks ass more than having to do twin runs from the amps to every speaker in a 28' boat. And we don't do thin and cheap. ;)
Well, a talented installer ;) could probably make them a feature of the system...
BTW, I meant thin and cheap as opposed to 10 gauge monster cable. I am using 14 gauge cabling that has all four bundled in one... Only one cable going to each set of separates. Hasn't been a problem for me.
Anyway, the crossovers are better than anything I have used before. I usually have to run twin runs anyway because I take out the crossovers and use separate channels for the mids and tweeters and use the electronic crossover to do the dirty work. Usually a big gain in db by doing it that way, and until I found these crossovers, I was grenading them left and right.
But, to each his own.

ROZ
12-14-2005, 10:51 PM
. For the elite audiophile there is really nothing higher than Zapco.
Well now, I wouldn't say that...
http://www.audiocar.pl/forum/download.php/2,223/thesis2.jpg
:D

phebus
12-14-2005, 10:53 PM
That's art, not an amp. :)

ROZ
12-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Is that an Audison Thesis?
Yes it is :cool:
http://www.audiocar.pl/forum/download.php/2,222/thesis1.jpg

ROZ
12-14-2005, 10:59 PM
What's cost on something like that these days. :D
6 Zapcos :D
It's rediculously priced... I think we sell it for 8400.00 or so... It is recognized around the world as one of the best amps available. The old version, the HR100(previous worlds best amp), looks like a red brick compared to this one..
We have it hooked up to a pair of Focal Utopia no. 7 be's (4800.00 pr I think) in our Vegas store...
Carry on, Wes ... :D Zapco is going to rock the heck out of your boat! :cool: It's fantastic sheit and everyone knows it. Perfect for the Revolution!
I can't believe you're giving the PG away! :crossx:

Froggystyle
12-15-2005, 12:07 AM
6 Zapcos :D
It's rediculously priced... I think we sell it for 8400.00 or so... It is recognized around the world as one of the best amps available. The old version, the HR100(previous worlds best amp), looks like a red brick compared to this one..
We have it hooked up to a pair of Focal Utopia no. 7 be's (4800.00 pr I think) in our Vegas store...
Carry on, Wes ... :D Zapco is going to rock the heck out of your boat! :cool: It's fantastic sheit and everyone knows it. Perfect for the Revolution!
I can't believe you're giving the PG away! :crossx:
Ummmm.... That amp is sick.
Great. Now I have a fetish.
Pretty good pricing on that PG stuff though, eh? ;)

ROZ
12-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Ummmm.... That amp is sick.
Heck yea it is...lol.. I wish I can get one :D COST on that thing is more than my credit card limit :D
Great. Now I have a fetish.
You've always had it :D
Pretty good pricing on that PG stuff though, eh? ;)
Absolutely nuts ... lol .... I'm asking a few peeps here if they'd like any of the stuff you're selling :D

JB in so cal
12-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Last two are still available.
Lots of speakers left here folks. The crossovers alone are reason to get these things. 9 out of 10 times a heated up passive crossover is what kills your tweeters when you are cranking loud. These appear to be and are billed as bombproof, and this price is retarded...
You know. I was just telling my wife this very thing over coffee this morning. :cool:

Froggystyle
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
You know. I was just telling my wife this very thing over coffee this morning. :cool:
Pretty normal topic of conversation to be sure. It can actually just slip out sometimes... ;)

ROZ
12-15-2005, 12:34 PM
It can actually just slip out sometimes... ;)
I use that excuse all the time.... she doesn't think it's funny though... :D

Froggystyle
12-15-2005, 02:18 PM
I use that excuse all the time.... she doesn't think it's funny though... :D
OK, joke of the afternoon...
This guy shows up at his gym a little depressed. He is going to play raquetball with his two buddies, one is a psychiatrist and the other is a divorce lawyer. He says to them, while they are waiting to play.. "Guys, I need some advice. I may also need your services while I am at it...
His freinds, concerned ask what this is all about, and he turns to the psychiatrist and says "I think I made one of those Freudian slips over breakfast this morning, and it may cost me a divorce..."
Shocked, he asks "What did you say?"
"Well, what I meant to say was "Honey, pass me the sugar please", but what came out was "Bitch, you've really ****ed up my life!"

