PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline Powerboats

BlackedoutF250
05-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey guys just wanted to see what you all think about these guys boats. They are a new to the powerboat world and are really starting to emerge. Right now they are mostly on the east coast and Im working with them on bringing some boats out here to the west. I think they would be perfect for Havasu, Mojave and the Ocean out here in Southern California. I really would like to see what you guys think about there style and features, Im looking to become a dealer for them but would like to see what kind of interest potential buyers in this market think. I appreciate your guys help and I do have to say this forum is really sweet and perfect for the boating world on the West Coast. Check out the boats at www.sicklifts.com.
Thanks John Kirsch
Sick Lifts

Phat Matt
05-25-2006, 09:14 PM
They look pretty cool.
When you are around the docks wouldn't the throttles be in the way of the shifters though? Shouldn't they be switched?
http://www.sicklifts.com/images/adrenpboatsV30-7.jpg

Bling Bling
05-25-2006, 09:20 PM
A coninsuer(SP) of East boats, I think they would do great. I got to see one a while back, very nice.

Phat Matt
05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
A coninsuer(SP) of East boats, I think they would do great. I got to see one a while back, very nice.
What? You don't return phone calls now? :D

BlackedoutF250
05-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback, keep it coming. Im jus trying to get a feel from some of the guys on here how they think they would sell. I dont want to bring any out here if the concensus is they arent suitable for Havasu. Also if you guys have any marketing ideas that would be awesome. I appreciate all the help.
John

spectras only
05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
When you are around the docks wouldn't the throttles be in the way of the shifters though? Shouldn't they be switched?
My controls are set up the same way. With twins the throttles are at rest and out of the way of the shifters, seen them both ways on all kinds of boats .
From this camera angle though , it looks like my shifters are in the way :p
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Img_8253.jpg

Phat Matt
05-25-2006, 10:11 PM
My controls are set up the same way. With twins the throttles are at rest and out of the way of the shifters, seen them both ways on all kinds of boats .
From this camera angle though , it looks like my shifters are in the way :p
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Img_8253.jpg
Maybe it's the angle. Mine are switched so I guess I just noticed it.
http://www.eticketboats.com/Luxury_Cat/2005_gallery4/images/Picture-6716.jpg

INSman
05-26-2006, 05:25 AM
They are nice, just very pricey ..

NOCTURNAL
05-26-2006, 06:34 AM
INSMAN -
I hope you are kidding about the price. $150K for a 30' boat with twins? That does not sound expensive. DCB has a 28 extreme in Powerboat this month somewhere near $250K. THAT is pricey!

INSman
05-26-2006, 06:54 AM
INSMAN -
I hope you are kidding about the price. $150K for a 30' boat with twins? That does not sound expensive. DCB has a 28 extreme in Powerboat this month somewhere near $250K. THAT is pricey!
$150k is not the figure I was thinking of.. New 30' on Offshore Only with twin Ilmors is listed for $275k

BlackedoutF250
05-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Ya the one with the ilmors is 275k thats one of the owners boats over there at Adrenaline. If anyone is interested the boats let me know Im heading out there next week to look at the facility etc. and get more info on my buy in but Id like to have some info on what people are looking for out here or would be willing to purchase so that I can order them out accordingly. It also would be nice to have customers already lined up prior to making a purchase. So keep the feedback coming this is important to me to see what people of the West Coast think about these boats.
Thanks John
Sick Lifts

ChumpChange
05-26-2006, 08:10 AM
My only question would be: How is a lift company going to sell boats? I'd be weary about the after purchase service of buying a boat from a company that is not a builder or large dealer for that matter.
I'm sure you do great lift work but how are you getting into the boating world?
My opinion is I don't like canopies on Vs. Other than that, not bad.

BADBLOWN572
05-26-2006, 08:44 AM
I am impressed with the boats. I think that the boat has nice lines and looks like it was designed very well. You can tell that a lot of time and effort went into these boats. I think that they would do very well, if they handle and run right. I like the canopies on the 30 and the 24 I do like it without.
If built right, run well, and similar pricing to other manufacturers products, I think it could do very well.

