PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand people/companies that LIE!!!

Waldo
05-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Is it standard for a marine products company to tell you something is in stock and you'll have it the next day or two??? I ordered on Monday and was gauranteeeeeeed it would be here before today (going to the river 2morrow & informed them of that & we are both in SoCal)???
AND THEN NOT F'N TELL ME THAT "IT'LL BE 10-12 DAYS AS THEY WEREN'T ON THE SHELF"...until I called today!!! I really needed my cup holders.
I can't stand people/companies that LIE!!! They will never get my small amount of business again.

h2oski2fast
05-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Yep, par for the industry. I had something similar happen, and they advertise here also.... but I won't name names.

Waldo
05-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Yep....

beer truck
05-18-2006, 03:16 PM
the boat will be done in two weeks, two weeks later where's the boat? it won't be done for two more weeks. 8 weeks later it's done.
You are a boat manufacter. That is what you do. You should be able to look at a boat in any stage of production and know how many man hours left to build it. If it's gonna be 10 weeks tell me 10 weeks not two weeks.
Been there, done that, no respect for people who run businesses that way.

W.O.T
05-18-2006, 03:25 PM
i dont want to say names either but my boat is having a motor built in corona ca by a very reputable builder. i was told the motor would be done in three weeks and he would call me after two. well its been almost two months and still nothing. i havent received any calls from him. i call every week and am very polite. every week so far the boat supposedly will be ready to go "next week." i know its the busiest time of the year to have work done but it sucks when your boat was supposed to be done two weeks ago and it hasnt even been started on! i will continue be patient. as long as that new motor rips and doesnt take to long ill be happy. but everyone just wants an honest answer which is understandable

trailerpark_tj
05-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Yep, par for the industry. I had something similar happen, and they advertise here also.... but I won't name names.
I know what you mean, I had some dude named Dave from Cutting Edge Marine who was supposed to get me two polished Optima battery boxes back in January.
Anybody else ever dealt with this shady character?

mike37
05-18-2006, 03:34 PM
i dont want to say names either but my boat is having a motor built in corona ca by a very reputable builder. i was told the motor would be done in three weeks and he would call me after two. well its been almost two months and still nothing. i havent received any calls from him. i call every week and am very polite. every week so far the boat supposedly will be ready to go "next week." i know its the busiest time of the year to have work done but it sucks when your boat was supposed to be done two weeks ago and it hasnt even been started on! i will continue be patient. as long as that new motor rips and doesnt take to long ill be happy. but everyone just wants an honest answer which is understandable
You should be working on the girl in your avatar while you wait for your motor to get finished

Waldo
05-18-2006, 04:01 PM
It's unfortunate that it's par for many industries...I just can't stand being lied to. Big items (like motors/boat) or Small items (like cup holders/misc parts)...it doesn't matter. Your employees' action(s) represent your company and how you do business. It's a shame that more companies aren't a little more honest. I try to be, every day!

WFS ADAM
05-18-2006, 04:42 PM
I always order from Dana Marine. They do all my powder coating as well. I've never had anything I've ordered from them take more than 2 days to be at my doorstep. I hope it wasn't them.

h2oski2fast
05-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I know what you mean, I had some dude named Dave from Cutting Edge Marine who was supposed to get me two polished Optima battery boxes back in January.
Anybody else ever dealt with this shady character?
Obviously you don't know the right people at CEM. :) :) :)

boats&bars
05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
That is unacceptable if it was me id have my attorney call them, its boating season for heavens sake , put some fire under thier ass....

boats&bars
05-18-2006, 05:15 PM
I used trick marine they seem to have it together, but time will tell.

Waldo
05-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Well, shortly after my post I received a phone call from the sales manager. I commend the action to rectify the issue. Both sides were explained and I stood by the fact that I was told the items were to be shipped out Mon....and delivered Tues or Wed.
I don't know if you called beacuse I posted or because that was general business practice (implied), but like I said on the phone, I will reconsider doing business with you in the future.
BTW-The "small amount of business" comment was because I'm not a "Big Baller"...just a regular Joe w/a small boat. Thanks for the ring.

