PDA

View Full Version : Im adding some stuff,any suggestions?

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Im want add some audio stuff to the boat.I have two 12in subs,six 6X9s,two JL amps,all speakers are JL.I have 2 batteries.Im thinking of adding 2 more subs below or under the front seats,10s or 12s,then I would like to add speakers near front of the boat,being a deck,I was thinking way up front,on the area you enter from.Also wanting to add 2 more near the driver and passenger area.Then I would like to get the front remote.....so my question is,should i use a generator?Can i just leave 2 batteries then?How many more amps will I be needing?Then,where should I have this work done?The boats in havasu,so that would be easy,but I could use wired for sound in Temecula,bad thing on that is how would they quote me without towing the boat 250 miles.Then should I buy all the stuff on my own then take it to the installer,or buy it all from the shop that does the work?Any idea would help,this is something I would like to get done before March,,,

phebus
12-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Talk to Frank at Car Toyz in Havasu. He does nice work, and won't try to sell you something you don't need.

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Talk to Frank at Car Toyz in Havasu. He does nice work, and won't try to sell you something you don't need.
thats was my havasu option,Ive heard good stuff about him

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 05:04 PM
There is no doubt you can buy the stuff cheaper on the net. I think that kind of tweaks some of the stereo shop owners though and might hit you up for more money on the install. I could be wrong though.
As for the batteries, it really depends on what stuff you add in and how many amps you are going to be drawing. I went with the genny set up cuz I am pulling a lot and only use one battery for the stereo. It is working out great for me.

Cole Trickle
12-14-2005, 05:08 PM
There is no doubt you can buy the stuff cheaper on the net. I think that kind of tweaks some of the stereo shop owners though and might hit you up for more money on the install. I could be wrong though.
As for the batteries, it really depends on what stuff you add in and how many amps you are going to be drawing. I went with the genny set up cuz I am pulling a lot and only use one battery for the stereo. It is working out great for me.
Do you have your genny plumbed off the boats gas tank or do you take a container and refill?
I am pretty sure the honda generator will only run for 4 hours on a full tank and I am usually out at the sandbar for longer periods of time.

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 05:10 PM
buying from the installer always works better, I think,if theres a issue they will handle it.So you run all stereo stuff off one battery with a gen to keep that one battery charged.Where does the gen exhaust go?

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Do you have your genny plumbed off the boats gas tank or do you take a container and refill?
I am pretty sure the honda generator will only run for 4 hours on a full tank and I am usually out at the sandbar for longer periods of time.
another question

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 05:14 PM
I carry a little 2 gallon gas tank.

MayDaze
12-14-2005, 05:25 PM
I 2nd what Phebus said..

Cole Trickle
12-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I carry a little 2 gallon gas tank.
Gotcha....
I was checking out badass38chevys Lavey deck and he dosen't really have a good place to store gas so he added 2 Odysseys and plays 4 hours off the genny/Iota set-up and 4 off the batteries.
Thanks for the info I hope to check out your boat/stereo one of these days in person!!!(Turned out bitchin and moved E-Ticket to the top of my list for the next family hauler)
Brandin

riverroyal
12-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Why don't you give me a call sometime, I'll PM you my direct number.
I would like to get a approx price on this kinda work,plus time frame.Is this possible without towing my boat here just for a quote?

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Gotcha....
I was checking out badass38chevys Lavey deck and he dosen't really have a good place to store gas so he added 2 Odysseys and plays 4 hours off the genny/Iota set-up and 4 off the batteries.
Thanks for the info I hope to check out your boat/stereo one of these days in person!!!(Turned out bitchin and moved E-Ticket to the top of my list for the next family hauler)
Brandin
Well next time you're in Havi, I'll probably be there. :) Come check it out.

Phat Matt
12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
RR, here are the genny set up pics. The exhaust is plummed out the side of the boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01116.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01128.JPG

riverroyal
12-15-2005, 10:20 AM
RR, here are the genny set up pics. The exhaust is plummed out the side of the boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01116.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01128.JPG
nice job

Phat Matt
12-15-2005, 01:01 PM
nice job
Even with the lid up you can't hear it. It is quiet and the music more than covers it. :)

Buster
12-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Even with the lid up you can't hear it. It is quiet and the music more than covers it. :)
You got that right !!! Your system can mask out a uncorked blown motor parked next to you :) :) :)
RR, I'm in the same state of mind right now and wondering what I should do..
Let me know how it goes...
Cheers,

Phat Matt
12-17-2005, 04:03 AM
You got that right !!! Your system can mask out a uncorked blown motor parked next to you :) :) :)
Cheers,
lol. you know what I am talking about. :) I have the drinks if you have the cigars. :D

riverroyal
12-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Cheers,
budget part,wanna buy a 05 raptor 350?or how bout a 05 yfz450? :rollside: