PDA

View Full Version : Finally Hit the Water

hulshot
05-14-2002, 10:06 PM
After 5 months of prep I finally hit the water with my new HCB 26. Still in the early stages of dialling it in. I'll post pics when I get them. After first shake down run everything looked ok for a 3/4 throttle pass, not bad 104
@ about 5600 on flat to rippled water. Did a plug check double checked timing and ran the next pass at about full throttle, 5psi of boost at 6100 but missed the mph. Sure felt alot faster maybe close to 110 but who knows. Now I'll start slowly bumping up the boost to add more power. I'm going to try to make it to the Berryessa Hot Boat Bash on the 18/19 of May
Got a Question for you guys. I've never mixed fuel before, I have always run straight whatever. I am mixing Californias great 91 octane with 114 unical. I am running 5 psi boost and am cutting the fuel to 10% race gas. When I go to 8-10 psi what should I be mixing at?? Can any one help with this. I know ther is alot of pump gas blower motors that are also mixing fuels.

HavasuDreamin'
05-15-2002, 05:56 AM
Error on the conservative side, mix 50/50!

faster
05-15-2002, 09:08 AM
You gotta posts a pick. what kind of Horsepower are you running, my guess is about 850? what Prop, Drive and gear set? I'd really like to know as I have a very comparable bottom.

FastCats
05-15-2002, 03:10 PM
Right on Dreamin, always over estimate and you won't go wrong!

hulshot
05-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Faster I'm still tring to figure out how to get them from the desk top to the posts, I'm kinda lost with this computer stuff.
Also the motor puts out just over 1000 hp to the crank and probably about 850 to 900 at the prop. I'm still triing props, so far a 30 pitch bravo 4 blade is the only one I have run, being I have only been out once. The drive is a shaky but OK for its time, it is a
Teague Planinum with 1:36 gears. I am sure I will be upgrading to a XR in the near future, but until then I will nurse this one along. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed every time out.
Faster what kind of ride do yu have?? I know there is another HCB guy out there and he goes by 26 HCB on the posts. He also runs a very similar combo and I could get some suggestions from him.
HD I know 50% would be great but Wow what a cost to fill up to 80 gallons. That will be an eye opener, so I better not let the WIFE go durring fill up or it will be my last time out. Just to let you know it would be approx 280 to fill up. Man I'm already sweating.
I'm jazzed Lets go run and play!!!!!!!!! Its been tooo long. Whos up in Northern cal?

hulshot
05-15-2002, 08:26 PM
[IMG]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead/Motors/Drives/side[IMG].jpg

hulshot
05-15-2002, 08:35 PM
how can I get the image from the gearhead gallery to the posts????

CrazyHippy
05-15-2002, 09:14 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/side.JPG
BJH

hulshot
05-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Swwweeeeetttt, Crazy hippy your the man. How in the H--- did you do it?? This is the 26 HCB above. Disreguard the nickerson part its old. I will have more picts this weekend of the motor and others, hopfully I can either figure it out or get help on posting them. Anyone up in northern cal around Sac or Disco Bay???

faster
05-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Sweet Ride!!
[This message has been edited by faster (edited May 15, 2002).]

hulshot
05-20-2002, 01:56 PM
Took it out again but the day ended in misery. Blew the Teague Platinum drive. It only had 2.5 hours on it.
Called Teague to get some prices on an XR upgraded drive. Tell me how they can say 8900.00+ for their drives but when you look at ***boat features on boats they test it says standard with 500hp and XZ drive and boat as tested has upgraded XR Teague drive (5100.00) Why is there such a price difference from magazine to private customers?