PDA

View Full Version : Drinks - Zombie

Danhercules
05-16-2006, 08:49 AM
I remeber when I was little, my Dad use to love Zombies. He always went to Casys in Orange before bowling and got the huge one.
What is in a Zombie? He use to make them too, but I never paid attention to what was in it.

Jbb
05-16-2006, 08:51 AM
What is a Zombie?
Riverdave>>>>>>Pre Rehab!............. :p

Mardonzi
05-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Check out Webtender.com....
I especially like the "In My Bar" option. It's amazing what you can mix together and call a cocktail....

Chico&Zeus
05-16-2006, 09:20 AM
oz Apricot Brandy
1 oz light or puerto-rican rum
1 oz dark or jamaican rum
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz lime juice
dashes grenadine
orange juice
1 oz 151
From Cocktail.com
In a cocktail shaker, mix light & dark rums and brandy. Add lemon and lime juice and dashes grenadine. Shake well and strain into a higball glass filled with ice. Fill glass with orange juice leaving room to float 1 oz of 151. Garnish with cherry, orange slice, pinapple wedge.
Submitted by Ted Metzler, Fairfax, Virginia, USA
This is the classic zombie. My recipe has been refined from one I read somewhere about 10 years ago and modified by other recipies and experimentation. Most people unanimously declare that mine is the best zombie they have ever had.

Danhercules
05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
oz Apricot Brandy
1 oz light or puerto-rican rum
1 oz dark or jamaican rum
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz lime juice
dashes grenadine
orange juice
1 oz 151
From Cocktail.com
In a cocktail shaker, mix light & dark rums and brandy. Add lemon and lime juice and dashes grenadine. Shake well and strain into a higball glass filled with ice. Fill glass with orange juice leaving room to float 1 oz of 151. Garnish with cherry, orange slice, pinapple wedge.
Submitted by Ted Metzler, Fairfax, Virginia, USA
This is the classic zombie. My recipe has been refined from one I read somewhere about 10 years ago and modified by other recipies and experimentation. Most people unanimously declare that mine is the best zombie they have ever had.
The one above sounds right. Where is your recipe? Whats diffrent?

Schiada76
05-16-2006, 09:45 AM
House of Kwong!
Get two Zombies, go blind for the rest of the night. :D

Rocknpalms
05-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey glad you remember those nice drinks. I still make them here. Orange juice, pineapple juice, captian morgans,some 151 if you dare, a splash of mango or guava instead of the apricot. then a small amount of Grenadine and let it settle to the bottom. The best part is topping the drink with a nice portion of Myers dark rum. The dark rum will stay on top. When served the colors should be separated top to bottom, Dark rum, orangish, to red. The drinker will stir it after sipping off the dark rum. Dont forget the cherry. Remember he also liked the Long Island Ice Tea.
Thanks for the reminder. We are heading to Blythe this weekend and will make this the weekend drink.