PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Boat Fans

BoatFloating
05-22-2006, 09:12 AM
So in the new Hot Boat mag did you see an ad for Exile Boats (page 89) at 1631 Pomona Rd?????? Address of Carrera and Aftershock show room. Well it seems the Casillas brothers are now making these boats at the MFG facility of Carrera and Aftershock. The Casillas' brothers do great gel and lay up work so this should be a great addition.
Very interesting turn of events. www.exileboats.com
:)

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 09:13 AM
interesting...hope it works out for Joel and the Casillas'
as for Jerry Van Beek...well I ain't goin' there

BoatFloating
05-22-2006, 09:17 AM
interesting...hope it works out for Joel and the Casillas'
as for Jerry Van Beek...well I ain't goin' there
Jerry's something else alright....... :crossx:

socalmofo
05-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Joel is a P.O.S.
I had a boat on order with Genesis. He took the boat I have always dreamed of having, finally was able to afford it, had trips planned, and he takes it in the middle of the night. I ended up getting a bigger, better boat but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth knowing that someone has the boat I was thrilled to be getting.
You guys all think Joel is a good guy, He must be a great guy when he makes a customer of his have to tell his family they are now NOT getting the boat they were all so excited to have. What a good guy. I hope his business fails and I hope I don't see his fat ass on the water or I would love to have some words with him. He should have handled it behind the scenes and delivered boats as promised and settled his issues elsewhere.

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Joel is a P.O.S.
I had a boat on order with Genesis. He took the boat I have always dreamed of having, finally was able to afford it, had trips planned, and he takes it in the middle of the night. I ended up getting a bigger, better boat but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth knowing that someone has the boat I was thrilled to be getting.
You guys all think Joel is a good guy, He must be a great guy when he makes a customer of his have to tell his family they are now NOT getting the boat they were all so excited to have. What a good guy. I hope his business fails and I hope I don't see his fat ass on the water or I would love to have some words with him. He should have handled it behind the scenes and delivered boats as promised and settled his issues elsewhere.
:220v: :idea:
sorry to hear that man :(

socalmofo
05-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks man!
Maybe I shouldn't be so bitter as I got away from Genesis right before all this happens but it still sucks because I'm sure the boat I ordered will be an exile soon.
The kicker is I talked to Joel the DAY he left with my boat. I told him how this is the boat I have always wanted, and I was so excited that day. He kept telling me how awesome it turned out and then that night he snags it. He even told me he would try and rush it for my upcoming trip. Talk about a good liar! Very unfortunate!

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks man!
Maybe I shouldn't be so bitter as I got away from Genesis right before all this happens but it still sucks because I'm sure the boat I ordered will be an exile soon. It's like someone stole your car and keeps driving it down your street.
was it already out of the mold?

socalmofo
05-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Yep! I went to see it on a Thursday when it had just came out of the mold and he took it that night. So I got to see it and then poof - Gone!

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Yep! I went to see it on a Thursday when it had just came out of the mold and he took it that night. So I got to see it and then poof - Gone!
oh that sucks...
is your other boat finished?

socalmofo
05-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes. I ended up buying a boat in stock from another company.

HMF'er
05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Did you get your money back?

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Yes. I ended up buying a boat in stock from another company.
:cool:

Kilrtoy
05-22-2006, 11:06 AM
This is gonna get good

dicudmore
05-22-2006, 11:07 AM
This is gonna get good
I think I am bowing out right here...

Jyruiz
05-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Man, sorry to hear that, I would be real mad if that happened to me too.

wedge44
05-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Funny how thay 23' exile looks just like my 04 Ultra 23 XS, one of the last I bought from JW thru big John in corona, Back when it was just John d. and "BOB' eating pizza in front of Tom Papp old shop.... :D :D :D

DCBDaytona
05-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Funny how thay 23' exile looks just like my 04 Ultra 23 XS, one of the last I bought from JW thru big John in corona, Back when it was just John d. and "BOB' eating pizza in front of Tom Papp old shop.... :D :D :D
LOL...This mold has had a lot of names over the last decade...
Mid 90's - 22 Extreme - Eliminator
Late 90's - 22 Extreme - DCB
2000's - 23xs - Ultra
2000's - 23 genesis
Now - 23 Exile
When will it ever stop??? :)

wedge44
05-22-2006, 11:49 AM
ALL IN ALL....it's a great handling hull...I do love it....Wedge

Dan Lorenze
05-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Socalmofo, what did the boat you had on order look like? Was it blue and white?

socalmofo
05-22-2006, 12:40 PM
This is the boat I had on order.http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/uploads/post-103-1144180233_thumb.jpg

Mrs.HLB
05-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Joel is a P.O.S.
Sorry you had to go thru that. It sucks.. We bought a Genesis a couple of years ago and are very happy with the boat and the Cassilla family.. I hope everything works out for you. We now have to deal with Jerry so I don't know how that is going to work out if we ever need him from what everyone is saying.. Congrats on your new boat and post a pic!!
Mrs.HLB