PDA

View Full Version : Who here has had a Vasectomy?

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
How was the pain on the procedure? My wife wants me to get one but I get sick to my stomach even thinking about it. http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/puke2.gif
It is either a Vasectomy, Condoms which suck, or pull out? :) What to do.... What to do... http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/ponder.gif

HM
05-23-2006, 10:43 AM
What, you think you are better than me because you have both your nuts?

Jbb
05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Depends....Ginger......Or Maryanne?

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
What, you think you are better than be because you have both your nuts?
Who is Be ****tard?

WYRD
05-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I had mine done its not too bad.....................It feels as bad as a man slicing into your nut sack with a sharp knife, if that doesn't bother you then you should be OK.
my suggestion is to make her swallow.

HM
05-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Who is Be ****tard?
typed too fast. it was supposed to be "me"
And it is a quote from Anger Management. :D

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I had mine done its not too bad.....................It feels as bad as a man slicing into your nut sack with a sharp knife, if that doesn't bother you then you should be OK.
my suggestion is to make her swallow.
Dear God!! :sqeyes:

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 10:50 AM
typed too fast. it was supposed to be "me"
And it is a quote from Anger Management. :D
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/hump2.gif

WYRD
05-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Dear God!! :sqeyes:
Honestly, the recovery wasn't that bad. Just do as they say and sit on peas for 3 days straight. My complete recovery was about two weeks. Make sure you shave your nutz completely cause trust me you dont want the fat ugly nurse with penis envy to do it for you...
On a side note, be 110% sure that you are done having kids...or store your little guys. I am 30 with two kids, I had a step son also, so I thought I was finished (I would have been except my ex wasnt finished screwing other men) When I got a divorce that left me with two kids 50% of the time and 0% of my step son. Long story short, I wouldn't mind having another child, especially if I get involved with someone whom also wants one. <--------------Thats the RIVER"DAD" coming out in me....good luck on any decision you make.
WYRD

NorCal Gameshow
05-23-2006, 10:59 AM
What, you think you are better than me because you have both your nuts?
come on Holy, He doesn't have both of anything, He's married...:D

Todd969
05-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Yep, 14yrs ago and as Shane said, just get a bag of frozen peas or corn and relax for a few days.

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Honestly, the recovery wasn't that bad. Just do as they say and sit on peas for 3 days straight. My complete recovery was about two weeks. Make sure you shave your nutz completely cause trust me you dont want the fat ugly nurse with penis envy to do it for you...
On a side note, be 110% sure that you are done having kids...or store your little guys. I am 30 with two kids, I had a step son also, so I thought I was finished (I would have been except my ex wasnt finished screwing other men) When I got a divorce that left me with two kids 50% of the time and 0% of my step son. Long story short, I wouldn't mind having another child, especially if I get involved with someone whom also wants one. <--------------Thats the RIVER"DAD" coming out in me....good luck on any decision you make.
WYRD
I am not done having kids but my wife is since she almost died during her pregnancy with twins.
Birth control for her cannot be used unless if she gets her tubes tied. With that being said, she tells me she has been though enough and I need to get fixed. But before we got married I told her I would never get a vasectomy??
Hmmmm....

moneypit
05-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Had it done... It was a walk in the park... even the part when the nurse grabbed my hydrant and swabbed it up with betadine. Honestly its no prob

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 11:03 AM
I would make sure the operating room was very warm. When I had mine done, it was like 50 degrees in there and the nurses would not stop laughing at me. Major shrinkage.

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Had it done... It was a walk in the park... even the part when the nurse grabbed my hydrant and swabbed it up with betadine. Honestly its no prob
Do they give you pain pills or anything? I blew a nut weight lifting and it was the worse pain ever. I would never want to feel that way again. :)

syke-o
got mine done in january.. sit on frozen vegies over the weekend and make sure you get some tighty whiteys to keep the boys nice and snug as you dont want them swinging around... after a couple weks all the bruising and pain pretty much went away.. i am 32 with 3 small children, so it was a pretty easy decision for me...

Gilligan
I would make sure the operating room was very warm. When I had mine done, it was like 50 degrees in there and the nurses would not stop laughing at me. Major shrinkage.
Sure blame it on the cold...... :rollside:

WYRD
05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Do they give you pain pills or anything? I blew a nut weight lifting and it was the worse pain ever. I would never want to feel that way again. :)
They num the boys up pretty well, you not scared of needles are you :crossx: :idea: :cry:

WYRD
05-23-2006, 11:07 AM
You got the "you want me to turn up the heat" comments too huh :220v: :crossx:

moneypit
05-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Yes, they will give you something for the pain that could follow. I never had any pain.