Froggystyle
12-15-2005, 03:29 PM
OK, amps and some speakers are gone.
There are 6 sets of components left. Description is in the first post.
There are 6 Subwoofers left.
These are great components at a great price. Life is a garden, dig it!

Rev. Williams
12-15-2005, 04:43 PM
How do the X12D4 12" Xenon Subwoofers compare to the JL's? I still need two replacement subs. I wanted to have all 12 speakers in my ride to be JL, but at this price it could be worth it to have a little something different in there :D

boxscore
12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I can vouch for PG. I've got the 1200 mono and the 200x4. I had a little hiccup with the mono amp, replaced it, now they are fantastic. They will burn up batteries pretty quick though.

Froggystyle
12-16-2005, 09:08 AM
I can vouch for PG. I've got the 1200 mono and the 200x4. I had a little hiccup with the mono amp, replaced it, now they are fantastic. They will burn up batteries pretty quick though.
Well, 2400 watts of anything will go through batteries. The Class "D" monoblocks are actually the most efficient way to save your batteries and still make serious bass.

Froggystyle
12-16-2005, 09:12 AM
How do the X12D4 12" Xenon Subwoofers compare to the JL's? I still need two replacement subs. I wanted to have all 12 speakers in my ride to be JL, but at this price it could be worth it to have a little something different in there :D
There are a bunch of different types of JL's. I would say the PG is right in line with the W6v2, better than the W3's and not as good as the W7's. For my money, the W7 is still the king of the hill. You would need to have a monster amp for each speaker though, and a huge enclosure to fit it in.
I have considered JL heavily as a potential OEM for the Revolution. It would certainly have saved me a lot of money over Zapco, but I felt that the Zapco was a better fit overall.
So, if you were planning on the W7's, I would say stick with them. If you were planning anything else, you aren't going to beat these prices and the PG stuff looks a lot cooler and sounds phenomenal.

jbtrailerjim
12-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Wes,
Did you look into Arc Audio? Zapco is definitely some good stuff, pricey though.

Froggystyle
12-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Wes,
Did you look into Arc Audio? Zapco is definitely some good stuff, pricey though.
Looked into it. Didn't like the components as much as the Zapco. The amps on the Zapco fit a boaters needs a lot better too with a smaller size and better cooling.
One really nice thing about the Zapco as well is that the newest amps that I should get the first items in production next week are called the digital reference series. These allow me to set gains and such via laptop and prevent people from turning the gains up too high and creating distortion which can kill speakers and amps. We will set them for optimal from the factory and they won't be adjustable. Additionally, I can pre-program the laptop so tuning each boat will take about 1 minute.

Rev. Williams
12-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the honest answer Wes.... I was holding out for the W7's, so I think I'll contunue to save my pennies. I have the JL500's for when I get them, so they should hit well.
There are a bunch of different types of JL's. I would say the PG is right in line with the W6v2, better than the W3's and not as good as the W7's. For my money, the W7 is still the king of the hill. You would need to have a monster amp for each speaker though, and a huge enclosure to fit it in.
I have considered JL heavily as a potential OEM for the Revolution. It would certainly have saved me a lot of money over Zapco, but I felt that the Zapco was a better fit overall.
So, if you were planning on the W7's, I would say stick with them. If you were planning anything else, you aren't going to beat these prices and the PG stuff looks a lot cooler and sounds phenomenal.

Phat Matt
12-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the honest answer Wes.... I was holding out for the W7's, so I think I'll contunue to save my pennies. I have the JL500's for when I get them, so they should hit well.
I would run the 1000/1 to push one of those. You are at the minimum with the 500/1. If you are going to stick with those amps you would be better off with the 13W6v2, but that's just my opinion. :)

phebus
12-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I just picked up a 1200.1, and a 200.4 from Wes. I have a 12" JL W7 in a sealed enclosure that I plan on powering with the 1200.1. The W7 hits pretty hard, and unless I had more mids and highs (I have 8- 6x9's), I think with two W7's, it would be pretty bass heavy.

