PDA

View Full Version : 06 ford superduty info

meaniam
05-20-2006, 03:26 PM
checking into the 06 ford diesel superduty crew cab 4x4. i need input. reliabilty? most important what kind of gas milage? and what did you pay for it?
help would be great thanks

JB in so cal
05-20-2006, 03:50 PM
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
This is THE place to find out all kids of stuff. I have a V10 or I'd tell you what a great truck it is.

NashvilleBound
05-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Its my understanding they are completely reworking the Super Duty for 07 here in about 3 months..... might want to wait.

soupersonic
05-20-2006, 05:23 PM
They don't call it the the 6.ohno for nothing :)
Do some research on all the open service bulletins.
Either wait for the new engine or buy dodge or chevy. IMO i would stay away from that 6.0 . Just my .02 :)
Oh btw my neighbor just went from a 7.3 to a 6.0 and he said he hates it plus the mileage sucks.

Procraftkev
05-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I take care of a fleet of37 ford trucks with 6.0 engines Can you say turbos ,injectors, head gaskets Trouble Trouble Trouble! Wait for the 6.4 in 07 duel stage turbo manual injectors New body style. :cool:

cc322
05-20-2006, 06:10 PM
6.4 will be 2008... 2007 will be a very short model run. As far as the 6.0 yes they have had there fair share of problems but I believe all the problems have been addressed and fixed from 05 and 06? My neighbor has a 2004 and loves it, few guys at work have 2003 and 2004 no probs. I have a V10 and love the shiat out of this thing. Check this site out as well.
http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8
http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/
I still think the Superduty is by far the best looking truck out there just mho

boater012
05-20-2006, 06:13 PM
I have a 2005 F-250 Super duty that i lifted 8" right after i got it and I put 37x12.50x20" wheels and tires on it followed by a hypertech power programmer. I also put a K+N cold air kit on it. I havent had issue one with the motor or the transmission. at all. I have 19,000 hard miles on it. I have two speeds On and Off thats it. I'm either full throttle or waiting for the light to turn green.(ask my friends and My 4 speeding tickets :cry: ) Lol anyways my truck has been great.
I've heard alot about how bad they are on here but haven't seen it with mine at all. I tow with my truck al the time and have had some heavy boats on the back several times. The thing has been great to me. I understand the general concensous is bad on the 6.0s but I love mine. I get 15-18 depending on how far down I push the pedal and What I'm towing! MY.02

LUVNLIFE
05-20-2006, 06:16 PM
checking into the 06 ford diesel superduty crew cab 4x4. i need input. reliabilty? most important what kind of gas milage? and what did you pay for it?
help would be great thanks
You don't get any gas mileage in a diesel truck :p :p Sorry just had to say that. Carry on. :cool:

AzMandella
05-20-2006, 09:11 PM
I heard they were revamping the 7.3 into a 24 valve.1 in,2 ex per cylinder.I have 118,000 on my 99 7.3 and have had zero problems.

rmarion
05-20-2006, 09:55 PM
http://www.thedieselstop.com/

Fire Angler
05-20-2006, 11:11 PM
I still think the Superduty is by far the best looking truck out there just mho
I would have to agree. Pretty nice looking truck with factory options.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1350106_F350.jpg

Todd969
05-21-2006, 05:47 AM
I have an 06' also. 15K miles and 4 oil changes been great. I don't tow huge payloads ( 25' Nordic, 266 JC tritoon and an 18' quad trailer ), nor do I abuse the Edge attitude. I regularly pull down 17/18 mpg.To each their own. Good luck on your search.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634100_0080.JPG

riverroyal
05-22-2006, 07:05 PM
05,,,new turbo new innercooler,not a happy owner.does haul ass though

Procraftkev
05-22-2006, 07:14 PM
2004 F450 11 injectors ,4 injector cups ,4 turbos, two sets of head gaskets,1 Egr cooler Engine all stock. You can get a good one or you can get a bad one. I think the new 6.4 should be a better motor.

