PDA

View Full Version : Boat ramps and stupid people piss me off!

Gilligan
05-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Why do people start backing their boats in and stop to put the drain plug in, load the cooler, put sunscreen on the kids, check their engine oil, remove the straps, ect. :mad: Why canÂ’t the dumb bastards do that before they get to the ramp and not hold up the people trying to launch??? :mad:
Does this crap happen in AZ or is it just an Indiana thing? I am so happy I have a slip this year!! :)

voodoomedman
05-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Why do people start backing their boats in and stop to put the drain plug in, load the cooler, put sunscreen on the kids, check their engine oil, remove the straps, ect. :mad: Why canÂ’t the dumb bastards do that before they get to the ramp and not hold up the people trying to launch??? :mad:
Does this crap happen in AZ or is it just an Indiana thing? I am so happy I have a slip this year!! :)
They just want to make sure a three hour tour doesn't turn into a 7 trip to a desert island!!!!!

Gilligan
05-22-2006, 07:08 AM
They just want to make sure a three hour tour doesn't turn into a 7 trip to a desert island!!!!!
The SS minnow is already moored at the dock!! :rollside: No problems there. :yuk:

donzi5150
05-22-2006, 07:21 AM
I had an idiot in Florida that pulled in the ramp after me. I pulled to the outside of the ramp to allow other people to load their boat. They stayed inside the slip. I was starting to back my trailer in since I was there first expecting the passengers to move the boat. They started to yell at me and I politely said that I was there first with the trailer and that they needed to move. About that time the owner pulled up and started yelling at me from his truck. There was no common sense at play with these morons! As this started to escalate I stepped out of my truck preparing to fight these three idiots and the guy in the truck jumped out and I immediately noticed his left arm was amputated from above the elbow. I politely got back in my truck and advised him to learn about boat launch ramp etiquette........ :mad:

BADBLOWN572
05-22-2006, 07:25 AM
If you can not be in and out within 5 min (max) get the F*#K out of my way!
I hate it when people use the launch ramp as thier own loading area. If you don't know what you are doing, figure it out somewhere else!!!
No it is not just an Indiana thing. There are idiots all over!

voodoomedman
05-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Seriously though. There are idiots at most of the ramps in Havasu and on Mohave. We launch early and pull out early to avoid the crowds and idiots. On holiday weekends we won't even launch on Saturday and then on Sunday and Monday we drive south of town to an undisclosed location and launch where there really aren't idiots.

Roaddogg 4040
05-22-2006, 07:26 AM
What is the m,atter with you? You could have taken the one armed guy easy!!! :) :cry: :cry: :cry:
Steve

donzi5150
05-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Easy, yes, even with both arms........but It was just one of those moments when you think is this really worth it! Also, prior to that moment I was preparing to take on three.......

Beer Factor
05-22-2006, 07:31 AM
I've always said that someday i will get my video camera and take it to the ramp on a busy weekend. I've seen some pretty funny shiat by some dumb people.

donzi5150
05-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Thats was my fear! Being an ex special operations combat veteran and an ex officer this was the most scared I have ever been! :rollside:

Kachina26
05-22-2006, 07:47 AM
I hate it when people use the launch ramp as thier own loading area. If you don't know what you are doing, figure it out somewhere else!!!
5 minutes?! You are a patient man, my friend. 1 minute should get the boat backed the engine fired and settled into a nice idle, then dip and go. Unless you have a turbo or something that needs a little time to warm up.

Warlockjer
05-22-2006, 07:56 AM
We don't even take our boat out on the weekends, but I sure have a good time at the ramp watching people launch. Met some pretty interesting people who do the same. Windsor and site 6. I tell people I'm going to my job. What a kick :) :)

NautiTwins
05-22-2006, 07:57 AM
5 min??? Are you kidding me. We had a stop watch on us on Sat. night, as a bet and we had the trailer in the water and loaded and pulled clear of the water in 45 sec.

jkh04200
05-22-2006, 08:09 AM
I'm with ya Nautitwins.
I always fire it up ath the house. Make sure everythings operating correctly, pull into the parking lot load all the necessities in the boat. Load the kids, all is ready. I back it down, g/f fires it up, backs off and I'm gone.

Gilligan
05-22-2006, 08:13 AM
5 min??? Are you kidding me. We had a stop watch on us on Sat. night, as a bet and we had the trailer in the water and loaded and pulled clear of the water in 45 sec.
45 sec is not as easy with a carb!! I need a little warm up time. :)
One dude was changing his distributor on his jet boat. Right in front of the DO NOT PARK sign in the turn around area. :mad: :rolleyes:

BADBLOWN572
05-22-2006, 08:14 AM
I will give them 5 min before I am ready to kill them. For us, it usually takes us around 1:30 from the time we start backing up until the time that the boat is floating.