Phat Matt
12-16-2005, 05:16 PM
I just picked up a 1200.1, and a 200.4 from Wes. I have a 12" JL W7 in a sealed enclosure that I plan on powering with the 1200.1. The W7 hits pretty hard, and unless I had more mids and highs (I have 8- 6x9's), I think with two W7's, it would be pretty bass heavy.
You'll like them. I do. :)

RiverDave
12-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Well now, I wouldn't say that...
http://www.audiocar.pl/forum/download.php/2,223/thesis2.jpg
:D
Are aliens invading?
RD

ROZ
12-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Are aliens invading?
RD
Yup, someone's pocket book :D

jbtrailerjim
12-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Looked into it. Didn't like the components as much as the Zapco. The amps on the Zapco fit a boaters needs a lot better too with a smaller size and better cooling.
One really nice thing about the Zapco as well is that the newest amps that I should get the first items in production next week are called the digital reference series. These allow me to set gains and such via laptop and prevent people from turning the gains up too high and creating distortion which can kill speakers and amps. We will set them for optimal from the factory and they won't be adjustable. Additionally, I can pre-program the laptop so tuning each boat will take about 1 minute.
I'm a big fan of Arc Audio. My system in my Ultra is all Arc. It sounds amazing but that is gonna be a absolute killer sounding system in the Revolution.
I'm getting ready to do a new system in my truck. I was real tempted to take one of those PG amps off of your hands but I buy Arc stuff at dealer cost. So I'm sticking with Arc. Some people are getting some smokin deals on that PG gear.

phebus
12-16-2005, 08:09 PM
O.K., Wes explained what I need to do to set up the 1200.1 sub amp, but there is one thing I don't understand. What is the difference of raising the bass boost vs. raising the gain?
Man, there is a lot of tuning opotions on the 1200.1, and the 200.4!!

Phat Matt
12-16-2005, 08:13 PM
No way I'd run a W7 with a 500/1. Those things need at least 1000 watts per, maybe more like 1500.
So my opinion is backed up? :D

Phat Matt
12-16-2005, 08:18 PM
O.K., Wes explained what I need to do to set up the 1200.1 sub amp, but there is one thing I don't understand. What is the difference of raising the bass boost vs. raising the gain?
Man, there is a lot of tuning opotions on the 1200.1, and the 200.4!!
Set your amp with the bass boost at zero. Buy the optional bass knob for when you want to pump it up. It will boost the levels at 45hz.

Phat Matt
12-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Or run the subwoofer output from your head unit to the bass amp and use the head unit's subwoofer level control. Set the amps gains and bass boost with the subwoofer level at 0. That's the way I like to do it, much cleaner.
But it's much more fun to crank the knob.
That doesn't sound right. :2purples:

phebus
12-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Wes volunteered to tune my system for me once I installed everything, but in reality, I don't see the boat getting from Havasu to El Cajon. So, I am really going to be picking some brains on helping me get the system dialed in.
Here is what I will be running:
Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1 to a 12" JL W7 in a a sealed enclosure.
Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 to two pairs of MB Quart 6x9's, and two pair of Eclipse four way 6x9's.
Highpass, lowpass filters, crossovers, etc. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Phat Matt
12-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Wes volunteered to tune my system for me once I installed everything, but in reality, I don't see the boat getting from Havasu to El Cajon. So, I am really going to be picking some brains on helping me get the system dialed in.
Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 to two pairs of MB Quart 6x9's, and two pair of Eclipse four way 6x9's.
I can hook you up when I am in town too. I have done it a few times. :)

Phat Matt
12-16-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm out. I have to go rid the world of drinks. :D

phebus
12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I am running an Alpine head unit. I will be in Havasu this weekend taking out the old amps, but want to build a nice amp rack before the install of the new equiptment. I plan on using the crossovers in the amp, just getting them dialed in is fairly new to me, and of course I want the best sound I can get with what I have to work with, while at the same time setting the gains up to optimize sound, while at the same time keeping the heat down and optimizing battery use.

phebus
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Thank you very much. Wes walked me through it today, but I would be much better off with someone tuning it for me, or, once installed being on a cell phone while someone walked me through it.
I had a Rockford Fosgate 1500bd sub amp, and a Rockford Fosgate 800.4 amp powering it before. It sounded real good, but I decided to upgrade and see how good I could really get it sounding.

phebus
12-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Old setup as I bought the boat, and before I cleaned everything up:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1753Carrera_1204_009-med.jpg

phebus
12-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Oh, and by the way, I will be spamming the Rockford Fosgate stuff when I bring it home this weekend. I just need to figure out what a fair price is. I will sell it fairly cheap, and both amps work fine. I had trouble with the sub amp until I added fans, and then it worked just fine.

Phat Matt
12-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Phat Matt, keeping the world safe from undrunk drinks, one drink at a time. :D
I really tried my best....but they just kept coming. :(
I will try to do better next time.................bartender!!!!!! :)

Beer-30
12-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Phebus, get the bass knob. Trust me, it is so much easier. It seems like every song these days has bass recorded at a different level from one to the next. When you get a high end setup, you really notice the difference. Track one sounds great and then track two will bottom the sub.
With the bass knob, you just dial however much bass you want right there on the spot. If you try to adjust it from the sub output of the deck, you always have to go into that part of the menu and constantly change up and down. The knob just takes a twist up or down. Really nice to have.
http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/images/accessories/amp%20accessories/lpl44.jpg
LPL44
• Provides 20dB of remote bass attenuation
• Assembled 20ft cable with rotary pot, knob and mounting hardware

Froggystyle
12-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I recommended the knob as well...
OK, I just got done with a marathon install session getting the 4) 12's into the interior. Just plugged it in, and it freakin thunders...
Now we have some rattles to attend to. Who knew that the metal latches would sound like a damn freight train when the bass starts getting after it...

mbrown2
12-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Nice system...that is what I run the in Malibu
200.4 to 3 pairs of MB Quart Seps..
200.4 to 1 pair of NVS 1010's
600.1 to 1 JLW6 12...soon to be upgraded to 1200.1 to 1 JLW7 13.6
Good luck with the upgraded and retire those Hotplates to your duty as your outdoor bbq skillet's...

phebus
12-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Phebus, get the bass knob. Trust me, it is so much easier. It seems like every song these days has bass recorded at a different level from one to the next. When you get a high end setup, you really notice the difference. Track one sounds great and then track two will bottom the sub.
With the bass knob, you just dial however much bass you want right there on the spot. If you try to adjust it from the sub output of the deck, you always have to go into that part of the menu and constantly change up and down. The knob just takes a twist up or down. Really nice to have.
http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/images/accessories/amp%20accessories/lpl44.jpg
LPL44
• Provides 20dB of remote bass attenuation
• Assembled 20ft cable with rotary pot, knob and mounting hardware
When you use the bass control knob, does it override the bass boost adjustment on the amp itself? I understand the crossovers and gains, but I'm unsure what to set the bass boost on the amp itself to.

phebus
12-17-2005, 05:30 PM
So, what your saying is that you would turn the boost knob on the amp all the way down, and defeat any boost?
It states in the manual about how much extra power draw there is when you turn it up. To me that means just more heat an less play time.

phebus
12-17-2005, 05:40 PM
When I get the new system installed, I'm going to have to hook up with you or Phat Matt, and bribe you with drinks to help me dial it in. :D

phebus
12-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Also, it has bass boost on the mono amp, as well as the four channel.

Beer-30
12-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Also, it has bass boost on the mono amp, as well as the four channel.
You don't want that on. I don't even know why they insist on putting it on there anymore. Same as loudness on your deck. That was fine back in the day, but all equipment has come leaps and bounds. Bass boost will shred things that you don't want shreded. And it won't sound good while it does the shredding.

phebus
12-17-2005, 05:55 PM
While everone is at it, any suggestions for starting points for the low pass settings and high pass settings on both the sub amp, and four channel?

Beer-30
12-17-2005, 05:57 PM
While everone is at it, any suggestions for starting points for the low pass settings and high pass settings on both the sub amp, and four channel?
60 to 80, somewhere in there for the low.
I have my high at 120, and it seems to keep the Eclipse 6x9s from full excursion.

phebus
12-17-2005, 06:01 PM
That is exactly wher I had the crossovers on my RF's set, but the Phoenix Gold amps have both HP, and LP crossovers on each amp.

phebus
12-17-2005, 06:03 PM
For example, on the sub amp, if I set the low crossover at 80, what would I set the high crossover to? And conversely what about the four channel amp?
Thanks guys

phebus
12-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks SWB, I just read your post after typing my last question and posting it.

phebus
12-18-2005, 07:38 PM
One more question. The subsonic filter. What should I have it set at?

