PDA

View Full Version : ENRON Verdict in,,

Flying Tiger
05-25-2006, 07:58 AM
To be read any minute,,,,
Skilling: guilty Fraud up to 2 counts 5 yrs on the first,, up to 25 on the second,,
Lay (a F#*ckball deluxe):Guilty all counts per CNN

Jordy
05-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Good. Hope they all rot in prison. :mad:

Jbb
05-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Good. Hope they all rot in prison. :mad:
forever................ :mad:

pjones
05-25-2006, 08:28 AM
I hope they make an example out of all involved...
They sure ruined alot of people's lives.

Not So Fast
05-25-2006, 08:34 AM
He was found guilty on 19 of 28 counts and could spend the rest of his life in prison, there is a GOD. Lay was also foung guilty on all 6 counts against him. What about some monetary reimbursment for all the people that lost their pensions and investments??????? NSF

DCBob
05-25-2006, 08:45 AM
He was found guilty on 19 of 28 counts and could spend the rest of his life in prison, there is a GOD. Lay was also foung guilty on all 6 counts against him. What about some monetary reimbursment for all the people that lost their pensions and investments??????? NSF
Shitbags like these guys lawyer up and avoid paying their dues for what seems like forever. I hope Kennyboy don't see the light of day for the rest of his sorry life. It's hard to believe the damage they were able to inflict on so many people :mad:

Not So Fast
05-25-2006, 09:53 AM
I hope they have to do their time in Federal prison. As Chuck Zito said in his book, it was HELL!! NSF

Flying Tiger
05-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Ya wonders how much time they'll really do, and if it'll be spent in a Country Club type prison without wallz.
They only got me for a little bit of stock I inherited, maybe 3 bones.
But the investors and the employees,, I really feel for them.
Some stung were other pension plans, "widows and orphans" as marked victims are known in the Greedy Stock world.

Flyinbowtie
05-25-2006, 11:32 AM
They got us all when you look at the dip and uncertainty in the market their thievery caused when the SOB's finally got taken down.
It is nice, every once in awhile when the system sorta works in a case where you don't expect it to. I really wondered if the jury would gives them the thumbs down, kudo's to them for doing so.
Now if we could, perhaps, get the larger jury in the country (The Voters) to pass judgement on those self-serving, arrogant, out-of-touch, intellectual fraud, nincompoops also known as the United States Senate, like maybe by throwing them all out the next time they are up for election, and a get national referendum on term limits put in place....
but methinks I am asking for too much..

DCBob
05-25-2006, 03:17 PM
They got us all when you look at the dip and uncertainty in the market their thievery caused when the SOB's finally got taken down.
It is nice, every once in awhile when the system sorta works in a case where you don't expect it to. I really wondered if the jury would gives them the thumbs down, kudo's to them for doing so.
Now if we could, perhaps, get the larger jury in the country (The Voters) to pass judgement on those self-serving, arrogant, out-of-touch, intellectual fraud, nincompoops also known as the United States Senate, like maybe by throwing them all out the next time they are up for election, and a get national referendum on term limits put in place....
but methinks I am asking for too much..
Ahhh, it never hurts to ask :idea:

Kachina26
05-25-2006, 03:36 PM
I hope they have to do their time in Federal prison. As Chuck Zito said in his book, it was HELL!! NSF
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be rough..........
http://www.phoneplusmag.com/articles/i491p86.gif

Tom Brown
05-25-2006, 03:40 PM
forever................ :mad:
and ever.... :mad:

YeLLowBoaT
05-25-2006, 03:56 PM
I would settle for a year.... in the showers....
http://209.85.12.232/5284/3/emo/bananahump.gif http://209.85.12.232/5284/3/emo/bananahump.gif http://209.85.12.232/5284/3/emo/bananahump.gif

Jordy
05-25-2006, 04:03 PM
It's sad that a majority of people don't understand the long term ramifications of Enron and how far reaching it was. It's amazing how many people lost EVERYTHING because of the tangled webs of lies that these jackasses created. :(
On the flip side, if it wasn't for Enron I wouldn't have the job I currently have. To cover up for all the missing money due to embezzling, high salaries, perks, and junkets they were taking, they would scream energy shortage in all their forecasts. GE invested a fortune in the temporary power market (portable generators) because of the predictions of energy shortages that Enron was making. GE essentially got my company into the temp power business. Oh, and GE lost their ass in the GE Energy Rental division, which started because of Enron. The effects are long reaching and devestating.

sorry dog
05-25-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm not defending the Enron dirtbags, but at the same time I have mixed feeling only because the justice department was involved.
The truth or any thing resembling it doesn't matter to those guys. They respond to targets and they with play dirty with an practically unlimited attorney budget to bring you down (- that's a paraphrase from a prosecutor I talked to who worked for them for 20 years). Those guys have a warped sense of justice...for example
Richard Scrushy gets off ...
The CFO who blew the whistle got like 5 years with no lube- more than anybody else.