PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Fans, some more info.

dmontzsta
05-17-2006, 06:03 AM
:)
I am going to keep the Lakers info alive.
Tonight, Kobe will be on TNT with Charles Barkley and the rest of the gang, should be good.
Dwayne Wade has said "I want to learn how to play better defense this summer." He wants Gary Payton to teach him the mental part of playing defense, and he also said that he wants to work with Kobe this summer on defense. :D
Is Jerry West missing the Lakers? He made these comments after asked this question.
How do you go about building a championship-caliber team here? (reporters asking about memphis)
“That’s easier said than done, and I said before these playoffs started that we were going to see a couple of upsets in the West of good teams. It would not surprise me to see the L.A. Lakers make the NBA Finals, it would not surprise me at all, because they have a player that’s an incredible difference-maker. And they have another player very close to him, Lamar Odom. Everyone thinks they are without talent, and they are not, but they have one player that refuses to let them lose….And you can see it, it’s not something that’s not easy to see, you can see it. Every loose ball, they have to run down. Every time there’s a free throw, they have to block out. Those are the things that they need to do to take the next step.
:) More Lakers news coming soon. There are rumors that the Lakers will now shop with Andrew Bynum, an inside source says anyone is available.

MagicMtnDan
05-17-2006, 06:07 AM
http://www.neowin.net/forum/fun/die_thread_die.jpg

Gilligan
05-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Kobe cannot win without Shaq!! FACT!

Beer Factor
05-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Good update. Should be interesting listening to Kobe. Go Lakers!

dmontzsta
05-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Kobe can win without Shaq, it was proven with just one inexperienced team and season. :)

MayDaze
05-17-2006, 07:38 AM
You are HIGH... Been on the Island to long :)

Gilligan
05-17-2006, 08:24 AM
2004-05 Season: Shaq is gone. Lakers miss playoffs http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/071.gif
2005-06 Season: Shaq is gone. Lakers lose in round one after having a 3 - 1 lead no less http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/071.gif

OutCole'd
05-17-2006, 08:29 AM
2004-05 Season: Shaq is gone. Lakers miss playoffs http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/071.gif
2005-06 Season: Shaq is gone. Lakers lose in round one after having a 3 - 1 lead no less http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/071.gif
Think Shaq will win without Kobe? Not a chance........

GAME TIME
05-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Oh, so the Heat won the championship last year? How many championships has Shaq won with out Kobe? 0

Gilligan
05-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Oh, so the Heat won the championship last year? How many championships has Shaq won with out Kobe? 0
The Heat eliminate the Nets. Looks like Shaq is one his way to his first!! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing01.gif

MayDaze
05-17-2006, 08:36 AM
The Heat eliminate the Nets. Looks like Shaq is one his way to his first!! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing01.gif
What you are saying is the Heat are going to win it all this year? :rolleyes:

GAME TIME
05-17-2006, 08:37 AM
He was there last year and no ring. He's got to get past the Pistons. Then face the Western Champs. I don't think it is going to happen.

Gilligan
05-17-2006, 08:40 AM
I could careless about the ogar Shaq. Now Kobe on the other hand will never win another championship!! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing39.gif
Teams win championships not individual players. :)