thom
05-22-2006, 08:20 PM
03 f250 179,000 miles.. changed a cam sensor at 98,000 and power steering pump at 165,000 , either wait for the new one or find a 7.3

Riomouse911
05-22-2006, 08:56 PM
I guess I am lucky, my 99 7.3 Power Programmed, w/4" exhaust, has given me 130,500 mi.. with no problems at all. I think Ford tried to get too much from the 6.0 PSD, displacement is too small for the loads and too much HP demand from the consumer made the motor have to work too hard..and like tons of Hi-perf/hi-compression engines, they just blow themselves apart. wait and see of the 07 does it for you, or look into the GMC/Chevy or Dodge.. the Cummins engine is bullet-proof, and the Duramax isn't a bad tug, either. .02

Nubbs
05-22-2006, 08:59 PM
I have a 2005 F-250 Super duty that i lifted 8" right after i got it and I put 37x12.50x20" wheels and tires on it followed by a hypertech power programmer. I also put a K+N cold air kit on it. I havent had issue one with the motor or the transmission. at all. I have 19,000 hard miles on it. I have two speeds On and Off thats it. I'm either full throttle or waiting for the light to turn green.(ask my friends and My 4 speeding tickets :cry: ) Lol anyways my truck has been great.
I've heard alot about how bad they are on here but haven't seen it with mine at all. I tow with my truck al the time and have had some heavy boats on the back several times. The thing has been great to me. I understand the general concensous is bad on the 6.0s but I love mine. I get 15-18 depending on how far down I push the pedal and What I'm towing! MY.02
Man, I wish I could get that kind of mileage. I have the DR 4.5" lift with 315/70/17 tires. I only have 7600 miles, so I'm hoping it gets better. Right now I get 10-12 around town. I got 11.3 towing my 21' boat to the Avi and back last weekend. My engine is all stock too.

boater012
05-23-2006, 03:32 AM
Man, I wish I could get that kind of mileage. I have the DR 4.5" lift with 315/70/17 tires. I only have 7600 miles, so I'm hoping it gets better. Right now I get 10-12 around town. I got 11.3 towing my 21' boat to the Avi and back last weekend. My engine is all stock too.
Mine was getting the same (10-12) until I started getting some miles on it. seemed like right at eh 10k mark it jumped up a few mpg and then again at the 12k mark!!!! I just hit my little button last bight flying down the freeway headed home and it said i was getting 17.2 and thats going 90-95 keeping up with socal traffic!!!! I cut my muffler off and put in a piece of straight pipe, that seemed to help quite a bit too. good lcuk. btw with the hypertech completely off my mileage goes down!!

Panic Button
05-23-2006, 06:10 AM
We have an 06 CC Dually 6.0, love it! Towboss rocks and even with the 4.30 gears gets a little over 11mpg towing the 11K Cig, and can't really tell the boat is back there. Little over 3k miles on it and the mpg seems to get better each fill up.

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 06:10 AM
I have an F350 03'. Other than the the initial problems when it was new it has been trouble free. I have 40K.

NOTALENT
05-23-2006, 06:13 AM
Its a ford.....enough said.... :crossx: Call Jay and man up....pickup a chevy! :rollside:

Fountainduo
05-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Had an 03 7.3 37's with a hypertech programer. Ran great, but didnt have the nuts to get up steep hills pulling a 10 thousand pound boat. Was great besides that....no problems. Now have a 05 dually 4x4 and dont even feel the boat back there....no problems from it either

Eliminator 4 Life
05-23-2006, 06:45 AM
Ur still driving that bucket :mad:

