PDA

View Full Version : Job Market In Havasu????

GHT
12-14-2005, 03:34 PM
What is the market like for construction?
Division Mgr.
P.M.
Super
Estimat.....??????
Maybe a relocation in the future... :rolleyes:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Division Mgr.
P.M.
Super
Estimat.....??????
say it aint so

GHT
12-14-2005, 03:39 PM
We'll see..?? The Rat Race here is just wearing me down. Been with the same company for 7 yrs.... I don't want to go but money isn't everything... :cool:

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Division Mgr.
P.M.
Super
Estimat.....??????
to riverroyal,we sound like the same guy,,,,16 years of construction in socal and IM dying

GHT
12-14-2005, 03:49 PM
to riverroyal,we sound like the same guy,,,,16 years of construction in socal and IM dying
Hey don't highjack my thread... Start your own...
J/K
:D :D :D

HOOTER SLED-
12-14-2005, 03:49 PM
See Summitkarl

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey don't highjack my thread... Start your own...
J/K
:D :D :D
I did look though,about a year ago.My uncle has had a successful iron working shop for 12 years there,I was considering move,working with him then he wants to retire soon,so kinda take it over.Theres no NORDSTOM in havasu,my wife would go silly

GHT
12-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I did look though,about a year ago.My uncle has had a successful iron working shop for 12 years there,I was considering move,working with him then he wants to retire soon,so kinda take it over.Theres no NORDSTOM in havasu,my wife would go silly
Vegas 2.5 hours away... :D :D :D . Nice weekend get away...

OGShocker
12-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Theres no NORDSTOM in havasu,my wife would go silly
HOLY S**T. That right there is funny! :D

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 03:59 PM
HOLY S**T. That right there is funny! :D
next to west marine has helped a bunch,she is there everytime we go.Ive made serious thought to move there,my wife really thinks she would be very bored,and I think she is right.She is a south OC native,and im a north san diego native,I think we would be burned out after 3 years.

Mardonzi
12-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Just do what I do,,, live the high life in Paradise (for me, I live 1/2 mile from Lake Powell) and do the long distance commute thing. I'm a PM/ PS for a 100+ mill a year company out of Phoenix. Works well for me!!

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Just do what I do,,, live the high life in Paradise (for me, I live 1/2 mile from Lake Powell) and do the long distance commute thing. I'm a PM/ PS for a 100+ mill a year company out of Phoenix. Works well for me!!
We maybe heading Phoenix way next year

GHT
12-14-2005, 04:06 PM
See Summitkarl
Thanks Hootersled... I'll see if he jumps on this thread otherwise I'll P.M. him.

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks Hootersled... I'll see if he jumps on this thread otherwise I'll P.M. him.
one I would talk with also.Theres room for more Const guys there,just expect a pay cut,it doesnt cost as much to live so that may not be a factor.Ive heard its a much better quailty of life living there,which you cant put a price on

atomickitn
12-14-2005, 04:13 PM
pay scale is alot different ,not what your used to making but if you can hang with that then you will be ok there are lots of jobs in the const field, look at (havasunews.com) :boxed:

GHT
12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
pay scale is alot different ,not what your used to making but if you can hang with that then you will be ok there are lots of jobs in the const field, look at (havasunews.com) :boxed:
Thank atomickitn. I don't expect to make close to what I make in Vegas. Therefore I feel like someone MAY get a smokin' deal on a model employee. I will look at havasunews.com but I was thinking someone may know of an employer looking....

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Thank atomickitn. I don't expect to make close to what I make in Vegas. Therefore I feel like someone MAY get a smokin' deal on a model employee. I will look at havasunews.com but I was thinking someone may know of an employer looking....
of const in havasu,just showing up makes you a model.

