PDA

View Full Version : I got into an accident yesterday...

HavasuSelect
05-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Yup, I rear-ended some lady. I am 21 and have a clean driving record (no tickets or accidents). My question to the board is, how much do you think my insurance will go up? My truck is fine but there is considerable damage to her van.

HOSS
05-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Do you have Geico? If so they will be dropping you.

MagicMtnDan
05-19-2006, 06:23 AM
The insurance companies have a policy for young drivers who get into an accident: they raise your rates to a level that you can't afford. :crossx:
Good luck!

Jbb
05-19-2006, 06:25 AM
I got into a bad wreck at that age...fooling around with my then girlfriend.while driving..and not paying attention.....my fault...the insurance co did not drop me....I was put in the assigned risk pool...rates went up some....but not much

Kachina26
05-19-2006, 07:16 AM
My understanding is that (at least in Cali) there is a cap of 10% increase. Or, they could drop you and then all bets are off :( Just remember, it's cool to be single, under 25, with a penis, unless you are trying to buy insurance.

HOSS
05-19-2006, 07:20 AM
:rollside: that dude said, "penis". :cool:

NOTALENT
05-19-2006, 07:22 AM
The insurance companies have a policy for young drivers who get into an accident: they raise your rates to a level that you can't afford. :crossx:
Good luck!
True that....man I have stories for ya....haha no accidents though...just lots of racing/speeding/exhibition of speeding tickets...
They shoot the rate up high.....All State dropped me after my exhibition speeding ticket. For my 1972 chevelle at one point I was paying $4500 a year...!!!! :cry: :220v:

Kachina26
05-19-2006, 07:35 AM
:rollside: that dude said, "penis". :cool:
I'll get banned if I say "soup can" :D

a catered life
05-19-2006, 07:38 AM
are you on your parents policy or are you alone......how long have you been with your current company? and rear ending someone is one of the worst :cry:

HOSS
05-19-2006, 07:44 AM
I'll get banned if I say "soup can" :D
true dat homes

John.
05-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Do you have any other tickets or points on your record? I rear-ended a guy back in August last year. Totaled my car and no damage to his truck. Anyways, my insurance said as long as there were no injuries and I had no other points on my record, my insurance would not go up as I would retain my California good driver discount. so far, no increase in rates. key point is the no injuries part.
by the way, I rear ended a Ford truck when I pulling out on the highway and merging into traffic, he stopped and I didn't and I hit him at about 15 to 20 mph. I wish I had a better story...
Here's the ending results:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/51660008.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/jrambrose/BurnedVette1.jpg

NOTALENT
05-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Do you have any other tickets or points on your record? I rear-ended a guy back in August last year. Totaled my car and no damage to his truck. Anyways, my insurance said as long as there were no injuries and I had no other points on my record, my insurance would not go up as I would retain my California good driver discount. so far, no increase in rates. key point is the no injuries part.
by the way, I rear ended a Ford truck when I pulling out on the highway and merging into traffic, he stopped and I didn't and I hit him at about 15 to 20 mph. I wish I had a better story...
Wow...that is some scary results....glad your ok.

9er
05-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Yeah, that happened to me last time I rear-ended a Pinto.........

HavasuSelect
05-19-2006, 07:54 AM
are you on your parents policy or are you alone......how long have you been with your current company? and rear ending someone is one of the worst :cry:
I'm on my parents policy, we have a pretty good relationship with the agent. I have been on the policy for about 5 years but my parents have been on a little longer. We have 6 cars insured for 3 people. I'm hoping they cut us a little slack.

HavasuSelect
05-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Thats a pretty bad hit. Thank god you were okay. It's kinda scary that you were only doing 15-20 and all that damage happened.
I've got a clean record, no accidents or tickets.

HavasuSelect
05-19-2006, 08:01 AM
True that....man I have stories for ya....haha no accidents though...just lots of racing/speeding/exhibition of speeding tickets...
They shoot the rate up high.....All State dropped me after my exhibition speeding ticket. For my 1972 chevelle at one point I was paying $4500 a year...!!!! :cry: :220v:
Ha, I wasn't racing or speeding. I was just trying to catch up to a hot chick that passed by. Just another reason why I can blame everything bad that happens on women.

Cole Trickle
05-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Some of the imformation posted is half correct.
If there are no injuries and you currently have a clean record the policy will go up approx. $50-100 every 6 months.
The policy will not increase until your next renewal.(If you have a 12 month policy and it renewed last month you won't have an increase for 11 months)
Like stated you can have 1 ticket or 1 accident w/o Injuries and still retain your California Good Driver Discount.(Make sure you go to traffic school for any future offences so you don't loose this discount)
Don't sweat it it's better to pay a slight increase every year than 5K to fix the persons car. :)

HavasuSelect
05-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Some of the imformation posted is half correct.
If there are no injuries and you currently have a clean record the policy will go up approx. $50-100 every 6 months.
The policy will not increase until your next renewal.(If you have a 12 month policy and it renewed last month you won't have an increase for 11 months)
Like stated you can have 1 ticket or 1 accident w/o Injuries and still retain your California Good Driver Discount.(Make sure you go to traffic school for any future offences so you don't loose this discount)
Don't sweat it it's better to pay a slight increase every year than 5K to fix the persons car. :)
Thanks for the info. I think the policy expires in Dec, so I've got some time.

RAMROD
05-19-2006, 08:35 AM
All this talk about rear-ending people is starting to sound gay. :rolleyes:

bunny 166
05-19-2006, 08:43 AM
All this talk about rear-ending people is starting to sound gay. :rolleyes:
That's funny coming from a guy who's screen name is RAMROD...LOL... :crossx: :D :D

RAMROD
05-19-2006, 08:44 AM
That's funny coming from a guy who's screen name is RAMROD...LOL... :crossx: :D :D
Yeah, you got a point there.

bunny 166
05-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah, you got a point there.
Hee hee! :p

ROZ
05-19-2006, 08:51 AM
You didn't need to rearend her to get her number... Next time try a different tactic. :D

HavasuSelect
05-19-2006, 08:55 AM
You didn't need to rearend her to get her number... Next time try a different tactic. :D
I wanted to set up the pick-up line "It was nice running into you" and that was the only way I could think of.

RAMROD
05-19-2006, 09:00 AM
I wanted to set up the pick-up line "It was nice running into you" and that was the only way I could think of.
LMAO

HavasuSelect
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Well, did you get her?
Rio
Actually no, when she got out of the car the first thing she said was "My husband is going to be so mad..."

YeLLowBoaT
05-19-2006, 10:23 AM
It all depends on how much it costs them.... I have been hit 4 times in 3 years... my INS keeps getting cheaper...( all not my fualt.) My younger brother on the other hand has had 1 wreck, 3 tickets( mostly from him modifing her car, the last one he just got was for wreckless driving) His Mothers husband is the head of progressive in CA... he still pays about 6k a year...the Wreckless driving was just last month so it still has not gone thru court... I would be willing to bet that they pull his DL....he is almost 19....

topless
05-19-2006, 10:28 AM
I rear ended a cop when I was 18 and totalled both cars. My insurance didn't go up but the cop sued me and got 25 grand from my insurance company. She claimed whiplash. Needless to say, I changed insurance companies real quick.

a catered life
05-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah, that happened to me last time I rear-ended a Pinto.........
boom :p

meaniam
05-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Yup, I rear-ended some lady. I am 21 and have a clean driving record (no tickets or accidents). My question to the board is, how much do you think my insurance will go up? My truck is fine but there is considerable damage to her van.
say good bye to good rates and your paycheck. cuase your shit is gonna go thru the roof

John.
05-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Thats a pretty bad hit. Thank god you were okay. It's kinda scary that you were only doing 15-20 and all that damage happened.
I've got a clean record, no accidents or tickets.
Actually, it wasn't a very bad hit at all. It was really embarrassing. I was only doing maybe 15mph when I hit hte truck. No damage to the truck I hit. I got out, checked on the other driver, then got back in my vette to pull it off the road and it caught in fire. a very bad bad day.
But, igot a new vette so life is better now.