PDA

View Full Version : Am I a bad mom???

MrsSigEpMock
05-18-2006, 12:13 PM
So I get a call from the daycare center right now, saying there was an incident. (heart falls to floor :cry: ) "Lauren is OK but she got bit by another baby" :mad: on her A$$. :confused: I asked if she was wearing a diaper and her clothes, which she was but the other rug-rat bit her right through it. She's OK and not in pain but has a good little bruise apparently. Now, am I a bad mother because in the end (no pun intended :p ) I think it is funny that my little girl got bit on the ass by another baby?
The drama is not only on the boards this week!!! :argue:

Debbolas
05-18-2006, 12:15 PM
got to watch those biters!
but through the diaper?
:jawdrop: and it left a mark? Maybe it was on the side, where the padding isn't so thick?

lucky
05-18-2006, 12:17 PM
geez and we thought this jordy thing is a pain in the ass :)

Mrs_Wally_Gator
05-18-2006, 12:18 PM
No you are not a bad Mom. When my Daughter who is now 3 was about 20 months old, she tried to bite my oldest son on the crotch. The whole time I was getting on to her about it, I was trying not to bust out laughing.

MrsSigEpMock
05-18-2006, 12:18 PM
So, did Lauren kick that other babies ass or what??? :D
I'm surprised the other kid even took the chance. She is the 2nd youngest kid in there, and the 2nd biggest. I hope she doesn't pck up that biting habit.

LAFD
05-18-2006, 12:19 PM
i think it was one of the people watchin the kids :skull: . cause damn to bit threw the diaper and leave marks. gotta have some jaw strength and i dont think a kid that age would have it.

a catered life
05-18-2006, 12:20 PM
it depends was it a girl or boy and did she like it :p

MrsSigEpMock
05-18-2006, 12:23 PM
i think it was one of the people watchin the kids :skull: . cause damn to bit threw the diaper and leave marks. gotta have some jaw strength and i dont think a kid that age would have it.
Her diapers are pretty thin, (modern technology), I've been able to pinch her bottom through them. Probably a teething baby, there is only like 6 babies in the room. The staff is great.

Mrs_Wally_Gator
05-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Actually they do have alot of strength in those little jaws, not to mention those teeth are like razors

Tom Brown
05-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Would you like us to start a web site to mock you? :idea:
I'm just kidding, MrsSigEpMock. All is well as long as your child is OK. :)

Ziggy
05-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Just don't take her to the ER to check it..........the staff will think you did it. :mad: :rolleyes:
Somethings are funny that sorta shouldn't be..........but we as adults can still snicker in the background

Mrs. casean
05-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh no! Funny but not! Poor little Lauren :D Getting her ass bit already :crossx: considering it's babies, it is kinda funny Carrie... I'd probably think it is too. If they were 4 or 5 and that happened it wouldn't be so funny! :D

Tom Brown
05-18-2006, 12:32 PM
It will probably be 15 or 16 more years until it happens again.

MrsSigEpMock
05-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Would you like us to start a web site to mock you? :idea:
I'm just kidding, MrsSigEpMock. All is well as long as your child is OK. :)
Please don't TB.
I'm just taking a poll before Chris finds out and says I'm a bad mother for laughing about it. I try to find the humor in things but he gets upset sometimes when he or she is the "butt" of it... I just can't stop!
Thanks,
Carrie - BTW

MrsSigEpMock
05-18-2006, 12:38 PM
30 according to Chris!!! :crossx:

Tom Brown
05-18-2006, 12:39 PM
I think it's a wonderful influence on a child to have a parent who is competent, but can laugh at adversity. Becoming uptight is not a positive way to deal with problems.
You sound like a great parent, Carrie. Consider yourself an honorary member of Team Turnkey. :cool:

MrsSigEpMock
05-18-2006, 12:41 PM
I think it's a wonderful influence on a child to have a parent who is competent, but can laugh at adversity. Becoming uptight is not a positive way to deal with problems.
You sound like a great parent, Carrie. Consider yourself an honorary member of Team Turnkey. :cool:
Gee thanks, do I get a free Shirt? with a target circle on the back? :p
Thanks for the parent comment too. It means a lot coming from Tom Brown!

Cole Trickle
05-18-2006, 01:08 PM
She probably Jacked teh other babies Sippy cup!!!
Or she could have been picking up bad habits watching mommy and daddy doing there thing?!?! :crossx:

MrsSigEpMock
05-18-2006, 01:13 PM
She probably Jacked teh other babies Sippy cup!!!
Or she could have been picking up bad habits watching mommy and daddy doing there thing?!?! :crossx:
Lauren probably rolled over the other kid. Daddies kiss mommies buts not bite them, well at east not in front of the kids. How's the casa nuevo?

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-18-2006, 01:15 PM
So I get a call from the daycare center right now, saying there was an incident. (heart falls to floor :cry: ) "Lauren is OK but she got bit by another baby" :mad: on her A$$. :confused: I asked if she was wearing a diaper and her clothes, which she was but the other rug-rat bit her right through it. She's OK and not in pain but has a good little bruise apparently. Now, am I a bad mother because in the end (no pun intended :p ) I think it is funny that my little girl got bit on the ass by another baby?
The drama is not only on the boards this week!!! :argue:
I IMO do not think you are a bad mom. You were concerned about it when you were told. Then you thought about it an it was kind of funny. I thought the same thing. After being upset it makes you wonder how that could happen but being kids anything could happen. hopefully the child care provider took action on it right away. Biters are not fun to be around specially when you are the target. :)

Miss Jackie
05-18-2006, 01:21 PM
My toddler bit my mom (her Grandmama) on the a$$ once, even left a bruise. She has also been bit by a few other kids at daycare. It's made me pretty upset. :(
Poor babies, but then that is what they do at that age. :squiggle: :)
Hope your little one didn't hurt too much.

Cole Trickle
05-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Lauren probably rolled over the other kid. Daddies kiss mommies buts not bite them, well at east not in front of the kids. How's the casa nuevo?
I liked the Jacked Sippy cup thing better it makes her kinda gangster;)
kiss's huh....Hopefully she is staying in her own room now so daddy and mommy can get in some kissy poo time!! :p
Casa de Adams is good but a complete mess.
We have been trying to clean/remodel a couple things before we have the inside and outside completely painted.(They are supposed to start tommorow morn :idea: )
The house is pretty empty as I don't want to buy the extra furniture until the painting is wrapped up.
Garage is a mess
Backyard is worse :cry:
We are probably 4-6 months off before we can throw a housewarming barbecue since we are now into river season :) :rollside:

MrsSigEpMock
05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
totally understand Brandon,
we just finished our house about a year ago, and have been living there since 2001. It's a long process, and you'll learn a lot. but it makes it that much better when it is finally done! You should have a BBQ right between seasons.

Flying Tiger
05-18-2006, 02:31 PM
You're a good mom who's heart is in the right place.

dicudmore
05-18-2006, 02:34 PM
lol no Carrie you're safe there...and thats funny :cool:

sigepmock
05-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey there will be none of that!!!! :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-18-2006, 02:56 PM
You're fine, the kid is fine, and it IS kinda funny since nobody got hurt (I don't consider a bruise (especially a butt-bruise) much of a "hurt"). :)
Kids, anything goes withg the lil crumb-crunchers.