PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the 411 on Lake Mead?

Tremor Therapy
05-26-2006, 12:04 PM
I do not have a September trip planned as of yet, and the group that I hang out with wants to know the 411 on Lake Mead. So I was wondering if any of you that frequent the lake can give me any info..where can you stay (what is the best place to stay)? What is the best part of the lake to go boating on? What do we need to watch out for (besides the afternoon winds)? And any other general info that you could share.
Thanks!

Havasu Luvr
05-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I do not have a September trip planned as of yet, and the group that I hang out with wants to know the 411 on Lake Mead. So I was wondering if any of you that frequent the lake can give me any info..where can you stay (what is the best place to stay)? What is the best part of the lake to go boating on? What do we need to watch out for (besides the afternoon winds)? And any other general info that you could share.
Thanks!
Alan, try LVHB 's forum, lots of good drama free peeps in there

Tremor Therapy
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Will do!
BTW, how ya doing David? Look forward to seeing you and your lovely wife out at the 'Zoo!

anchorman
05-26-2006, 01:14 PM
We always launch at callville bay. I like the whole lake if your looking for a party atmosphere. Then sandy cove is it or wishing well on some days. Both pretty well protected from wind/waves. as far as were to stay there is a campground @ callville bay and a hotel and campground @ echo bay also some nice beaches up that way.
Come join us at www.lasvegas***boats.com
Brandon

a catered life
05-26-2006, 01:21 PM
i must agree with you about callville we stayed there for spring break and it was awesome......great ramp

Havasu Luvr
05-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Will do!
BTW, how ya doing David? Look forward to seeing you and your lovely wife out at the 'Zoo!
Doing well, Glad to hear your back on the water this year. Look for me. Sat morning in the channel waiting for the girls to arrive then it will be somewhere else for the day. The rest of the weekend is up in the air. Lets hook up if you want...Also, when you thinking about Laed Mead? there is a unofficial regatta in 3 weeks (I think?) out of Echo Bay. Something to think about

BigDogIvan
05-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Calville is the better place to launch. Lake Mead Marina ramp is WAY to flat.
There is a lot of lake to see, the best time to be on the water there is in the middle of the week if you can.
We will are looking to be up there later part of Augest as we have the past 3 years.