Gilligan
05-23-2006, 11:08 AM
They num the boys up pretty well, you not scared of needles are you :crossx: :idea: :cry:
No but I might be if they are going into my sac. http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/puke2.gif

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
You got the "you want me to turn up the heat" comments too huh :220v: :crossx:
Yep.... :cry:

beer truck
05-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Had mine done a few months ago, not sure if its a new tech. or not, but instead of slicing, they numb the area with a needle, and make a small puncture hole for each side. Then you are snipped, coterized, and stiched.
Zero pain in the procedure, although I did smell a burning smell during the coterizing. Recovery was about 3 days until I was able to walk and be on my feet for extended periods of time, and about two weeks before I was 100%.
The worse part was when the cute blonde brought back to the examination room for cleaning and prep, then left me in there with the ugly old amazon. No worries about embarising arousals there.
I drove home home from the procedure myself 1/2 hour after it was done, It was not a big deal.

WYRD
05-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Yep.... :cry:
I didn't say it but I was thinking "it's been so long since you have seen a "hard" one how would you know?" - damn ugly biatch :crossx:

Jyruiz
05-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Had it done last August, no big deal. I was told though to wait two hours before putting any ice on it, and not to put ice on it for more than 3 hours after that. Recovery was quick and the stitches went away on there own. I guess the worst part was when all the hair was growing back.

Throttle
05-23-2006, 11:23 AM
yep, been there dun that!
not too bad, the worse was not taking a few days to relax afterwards... went back to work too soon and was hurtin... but you will get over it!

Brady Bunch
05-23-2006, 11:46 AM
As I sit here typing my boys are a little sensitive. Just had the procedure done yesterday afternoon. No pain at all. The only thing that was uncomfortable was the nurse that prepared me for surgury was fuchkhing smoking hot. She grabbed my McGillicutty in one hand and washed the boys down with betadine with the other. The betadine is really cold. The worst part of the whole procedure is the smell from the cotarizzing (sp) the Doc does to the tubes after he snipes them. There were no stiching. The whole on each side that he made close up on there own. :rollside:
NO PAIN AT ALL......... Don't worry!

91nordic29
05-23-2006, 11:55 AM
my McGillicutty
??????ROFL :rollside:

91nordic29
05-23-2006, 11:57 AM
the newest procedure is called a "no scalpel vascectomy". i have been doing research for the hubby ;)

WYRD
05-23-2006, 11:58 AM
I am not done having kids but my wife is since she almost died during her pregnancy with twins.
Birth control for her cannot be used unless if she gets her tubes tied. With that being said, she tells me she has been though enough and I need to get fixed. But before we got married I told her I would never get a vasectomy??
Hmmmm....
With that comment I would wait or maybe freeze your swimmers for a while, you never know what lies ahead. Just a thought, after all it is YOUR body so if You are not done having kids think twice... :idea:

lewiville
05-23-2006, 12:02 PM
a few words of advice.
1. get ***boat magazine to read as the doc does the prcedure
2. dont tell your wife " now I know what it feels like to have a baby"
3. have a case of brew while watching MX

WYRD
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
a few words of advice.
1. get ***boat magazine to read as the doc does the prcedure
2. dont tell your wife " now I know what it feels like to have a baby"
3. have a case of brew while watching MX
Better words have NEVER been spoken :crossx:

lawbreaker2
05-23-2006, 12:58 PM
:jawdrop: Tell me your not awake for this, My wife has asked me to do this so I don't knock up anybody, her tubes are tied, But we like to have fun on the side if you know what I mean. :cool: And I hate condoms.

Sherpa
05-23-2006, 12:59 PM
some of the replies.............. pussies.
best thing to begin with is references........... and you don't have to sit
on frozen peas for 3 days either..........
mine was easy, didn't hurt (the local they give you is the worst, and it's
not that bad.......)
the whole thing takes like 20-30 minutes........ it's more of a weird thought
of a doctor working on you......
--Sherpa

river redy
05-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Got my wife fixed and didn't feel a thing back to work the next day :)

Nitro Neil
05-23-2006, 01:04 PM
:220v: What hurts is when they make a mistake. While they are there go ahead and get the penis enlarged it only hurts when it grows

THOR
05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
not that bad.......)
--Sherpa
Actually, you do have to sit on peas or ice. You have just had an invasive surgeries to your scrotum and ice will not only keep the swelling down but it will help with the healing and the bruising.
It doesnt feel good, but it really isnt all that bad. I had it done and felt a tad bit of the coterizing process. That wasnt fun.

