PDA

View Full Version : Job opening in Havasu

TwinMach26DCB
05-19-2006, 03:03 PM
I'd like opinions..
I'm considering opening an office in Lake Havasu in the next 60 days. I'm bringing a sales manager and I'll need two-three sales people immediately, and another 2 in 6 months.. Trucking / Warehouse / Transportation experience is a plus. I've eyed a building I'm making an offer on in the next 7 days.. M-F 8-5.. No weekends.
Does this logic follow:
I'm assuming that there is / are people in Havasu that have cashed out of socal. I figure there are movers and shakers that have decided to leave the LA rat race. Now looking for something meaninful to do to cover expenses and taxes.. The position I have open would be an inside sales position for a 3rd party logistics company (freight broker or truck broker) Computer literacy, quick thinking, multi tasking, personable - flexible, relaxed work atmosphere. Salary plus commission -- These are not ORDER TAKERS, these are SALES POSITIONS. I'm looking for CAREER minded people, not just looking for a job.. Experienced reps currently exceeding 7-10K per month in commissions. Base is 12.00 hr. medical, dental, vision, retirement after 90 day probationary period..
Not spam, seriously looking for input !!

dicudmore
05-19-2006, 03:06 PM
let me know when you're ready :D
cashed out of so-cal = yes
looking for better opportunity = yes
sales experience = 12 years

RiverDave
05-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I'd like opinions..
I'm considering opening an office in Lake Havasu in the next 60 days. I'm bringing a sales manager and I'll need two-three sales people immediately, and another 2 in 6 months.. Trucking / Warehouse / Transportation experience is a plus. I've eyed a building I'm making an offer on in the next 7 days.. M-F 8-5.. No weekends.
Does this logic follow:
I'm assuming that there is / are people in Havasu that have cashed out of socal. I figure there are movers and shakers that have decided to leave the LA rat race. Now looking for something meaninful to do to cover expenses and taxes.. The position I have open would be an inside sales position for a 3rd party logistics company (freight broker or truck broker) Computer literacy, quick thinking, multi tasking, personable - flexible, relaxed work atmosphere. Salary plus commission -- These are not ORDER TAKERS, these are SALES POSITIONS. I'm looking for CAREER minded people, not just looking for a job.. Experienced reps currently exceeding 7-10K per month in commissions. Base is 12.00 hr. medical, dental, vision, retirement after 90 day probationary period..
I wouldn't mind talking to you about it.. I want to get the hell out of california.
Sales Experience = 7 years
RD

1Shockwaveguy
05-19-2006, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't mind talking to you about it.. I want to get the hell out of california.
Sales Experience = 7 years
RD
We like you better in Parker Dave. :)

Sigus
05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Nice....
Anyone looking for this type of oprotunity, Kirk would be a gas to work for.
Does it come with boat privilages :rolleyes:

TwinMach26DCB
05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
BoobyBouncer
That one guy
Posts: 270 What exactly are you selling if you don't mind me asking?
We are a 3rd party logistics company. We coordinate the movement of freight. Anything above UPS all the way up to full truckloads. Less than truckload over the road, expedited air, intermodal (rail) -- We call on manufacturers or distributors and we have access to essentially EVERY industry. food, medical, furniture, equipment, steel, lumber, produce, power only, van, reefer, flatbed, teams singles -- you name it.. We have an excellent product, reputation, history and the like. 13 years in business on May 15th.. Offices in Portland OR, Fairfield CA, Santa Cruz CA, Bend OR and hopefully in Havasu and beyond as well.. We are not limited to geographic areas.. Can work from anywhere.. PM if you'd like more information.

Boatcop
05-19-2006, 05:54 PM
retirement after 90 day probationary period..
Damn. I have to work at least 20 years before I get retirement.

TwinMach26DCB
05-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Local work ethic, IF these types of people exist, labor market, outlook for Havi ?
We have some idealistic, broad thinkers and 100's of comments regarding DRAMA, but little here..
I do appreciate the pms and will be considering in the next couple weeks.

BajaMike
05-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Local work ethic, IF these types of people exist, labor market, outlook for Havi ?
We have some idealistic, broad thinkers and 100's of comments regarding DRAMA, but little here..
I do appreciate the pms and will be considering in the next couple weeks.
Sounds like a great oppertunity and Havasu might be a good spot for it. Logistics is a blast, it's all about getting mass quantities of stuff to the right location at the right time. It would be a fun business to be in......maybe George Bush could use you guys on the next huricane.....I mean, you'd just need one guy to call about ten Costco's and say...."hey can we buy about 10 truckloads of water to haul down to New Orleans....I got my Costco card".
Seriously...I think it would be a good place for that business, and aside from all the young, smart people who want to get out of communist "baja" california you could probably hire some snow birds who might have many years of inside sales experience.
Sounds good to me....if i wasn't so busy, I'd apply.... :idea:

TwinMach26DCB
05-20-2006, 06:38 AM
That is what I was looking for... Something OUTSIDE THE BOX !! I hadn't even considered the experience that snowbirds might bring in... I'm looking for year round people but if the right person materialized I'd be a fool to not find a home for him/her... Keep em coming.

TwinMach26DCB
05-22-2006, 09:48 AM
tt

shippingguy
05-22-2006, 10:01 AM
I'd like opinions..
Does this logic follow:
Sent you a PM

TwinMach26DCB
07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Building on Sweetwater - S. side of town (frontage road off 95) Purchased and closed escrow.. Carpeting went in Monday / Phone system today -- Manager moving down this weekend.. Add in local paper.. We'll be interviewing next week.. We have had at least a dozen responses, however they have been primarily of an administrative or HR background and I am looking for Inside Salespeople.. 2 to start.. Previous trucking exp preferred -- Email to tom@onestoplogistics.net // kirk@onestoplogistics.net or fax resume to 831 763-4293.. I'll update on our findings.. This is your chance -- Proven track record and many, many very successful reps in my company.. Contact me and I can let you talk to ANY one of my existing 25 reps..

caroftheweek
07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
you have mail...

Devil's Advocate
07-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Good for you and good luck with your business. I would consider looking into it as I'm looking for a change in careers. But no sales experience. :idea:

TwinMach26DCB
07-13-2006, 07:29 PM
We'll be interviewing next week....

HOSS
07-13-2006, 07:51 PM
I wants a job,,,FEMA quit on me.

Wake Havasu
07-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Building on Sweetwater - S. side of town (frontage road off 95) Purchased and closed escrow.. Carpeting went in Monday / Phone system today -- Manager moving down this weekend.. Add in local paper.. We'll be interviewing next week.. We have had at least a dozen responses, however they have been primarily of an administrative or HR background and I am looking for Inside Salespeople.. 2 to start.. Previous trucking exp preferred -- Email to tom@onestoplogistics.net // kirk@onestoplogistics.net or fax resume to 831 763-4293.. I'll update on our findings.. This is your chance -- Proven track record and many, many very successful reps in my company.. Contact me and I can let you talk to ANY one of my existing 25 reps..
PM sent.
When I get home Wednesday 7-19 ,I'll email a resume.