PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Park Moabi recently?

tamalewagon
05-26-2006, 07:36 AM
We're going for the first time this Monday for a week. Just curious about the water temp...I hear conflicting reports from warm water to 55 degree water. Anyone have the real scoop on this?
Hope you all have a fun/safe weekend if you're on the water.

KingCole
05-26-2006, 07:42 AM
The water temp. is mid- fifty year 'round. But when it's 110 degrees, who cares?

dicudmore
05-26-2006, 08:06 AM
We're going for the first time this Monday for a week. Just curious about the water temp...I hear conflicting reports from warm water to 55 degree water. Anyone have the real scoop on this?
Hope you all have a fun/safe weekend if you're on the water.
Scott last weekend we were up there delivering Hot sauce to some people camped on one of the beaches facing the river...
the water temp according to the instruments on the JC was 65 degrees.

tamalewagon
05-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Scott last weekend we were up there delivering Hot sauce to some people camped on one of the beaches facing the river...
Beautiful! Thanks Dan. We've got one of the peninsula spots too.

Todd969
05-26-2006, 09:54 AM
Yep, the handy dandy GPS thingy on my toon has been pretty accurate.

INSman
05-26-2006, 10:04 AM
I don't care for cold water and it was just fine as of (2) weeks ago and I have to assume even warmer now. Go enjoy !! :cool:

Dan Lorenze
05-26-2006, 10:35 AM
I don't care for cold water and it was just fine as of (2) weeks ago and I have to assume even warmer now. Go enjoy !! :cool:
I'm with you..... I was there last week and took a bit of courage to dunk myself in the water. Should be fine for most folks standards, I'm really a wimp when it comes to water temp, especially when the outside temp is almost double the temp of the water.

djunkie
05-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I was up there last friday and it was still fricken freezing. Even with the 100+ air temps it still hurt a little going in. :rollside:

tamalewagon
05-26-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm with you..... I was there last week and took a bit of courage to dunk myself in the water. Should be fine for most folks standards, I'm really a wimp when it comes to water temp, especially when the outside temp is almost double the temp of the water.
I'm a complete puss when it comes to water temp....need Martinez type water temps. :D