PDA

View Full Version : Jack Smith Marina, Needles...

SHIFTY
05-17-2006, 07:48 AM
DO THEY DO SOUND CHECKS THERE? WHAT's THE LIMIT?

Havasu_Dreamin
05-17-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't know if they do sound checks but if they did it should be at the CA limit which is 88 db's 3 feet back from the boat and 3 ft up from the water level.

SHIFTY
05-17-2006, 07:57 AM
I CAN't SEEM TO FIND MY DECIBEL METER ANYWHERE... ARE JET BOATS WITH OTH PASSING?

shippingguy
05-17-2006, 08:11 AM
DO THEY DO SOUND CHECKS THERE? WHAT's THE LIMIT?
No they do not check at either one. I launch there every other weekend if not more. They have never checked. The only LE there is in the parking lot in the car watching people launch and that is only on the holiday weekends.

Jetdriver
05-17-2006, 08:12 AM
You need to quit acting like a worried old lady! Just run your shit and things will be fine. You have to little turbos, that thing is bound to be quieter then most OT's.

SHIFTY
05-17-2006, 08:16 AM
You need to quit acting like a worried old lady! Just run your shit and things will be fine. You have to little turbos, that thing is bound to be quieter then most OT's.
THAT's WHY I ASKED IF OTH PASSED, YOU D!CK...

RiverToysJas
05-17-2006, 08:35 AM
The only LE there is in the parking lot in the car watching people launch and that is only on the holiday weekends.
Well last weekend was not a Holiday, and SBC Sheriff's Dept was sitting at the top of the ramp much of Saturday afternoon watching everything.
I am glad too....too many jackass's wiping down on the ramp there. They made one of them leave so my buddy could pull out.
RTJas :D

shippingguy
05-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Well last weekend was not a Holiday, and SBC Sheriff's Dept was sitting at the top of the ramp much of Saturday afternoon watching everything.
I am glad too....too many jackass's wiping down on the ramp there. They made one of them leave so my buddy could pull out.
RTJas :D
Yeah you are right I have noticed the last couple times them sitting in the lot. It is a good thing it helps speed things up. They never test though that is for sure.

Speedin' Ian
05-17-2006, 08:56 AM
We launched about 5-6 dragboats and k-boats out of there a couple weeks ago so I'd say you'll be fine.