PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Lake Powell info???

Supultlbich
05-29-2006, 07:47 AM
Just booked a houseboat trip to Lake Powell for the end of July due to a last minute cancelation. Before I google the place I was going to try and get some feedback from those that have been before. Favorite coves, expected weather, water conditions, fishing, ect.
Thanks

Sotally Tober
05-29-2006, 07:56 AM
July will be very HOT. Take lots of BEER!!! Which marina are you using? Fishing should be fun. I enjoy chasing the striper boils in the evening in the backs of the canyons. Padre Bay, The 3 Rock Creek bays are nice. I usually stay around Dangling rope for supplies. My favotite is the Escalante arm. You must take a drive and check out La Gorce and Cathedral in the Desert. You will have a great time. Just think of everything that you need for the week as you are away from everything.

burtandnancy
05-29-2006, 08:04 AM
A shadow boat is manditory...

phebus
05-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Here is a good link for you.....Fred's (http://www.elakepowell.com/freds/index.htm)

BajaMike
05-29-2006, 08:29 AM
You're really love Lake Powell. I like Oak Canyon, about 5 or 6 miles past the Dangling Rope Marina, on the right as you go up the lake.
Oak Canyon
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1098729.jpg
This is a little narrow canyon up in back of Oak Canyon, usually losts of nice sandy beaches (depending on the water level), it's really nice, protected from the winds great for swimming, from on big boulder to the next.
You do need to have a "scout boat" to find the cool places :cool:
And you don't want to be too far from Dangling Rope for supplies (ice). You'll discover that Dangling Rope marina is the hottest place on Earth :cry: ...get in and get out.....
Padre Bay....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/502/1098Outlaw-Padre_Bay-sm2.JPG

2Driver
05-29-2006, 08:55 AM
We cancelled out 54 footer so maybe you got that one? Perhaps we can talk over a margarita weekend after next. Our friends that will be with us were there last summer and we have done houseboats and long stays in our old Pontoon boat. We may go camp from the boat in July.
Escalante Canyon is over the top. GReat beaches, killer scenery and canyon stream hikes that you will not believe. But its a motor from Wahweap Marina. Cathedral Canyon, not far from Rainbow bridge is supposed to be one of those places Powell junkies take friends to show off the lake, although I have only flown over it. See below, I'm sure someone has been in there from the boards. See ya in June?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3213DSC_0310_A.jpg

Mardonzi
05-29-2006, 08:56 AM
We'll be out July 29th till Aug 6th for the Powellfest trip that goes on that weekend.... As far as coves and beaches go,, that all depends on the water level at the time. Gunsight should be a good one as well as Padre, Lambryinth, or Face canyons...
As far as temps go,, the hottest we have ever seen here is 108 during the day, so those peeps from Vegas or Havasu should feel right at home...
If you have any specific questions,, feel free to PM either TnB or us,,, We live here and can give you any up to date info you might need.

Sotally Tober
05-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Here is another site for current infoLink (www.wayneswords.com)
Checkout the recreation forum.

I DIG IT !
05-29-2006, 10:18 AM
well im with my bro on this one (sally tober) we have been going to powell for years back as a family and now we all go when we can. dude the houseboat thing is where it at. you well have so much fun. but take the adivce take lots of beer. well all be there in september. ill post it when we go it would be fun to maby meat up with some fellow hot boaters.

I DIG IT !
05-29-2006, 10:21 AM
(sotally tober ) some day ill learn how to type

Supultlbich
05-29-2006, 05:23 PM
We cancelled out 54 footer so maybe you got that one? Perhaps we can talk over a margarita weekend after next. Our friends that will be with us were there last summer and we have done houseboats and long stays in our old Pontoon boat. We may go camp from the boat in July.
Escalante Canyon is over the top. GReat beaches, killer scenery and canyon stream hikes that you will not believe. But its a motor from Wahweap Marina. Cathedral Canyon, not far from Rainbow bridge is supposed to be one of those places Powell junkies take friends to show off the lake, although I have only flown over it. See below, I'm sure someone has been in there from the boards. See ya in June?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3213DSC_0310_A.jpg
We did get a 54 footer, that would be funny if it was yours!!! Kind of a last minute thing, got the phone call and had to decide yes or no. Just us and the kids so far, so it should be fun!!
Margaritas are on me that weekend, and I will be picking your brain for the newt few weeks for sure.
Are you a Moonridge resident again?? Havasu?? Whats it to be then??

2Driver
05-29-2006, 05:36 PM
We are going shopping weekend after next so you never know. I think my friend may buy 2, one to rent and one we may go 1/2 on and that will be at Moonridge.
We will be right up the street at the end of Posiden Place (Cul de sac) at TCHB's home so set aside some time. We get in on Friday and are staying until Tuesday. IF I remember I'll bring my Stan Jones Map.

SDLifesaver
05-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Just us and the kids so far, so it should be fun!!
Can't lose any friends that way.

Sotally Tober
05-29-2006, 07:01 PM
www.lakepowell.com i was just outside on the porch looking at it haven a cold 1 :cool: :rollside:
Bastard!!!
Are we going to make CRC??

Sotally Tober
05-29-2006, 07:21 PM
is that your houseboat"SOTALLY TOBER" that sets at analope point??that thing is bad ass :cool:
No, I wish! Just stole the name. It is bad ass. I'm on "Beats Working".
What is it like living in Page? What do you do for work?

Sotally Tober
05-29-2006, 07:58 PM
We use to keep the houseboat there with Kieth and Dorris from Aquanuts.