Biglue
05-23-2006, 01:11 PM
This thread makes my stomach queezy and my groin tingly. :mad:

WYRD
05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
not that bad.......)
--Sherpa
Something tells me you enjoyed your prostate exam as well... :rollside: :idea: :crossx:

FASTJTBT
05-23-2006, 01:17 PM
bags of frozen peas for a few days. the worst part was when the doctor remove the duct tape from my chest. good luck

MKEELINE
05-23-2006, 01:19 PM
I just scheduled mine for, get this, the Fri. before Father's Day. :)

HMF'er
05-23-2006, 01:22 PM
It was easy and I'm glad I did it. Got to sit at home for a few days with frozen peas on my crotch and drinking beer. A bit sore for the next week or so, but it was a good feeling knowing I was done being Trojan Man.
BTW, you still need to be Trojan Man for a few weeks to clear your system out, then drop off a sample to make sure it took.

UnionJack
05-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I had one last month.... The easiest thing I have ever done, the doctor did a great job the whole thing took less then an hour. When I had my Wisdom teeth pulled out... Now that hurt, this was nothing.

SCUBA STEVE
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Did mine a few years ago. We rarely used protection and were lucky to only have one child. :) (pull out method) We felt our daughter was too old to have a sibling and we are having way to much fund to worry about another child.
Procedure done on a Friday back to work on Monday. I was walking normal again that Wed. Back at the gym after 10 days. :)
The best thing I could have done besided buy the Mrs some bolt ons!
The worst thing is when you have to go give them a sample!! Can you say embarrassing!! Hey nurse here is my jizz! lmfao!

WYRD
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Did mine a few years ago. We rarely used protection and were lucky to only have one child. :) (pull out method) We felt our daughter was too old to have a sibling and we are having way to much fund to worry about another child.
Procedure done on a Friday back to work on Monday. I was walking normal again that Wed. Back at the gym after 10 days. :)
The best thing I could have done besided buy the Mrs some bolt ons!
The worst thing is when you have to go give them a sample!! Can you say embarrassing!! Hey nurse here is my jizz! lmfao!
I just walked on in and threw mine on her "silence of the lamb" style :crossx: :crossx:

SCUBA STEVE
05-23-2006, 01:31 PM
When I had my Wisdom teeth pulled out... Now that hurt, this was nothing.
Oh that is some pain! Not to hijack the thread but I wish that pain on no one.

SCUBA STEVE
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I just walked on in and threw mine on her "silence of the lamb" style :crossx: :crossx:
lmao. I had to go buy myself a mag to get my mind in the right place. Some one even knocked on the door. I was like wtf!

THOR
05-23-2006, 01:34 PM
The post surgery test is fun. Especially when you are looking at magazines circa 1970 with chicks that are all 'natural'. :yuk:

WYRD
05-23-2006, 01:35 PM
The post surgery test is fun. Especially when you are looking at magazines circa 1970 with chicks that are all 'natural'. :yuk:
National Geographic did it for me back then... :idea: :rolleyes: :crossx:

SCUBA STEVE
Hell no I bought swank! :)

KineticoH20
How was the pain on the procedure? My wife wants me to get one but I get sick to my stomach even thinking about it. http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/puke2.gif
It is either a Vasectomy, Condoms which suck, or pull out? :) What to do.... What to do... http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/ponder.gif
Ok Here's the deal, I just had it done and like you I was freakin over a scalpal around the boys :cry: Our doctor had one of the girls give me a shot, he said it would feel like I just had 4 margarita's I said hell yea! then he told the girls to leave and it was just him and me, and to be real honest it was no big deal at all....really It was over in what seemed like 10 mins, barely felt the needles and the you feel nothing for the surgery part. when you go home after the numbness wheres off its only mild discomfort, after 2 day your god to go. Have it done on a fri so you cal just lay around all weekend, you will be back to work mon.

lawbreaker2
What do you mean by sample :frown:

THOR
05-23-2006, 01:36 PM
I kept thinking of the "Road Trip" scene when the nurse handed me the cup and magazines. I couldnt stop laughing. She got a kick out of it too.

lalhc
05-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Do it on a Friday during football season. You'll have the whole weekend to sit in your favorite chair with your favorite drink, and have everyone else do whatever you want them to do for you.