Jordy
05-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Now that my boat bitch has his own boat and none of the girls I go with are comfortable backing the trailer, I tend to have to do everything myself. It's pretty sad that I can string fenders, dock lines, pull the straps, load the girls (all in the ready area, not on the ramp) and be in the water, off the trailer, tied on the dock and back to my truck in less time than it takes some of these morons to do it when there are a couple of them working on it. :D
Boat Bitch and I used to knock it out in about 30 seconds on the ramp, and that included pulling the transom straps and loading the girls up. It's not rocket science people!!! :D :D :D

HM
05-22-2006, 08:21 AM
These are the same people that go to a busy gas station and decide to do their weekly shopping with their car parked at the pump, without even having the pump hose attached to their car. Then, when they finally decide to pump the gas, it turns out they have never pumped gas before and it takes them about 15-20 minutes just to put $10 in their car after making several trips in to see the cashier.
BTW - BadBlown, I saw your dad at Elsinore a few weeks ago with the 18 footer. Very nice!

WYRD
05-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Interesting thread :idea: :rollside:

572Daytona
05-22-2006, 08:22 AM
I usually take my sweet time, making sure there are no leaks, etc. But then again the ramp I use typically looks like this :)
http://www.sammythieme.com/Dscn0698e.jpg

Jbb
05-22-2006, 08:23 AM
RD SUX................ :p

Jbb
05-22-2006, 08:32 AM
I usually take my sweet time, making sure there are no leaks, etc. But then again the ramp I use typically looks like this :)
Exactly why I joined the Yacht club years ago...I gave up on public ramps a long time ago...they make my head turn purple and hurt.... :p

MR HARLEY
05-22-2006, 08:45 AM
I wonder why , got any pics :D

Cheap Thrills
05-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Me too :p http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127Keowee_ramp.jpg
There have been times when the lot is full esp. on holliday weekends. :rolleyes:
C.T. :wink:

MrsSigEpMock
05-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Maybe it's just you WYRD? :wink: but you did get over 4K!!! :crossx:

Not So Fast
05-22-2006, 09:18 AM
You want to see something amazing just be here next weekend (Memorial Day) at Windsor Ramp on Havasu. By 7:30 last year there was a line to launch that was past Hwy 95 (about 3/4 mile or more), I'm guessing about at least 60 to 75 boats waiting to launch, you talk about a cluster f--k. And then at evening time I watch the pick up of boats after a day of sun and beverage that,well, it is beyond describing, very entertaining to say the least :rolleyes: Can it get any worse, hard to imagine, see you there Warlocjer :) NSF

OutCole'd
05-22-2006, 09:23 AM
You want to see something amazing just be here next weekend (Memorial Day) at Windsor Ramp on Havasu. By 7:30 last year there was a line to launch that was past Hwy 95 (about 3/4 mile or more), I'm guessing about at least 60 to 75 boats waiting to launch, you talk about a cluster f--k. And then at evening time I watch the pick up of boats after a day of sun and beverage that,well, it is beyond describing, very entertaining to say the least :rolleyes: Can it get any worse, hard to imagine, see you there Warlocjer :) NSF
Have I ever told you I love the Islander?? :)

mbrown2
05-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Private launch ramps are cool! :)

JB in so cal
05-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Have I ever told you I love the reacharound?? :)
:220v: :220v:
Yikes!

MrsSigEpMock
05-22-2006, 09:30 AM
I heard site 6 is the most entertaining for the local folks to pack a chest and cart over. There is at least some protection by the chain link for the "heckler section!" :argue:

HM
05-22-2006, 09:35 AM
I had a lady scream at me one evening at Elsinore. I just pulled my boat out of the water, but only a couple feet. I was wiping down my boat and so forth. The ramp is like 15 boats wide or so (Elsinore West). It was also just after sunset. There is one truck in the parking lot with a trailer. The boat that belonged to that truck pulled up and a lady got out of the boat and proceeded to yell at me for blocking the ramp.
I looked around at the vacant ramp with more than a dozen spots open to pull her boat out. I wasn't even next to a dock. I said a few things but she had the f'you machine running at full speed so I just ignored her and kept wiping down my boat. She pulled her boat out right next to me and tried get as close as she could acting like I was blocking her. She got the f-you machine into rull speed again, and I just looked at the rest of the people in the boat and smiled. They looked as embarassed as shit.

riverbound
05-22-2006, 09:44 AM
I actually find idiots at the ramp quite entertaining.....pop open a coldie and sit on the deck and laugh :D
I guess thats the benefit when the ramp is about 50 ft. from our house.

Gilligan
05-22-2006, 09:46 AM
i like that cus sometime i like to have 45 beer bongs and a couple shots why out on the water :cool:
Who drives the truck and trailer? :)

1978 Rogers
05-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Did you walk up and tell them they were holding up the line and they should have done all this in the parking lot? Sometimes you have to tell people when they are doing something stupid, or they never get it.

topless
05-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I had a lady scream at me one evening at Elsinore. I just pulled my boat out of the water, but only a couple feet. I was wiping down my boat and so forth. The ramp is like 15 boats wide or so (Elsinore West). It was also just after sunset. There is one truck in the parking lot with a trailer. The boat that belonged to that truck pulled up and a lady got out of the boat and proceeded to yell at me for blocking the ramp.
I looked around at the vacant ramp with more than a dozen spots open to pull her boat out. I wasn't even next to a dock. I said a few things but she had the f'you machine running at full speed so I just ignored her and kept wiping down my boat. She pulled her boat out right next to me and tried get as close as she could acting like I was blocking her. She got the f-you machine into rull speed again, and I just looked at the rest of the people in the boat and smiled. They looked as embarassed as shit.
Sorry I yelled at you. I was drunk and knew I needed extra room to get the boat out. Notice I almost hit you? Anyway, I barely remember the incident but everyone in the boat said they will never let me go to the lake with them again. Geez, I guess nobody can take a joke anymore.