2Driver
12-14-2005, 05:05 PM
next to west marine has helped a bunch,she is there everytime we go.Ive made serious thought to move there,my wife really thinks she would be very bored,and I think she is right.She is a south OC native,and im a north san diego native,I think we would be burned out after 3 years.
The schools don't turn out too many Einsteins either. Were not going back until the 4 year old is in college..... if at all. I guess my early retirement is in Carefree for now

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 05:07 PM
The schools don't turn out too many Einsteins either. Were not going back until the 4 year old is in college..... if at all. I guess my early retirement is in Carefree for now
another concern,my 5 and 8 year old have a great school know,its always sumthing

2Driver
12-14-2005, 05:11 PM
another concern,my 5 and 8 year old have a great school know,its always sumthing
You 're one funny dude.

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 05:51 PM
GHT lets talk. we met a Dia's house
I am currently seeking
ALL Trades for a new construction company comprised of as many Hot Boat members as possible
Plumber
Drywall
Framer
concrete
Mason
Tile
painter
Stucco/lath
Finish Carpenter
Roofer
Electrician

atomickitn
12-14-2005, 05:58 PM
I am currently seeking
ALL Trades for a new construction company comprised of as many Hot Boat members as possible
Plumber
Drywall
Framer
concrete
Mason
Tile
painter
Stucco/lath
Finish Carpenter
Roofer
Electrician
i think he wants you to do it all..... cool i get help! :idea:

OutCole'd
12-14-2005, 05:59 PM
I am currently seeking
Plumber
Drywall
Framer
concrete
Mason
Tile
painter
Stucco/lath
Finish Carpenter
Roofer
Electrician
What about trim supplier??

phebus
12-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Got anything for a fireman with a bad back that's moving there? :cry:

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 06:13 PM
need that too...... ALL material suppliers
I want to start this company from scratch, and not rely on my current Subs at all....looking for those that will also cater to the Bullhead Fort Mohave areas

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Michele sugest we put you in the complaint dept :crossx: :)

phebus
12-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Michele sugest we put you in the complaint dept :crossx: :)
I don't like your attitude mister.
Ooops, maybe I'm not qualified. Actually, I can tell the best of them to fock off with a smile on my face. :rollside:

Kilrtoy
12-14-2005, 06:24 PM
What about an assistant or secretary

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 06:26 PM
What about an assistant or secretary
pot stirrer :mad: :)

mike37
12-14-2005, 06:29 PM
its to dam hot to work in havasu dont know how you guys do it

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 06:34 PM
its to dam hot to work in havasu dont know how you guys do it
the subs start at 4-5am done by Noon, drunk by 12:30 :hammer2:

phebus
12-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Wow, that sounds like the Twilight Zone. :)

Kilrtoy
12-14-2005, 06:42 PM
No Im serious KARL and she is hot

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-14-2005, 06:43 PM
MMMMMMM

GHT
12-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Thought about keeping my job in Vegas and commuting but 160 miles each way would get old... Eventhough I have XM Radio... Right now I'm running 30 mill a year and I already have that on the books for the next two (2) years.. We still have new deals coming at us all the time....

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Thier is now way I would get anything done but get in trouble with your wife around.........I can't be trusted :crossx: :rollside: :)

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Or quality control manager???Pack my bags tonite

mike37
12-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I herd they are drunk all the time
bet its good working weather this time of year
I would love to live in havasu but that dam summer heat would kill me if I had to work in it

GHT
12-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Same as in Vegas...

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 07:02 PM
I herd they are drunk all the time
bet its good working weather this time of year
I would love to live in havasu but that dam summer heat would kill me if I had to work in it
normally just the framing crews after lunch, unfortunatly it's something you have to deal with unless you can afford your own crew
once the homes are to "roof & shear" it's actually ok temp wise, but yea there are just days you don't risk putting people on the job, some guys have their own portable chillers, makes it nice

Mandelon
12-14-2005, 07:03 PM
I am currently seeking
Plumber
Drywall
Framer
concrete
Mason
Tile
painter
Stucco/lath
Finish Carpenter
Roofer
Electrician
I do all those. :cool:

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 07:05 PM
you would be very busy with the Subs out here :rolleyes:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
hay thats my job

atomickitn
normally just the framing crews after lunch, unfortunatly it's something you have to deal with unless you can afford your own crew
once the homes are to "roof & shear" it's actually ok temp wise, but yea there are just days you don't risk putting people on the job, some guys have their own portable chillers, makes it nice
pussy's! :rollside:

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 07:06 PM
I do all those. :cool:
got a AZ lic.?

