PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Law enforcement on the water

Tom Brown
05-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Here is a hypothetical law enforcement situation to think about.
What if there existed a lake, on which the police would not take away our fun? That is, they don't enforce minor crime.
- No noise rules -> be as loud with your engine/stereo/screams of ecstasy as you like
- No alcohol rules - > BUI? What's that. Be as drunk as you like and drive... or use a DD... whatever... nobody cares
- No nudity rules -> Not only can anyone and everyone be as naked as they like, they can copulate wherever they like too.
- No speed limits... anywhere! -> 100+ mph with only your legs on the wheel? You da man! No wake zones don't exist on this lake.
- No safety inspections -> Your safety is your own responsibility.
On this hypothetical lake, the only thing law enforcement would look into is hard core crime like murder, boat theft, etc.
Would you prefer to boat on a lake such as this or would you prefer to boat on a body of water with active enforcement of all current regulations?

Kilrtoy
05-22-2006, 11:37 AM
I'll keep my lake......

Jbb
05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
What if there existed a lake, on which the police would not take away our fun? That is, they don't enforce minor crime.
- No noise rules -> be as loud with your engine/stereo/screams of ecstasy as you like
- No alcohol rules - > BUI? What's that. Be as drunk as you like and drive... or use a DD... whatever... nobody cares
- No nudity rules -> Not only can anyone and everyone be as naked as they like, they can copulate wherever they like too.
- No speed limits... anywhere! -> 100+ mph with only your legs on the wheel? You da man! No wake zones don't exist on this lake.
On this hypothetical lake, the only thing law enforcement would look into is hard core crime like murder, boat theft, etc.
Would you prefer to boat on a lake such as this or would you prefer to boat on a body of water with active enforcement of all current regulations?
works for me.........Anarchy rules........ :p

Tom Brown
05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
I'll keep my lake......
I'll score that as a vote for the establishment. :idea:

Jordy
05-22-2006, 11:40 AM
That's how Parker was and then RD came in and ruined it for everyone. :mad: :mad: :D
RD SUX!!!! :D :D :D

HMF'er
05-22-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't think any of the usual whiners would elect to go to the hypothetical lake.

Tom Brown
05-22-2006, 11:43 AM
works for me.........Anarchy rules........ :p
I'm going to have to ask RiverDave for a call on this one. :idea:

LOWRIVER2
05-22-2006, 11:49 AM
This place already exists,
It's called the Lower River.
I've only seen CRIT PD on jet skis once on average per holiday weekend over last two years. Riverside County runs the overtime 8 man walk through Lost Lake. Other than that, it's still zoomies and stereo's up on the water.

No Name
05-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I would prefer a lake with rules and regulations, with the exception of the loud exhaust rule. My boat is not even that loud yet I still received a 150.00 ticket for it.
Thanks LHC :mad:

lucky
05-22-2006, 11:50 AM
i was just excited as tom used the word Poll >

CARLSON-JET
05-22-2006, 12:18 PM
I saw that lake in a movie with Rodney Dangerfield. The specifics are not enough for me to vote in this poll as nothing was said about the use of fully automatic firearms. R.B.

H20 Toie
05-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Sounds like San Felipe except it is the ocean not a lake

HavaSkank
05-22-2006, 12:48 PM
You mean I could be butt ass naked, wasted AND loud? Sounds like my Prom night

Boat Loan Guy
05-22-2006, 12:57 PM
This place already exists,
It's called the Lower River.
I've only seen CRIT PD on jet skis once on average per holiday weekend over last two years. Riverside County runs the overtime 8 man walk through Lost Lake. Other than that, it's still zoomies and stereo's up on the water.
Last year they had a boat out in front of the entrance of lost lake just sitting there watching people, I have never seen any PD on jet skies though.
On the 4th myself and fiance feed about 8 of the cops dinner the ended up being way cool and had my back for the rest of the weekend..

LOWRIVER2
05-22-2006, 11:53 PM
I think the CRIT were launching out of Big river when I saw them. I watched them from Wheeler and from Riverview. they rode up to the dam each time, played in the area restricted for everyone else, and cruised southbound. I never have seen them stop anyone.
I do recall one DUI stop at shell beach just south of Lost Lake back in 99, the guy got arrested after he collided his ski with that rock that's exposed on the bend just south of Lost Lake.

sorry dog
05-23-2006, 05:53 AM
I'm all for Tom's nudist colony lake...except for all that snow and ice and shit.

Jbb
05-23-2006, 05:59 AM
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/caddycruisedirector.jpg

RiverDave
05-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Sounds like Parker from the 70's, 80's & early 90's.. ;) So I guess Tom.. Yes I would boat on that lake! And yes people did die, and most of the time it was darwinism.. Some of the time there were some unfortunate casualties (cases where they took out other people around/with them) but as the old saying goes.
Do you remember when Racing was Dangerous and Sex was Safe?
It was a dangerous place, and some people (actually alot of people) did die over the years. Guess what though.. It still is a dangerous place (albeit the stats are down from back then) you can still get killed just as easily out there as you could've back then. I question how an exhaust noise law "saves lives." Point in fact, I question alot of the OUI laws save lives as well. I think experience (or lack there of) far out ways "minor" (read it again, I said "MINOR") impairment, and as others have said.. Those places still do exist down on the lower river. ;)
RD