WYRD
05-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Maybe it's just you WYRD? :wink: but you did get over 4K!!! :crossx:
Almost 4500 LMAO Some people need a hobby :idea: ;)

a catered life
05-22-2006, 10:20 AM
45 sec is not as easy with a carb!! I need a little warm up time. :)
One dude was changing his distributor on his jet boat. Right in front of the DO NOT PARK sign in the turn around area. :mad: :rolleyes:
i agree my carb needs to warm up but i always do it away from the ramp while my chick moves the truck to the stall..................wtf did i just do i agreed with gilligan :cry: the world is coming to a end :p

Hardly Satisfied
05-22-2006, 10:21 AM
they don't know any better

HTRDLNCN
05-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Anyone who has ever had the misfortune to drive in south florida
knows how miserable drivers are here and how rude and totally
lacking in respect people are here.
Multiply that time 100 (Florida has more boats (and less brains) per
person than any state in the union,we passed even Cali) and thats
what you can expect on a busy weekend at the boat ramp.
Every sunday you will see couple hundred people with coolers and
lawn chairs at BlackPoint marina.. What are they doing?
Well watching the spectacle what else.
Boats sinking,drunk guys hitting the dock,other baots,each
other,sinking their trucks,slipping and falling,you name it youll see it.
Best free entertainment in the state.
There are usually at LEAST one or two cruisers there and even they cant
keep order,,I have seen drunkguys go at it right in FRONT of the police
cruiser. Officer usually waits till they have beat each other into a bloody pulp
before arresting them..
In conclusion,,you guys dont have it that bad..

Gilligan
05-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Did you walk up and tell them they were holding up the line and they should have done all this in the parking lot? Sometimes you have to tell people when they are doing something stupid, or they never get it.
Yes I do tell them that there is a place up on the hill for loading. :argue: They always look at me like I am an Asshole. :rolleyes:

Gilligan
05-22-2006, 10:36 AM
i agree my carb needs to warm up but i always do it away from the ramp while my chick moves the truck to the stall..................wtf did i just do i agreed with gilligan :cry: the world is coming to a end :p
:2purples:

rrrr
05-22-2006, 10:37 AM
I always tell people to move their shit. Politely, of course.
It never fails, the idiots get rude and abusive.
Hmmmm, taser time. :crossx: :220v: :220v:

Gilligan
05-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I always tell people to move their shit. Politely, of course.
It never fails, the idiots get rude and abusive.
Hmmmm, taser time. :crossx: :220v: :220v:
Ya, they always think you are the idiot for telling them there is place to load your boat. :rolleyes:
One summer we had a bad storm and we were all lining up to pull our boats out. So what does this fool do? He pulls out his boat about 5 feet from the water then starts handing his cooler and other belongings to his wife. :mad: If I only had my Glock. :hammerhea

Not So Fast
05-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Have I ever told you I love the Islander?? :)
Enough already :) NSF

HavaSkank
05-22-2006, 10:59 AM
My dad made sure I could back a trailer by the age of 13 and by God I made sure the fruit of my loins could do it too.
Now we switch up, depending on the mood. At 16 she's a seasoned Skipper and we can pull from the top of the ramp and be floating and pulling away in under 2 minutes. The old goats at Havasu Marina appreciate watching a couple chicks effectively and efficiently launch better than the $100 k boats attached to Hummers.
I'd yell "CHICKS RULE" right 'bout now, but it would make me sound very bulldyke'ish...so I wont

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 11:06 AM
My dad made sure I could back a trailer by the age of 13 and by God I made sure the fruit of my loins could do it too.
Now we switch up, depending on the mood. At 16 she's a seasoned Skipper and we can pull from the top of the ramp and be floating and pulling away in under 2 minutes. The old goats at Havasu Marina appreciate watching a couple chicks effectively and efficiently launch better than the $100 k boats attached to Hummers.
I'd yell "CHICKS RULE" right 'bout now, but it would make me sound very bulldyke'ish...so I wont
I believe it...Todd969's wife is very good with the boat in the marina or in and out of a slip.

Phat Matt
05-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Boat Bitch and I used to knock it out in about 30 seconds on the ramp, and that included pulling his pants down. :D :D :D
Homo. :D

Jordy
05-22-2006, 11:32 AM
I am a Homo. :D
Don't worry Matt, we already knew. Goldi is a great cover up until you're ready to come out with it. :D :D :D