PDA

View Full Version : Best Place Launch Big Boat in Havasu?

BlackedoutF250
05-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Hey Guys I have a 29ft Monterey to launch in Lake Havasu and its got a 36" Draft and sits pretty low in the water. Any recommendations on where to launch Im thinking at the Main one at the Marina or maybe over at the Nautical but I wasnt sure if you can launch at the nautical if your not staying there.
Thanks John

wannathrowpumps?
05-27-2006, 08:53 AM
unless you are a guest, you cannot launch at the nautical. I would try site 6. :crossx: good luck if your trying today!!!

HocusPocus
05-27-2006, 08:57 AM
i always use site 6, but i don't remember ever seeing a boat that size launch there. From another post they are saying windsor was closed a little after 9am.. it may be tough getting on the water today.
good luck

Patyacht
05-27-2006, 09:10 AM
i always use site 6, but i don't remember ever seeing a boat that size launch there. From another post they are saying windsor was closed a little after 9am.. it may be tough getting on the water today.
good luck
I've launched my 28' Advantage there.

shadow
05-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Hey Guys I have a 29ft Monterey to launch in Lake Havasu and its got a 36" Draft and sits pretty low in the water. Any recommendations on where to launch Im thinking at the Main one at the Marina or maybe over at the Nautical but I wasnt sure if you can launch at the nautical if your not staying there.
Thanks John
Not trying to be a smart ass,when i saw this thread i thought Big boat.
I'm thinking 36'/40'. 29' is average or just little bigger than average these days.Any ramp in town will work just fine.Windsor,Marina,site 6,Cattail,or the Nautical if you are a guest.Be ware at Windsor there are a few shallow spots that will just appear and get your prop.

shadow
05-27-2006, 09:15 AM
unless you are a guest, you cannot launch at the nautical. I would try site 6. :crossx: good luck if your trying today!!!
All the ramps are shut down already.This town is a ZOOOOOOOOOOOO this weekend.

Warlockjer
05-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Yea, what Shadow said! :) :)

BlackedoutF250
05-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Shadow, that is very true a normal 29ft boat probably could launch at any facility but I this boat is a Cruiser boat and sits alot deeper in the water, its weighs a little more than most boats and actually probably wouldnt even make it down to the ramp at site six because the turn around is too tight for the length of the trailer. Ill probably put it in at the Marina, but Im not going this weekend Im going out Jun 9-12, thanks anyways guys.
John

Flying Tiger
05-27-2006, 10:04 AM
I'd avoid take off point with that much draft too.

BajaMike
05-27-2006, 10:06 AM
The Marina is probably the best for that kind of boat....even though the guys there are ass holes.....
NOT the Nautical, it slopes very gradually and can have some holes if you have to go too deep.
Marina is your best bet!

shadow
05-27-2006, 10:09 AM
The Marina is probably the best for that kind of boat....even though the guys there are ass holes.....
NOT the Nautical, it slopes very gradually and can have some holes if you have to go too deep.
Marina is your best bet!
Second that! Sounds like with this boat the Marina is definately the best spot
Easy approach,nice ramp and plenty of parking.

voodoomedman
05-27-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm thinking 36'/40'. 29' is average or just little bigger than average these days.Any ramp in town will work just fine.Windsor,Marina,site 6,Cattail,or the Nautical if you are a guest.Be ware at Windsor there are a few shallow spots that will just appear and get your prop.
Windsor you must launch on the North Ramp and stay in the middle. No problems. I've seen Jay launch his Fountain there. I'd only be a bit worried in September when the water is down.

djunkie
05-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Don't ever use Cattail. That place is terrible. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:
You gonna try to get on the water this weekend Darrell or are you avoiding it too?

Havasu Hangin'
05-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Site 6 sucks for big boats.

shadow
05-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Don't ever use Cattail. That place is terrible. :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:
You gonna try to get on the water this weekend Darrell or are you avoiding it too?
Not getting into that madness today.Gonna load the ice chest in the Rhino and head down and spectate.Maybe tomorrow we might launch.Figure all the rookies will burn themselves out partying today and tonight and slow down alittle as the weekend progress's.

djunkie
05-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Not getting into that madness today.Gonna load the ice chest in the Rhino and head down and spectate.Maybe tomorrow we might launch.Figure all the rookies will burn themselves out partying today and tonight and slow down alittle as the weekend progress's.
Sounds like the smart move. Enjoy your weekend bud. :rollside:

98 Vector 21
05-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Wish I was there! a ice chest some takeout and a lawn chair.....