Rexone
05-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Waldo, he called because I immediately wanted to know if it was Rex Marine you were referring to and made it a point to track it down if it was us. I don't like it when we screw up, which we did in this case. Unfortunately it happens sometimes. I can assure you it wasn't an intended lie to string you along, the guy you originally spoke with just wasn't aware what we had on the shelf. And then to compound it we neglected to call you when it didn't ship. No excuses, a second screw up. I value everyones business regardless whether it's a $12 cup holder or a $2000 load of parts. Sorry for the error on this.

ahhell
05-18-2006, 06:15 PM
just ordered from REX...got an immediate email saying parts werent in stock, sorry, shipping later in the week....business is business...parts shipped today, all's good
yep. mine were cup holders too...no big deal :)

phebus
05-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Very standup of Rex coming on here, admitting fault, and explaining the issue.
Support your ***boat vendors. If they survive this jungle, they must be doing something right.

Waldo
05-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Waldo, he called because I immediately wanted to know if it was Rex Marine you were referring to and made it a point to track it down if it was us. I don't like it when we screw up, which we did in this case. Unfortunately it happens sometimes. I can assure you it wasn't an intended lie to string you along, the guy you originally spoke with just wasn't aware what we had on the shelf. And then to compound it we neglected to call you when it didn't ship. No excuses, a second screw up. I value everyones business regardless whether it's a $12 cup holder or a $2000 load of parts. Sorry for the error on this.
Again, I appreciate the call and post. I'm sure I'll do biz w/Rex in the future. I know stuff happens in the retail and service industries, as I've been involved with both since I was young. I don't normally post under distress/frustration, but felt I needed to vent. Thanks for the response!

Waldo
05-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Wouldn't it have been better if Rex had come on, posted his credit card number, his home address and told him to quit cock blocking him? :D
That sounds SCARY!!! Please don't give them any ideas!

Rexone
05-18-2006, 06:30 PM
We only do that to guys named Donald from AZ. :)

Chromegorilla
05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I used trick marine they seem to have it together, but time will tell.
You beat me to it......
Fred @ Trick Marine has really got his shit together. First rate company to deal with.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
05-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Rex- WAY TO MAN UP.....
Waldo- no need for cup holders. The beer won't ever leave my hand. I promise.
See ya manana...
and for the record, the whole Jordy vs. Summitkarl has made for some excellent reading today. If only my pc would have made it to the can i would have enjoyed my movement that much more today.

Waldo
05-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Rex- WAY TO MAN UP.....
See ya manana...
and for the record, the whole Jordy vs. Summitkarl has made for some excellent reading today. If only my pc would have made it to the can i would have enjoyed my movement that much more today.
I wish knew what peeps were talking about with the other drama...I only had time to bitch!

phebus
05-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Rex- WAY TO MAN UP.....
See ya manana...
Dude, you need wireless. The only problem is that if you are really grunting one out, balance can be an issue :)

Waldo
05-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Dude, you need wireless. The only problem is that if you are really grunting one out, balance can be an issue :)
There's nothing better than crappin' and having the world (internet) on your hands...

HP350SC
05-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I have encountered the same thing with another CA. company which I won't name. After my card was charged, and a month later, I got real pissy with the order taker. He finally said that he is TOLD to say the item is in stock, so as not to lose a sale. I understand they are running a business and all, but when you expect to see something in a few days to get you on the water, that ai'nt cool.

77charger
05-18-2006, 08:25 PM
My brother has his boat at GTmarine said it will be done by end of feb.Now into may and they still have it and probably will for another month if he is lucky.I thought they were better than that!!
I think they want your money and bus once they have boat and start well its on their sch then.Anything to get you trapped.

Jordy
05-18-2006, 11:30 PM
We only do that to guys named Donald from AZ. :)
Nice try Mikey, you guys are stupid fast on your shipping. I can order something Monday afternoon and have it here on Wednesday morning. ;)
And who the hell is this Donald guy??? :notam:

Not So Fast
05-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Geeze, I hope I get my speaker covers on Monday like they said I would, they promised, darnit!!!!! :D :D NSF