PDA

View Full Version : Just Heard more sad news

moneypit
05-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I just got a phone call that the passenger in the latest Ferrai crash was a patient of mine. Derek Midollo CHP officer 39 was a kind person. I treated him and his wife. I am shocked to hear this news. He was a CHP Motor officer in the San Feranado area.

sleekcraft137
05-24-2006, 09:45 PM
I just got a phone call that the passenger in the latest Ferrai crash was a patient of mine. Derek Midollo CHP officer 39 was a kind person. I treated him and his wife. I am shocked to hear this news. He was a CHP Motor officer in the San Feranado area.
Man that sucks!! I've been a member of the 11-99 foundation for years, and it always sucks to hear about officers getting hurt.

Kilrtoy
05-24-2006, 09:48 PM
I heard early in the day. He was one of the few chippies that were real down to earth cool people.
580 is taking pretty hard right now....
GODSPEED

ROZ
05-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Sorry to her it hit so close to home for you... Did he pass away at the scene, or at the hospital? It would have been nice if anyone was able to use his organs through donation. I'm sure he was that type of man.
My condolences to those involved.

Not So Fast
05-24-2006, 11:40 PM
And yet they are berated on here, hard to figure. LE deserves every cent they make and more if you ask me, and I'm talking about all LEO's, it's a very dangerous job. I cant imagine how I would feel if it was one of my sons :frown: God bless him and his family!!! NSF

Flying Tiger
05-25-2006, 03:22 AM
And yet they are berated on here, hard to figure. LE deserves every cent they make and more if you ask me, and I'm talking about all LEO's, it's a very dangerous job. I cant imagine how I would feel if it was one of my sons :frown: God bless him and his family!!! NSF
On the SFV interchanges stand two memorial signs of CHP officers I went to college with. Seemed we had most the same classes & labs at Valley College and I got to know them, and sadly attend their funerals as well.
The funerals are an eye opener to the dangers.
Death comes on wings.
If they survive to see their pensions they earned them.

THOR
05-25-2006, 05:47 AM
That sucks. From what I heard on the news, they have determined that he made an evasive maneuver (left hand swerve) and nobody knows why? I am sure the residents are being questioned pretty hard.
Sorry to hear this.

Big Warlock
05-25-2006, 08:51 AM
I was wondering about the circumstances surrounding the crash. Sad when anyone leaves this earth. God speed!

Lavey29
05-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Thankyou for saying this. It is nice to know that the good people do appreciate the efforts and sacrifices all law enforcement gives to make a difference. We usually don't get a lot of positive feedback and support from the persons we have to deal with on a regular basis. My thoughts and prayers go out to the CHP officer and his family.

RiverDave
05-25-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm certainly not one to Berate cops on here, (although I do debate with them ;) ) but honestly.. How does riding shotgun while hauling ass in a ferrari on a public street have anything to do with them having a dangerous job? Did he die in the line of duty here or something?
Two days ago when it wasn't known that he was a cop he was talked about as if he was some asshole criminal, endangering other citizens with their careless actions, and total disregard for the law. (edited out this portion.. I went back and read the thread apparently he wasn't, or the posts were deleted after finding out, berated by LEO's on here)
Now becuase of the fact that he was a cop he "He had a dangerous job etc.. etc.." He was riding in a ferrari? Not a police cruiser? He wasn't shot by some gang banger, or saving somebodies life..
My point is, He Didn't exactly die in the line of duty here.. I'm saddened to hear that he died, but I can't help but think it a tad ironic that a person that is paid to enforce traffic laws died while flagrantly (not sure if flagrantly is a strong enough word here) disobeying them?
I don't get it?
To clear up any misunderstandings before they happen.. I truly am sorry for the fact that they died, and their families/friends have my sympathies.. you'll notice in the original thread though I wasn't the one preaching oh "holier than though" on the public streets as well, while it seemed that maybe a couple that would be honoring him in this thread later on, certainly were previous to finding out about his chosen career.
RD