Kiddunot
05-17-2006, 09:53 AM
look you guys are pathetic.....you keep saying kobe sucks. Well here is some news for you. Bryant has recorded the eighth highest single-season scoring average of all time and is only the fifth different player in NBA history to ever score 2,800 points in a season. Not to mention is is rated as the highest average scored player in the NBA this season, and he is the second highest person to score the most points in 1 game. All i hear is kobe sucks, kobe is a one man team. That is not even true. If he sucks so bad, why do the lakers keep him on the team. If he sucks so bad, lets take kobe and put him at the top of the NBA Draft. Do you think a team is going to turn this player down. You guys are high............He is there for two reasons. #1 is to try to get his team to WIN. and #2 is to collect a paycheck. The only thing shaq has going for him is he is 7+ feet tall and stands as a brick in front of the basket. The guy cant run...(his feet are too big and he is clumsy), and he cant shoot free throws nor less 3 pointers to save his life. All around kobe is a great offensive and defensive player. From what i see kobe plays team ball, in the first two quarters, if the team is not hot, then he takes it into his own hands to try and get points scored. So what is wrong with that? Do you think Phil Jackson or any other headcoach in the NBA has a problem with this? Overall lakers will improve and will make it to the playoffs and try to win. I bet anything you guys did not even think they would make it to playoffs. I also bet you felt stupid when they did. I vote that the lakers will make it alot farther next year then they did this year. For the rest of you out there that keep bagging on the lakers and dont even watch basketball unless playoffs are on. Stick to your football or whatever sport you do watch. When you know true facts come back and talk. If any other team had the opportunity to have kobe, they would snatch him up in a heartbeat.

a catered life
05-17-2006, 10:06 AM
i smell HATER fock shaq

Jyruiz
05-17-2006, 10:06 AM
There is a lot of Kobe haters out there, but the fact of the matter is, Kobe did not have players around him he could depend on, so he had to take it upon himself to do what ever he had to do to win. If I was the owner of the Lakers, I would have kept Kobe over Shaq, hands down. Shaq is declining more every year, doesn't even have a 10' jump shot like other centers to keep the center guarding him honest. Shaq is 34 and Kobe is 27, if I remember correctly, Jordan didn't win his 1st ring till he was 28. Now I am not saying Kobe is going to win one when he is 28, cuz he is not, but Kobe has more time to win another ring than Shaq does. Kobe just needs a better suporting cast like many other greats who have won championships have had.

a catered life
05-17-2006, 10:13 AM
There is a lot of Kobe haters out there, but the fact of the matter is, Kobe did not have players around him he could depend on, so he had to take it upon himself to do what ever he had to do to win. If I was the owner of the Lakers, I would have kept Kobe over Shaq, hands down. Shaq is declining more every year, doesn't even have a 10' jump shot like other centers to keep the center guarding him honest. Shaq is 34 and Kobe is 27, if I remember correctly, Jordan didn't win his 1st ring till he was 28. Now I am not saying Kobe is going to win one when he is 28, cuz he is not, but Kobe has more time to win another ring than Shaq does. Kobe just needs a better suporting cast like many other greats who have won championships have had.
yea what he said fockers :p

KineticoH20
05-17-2006, 10:22 AM
How in the world do you bash a guy who is first team defence and wins the scoring title! in my books that says he does it all. People need to start giving this guy his props cuz he's the baddest dude to lace them up in recent history.

Gilligan
05-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Teams win championships not individual players. :)
Agreed!! :rollside:

MayDaze
05-17-2006, 10:56 AM
look you guys are pathetic.....you keep saying kobe sucks. Well here is some news for you. Bryant has recorded the eighth highest single-season scoring average of all time and is only the fifth different player in NBA history to ever score 2,800 points in a season. Not to mention is is rated as the highest average scored player in the NBA this season, and he is the second highest person to score the most points in 1 game. All i hear is kobe sucks, kobe is a one man team. That is not even true. If he sucks so bad, why do the lakers keep him on the team. If he sucks so bad, lets take kobe and put him at the top of the NBA Draft. Do you think a team is going to turn this player down. You guys are high............He is there for two reasons. #1 is to try to get his team to WIN. and #2 is to collect a paycheck. The only thing shaq has going for him is he is 7+ feet tall and stands as a brick in front of the basket. The guy cant run...(his feet are too big and he is clumsy), and he cant shoot free throws nor less 3 pointers to save his life. All around kobe is a great offensive and defensive player. From what i see kobe plays team ball, in the first two quarters, if the team is not hot, then he takes it into his own hands to try and get points scored. So what is wrong with that? Do you think Phil Jackson or any other headcoach in the NBA has a problem with this? Overall lakers will improve and will make it to the playoffs and try to win. I bet anything you guys did not even think they would make it to playoffs. I also bet you felt stupid when they did. I vote that the lakers will make it alot farther next year then they did this year. For the rest of you out there that keep bagging on the lakers and dont even watch basketball unless playoffs are on. Stick to your football or whatever sport you do watch. When you know true facts come back and talk. If any other team had the opportunity to have kobe, they would snatch him up in a heartbeat.
Exactly! Very well said