Froggystyle
12-19-2005, 10:12 AM
OK, Phebus is taken care of, I don't know what happenned to Bob, but he no-showed on Saturday and I don't have a name or phone number to get a hold of him with.
Lots of speakers left here... maybe a couple of amps too.
Paging Bob... drop me a line so I know how to get you the gear!

Froggystyle
12-19-2005, 10:13 AM
One more question. The subsonic filter. What should I have it set at?
I set it a little below 40, but above 30.

Froggystyle
12-19-2005, 01:32 PM
OK Bob... fair warning... Please give me a call before 5:00 or I am going to assume something happened and you don't want the stuff.
I have others who want to pull the trigger, but I will hold on a little longer for you...

MR HARLEY
12-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I saw the equipment Saturday , top notch audio . :) , a steal at those prices.

LHC30Victory
12-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey Froggy, any help with this:
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100392

Froggystyle
12-19-2005, 02:51 PM
I saw the equipment Saturday , top notch audio . :) , a steal at those prices.
Funny that those are what is coming out eh???
What did you think of the Zapco's?

MR HARLEY
12-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Funny that those are what is coming out eh???
What did you think of the Zapco's?
Its actually funny that you are taking that high line out , but after seeing the Zapco Line I can see why , outstanding audio with the way that its built, the mid's and componets you showed me were an incredible design. Thanks for sharing!

phebus
12-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey Phat Matt, are you running dual 4 ga. wires to your amps? The manual says one should be sufficient, but for special circumstances, two might be of benefit.
I'm going to run two, because the cost of the wire from the distribution blocks is next to nothing, but I was just curious what you have since I hear your system kicks.

Phat Matt
12-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey Phat Matt, are you running dual 4 ga. wires to your amps? The manual says one should be sufficient, but for special circumstances, two might be of benefit.
I'm going to run two, because the cost of the wire from the distribution blocks is next to nothing, but I was just curious what you have since I hear your system kicks.
I don't remember. The thicker the better though.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01054.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01050.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01052.JPG

Froggystyle
12-19-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't remember. The thicker the better though.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01052.JPG
I remember when they used to put wood in boats... ;)

phebus
12-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Run a piece of 1/0 gauge from the battery to a distribution block located near the amp and then run dual 4 gauge from the dist block to each amp. You'll need a dist block that can handle 1/0 in and has four 4ga outputs. I'd do the same for ground.
I'm going to need new distribution blocks. Any reccomendations, or are they all basically the same?

Froggystyle
12-19-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm going to need new distribution blocks. Any reccomendations, or are they all basically the same?
They are all the same. Use the cheapest ones that will do the job.

phebus
12-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Run a piece of 1/0 gauge from the battery to a distribution block located near the amp and then run dual 4 gauge from the dist block to each amp. You'll need a dist block that can handle 1/0 in and has four 4ga outputs. I'd do the same for ground.
Having trouble finding a dist. block that has a 1/0 input, with 4-4ga. outputs.

Beer-30
12-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Phoenix Gold TXBB2 - Phoenix Gold 0 to 4 Awg Fused Distribution Block
http://www.woofersetc.com/images/products/2778.jpg

ROZ
12-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Having trouble finding a dist. block that has a 1/0 input, with 4-4ga. outputs.
Phebus... Use the Streetwires cbr44a
It accepts 1/0 and has 4 4ga ground AND 4 4ga fuesd power.. All in one, man...
http://images.cardomain.net/products/str/STRCBR44A.jpg

shadow
12-20-2005, 06:28 AM
I recently switched from Phoenix Gold separates, subs and amplifiers to Zapco on the Trident Revolution, so I have the inventory that I purchased this year for sale for what I paid for it. This is in most cases about half of retail. All components are from the Phoenix Gold Xenon line of equipment, their highest end gear.
Items for sale:
10) X12D4 12" Xenon Subwoofers. Dual 4 ohm voice coil. 500w/900w (cont./max) MSRP is $299, I am offing them for $125 each. I have four that were installed already that I will sell for $115 each. Super sexy looking with rear caps for mounting backwards. Really well set up for boat use with rubber surrounds and gasket and poly cones. Check them out at http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/xenonspeakers.html
10) X6.5 Pairs of 6.5" component sets. 150/300w (cont./max). Clear sounding and pretty pimp looking. These are loud and will take a pile of power. Have a very cool looking crossover that looks like a little amplifier and will likely find its way into some installations as a visible item. Retail is $399, will sell for $165 a pair. Three pairs were installed and removed, will sell for $150 a pair.
2) Xenon 1200.1 Class D subwoofer amplifier. This is a monoblock amp with high efficiency perfect for boat use. Less amperage draw than a traditional amplifier, this will power four twelves very well. Ohm load is variable from 4 to 1 ohm. Top image on this page... http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/xenonamps.html Retail is $899, will sell for $475
2) Xenon 200.4 This is a four channel, 200 watt per channel amplifier for the separates in the Revolution or can be run with a subwoofer and separates in a different installation. Has a low pass and high pass crossover built in. Retail price is $749, will sell for $390.
These prices are my prices buying in bulk. These are new, warrantied components and in the boxes with exception of one pair of separates. These were my prices after buying in bulk for three boats worth.
I will consider haggling if someone is looking to build a full system and wants a bunch of stuff.
First come, first served. Please PM me if you are interested, I will be checking them all day.
Wes, I'll give you $100.00 bucks per Pair. 3 pairs of 6 1/2's.Don't care if they've been opened or installed as long as they are in new cond.

Froggystyle
12-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Wes, I'll give you $100.00 bucks per Pair. 3 pairs of 6 1/2's.Don't care if they've been opened or installed as long as they are in new cond.
Thanks for the offer but I am sticking to the pricing on these. This is a great price for a warrantied item.
$150/set for the pre-installed ones, $165 in the box.
I actually paid a bit more for these when you include shipping.

Froggystyle
12-20-2005, 08:15 AM
This is like saying all boats are the same because they float.
While there may be no audible benefit to using a more expensive product, there are benefits. Cheap distribution blocks will tend to oxidize and/or rust in a boat environment. Also, the hardware used on cheap blocks is usually very poor quality. There's really nothing worse than torque down the set screw on a distribution block, only to have the set screw strip or break.
Phebus, I would suggest buying something of good quality that won't break the bank. Stinger is a brand that's readily available and can be had at a decent price. I buy all my Stinger off eBay from a guy named bag-boy:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZbagQ2dboy
Excellent prices, very fair shipping, everything is always IN STOCK and he ships the same or the next day. Very good eBayer. I've bought hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from him and I've yet to be disappointed with his service.
Like I said, the cheap ones. PG makes a big distribution block, so does everyone. Get a Streetwires/Stinger/Esoteric/whatever cheapy that will do the job. Most likely, anthing you find in an audio store will be overpriced and will do the job.
I am having the best luck with these...
http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=CQ3422P
$19 bucks... done deal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-Gold-Dual-ANL-0-4-AWG-Gauge-Distribution-Block_W0QQitemZ5843326004QQcategoryZ50550QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem
$23.50
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sound-Quest-0-4-Gauge-Power-Ground-Distribution-Block_W0QQitemZ5843356012QQcategoryZ50550QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem
$12.00
You get the picture...

ROZ
12-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Those are 1 in 2 out... plus you have to purchase 2.. one for power one for ground. So that's about 45 - 50.00...
The streetwires model can be had for 50.00- 60.00 and is a single footprint.
I've used it many times... It works very well.. Also, I prefer the AGU fuses.. much easier to find when needed....

JB in so cal
12-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Ford or Chevy?

ROZ
12-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Toyota twin turbo supra

Froggystyle
12-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Those are 1 in 2 out... plus you have to purchase 2.. one for power one for ground. So that's about 45 - 50.00...
I've used it many times... It works very well.. Also, I prefer the AGU fuses.. much easier to find when needed....
When in doubt... do what Roz says. Or Bob. Both bury me from a retail install standpoint.

rivercrazy
12-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Bass boost circuits on amplifiers are NOT for audiophiles....Coloring sound from the original recording and most of the time is required for systems that are not up to snuff.......IMHO