Eliminator 4 Life
05-23-2006, 06:56 AM
meaniam I never met you and Im gonna save you alot of time on your life I have owned all of the big three diesels ford gmc and dodge. I have been throught this all and it is alog process so instead of you going through it just listen to what I have to say. The fords are awesome from room to looks but with 60 service bulletins open on them it is not something I would want to take a chance on. And I know there are some that dont have problems at all. I just have been there and I didnt like the way I was treated in the lemon law process. GMC was a great truck not much room nice luxurious options didnt really feel like I was driving a truck compared to the ford. I had injector issues and I took the truck back and back and back and finally after my attorney was hired they wanted to start replacing injectors kinda to late tight ass general motors. Then there buy back process was 10times worst then fords atleast ford reimbursed me for tint grill and leveling kit. I didnt get squat from GM. Now Im on my dodge I have had it for almost 5 months almost 10k miles on it the room is unreal not as luxurious inside but its a truck. Im not to happy with dodges process on when u take ur truck in for waranty stuff they dont give you a vehicle kinda cheap but im hoping it wont be at the dealership ever. It was there for a leak around the seal of the front diff easy fix new ring gasket. So after that I have no problems and the cummins motor has proven itself for years. Im sure this truck with breakdown before the motor goes. I hope this helps you.

Nubbs
05-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately, yes. Other than the constant oil leak, it's a great pickup.

Nubbs
05-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately, yes. Other than the constant oil leak, it's a great pickup. Ford gets their final chance to look at it Thursday.

meaniam
05-23-2006, 08:28 AM
meaniam I never met you and Im gonna save you alot of time on your life I have owned all of the big three diesels ford gmc and dodge. I have been throught this all and it is alog process so instead of you going through it just listen to what I have to say. The fords are awesome from room to looks but with 60 service bulletins open on them it is not something I would want to take a chance on. And I know there are some that dont have problems at all. I just have been there and I didnt like the way I was treated in the lemon law process. GMC was a great truck not much room nice luxurious options didnt really feel like I was driving a truck compared to the ford. I had injector issues and I took the truck back and back and back and finally after my attorney was hired they wanted to start replacing injectors kinda to late tight ass general motors. Then there buy back process was 10times worst then fords atleast ford reimbursed me for tint grill and leveling kit. I didnt get squat from GM. Now Im on my dodge I have had it for almost 5 months almost 10k miles on it the room is unreal not as luxurious inside but its a truck. Im not to happy with dodges process on when u take ur truck in for waranty stuff they dont give you a vehicle kinda cheap but im hoping it wont be at the dealership ever. It was there for a leak around the seal of the front diff easy fix new ring gasket. So after that I have no problems and the cummins motor has proven itself for years. Im sure this truck with breakdown before the motor goes. I hope this helps you.
]
i was asking this ? for my brother who was on his way to buy the truck i was working on talking him out of it. as i think 700 for a truck is fricken nuts. and ford out when i was young. and transmission fuel pumps and injection problems seem to be fords way of doing things. when the fuel regulator leaked and cuaght the damn thing on fire i was doing a victory dance as i was now done with ford.
as far as dodge goes i was a assistant service manager for a dodge dealer. and dodge dont like to pay for shit. i chose to stand up for the customers and had the factory rep pissed i knew it would cost me my job. but didnt care. as dodge just makes a shitty diesel truck with injetor pumps head gaskets, rear axles and electronics. i would say dodge just sucks ass. and the customer support blows to. did you know that cummings can and will refuse your warrenty if the engine fails and you use non oem oil filters (fram)
was specifically named. they state filter fails. i call bullshit but that is what they said.
i worked for chevy and heard nothing but good things from my customers. havent heard much bad or any bad on duramax or the allison trans. i am die hard chevy. and this is what i recommend but i have seen electrical problem with chevy trucks wtf. nobody makes a good truck

Panic Button
05-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Its a ford.....enough said.... :crossx: Call Jay and man up....pickup a chevy! :rollside:
If I could have got $12K off the price I would have gone with a chevy. Ford D plan was the way to go fo me.

