PDA

View Full Version : Snow Skiers chime in...

steelcomp
01-01-2006, 06:33 PM
OK...any of you hard core skiers out there try the new Rossi Z9 Ti skis? Just got a pair and I haven't had a chance to use them yet...wondering how they work.
Thanks

cc322
01-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Just went out looking at skis today, I sold all my old stuff a few years ago, now looking to get back into it things sure have changed with the shape of skis over the years. Going to Mammoth in a couple months so I would like to have my own gear this year, but dont know what to get, any Ideas? BTW good luck with your new gear. :rollside:

Kim Hanson
01-01-2006, 07:24 PM
OK...any of you hard core skiers out there try the new Rossi Z9 Ti skis? Just got a pair and I haven't had a chance to use them yet...wondering how they work.
Thanks
Okay, first of all you put them on and take the lift up and jump off and ski down. No big whoop, try snowboarding .......( . )( . )........... :p

steelcomp
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Okay, first of all you put them on and take the lift up and jump off and ski down. No big whoop, try snowboarding .......( . )( . )........... :p
Thanks again for another useless post, Kim. I'm not looking to take a lift, unless it's in a helicopter. You'd probably piss yourself where I want to go. :rolleyes:
Happy New Year! :D

tcook33
01-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks
I didn't think anyone still skied..... :D

steelcomp
01-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Just went out looking at skis today, I sold all my old stuff a few years ago, now looking to get back into it things sure have changed with the shape of skis over the years. Going to Mammoth in a couple months so I would like to have my own gear this year, but dont know what to get, any Ideas? BTW good luck with your new gear. :rollside: Thanks cc. Jeez...it's like computers...buy something new this year, and next year it's outdated. The new shaped skis are changing skiing, that's for sure. It still pretty much depends on what kind of skiing you do, but they're getting pretty close to making an all around ski. That's the rave about these new Rossi's. Carve, groomed, downhill, mountain, powder...supposedly they do it all, and do it well. Lots of good write ups. My local pro demo'd them last year and says they're awsome. Just want to hear from others...just curious. I'm sure they'll be stellar. I'd just go rent some and see what you like. The rentals are going to be last year's skis, maybe demos, so not too far off from what's out there. Just about anyone's ski is going to be far better than anything you skied on a few years ago. Good luck.

Boy Named Sue
01-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks cc. Jeez...it's like computers...buy something new this year, and next year it's outdated. The new shaped skis are changing skiing, that's for sure. It still pretty much depends on what kind of skiing you do, but they're getting pretty close to making an all around ski. That's the rave about these new Rossi's. Carve, groomed, downhill, mountain, powder...supposedly they do it all, and do it well. Lots of good write ups. My local pro demo'd them last year and says they're awsome. Just want to hear from others...just curious. I'm sure they'll be stellar. I'd just go rent some and see what you like. The rentals are going to be last year's skis, maybe demos, so not too far off from what's out there. Just about anyone's ski is going to be far better than anything you skied on a few years ago. Good luck.
Hanslation: I hug eucalyptus trees. Thats why I am so sappy. I suck vinegar grapes, thats why I am bitter. Horsepower is cool. (I have to agree. :p) Suey makes me laugh, mostly at his trailer park humor, and the rest at him in particular. Compression and venturi rock my boat. Who am I?
I am SteelComp.

steelcomp
01-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Hanslation: I hug eucalyptus trees. Thats why I am so sappy. I suck vinegar grapes, thats why I am bitter. Horsepower is cool. (I have to agree. :p) Suey makes me laugh, mostly at his trailer park humor, and the rest at him in particular. Compression and venturi rock my boat. Who am I?
I am SteelComp.
wha??? :confused: :confused:
...and here you were being so nice, earlier! :rolleyes:
thanks, Suey.

