PDA

View Full Version : Info Needed on Canyon Deck Boat?

superV
05-23-2006, 05:32 AM
I have a friend looking at a 1990 Canyon 28' deck boat that the owner claims was a 1990 Hot Boat Cover Boat?I know nothing about canyon deck boats.It is a tunnel? I know of Smaller V-Drives but never have I heard of a tunnel deck from canyon. I also think it might have been called a etiquette? Any info would be great.Its a I/O with a 330 454 so I am sure it is under powered.

ULTRA28
05-23-2006, 07:53 AM
I don't believe the two Canyon companies were related. The deck boat company was around in the early 1990s. They had three models, a 21, 24 and 28. They were real low profile deck boats. Yes, they were tunnels. They usually had a radar arch on them that doubled as part of the bimini top. They changed the name to Silhoutte in the mid 90s. They were built in Arizona. I believe they went out of business by 95 and the molds were sold to a San Diego company that also used the Silhoutte name. It too was short lived. I hope that helps.

superV
05-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks John.A buddy of mine that is looking at the boat may give you a call.His name is Ed. I told him he should just buy a Ultra :crossx:

Mike J
06-11-2006, 06:50 PM
The last time I had contact Silhoutte Boats was in Santee CA. in the San Diego area but that was over 2 years ago, I will check and see if they are still around.
Mike J.