Eliminator 4 Life
05-23-2006, 09:24 AM
]
i was asking this ? for my brother who was on his way to buy the truck i was working on talking him out of it. as i think 700 for a truck is fricken nuts. and ford out when i was young. and transmission fuel pumps and injection problems seem to be fords way of doing things. when the fuel regulator leaked and cuaght the damn thing on fire i was doing a victory dance as i was now done with ford.
as far as dodge goes i was a assistant service manager for a dodge dealer. and dodge dont like to pay for shit. i chose to stand up for the customers and had the factory rep pissed i knew it would cost me my job. but didnt care. as dodge just makes a shitty diesel truck with injetor pumps head gaskets, rear axles and electronics. i would say dodge just sucks ass. and the customer support blows to. did you know that cummings can and will refuse your warrenty if the engine fails and you use non oem oil filters (fram)
was specifically named. they state filter fails. i call bullshit but that is what they said.
i worked for chevy and heard nothing but good things from my customers. havent heard much bad or any bad on duramax or the allison trans. i am die hard chevy. and this is what i recommend but i have seen electrical problem with chevy trucks wtf. nobody makes a good truck
U are probably right about the dodges since you used to be the man there. Guys like you are hard to find that stand up for their customers. I take my truck to the dealership for oil changes so if I ever have a problem this mega cab, it will be so far up there a$$ they will wish dodge never made a cab bigger then the quad cab. But I agree with the major US car manufactures just arent holding there end of the bargain wait tell toyota makes a diesel.

Eliminator 4 Life
05-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately, yes. Other than the constant oil leak, it's a great pickup. Ford gets their final chance to look at it Thursday.
two words nubbs
DELSACK & ASSOCIATES

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 10:08 AM
]
Are you some type of Caveman? Learn how to type and spell the English language please. :mad:

GOT TINT?
05-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I have a 2006 Ford diesel 4x4 my commute is 50 miles each way from my house to my shop and then plus the miles i put on it when im doing mobile jobs i have managed to put almost 16k since i bought the truck in febuary. Its and excellent truck and gets great gas mileage, i towed my weekend warrior with all the toys and wieghed it in el centro on my way to the dunes 22,260 pounds and was averaging 13mpg for the trip. I think they all have there perks and i feel better knowing that ford treats the customers on warranty issues better then others. on the 6.0 the have had three years to get the motor right so im glad i didnt by the first year and have to worry about being the ginny pig and take a chance of sitting on the side of the road.

LOWRIVER2
05-23-2006, 11:19 AM
I have an 04 F250 4X4, 6' Donahoe lift/37" tires/ RBP turbo back exh. 28k on it.
I took the Banks system off after I saw the heads blow up on a friend's truck at 20k.
Mine has been in for leaks on four separate occasions/ all covered by warranty but truck was in shop for total of 7 days.
Bottom line:
The 6.0's are fine if you leave them stock, they simply can't handle the extra HP of a tuner as the heads have only ten bolts. The Dmax has 15. The new Dmax costs more but if performance is priority, you can't beat them or the Allison. The Ford does have more room and a solid front axle for off road but how many guys still really push their 40K + trucks off road where a solid axle really is needed over the IFS?
I've never heard of Dodge having decent customer service over the last 20 years in Ca. Those trucks are good but they need to step up on handling repairs.
Ford diesels are everywhere in construction cause they're the cheapest. In stock form, you'll be okay. Otherwise, I'd recommend the Dmax.
Also,if you go with the Ford, buy a Mag Hytec trans pan and rear diff. cover, the ford rearends heat up too much and these units really help. I have'nt seen a stock Super Duty Diesel rear end cover yet that was not rusted from the paint peeling off due to heat.

SUPERDUTYRHINO
05-23-2006, 02:24 PM
04' F250 6.0L, no problems other than the service bulletins. All my friends and family drive diesels, they all have some problems My brothers Cummin's tranny is slippin, my neighbors Duramax had injector problems; he sold it; now his Super Duty has an oil leak. What can you do?

Beer-30
05-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Enough about the diesels - he asked what kind of GAS mileage, so he is obviously looking at the V-10. :boxed:

canuck1
05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Yep...buy the Dmax.....2 front ends, 1 tranfer case, 1 motor, way too many injectors to count......Great truck for an 05 :rolleyes: .........I'd hate to see what it would be like if it actually pulled something
And this is the truck that GM gave me to replace my 04 POS