PDA

View Full Version : How much HP can a stock Bravo take ?

26_Daytona
05-17-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm about a week out from finishing my Raylar 600 and was wondering if I need to upgrade my drive as well. I have a Bravo One X and really don't want to throw any more money at this project until next yeart. The cost of this motor upgrade was WAY more money than I thought it was going to be in the beginning.
The motor is going in a 26 Eliminator Daytona.
Thanks for any help.

hot_diggity_dog
05-17-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm about a week out from finishing my Raylar 600 and was wondering if I need to upgrade my drive as well. I have a Bravo One X and really don't want to throw any more money at this project until next yeart. The cost of this motor upgrade was WAY more money than I thought it was going to be in the beginning.
Thanks for any help.
Stock Bravo 1 over 4 years old with over 600+ HP's nothing done other than services.
HDD

dicudmore
05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
hard thing to predict...
depends a lot of course on your driving habits, roll on, roll off...
then again, sometimes shiat just breaks. My XR broke at approx 15 hours behind a stock 525 and driven very easy, hell still in break-in

Spectre140
05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
I had a 800hp blower motor in my HTM with a standard bravo and it was good for almost 2 years. If you ease it plane and and drive sensible with it, it should be no problem.

26_Daytona
05-17-2006, 12:23 PM
That puts my mind at ease. It's getting to the point of my wife leaving me if I don't quit spending money on this "little project" that I promised her would cost less than 10 grand...cough cough

a catered life
05-17-2006, 12:25 PM
hard thing to predict...
then again, sometimes shiat just breaks. My XR broke at approx 15 hours behind a stock 525 and driven very easy, hell still in break-in
dam the new boat?

91nordic29
05-17-2006, 12:27 PM
there are a couple of members here (DONNIE & CRAIG, lol) who have more expertise than they would like to have in this arena. you should ask them :D

Not So Fast
05-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Why spend money if it ain't broke? When it gives up then have Max Machine do their thing. Like the others here say, roll on plane. NSF

dicudmore
05-17-2006, 01:57 PM
dam the new boat?
YUP :cry:

FullUp
05-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Full throttle starts and flying the boat and drive in and out of the water will cause a lot more wear than accerating normally on plane. But what fun is that? The more HP you put to the drive the faster it will break. So its not really a question of how much HP you have, its a matter of how much you use. A typical 500 HP offshore race boat does a rebuild every 3-5 races. Thats about 350-600 miles of extreme wear. If you want to snap a standard bravo, put 1000HP to it and don't lift.

JustDawn
05-17-2006, 02:25 PM
...friend of mine has an older 27 ft, Fountain(i.e. heavy boat) with a blown 510.He has run the original stock Bravo drive for years...No problems whatso ever.
Rolls slowly on plane,and pretty much babies it...
(PlayDeep)

sigepmock
05-17-2006, 02:27 PM
hard thing to predict...
That's not what I heard.....
I heard you were racing a Cig....and hit the super charger while taking a beer bong......driving with your knees when you hit a huge wake from the tour boat.....you flew over the Cig....flipping him the bird and when you landed BAM!!!! there went the XR!!!!
No warranty for you!!!! PS I tried to steel a drive today for you but Big John threatened to kick my a$$.....for a big guy he can run pretty fast...... :crossx:

dicudmore
05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
AND DIDN'T SPILL A DROP :cool: :rollside: now thats driving :rollside:
priorities...we don't believe in alcohol abuse around here :cool:

dicudmore
05-17-2006, 02:38 PM
That's not what I heard.....
I heard you were racing a Cig....and hit the super charger while taking a beer bong......driving with your knees when you hit a huge wake from the tour boat.....you flew over the Cig....flipping him the bird and when you landed BAM!!!! there went the XR!!!!
No warranty for you!!!! PS I tried to steel a drive today for you but Big John threatened to kick my a$$.....for a big guy he can run pretty fast...... :crossx:
yup, I was trying to hang with Fat Freddy and the Nodick but he had too much for me

dicudmore
05-17-2006, 03:05 PM
LETS LEAVE THE NORDICS OUT OF THIS :cool: before i come down their and make you drink 99 BANANAS :rollside:
Just a stab on his Nordic...not all of them :cool:
I've had many good times on Nordic's.
Come on down any time :cool:

26_Daytona
05-17-2006, 04:15 PM
I ran my boat pretty hard with the 496, but I had to do to the lack of speed that I got from that motor. I suspect I won't have to run it so hard once I have some more power.

Quality Time
05-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Do you have other upgrades such as Full Hydraulic Steering? If not, I recommend you do :boxed:

3:30dirty
05-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks for any help.
I have a 25 Daytona with blown 572/bravo with imco lower, good luck so far, as said by others roll on and more importantly off the throttle and dont get it out of the water. When it breaks off to Max Machine. Good luck!

Beer-30
05-17-2006, 08:44 PM
THIS is how much:
http://www.marineassault.net/infofinal2-Big.wmv

26_Daytona
05-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Don't have full hydraulic, just dual ram assist. Hope that does the trick.
Thanks for the help people.

Havasu Hangin'
05-18-2006, 03:59 AM
I'd look at the torque curve- torque tends to snap stuff, which is why you should go easy on the throttle.

Not So Fast
05-18-2006, 07:50 AM
THIS is how much:
http://www.marineassault.net/infofinal2-Big.wmv
Nice :D Did that thing accelerate or what??? WOWEE NSF

Beer-30
05-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Nice :D Did that thing accelerate or what??? WOWEE NSF
After watching again before I posted the link, I noticed how little he moves the throttle in relation to the speedometer jumping up. Check it out.