BlackedoutF250
05-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Well Im trying to emerge into this market and you just have to start somewhere. Id like to grow into a marine service center aswell as the lifts however I cant just start there. Im going to presume that most engine manufactures provide there customers with a standard warranty and the option of getting an extended warranty and those warranties are able to be used at any authorized Mercruiser/Volvo penta etc. service facility. As far as parts on the boat when I go out there next weekend its going to be one of my topics of discussion, is are they warrantied if so then I will be able to get all the parts and install them for the customer. I think it might be a little tough at first, however I plan to stand behind the boats and do whatever is needed for the customer. I havent been in there boats yet but have only heard good things about there performance especially in rough water. Also if you look at the 30 its vacuum blown so theres no rub rail which is a nice feature in a boat of this class. Keep the feedback coming guys I appreciate all the info and also I am open to ideas from everyone.
Thanks John
Sick Lifts

INSman
05-26-2006, 09:33 AM
My only question would be: How is a lift company going to sell boats? I'd be weary about the after purchase service of buying a boat from a company that is not a builder or large dealer for that matter.
I'm sure you do great lift work but how are you getting into the boating world?
My opinion is I don't like canopies on Vs. Other than that, not bad.
Funny, I like canopies on V's, not only on this Adrenaline, but also the Cobra Viper and the Skater below :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2294skatervside.jpg

BlackedoutF250
05-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Ya I think the canopy design is neat and I like the way it helps the boat flow together. It gives it a unique look and I think it only adds to the boat.
John

BlackedoutF250
05-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey Guys Id really like to get this boat exposed out here on the west coast. Do any of you know any big events out here on the west coast coming up or any poker runs or gatherings that would be good for publicity. If you have any info I would appreciate it aswell. Once again I thank you for your feedback and keep it coming.
Thanks John

Big Kahunaa
05-26-2006, 11:13 AM
i like this boat the trailer looks stout
http://www.sicklifts.com/images/adrenpboats1.jpg

BlackedoutF250
05-26-2006, 02:09 PM
The all around product is very beefy and can handle the chop very well. If you look at last weeks power boat magazine they did an article on the V24 and it performed very well in 4-5 swells off the florida coast. I am confident in the boats as far as quality and performance I just want to see what everyone thinks about them on the west coast because they arent too well known out here. Im pretty sure after speaking with a few people that I will bring a V30 out here for the end of the summer to take to the river for some publicity, a few major car shows in the Orange County area, the long beach boat show, and also Sea Fair up in Seattle Washington. I feel that all these events would be great and could stir up some interest and potential buyers.
Thanks John
Sick Lifts

BlackedoutF250
05-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey Guys,
Im also looking for stories from you guys who have purchased boats, what were influencing factors when purchasing a boat. What intrigued you to buy the boat you did. Im looking for the best way to bring this quality product to the table. I wanted to see from you guys what influenced you to buy and what even got you thinking about that particular boat in the first place. Im just looking for the best way to spark interest in Adrenaline Powerboats out on the west coast. If you guys have any ideas for best getting the name out there I would greatly appreciate it. Also how do you guys feel about advertisement, did advertisement ever play a factor in purchasing a boat.
Thanks John
Sick Lifts
www.sicklifts.com

beer truck
05-29-2006, 08:10 PM
looks, and quality are what attracted me to my current boat. Poor customer service is what will ensure that I never buy another one reguardless of how much I like the boat.

BlackedoutF250
05-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey Beer thanks for the info I plan to bring first class customer service, without happy customers enjoying there boats theres no way you can get new customers because the best kind of business is word of mouth business. I appreciate the advice and I plan to follow it.
Thanks John

NOCTURNAL
05-30-2006, 04:40 AM
If you want exposure, you need to get it out on the water. You should plan to make a trip for the July 4th weekend. Havasu is always a good place to start because there are lots of people with money and a majority are from SoCal.
Good luck.

NOTALENT
05-30-2006, 06:24 AM
I think the boat looks bitchen. Awesome lines, gel, lots of bling and definatley looks like a custom boat. It has potentail out here on the west coast, as long as it's reliability, performance and customer service hold together....ohh...and there are no 2 paint schemes alike... :crossx:

BlackedoutF250
05-30-2006, 07:03 AM
I would love to have one out at Havasu During 4th of July but I cant have one made that fast it takes 2 months to have the 30 built so after I go out this weekend to speak with the company and discuss a few things Im going to try and put an order in. If so Ill hopfully have it before August so I can bring it out to Havasu in August and also up to Seattle for Sea Fair and then a few car Shows in So Cal.
Thanks John
Sick Lifts

acatitude
05-30-2006, 07:42 AM
You might check some of the events in these threads. see if there are any poker runs you could put the boat in... There may be a market in norcal for you also.... check poker runs up here on delta.... if a good built 30 can handle the water, you might have some interest...... seems that would bring more interest then car shows but just a thought

BlackedoutF250
05-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Ya Ive been trying to find some poker runs but havent seen many in the area that I could have the boat for. My idea for car shows is because they are custom car shows, that have large crowds with interest in toys and whom have money. Im hoping to take it to Ludacris aswell as the Spring Truck Jam and Im just doing it because both those shows are featured in quite a few magazines and it might get some publicity. But if anyone knows of some poker runs in California Ill take there as long as its after August.
Thanks John
Sick Lifts