Gilligan
05-17-2006, 11:02 AM
There is no "I" in TEAM!! :220v:

XFactor
05-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Gilligan,
Below are qoutes from one of the greatest minds in NBA history. Who do you think he's talking about?? Do me a favor, print this thread, put it in an envelope, seal it and re-open it in 10 years. By then Kobe should have another 4 or 5 rings. Shaq will have added nada to his collection (which by the way ALL came with Kobe's assistance). I forgot, when you open the envelope, look in the mirror, your face may look like this ----------> :mad:
:)
Is Jerry West missing the Lakers? He made these comments after asked this question.
How do you go about building a championship-caliber team here? (reporters asking about memphis)
“That’s easier said than done, and I said before these playoffs started that we were going to see a couple of upsets in the West of good teams. It would not surprise me to see the L.A. Lakers make the NBA Finals, it would not surprise me at all, because they have a player that’s an incredible difference-maker. And they have another player very close to him, Lamar Odom. Everyone thinks they are without talent, and they are not, but they have one player that refuses to let them lose….And you can see it, it’s not something that’s not easy to see, you can see it. Every loose ball, they have to run down. Every time there’s a free throw, they have to block out. Those are the things that they need to do to take the next step.
:) More Lakers news coming soon. There are rumors that the Lakers will now shop with Andrew Bynum, an inside source says anyone is available.

Gilligan
05-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Gilligan,
Below are qoutes from one of the greatest minds in NBA history. Who do you think he's talking about?? Do me a favor, print this thread, put it in an envelope, seal it and re-open it in 10 years. By then Kobe should have another 4 or 5 rings. Shaq will have added nada to his collection (which by the way ALL came with Kobe's assistance). I forgot, when you open the envelope, look in the mirror, your face may look like this ----------> :mad:
The Detroit pistons are a Basket Ball Team. The Lakers are the Kobe show.
Even Micheal Jordan could not win on his own. The only diference was Jordan was a team player. Kobe is a cry baby.

Jyruiz
05-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Even Micheal Jordan could not win on his own. The only diference was Jordan was a team player. Kobe is a cry baby.
Dude, you don't know what you are talking about, please step back from the keyboard.

a catered life
05-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Dude, you don't know what you are talking about, please step back from the keyboard.
yea step back and smack the shit out of your self because your not speaking english
you sound like a kobe hater not a nba fan and no right fan in his right mind would compare jordan and kobe...two different eras and two different teams

Jyruiz
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
yea step back and smack the shit out of your self because your not speaking english
you sound like a kobe hater not a nba fan and no right fan in his right mind would compare jordan and kobe...two different eras and two different teams
Funny thing is, everybody said the same thing about Jordan until he won a ring. And they would say it because of his high average points per game, then they sang a different song as soon as he won a championship. Of course he had a better cast when he started winning rings though. That alone shows you this guy is more hater than NBA fan.

a catered life
05-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Funny thing is, everybody said the same thing about Jordan until he won a ring. And they would say it because of his high average points per game, then they sang a different song as soon as he won a championship. Of course he had a better cast when he started winning rings though. That alone shows you this guy is more hater than NBA fan.
yea what he said

dmontzsta
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
jyruiz is smart.

XFactor
05-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Nice. Gilligans a pretty sharp guy. A real Basket Ball fan. Probably has Pan Cakes for breakfast and Ham Burgers for lunch. :messedup: