PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Bullett Mufflers??

laveydayz
05-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Our new Lavey came with the Gibson Bullett Mufflers so we never had the chance to run the boat without. Just curious if any of you had any before and after opinions on power loss?? Thanks in advance!

Reaper1
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
I have these on my Magic Cat. No power loss. Almost too quiet. Good Mufflers!

laveydayz
05-19-2006, 11:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing that they are almost to quite...guess thats not a bad thing these days. No power loss? Thats good to hear...the boat does not feel like its being robbed of power but like I said, we have never run it without the mufflers.

OutCole'd
05-19-2006, 11:34 AM
They work great. I did loose a few RPM's, but not much.

Reaper1
05-19-2006, 11:35 AM
They work great. I did loose a few RPM's, but not much.
Yeah, but you drive a station wagon. :rollside: :) :p

Blacksheep
05-20-2006, 02:10 AM
I have them on my 27 Shadow with the 550 Viper. I installed them with the rubber flaps as well. Like others said they are quiet. Many people have commented how surprised they are with how quiet the boat is.
I did have the Livorsi Northstars prior to the Gibsons. The Gibsons aren't as quiet but I didn't lose any rpms between the two.
Great mufflers and look great on the boat too.

Not So Fast
05-20-2006, 05:48 AM
Yeah, but you drive a station wagon. :rollside: :) :p
I thought it was a Camry??????????? :rolleyes: NSF

livin da dream
05-20-2006, 07:05 AM
...guess thats not a bad thing these days. No power loss? Thats good to hear... we have never run it without the mufflers.
love the sound of uncorked big blocks, like the sound of 'ripping canvas' echoing within the canyons!
-but living in a small lake town, if you {can}go real-fast and keep it quiet- YOUR KING.
Sounds like muffler technology in the marine industry is catching up to the hi-HP motorcycle industry-IMHO that is a good thing :idea: Good job gibson!