OutCole'd
05-23-2006, 01:38 PM
I brought the wife and had her spit in a cup.

2Driver
05-23-2006, 01:40 PM
No but I might be if they are going into my sac. http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/puke2.gif
Aren't you being a little whooosy about this? Did you check to see if you have balls? :rollside:

WYRD
05-23-2006, 01:40 PM
What do you mean by sample :frown:
You gotta beat your pal up til he pukes :crossx: :rollside:

UnionJack
05-23-2006, 01:42 PM
I have my test next week

ADDICTED
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Isn't it true that you can have this procedure reversed?
This was the wifes excuse as why I should do it and her not get her tubes tied.

acatitude
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I brought the wife and had her spit in a cup.
LMFAO

Mrs.Killer
05-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I have my test next week
Saw your two girls at Savage today....Already done having kids huh??

MAINEVENT
05-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Had mine done 4 yrs ago and its the best thing i could have ever done... No real pain but afterwards when you think your good to move you'll make a quick movement and you'll feel it... Had mine done on friday and worked monday "Light Duty" till weds... And Yeah Bringing in the sample was alittle embarrassing... Especially when my uroligist shared his practice with his wife a OBGYN so with a room full of woman i would stroll in taking my jizz in a cup LMAO :crossx:

91nordic29
05-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Isn't it true that you can have this procedure reversed?
This was the wifes excuse as why I should do it and her not get her tubes tied.
the procedure is alot less discomfort fo a man than for a woman to have her tubes tied, etc..
and besides the column is a little light on the men's side:
women men
cramps vascectomy
inconvenience
birth control
child bearing
menopause
hot flashes
hormonal deficiency
breast cancer (from hormone suppliments)
etc...
:rolleyes: :cool:

Jesster
05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I have a 1K deductible for elective surgeries did anybody pay for it out of pocket? How much? I should discuss it with the wife before going huh? :argue:

NeedlesNut
05-23-2006, 02:18 PM
weel said. As far as reversal is concerned it is very expensive, not covered by your medical insurance and no guarantee that the reversal will work. Reallymake sure you are done having kids prior to doing it

UnionJack
05-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Saw your two girls at Savage today....Already done having kids huh??
yes, one and done keep having fun....

Brady Bunch
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
the newest procedure is called a "no scalpel vascectomy". i have been doing research for the hubby ;)
This is the procedure that I just had yesterday. The doctor actually uses sharp scissors to make a hole on each side about the six of an eraser on a # 2 pencil. The holes close on there own so there is no need for stitches.

Brady Bunch
05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
I have a 1K deductible for elective surgeries did anybody pay for it out of pocket? How much? I should discuss it with the wife before going huh? :argue:
Did you call your insurance carrier? All I paid was my deductiable!
It would be stupid for an insurance company not to cover this procedure when you compare it to what it would cost them for a child's birth....
$75 Deductiable...... The procedure runs between $700-$900 if your insurance does not cover it.

Sherpa
05-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Something tells me you enjoyed your prostate exam as well... :rollside: :idea: :crossx:
no sir, I don't "enjoy" that at all............
And I didn't sit on a bag of frozen peas for 3 days..... more like 1 hour when
I got home, and that was it.
ALOT less pain than having teeth pulled..........

coolchange
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM
My B in law had it reversed.
I went for an in office procedure and the doc said no. To Heavy Duty. Had to go to surgery and get the chain saw. Passed out afterwards from the general anethesia and puked. Getting the wire stitches out was a pain but the scar is cool!

NashvilleBound
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Had it done several years ago....here is how it goes....
First you get shot to be numb.
Then "they" shave you.
Then REALLY sharp knife gets to cut the boys open.
Pulls out line on one side and cuts it.
(this is when you feel your eyeballs JERK back into your head)
He ties them and burns the ends....(smells like chicken)
repeat other side.
Sows you shut.
When he says dont lift anything heavy he is NOT kidding!
Next day:
Swelling starts..... and a very cool marbling effect (bruising) occurs.
Its special....one time is definitely enough!!
Enjoy;)
(I have allot more detail I left out....let me know if you want to hear it)

Brewzed
05-23-2006, 04:19 PM
I did it in 11 years ago. Best thing I ever did. I had this old hag for a nurse, then a young hottie right out of Bryman walks in and ask if she could watch since she had never seen it done before. I'm glad I was already drugged up and taped to my stomach or I might have sported wood.

SJRS1
05-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Had it done 4 years ago, I drove myself to the appointment, stop by the drive thru and got breakfast on the way home, once I was at home, I did the frozen peas and corn rotation for 3 days, back to work on monday...

