PDA

View Full Version : Official Closure time for Windsor Saturday

Not So Fast
05-27-2006, 08:48 AM
I thought I would go watch the chaos today. Stopped by Magic to say hi to Clu & Jeff and what I saw still amazes me, every year too! :idea: The lines were past 95 and also boats waiting on the connecting streets, so all of a sudden all the line starts moving and yup, closed Windsor at 9:05 a.m. :confused: I know its a holiday but it is beyond me why people still come here knowing the situation, and a lot of the hotels,gas stations and resturants are still full of yet more boats :rollside: Now what do they do, cant launch, cant boat, I think I would find another vacation spot for sure. Good Luck :D NSF

HocusPocus
05-27-2006, 08:54 AM
that sounds really bad.. its also the reason i never go out on holiday weekends.. i just hate dealing with the hassle.

Warlockjer
05-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey, Bobby I was there... What a zoo......... :) :)

phebus
05-27-2006, 09:35 AM
How would you like to have been the guy that waited in line for forever, get up to the window, and have the attendant say "sorry, but we are full"
I'm surprised there wasn't a murder!!! :crossx:

3 daytona`s
05-27-2006, 09:39 AM
The stretch of river in front of Harrah`s at this moment has 2 boats and 3 jet-ski`s.I`m sure will get worse but so far so good. Have fun :)

Not So Fast
05-27-2006, 10:46 AM
How would you like to have been the guy that waited in line for forever, get up to the window, and have the attendant say "sorry, but we are full"
I'm surprised there wasn't a murder!!! :crossx:
Yeah that would piss off the good humour man huh Rick?? But if you arent smart enough to have figured this out by now then thats the way the ball bounces. You can always just sit there and wait for some one to come out :confused: :D And gas prices, who gives a crap I guess, amazing to me. Have fun sitting in the parking lot :D NSF

phebus
05-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Bobby, is the wind blowing out there?

NORDIC_RIG
05-27-2006, 10:53 AM
yup its windy

shadow
05-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I was coming home from the gym this morning about 9am and the traffic
going onto the Island was crossed over the Bridge and backed up to Lake Havasu Ave.
Nice thing is having our trailer at Crazy Horse so we can launch anytime any
weekend.Still our boat is staying in the garage today.Fock the madness, :crossx: the Channel looks like an ant Farm.Time to Rhino down and maybe launch tomorrow.

cc322
05-27-2006, 11:17 AM
.Still our boat is staying in the garage today.Fock the madness, :crossx: the Channel looks like an ant Farm.Time to Rhino down and maybe launch tomorrow.
Now theres a smart man :) we are out there next weekend, should be a little better. In fact give me Sun-Thurs anytime.

Not So Fast
05-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Bobby, is the wind blowing out there?
yup, and has gotten sort of funky also, a haze and high clouds. Like Shadow said "Its a real cluster-f--k everywhere you go" How can folks enjoy this kind of over crowding is beyond me, gotta be a better place to go, maybe Mohave because this place SUCKS big time, horrible :( :frown: NSF

phebus
05-27-2006, 11:38 AM
It sounds like you "locals" :) need to escape town on the holiday weekends

Havasu Cig
05-27-2006, 12:07 PM
On holiday weekends (if I go out) I get up at 0500 and I am at the ramp at 0600. What sucks is that even on non holliday weekends now if you don't get to the ramp by 0900 you have to wait in a line. :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
05-27-2006, 12:20 PM
explain the fun of this to me :mad:

RitcheyRch
05-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Sure doesnt sound like fun to me. Would rather go the weekend before or the weekend after.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Saturday of Memorial weekend 2005 there was a line to retrieve boats that was about a mile long at Site 6 at 11:30 PM. The holiday weekends can be fun to people watch but I never launch on the holiday weekends.

Not So Fast
05-27-2006, 01:52 PM
We just took a ride in the ole golf cart to Windsor and the channel. I was talking to one of the Rangers I know and he said there were about 12 boats launching at 4 am (not fishermen either) and it just got worse from there :confused: There are boats in the channel clear out to the rock jetty, it just amazes me every holiday weekend what people do in the name of fun??????????????? Back home now and staying here, G'night NSF

HocusPocus
05-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Now theres a smart man :) we are out there next weekend, should be a little better. In fact give me Sun-Thurs anytime.
exactly what we do.. at least as soon as the kids are outta school. head out sunday afternoon and come back thursday night. we really enjoy being on the lake during the weekdays.

shueman
05-27-2006, 03:09 PM
On holiday weekends (if I go out) I get up at 0500 and I am at the ramp at 0600. What sucks is that even on non holliday weekends now if you don't get to the ramp by 0900 you have to wait in a line. :rolleyes:
Havasu Marina this morning at 5am....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/17615am_Saturday.jpg

AZKC
05-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Havasu Marina this morning at 5am....
http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/uploads/post-4-31015-5am_Saturday.jpg
No hotlinky from Dougs :skull:

shueman
05-27-2006, 04:18 PM
exactly what we do.. at least as soon as the kids are outta school. head out sunday afternoon and come back thursday night. we really enjoy being on the lake during the weekdays.
Likewise....gave up on the week-ends moons ago....

shueman
05-27-2006, 04:19 PM
No hotlinky from Dougs :skull:
Yes'm massa..... :D

slowinhavasu
05-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Can you say "sittin by the pool drinkin a cold one" I had to wait for the dogs to get out of the way, kegs runnin a little slow, no fumes or loud music....
I must be gettin old......

Havasu_Dreamin
05-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Can you say "sittin by the pool drinkin a cold one" I had to wait for the dogs to get out of the way, kegs runnin a little slow, no fumes or loud music....
I must be gettin old......
Gettin? LMAO :crossx: :p