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 07:07 PM
pussy's! :rollside:
I am sooooo saving this for July :rolleyes: :)

atomickitn
12-14-2005, 07:08 PM
july what about aug or sept...its africa hot :rollside:

Mandelon
12-14-2005, 07:10 PM
got a AZ lic.?
Not yet, but its on my list of things to do. Do you know if AZ reciprocates? I think they do on trade but not biz portion of the test?

atomickitn
12-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Not yet, but its on my list of things to do. Do you know if AZ reciprocates? I think they do on trade but not biz portion of the test?
nope you have to take the whole thing. both! :yuk:

Ion
12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
...it doesnt cost as much to live so that may not be a factor.Ive heard its a much better quailty of life living there,which you cant put a price on
During the hot months, I pay $300.00+ electric bills and $150+ water bills. Because of our isolated location, most all goods (groceries, furniture, etc) cost more than most cities, not to speak of the rapid rate of decline of all things rubber (tires, auto parts, etc) and auto & boat batteries. When you factor all that in, the cost of living here is not as inexpensive as you might think.
Re: quality of life...depends on one's definition. If you mean no stress-induced stiff necks or headaches from sitting in rush-hour traffic, dealing with road-raged a-holes and very little fear of being mugged or burglarized, then yes...Havasu rules. It also rules with great boating and off-roading right in your backyard. But...no culture, subpar schools, no shopping for the girls and unless you bring a peer group with you, it's tough to break into a worthwhile clique, one that does not refer to their wife or husband as "old lady" or "old man" and are not alcoholics or tweakers.

GHT
12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
During the hot months, I pay $300.00+ electric bills and $150+ water bills. Because of our isolated location, most all goods (groceries, furniture, etc) cost more than most cities, not to speak of the rapid rate of decline of all things rubber (tires, auto parts, etc) and auto & boat batteries. When you factor all that in, the cost of living here is not as inexpensive as you might think.
Re: quality of life...depends on one's definition. If you mean no stress-induced stiff necks or headaches from sitting in rush-hour traffic, dealing with road-raged a-holes and very little fear of being mugged or burglarized, then yes...Havasu rules. It also rules with great boating and off-roading right in your backyard. But...no culture, subpar schools, no shopping for the girls and unless you bring a peer group with you, it's tough to break into a worthwhile clique, one that does not refer to their wife or husband as "old lady" or "old man" and are not alcoholics or tweakers.
Power cost and other items listed above are a standard problem in Vegas as well. The schools suck here to this is why I have my boy in Private. Therefore, Havasu seems like a much better place than Vegas.. :rollside:

Havasu1986
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I am currently seeking
Plumber
Drywall
Framer
concrete
Mason
Tile
painter
Stucco/lath
Finish Carpenter
Roofer
Electrician
How a fire sprinkler installer

OutCole'd
12-14-2005, 07:42 PM
need that too...... ALL material suppliers
I want to start this company from scratch, and not rely on my current Subs at all....looking for those that will also cater to the Bullhead Fort Mohave areas
http://www.smnv.net/

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 07:44 PM
You need somebody to market your biz. :)

Brian
12-14-2005, 08:04 PM
I guess my early retirement is in Carefree for now
Well now that doesn't exactly suck now does it!
:wink:

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 08:08 PM
http://www.smnv.net/
Thanks looks like nice product, I book marked the site, do you get commision?

OutCole'd
12-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Well sort of....... :)

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 08:11 PM
:D

SummitKarl
12-14-2005, 08:11 PM
understood!!!
either top or bottom of the chain :)

canuck1
12-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I am currently seeking
Plumber
Drywall
Framer
concrete
Mason
Tile
painter
Stucco/lath
Finish Carpenter
Roofer
Electrician
I can fill all those holes for you. Do you cover travel time?