Rexone
01-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Thanks cc. Jeez...it's like computers...buy something new this year, and next year it's outdated. The new shaped skis are changing skiing, that's for sure. It still pretty much depends on what kind of skiing you do, but they're getting pretty close to making an all around ski. That's the rave about these new Rossi's. Carve, groomed, downhill, mountain, powder...supposedly they do it all, and do it well. Lots of good write ups. My local pro demo'd them last year and says they're awsome. Just want to hear from others...just curious. I'm sure they'll be stellar. I'd just go rent some and see what you like. The rentals are going to be last year's skis, maybe demos, so not too far off from what's out there. Just about anyone's ski is going to be far better than anything you skied on a few years ago. Good luck.
So I guess I might as well not take my 10 year old pre shaped era Kastles out of the garage any more. :)

canuck1
01-02-2006, 01:26 AM
So I guess I might as well not take my 10 year old pre shaped era Kastles out of the garage any more. :)
Rex Some of us still prefer to ski on old style 205's the new skis seem like kid skis

gqchris
01-02-2006, 01:44 AM
You'd probably piss yourself where I want to go.
Amen brotha!
Why is it that when peeps ask to go to the mountains these days, and I tell them I ski, its like they seen a ghost! I dont understand why skiing became so "out of style". I personally like "not falling" when I take a run. It seems like all my friends that are new to snowboarding, which is most everyone, fall the whole trip! Just doesnt look like fun for me or my ankles. Just my .02

rrrr
01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Rex Some of us still prefer to ski on old style 205's the new skis seem like kid skis
Yep, sometimes I strap on some 205's or 207's just to cruise.....

TRG
01-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Skiing is "totaly awesome dude"! :crossx:
yeah! backscratchers-n-helicopters bro! wooo-hooo!
Baldy's goin' off!

canuck1
01-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Yep, sometimes I strap on some 205's or 207's just to cruise.....
Cruise???? Na all mountain

Havasu1986
01-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Amen brotha!
Why is it that when peeps ask to go to the mountains these days, and I tell them I ski, its like they seen a ghost! I dont understand why skiing became so "out of style". I personally like "not falling" when I take a run. It seems like all my friends that are new to snowboarding, which is most everyone, fall the whole trip! Just doesnt look like fun for me or my ankles. Just my .02
I'm with you . I can go on a 3 day trip without ever falling on the intermediate trails @ Mammoth. If I wanted to spend 1/2 my day on the snow I would stay at the lodge and drink all day. Come to think of that I do that anyway. Never mind.

DEEZ NUTTS
01-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Thats what I thought too. Rented a set of new parabolic or whatever skis last year. Been on a board for last 10 years and will be skiing instead for a while. The new skis kick ass. Made me look like I never quit.

canuck1
01-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Thats what I thought too. Rented a set of new parabolic or whatever skis last year. Been on a board for last 10 years and will be skiing instead for a while. The new skis kick ass. Made me look like I never quit.
I bought a set of Salomon 180's and two days later a set of shaped 200's and still end up going back to the old shit

rrrr
01-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I bought a set of Salomon 180's and two days later a set of shaped 200's and still end up going back to the old shit
Well, my idea of cruising is doing the whole mountain..... Not very hard to ski the steep stuff when you are wearing skiis for tykes.
Never been to Canada, sure would like to do some heli skiing.

steelcomp
01-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Not very hard to ski the steep stuff when you are wearing skiis for tykes.
Skis for tykes...that's cute. :D I don't want skiing to be hard, I want it to be fun. Ski technology is just like everything else. Watch the races...what wins on Sunday, sells on Monday! Even the downhill racers are skiing on short(er) skis.
Never been to Canada, sure would like to do some heli skiing.Now you're talkin! Fock all that waiting in line for a 15 min. run. :yuk:

steelcomp
01-02-2006, 07:45 PM
So I guess I might as well not take my 10 year old pre shaped era Kastles out of the garage any more. :)Hell, my 4 yr. old Volants are outdated. :cry:

tcook33
01-02-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm with you . I can go on a 3 day trip without ever falling on the intermediate trails @ Mammoth. If I wanted to spend 1/2 my day on the snow I would stay at the lodge and drink all day. Come to think of that I do that anyway. Never mind.
If you're not fallin, you're not tryin.....

hoolign
01-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Gimme K2..or Gimme head! :D

steelcomp
01-02-2006, 09:29 PM
If you're not fallin, you're not tryin.....
Ten-four that!! The only way you'll ever know your limitations, is to exceed them! :D