Froggystyle
12-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Bass boost circuits on amplifiers are NOT for audiophiles....Coloring sound from the original recording and most of the time is required for systems that are not up to snuff.......IMHO
Or, audiophiles that like more bass.
au·di·o·phile (ôd--fl)
NOUN:
A person having an ardent interest in stereo or high-fidelity sound reproduction.
Flat response does not mean "audiophile". I have many freinds that have SQ systems that sound like garbage once you play hard rock and rap the way the producers intended it to sound. I have personally sat in a recording studio while musicians are overdriving bass frequencies and importing Roland 808 tracks to deepen the bottom end.
Froggy"audiophilewholikesmorebass"style ;)

ROZ
12-20-2005, 12:31 PM
When in doubt... do what Roz says. Or Bob. Both bury me from a retail install standpoint.
I widdled my last dist blocks out of pure silver :D

phebus
12-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Billet silver.......saweeeet.
Someone will copy it, there is no such thing as one off..........

ROZ
12-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Billet silver.......saweeeet.
Someone will copy it, there is no such thing as one off..........
Thank god I didn't post any pics of it :D

rivercrazy
12-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Opinions Vary....
With decent subs, a relatively powerful amp, and a well built/designed sub enclosure, bass boost shouldn't be necessary. Again IMHO
Or, audiophiles that like more bass.
au·di·o·phile (ôd--fl)
NOUN:
A person having an ardent interest in stereo or high-fidelity sound reproduction.
Flat response does not mean "audiophile". I have many freinds that have SQ systems that sound like garbage once you play hard rock and rap the way the producers intended it to sound. I have personally sat in a recording studio while musicians are overdriving bass frequencies and importing Roland 808 tracks to deepen the bottom end.
Froggy"audiophilewholikesmorebass"style ;)

Froggystyle
12-20-2005, 07:21 PM
For the record, there is no bass boost knob in the Revolution.
It is set properly. What I DO like it for is turning the bass down quickly when the man rolls up. Or, turning it down to save batteries.
Either way, I don't like getting too far out of flat, but I don't like the sound of "audiophile" systems much either. I like a properly set up system that is decidedly bass corrected if need be... ;)

Froggystyle
12-21-2005, 02:27 PM
OK, the all of the amps are gone, as well as quite a large number of the speakers.
Step up quickly if you want gear!!!

Beer-30
12-21-2005, 03:24 PM
For the record, there is no bass boost knob in the Revolution.
It is set properly. What I DO like it for is turning the bass down quickly when the man rolls up. Or, turning it down to save batteries.
Either way, I don't like getting too far out of flat, but I don't like the sound of "audiophile" systems much either. I like a properly set up system that is decidedly bass corrected if need be... ;)
For the record, you are partially correct. Sure, a properly set-up system should not need bassboost, an equalizer, or any other external adjustment. All deck settings should be able to be "flat" and it sound great.
However, this day and age, there is still no guarantee what type of media you are going to get. Some old school stuff is recorded -5db. Some is zero. Some others still, are +5. Old school rock doesn't have much bass punch, and usually needs a little "help", regardless of the system quality. Some late model hip-hop-dance is a little bass heavy - regardless of the system quality.
Just having a bass knob doesn't mean the system isn't top notch, it is just nice to be able to adjust it on the fly.
Additionally, not all of our ears are the same. You may set up an Evolution to your exact standards and, to you, it rocks. Someone may buy that same boat that has a hearing impairment on the high or low end, and need to adjust it to his/her liking. No 1 setup will be perfect for all listeners.
So, you're right, if setup properly, it shouldn't need any help. But if a song needs help, it's nice to have it.

phebus
12-22-2005, 04:04 PM
The only problem is the PG 1200.1 calls for a 100a fuse, and the max AGU fuse you can get for it is 80a. The maxi fuses also max at 80a, so the only option would be the AFS fuses. This is from the Streetwire website. I will look elsewhere to see if AGU and maxi fuses are available at higher amp ratings elsewhere.

Beer-30
12-22-2005, 11:53 PM
The only problem is the PG 1200.1 calls for a 100a fuse, and the max AGU fuse you can get for it is 80a. The maxi fuses also max at 80a, so the only option would be the AFS fuses. This is from the Streetwire website. I will look elsewhere to see if AGU and maxi fuses are available at higher amp ratings elsewhere.
I doubt you will pull the full 100 amps through it for long. Maybe on a hard hit or two, but you would have to be absolutely railing on it.
They make some nice breakers that would be better. You could just put a buss-bar in the fuse area and run a breaker or two. I'll see if I can locate a site.