Flying Tiger
05-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Took a cab there and back.
Took a Vallium and a Viccodin and 2 shots of Three generations (with breath mints) before the proceedure.
Have plenty of ice on hand and the zip loc type sandwich baggies, take two weeks off work, wear jocky type underwear, a size or two too smaller for the next 3 months.
Your ruddahbeggas will turn blue and purple,, it's normal.
The wifey missed her visit from her angry aunt from red china this month and thought it didn't work,, but the aunt made her appearance this morning.
The band-aid type of vasectomy has a chance of side effects more than the old style non reversable kind, and usually isn't covered by Pacificare and a few others.
The most important thing is that the doctor starts you on anti-biotics a few days before the proceedure.
The wifey will be appreciative,, and you'll see the difference in her moods when she gets off the pill.
get er dun!!!!!!!!!

pm069
05-23-2006, 05:01 PM
OK boys, let me tell you how it was back when your folks were thinking about it. After your SURE your not having anymore kids, and the wifes in labor with the last one, slip the doc $500.00 and tell him to do some fancy tying while he down there and do up a few stitches too (to make her...ahem, young again!). After that you find out if he did it and he says NO and your out 500 bills. It's your turn to get taken care of. Let the wife shave you, then you return the favor, and do it one time for the Gipper! Make sure none of those little swimmers get loose this time. :crossx: blah, BETADINE, blah, SSSSHHHOOOOOOTTT :cry: JFC! I hate needles! blah cut-cut tug snip, tug snip, Tug again???WTF wadda mean I got three tubes??!! snip. blah blah stich stich, "ok your done" . "Take it easy for a while you'll be fine" YEAH RIGHT. Right after I stay in bed for a week, being waited on hand and foot, ringing my bell for room service (wife and 3 girls), when I needed another beer. Only then did I start to feel better. Then you get to shoot a load for the doc and he say's it OK to go out and play again. Its like being a teenage newlywed. All night long baby. Have fun and Good luck>

tahitijet
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
I did it just over 3 years ago at 26. IT was fully coverd by my insurance. (800 dollar procedure vs 3000+ for child birth)? It is fully reversable within so many years (not sure how many) with great success.. beyond so many years the percentage of success drops quickly.
When they did mine it was 2 small holes, no stitches, Dr said i could return to work the next day and not to ice them. I had it done on friday and laid around for the weekend and returned to work monday almost 100%.
Just make sure you pack them up tight and wear tight underwear. if they start swinging it feels like your pinching your sack on a bicycle seat over and over. a month later drop off your sample to make sure it worked and go have fun :rollside:

BajaMike
05-23-2006, 11:20 PM
The valium they give you before hand gets your through it easy.....On the way to the Drs office, my girlfriend at the time, said, wow....you're really sweet when your on valium!!! :D
:idea:

Flying Tiger
05-24-2006, 05:13 AM
Ya might want to check a little closer on the Vasectomy payout.
Pacificare HMO paid all but $125 if I went to their Dr.
Vassectomy and female sterilization are a elective gray area with many plans and they'll pay a bit more than other elective proceedures.
Glad I did it.

Gilligan
05-24-2006, 05:27 AM
This thread makes my stomach queezy and my groin tingly. :mad:
Agreed!! :cry:

magic29
05-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Very little pain. The stories I heard were not true. But make sure you dont do any thing for 3 days. I was feeling very good and ended up waxing may boat the next day and I payed for it. My right ball ended up 3 or 4 times the size of the left so the recovery was a little longer the normal.

91nordic29
05-24-2006, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=Flying Tiger]Your ruddahbeggas will turn blue and purple
QUOTE]
ruddahbeggas and mc gillicutty's, you guys are killing me!!! :D :D :D

Ryphraph
05-24-2006, 09:38 AM
The most important question!
How long before you will want to "use" them again? I asked the Dr. in the consultation. He said you will know when you are ready... Is that a couple days or weeks?
Something came up and I never had the procedure. I still need to get in there.
Ryph

OutCole'd
05-24-2006, 09:41 AM
The most important question!
How long before you will want to "use" them again? I asked the Dr. in the consultation. He said you will know when you are ready... Is that a couple days or weeks?
Something came up and I never had the procedure. I still need to get in there.
Ryph
Depends on how bad you want it. Couple of days max.....

Itsahobby
05-24-2006, 10:07 AM
:D Got my wife fixed and didn't feel a thing back to work the next day :)