Mardonzi
12-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Thought about keeping my job in Vegas and commuting but 160 miles each way would get old... Eventhough I have XM Radio... Right now I'm running 30 mill a year and I already have that on the books for the next two (2) years.. We still have new deals coming at us all the time....
The company I work for is based out of Phoenix, but the projects are scattered al over Northern AZ. If the commute is less than 100 miles, I'll usually drive it every other day. Anything over that and I'm out of town for 4 days.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-15-2005, 09:54 AM
That right there is funny. OC, you get commision at all? I bet you get more headaches! LMAO

JB in so cal
12-15-2005, 09:56 AM
A Pimp?
Keep your pimp hand strong, brutha!

riverroyal
12-15-2005, 09:57 AM
A Pimp?
Keep your pimp hand strong, brutha!
he bring product with him last summer,his wife wasnt there

JB in so cal
12-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey, cupcake.
You had quite the busy day in here yesterday:
Your Rhino will fit the truck
Got some job options in Havasu
How you gonna top it, today?

OutCole'd
12-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Keep it up & i'll hit you in the head with 6' of mdf crown..... :D

riverroyal
12-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Keep it up & i'll hit you in the head with 6' of mdf crown..... :D
it after you hit me,it would look good in my bathroom

riverroyal
12-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey, cupcake.
You had quite the busy day in here yesterday:
Your Rhino will fit the truck
Got some job options in Havasu
How you gonna top it, today?
im heading out for blood work soon,,,then errands.... my old boss just called,nice newer F250 with my name on it if I get back soon,,,tempting

JB in so cal
12-15-2005, 10:22 AM
im heading out for blood work soon,,,then errands.... my old boss just called,nice newer F250 with my name on it if I get back soon,,,tempting
...soooooooooo you'd get a wireless for your HB fix?

riverroyal
12-15-2005, 10:23 AM
...soooooooooo you'd get a wireless for your HB fix?
Id kick this bad habit,just like my other ones from the past,,,well maybe

2Driver
12-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Well now that doesn't exactly suck now does it!
:wink:
Your right, got a lot to be thankful for. Called it quits 1 1/2 ago and not bored yet. Too much on the list to do in the next 45 years ( hopefuly)
Cool Avatar by the way....

ROZ
12-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Definitely need a lowvoltage guy to do all your prewire and a/v system. :D

JB in so cal
12-15-2005, 11:09 AM
I could tell you're a low voltage guy.

riverroyal
12-15-2005, 11:11 AM
I could tell you're a low voltage guy.
hey,I got my HB last night,whens lunch?

JB in so cal
12-15-2005, 11:12 AM
hey,I got my HB last night,whens lunch?
you want a signed copy??

riverroyal
12-15-2005, 11:13 AM
you want a signed copy??
just a slice of pizza

2Driver
12-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Was that directed to me? Never did get the system we spoke about from Showcase. Somehow it creeped up to $7K+ after it was all said and done. Still need to do something.

blackcloud75
12-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Cold....silver....frothy....12 oz. hammer (specially made in Colorado)

ROZ
12-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Was that directed to me? Never did get the system we spoke about from Showcase. Somehow it creeped up to $7K+ after it was all said and done. Still need to do something.
Nope... Not at all directed at you...lol
I was just saying that they may be able to use an independent A/V installer out there :)

ROZ
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
you want a signed copy??
Are you in the new issue?

JB in so cal
12-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Are you in the new issue?
...sort of. I'm actually the one that made the water in Elsinore so mucky and green. Accident, really. But one I look back on with fondness.

2Driver
12-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Nope... Not at all directed at you...lol
I was just saying that they may be able to use an independent A/V installer out there :)
I thought you were offering me a smoking deal. As far as out here (AZ) for installers/sales I am sure things are going nuts. Housing is crazy, lots of new and exisitng sales spawning tons or remodels and home upgrades. No shortage of money and people willing to spend it over here. The guy at Showcase said he completed a sale of a 10 unit plasma install in a local home :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
12-15-2005, 02:13 PM
That right there is funny. OC, you get commision at all?
Actually I am on 100% commision. No sales = No Pay.....