PDA

View Full Version : Need to rent a Helicopter?? Weekend of June 3rd!

WetWillie
05-27-2006, 10:06 PM
For the Baja 500. looking for 5 hrs or so. Leave the San Diego area.
With two person (plus Pilot of course)
I want to go watch the race from the air and do some chasing and filming?
Anyone know somone with a chopper that wants to make some dough?

andy01
05-27-2006, 10:12 PM
For the Baja 500. looking for 5 hrs or so. Leave the San Diego area.
With two person (plus Pilot of course)
I want to go watch the race from the air and do some chasing and filming?
Anyone know somone with a chopper that wants to make some dough?
I do but you would have to pay for the flight time down from Long Beach.
If you need the services let me know.
Andy

clownpuncher
05-27-2006, 10:14 PM
What do ya want? I can offer you a choice of several aircraft, great pilots too. Flight time from Palm Springs additional
ROC

WetWillie
05-27-2006, 10:14 PM
What do you have? Model? Who flies it? Please dont tell me you and Herman!
I do but you would have to pay for the flight time down from Long Beach.
If you need the services let me know.
Andy

WetWillie
05-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Want to Fly into Mexico for the Baja 500 race. Morning of June 3rd.
Race starts at 6am. Would like to get down there early if possible. Maybe night before. I pay for room and expensis!
Looking for options. I have a buddy racing and he is first off the line 6am. Would like to chase him..
Maybe rent for the day for the right price?? Give me some ideas. Or tell me who to call?

Ivan Dan
05-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Race starts at 6am. Would like to get down there early if possible. Maybe night before. I pay for room and expensis!
Looking for options. I have a buddy racing and he is first off the line 6am. Would like to chase him..
Maybe rent for the day for the right price?? Give me some ideas. Or tell me who to call?
Do you have a room lined up already? If not, GOOD luck finding anything. That whole town has been sold out for months.

andy01
05-27-2006, 10:43 PM
What do you have? Model? Who flies it? Please dont tell me you and Herman!
It's a helicopter, and between the two of us me and Herman can figure it out............. your game right?
No really the flight school that I rent my planes from does all kinds of shit like that. Call and ask for Melissa 562-490-2662. Tell her your a friend of miine and what you want to do, she should be able to give you cost. I am going to say at least a grand if not more but I don't know how much real flight time and pilot time will be involved. Hope this helps.
Andy

WetWillie
05-27-2006, 10:51 PM
I will have to stay in Ojos as Ensenada is to foggy.. That is why I want to leave in the AM from SD.. Might be to dark though to fly VFR. Well see...
I have a buddy flying another helo maybe he has room in his hotel.
Do you have a room lined up already? If not, GOOD luck finding anything. That whole town has been sold out for months.

andy01
05-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I will have to stay in Ojos as Ensenada is to foggy.. THat is why I want ot leave in the AM form SD might be to dark though to fly VFR. Well see...
I have a buddy flying another helo maybe he has room.
You can fly VFR at night if conditions permit.
Andy

WetWillie
05-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Pick me up in San Diego in the AM. You negotiate a good price I pay... Lets go..
Andy

andy01
05-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Pick me up in San Diego in the AM. You negotiate a good price I pay... Lets go..
I will do some asking tomorrow for ya and find out what I can on price and what not. I fly planes not Helios.
Andy

kanedog
05-28-2006, 02:30 AM
I have an R22 Robinson helicopter based in Lake Havasu.
It seats two,(pilot and passenger)max weight of passenger seat is 240lbs so start dieting right away, haha.
Depending on our combimed weight(all helicopters are weight sensitive) max range will be about 2 hrs(at 90 mph ground speed). It is excellent for filming as I fly with doors off.
The trip you are considering will take a lot of planning,ie-fuel, airports, route etc, so who ever you choose to do this make sure to know the exact routes you will be following and all the details pertaining to where and what you want to do.
Running out of fuel in a helicopter in the Baja in 110 degree heat with minimal water 100 miles from nowhere can be deadly.
Im not trying to scare you. It is something that can be done, but not something that you would want to decide to run to Mexico last minute without any advance planning.
My rate is $250 per flight hour plus expenses(hotels and meals).My phone number is 1-928-566-9118 in Havasu. Even if you dont choose me to fly for you, I will be able to give you some advice as to how not to be taken advantage of and how to plan your trip.
Advice is free.....Robin

Sleek-Jet
05-28-2006, 05:11 AM
Andy
Not in Mexico... no night VFR.

andy01
05-28-2006, 06:48 AM
Not in Mexico... no night VFR.
I was saying if the Helio left here under darkness but was at the baja right at day break they would be fine. Not flying around Mexico at night.
Andy

INSman
05-28-2006, 06:51 AM
That sounds lik an "Expensive" buddy to have !! :220v: :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
05-28-2006, 06:52 AM
I was saying if the Helio left here under darkness but was at the baja right at day break they would be fine. Not flying around Mexico at night.
Andy
Oh, OK... something to keep in mind though.
Might try http://www.corporatehelicopters.com/ if all else fails.
Keep in mind also that you're going to have to land in Tijuana and clear customs, that usually doesn't take long though.

WetWillie
05-28-2006, 08:28 AM
max weight of passenger seat is 240lbs so start dieting
Umm I am out.... THat means no clothes or a video camera. Last Helo I had reserved was $500 to $650 hr depending on time I rented it.
I can arrange fuel down in Mexico as I have a good friend flying another chopper. He is chasing for Marty Coins TT..
Keep the ideas coming... ROC let me know please..
Most if not all of the Choppers in San Diego are rented for the race. That is why I thought I would ask here.

phebus
05-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Just hop on HH's shoulders, and get walking. Between the two of you, I hope thare's not a low cloud cover. :rollside:

kanedog
05-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Willie-Leading Edge Rotorcraft out of Las Vegas will help you out. They have one available for $475hr . 1-801-372-6741, Benji will help you out. He is a knowlegdeable and helpful guy.

andy01
05-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Call the name and number I listed above, they are open today.
Andy