PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear it... What broke this weekend?

Throttle
05-29-2006, 02:03 PM
whats it gonna cost to fix it?

phebus
05-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Broke my bad luck streak.
Took many drinks to do so :)

GRUNION
05-29-2006, 02:21 PM
NOTHING finally

Charley
05-29-2006, 02:29 PM
almost royce gracies arm, and definitely my pocketbook to see it ;)

CARRERA
05-29-2006, 02:43 PM
NOTHING finally
I second that, and that was because I didn't even take the boat out at all this weekend.

centurion tunnel
05-29-2006, 04:00 PM
whats it gonna cost to fix it?
Well I heard your broke ass was stuck at work all weekend :rollside:

Boa1277
05-29-2006, 04:03 PM
MSD Distributor cap 85 dollar replacement, and my buddy backed up over a anchor chain, ouch put some nice gouges in his Hydromotive 5 blade, I feel bad for him. That was 1100 dollar prop. OUCH!

Boatcop
05-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Broke the pick-up tube in the fuel tank.
Won't cost nuttin'. Just switched the fuel line to the other pick-up. (Tank was set up for dual engines) Total of about 15 minutes down time.
There are times I'm really thankful that the Coast Guard spent all those thousands of dollars schooling me in Marine Mechanics and Engineering.

maxwedge
05-29-2006, 04:18 PM
My water heater in my house died Saturday. Cost about $350. Pretty much meant I didn't get a chance to break the boat. :yuk:

Havasu Hangin'
05-29-2006, 04:20 PM
I ran out of Bacardi last night...
...and it broke my heart. :cry:

beever_retreever
05-29-2006, 04:22 PM
One of the bimini arms. Hopefully we can just replace the black molding piece that broke rather than the entire deal.

455Rocket
05-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Cracked exhaust log
Replacement set of log/risers on Ebay: $127.50
Riser gaskets: $12.00
Polishing: 1 weekend

dkehzrd
05-29-2006, 04:40 PM
IMCO fuel tank switcher. Free cause the boats still warranteed.

Panic Button
05-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Blew a motor this weekend, going to be about $6K for a new long block.

sunj_e
05-29-2006, 06:56 PM
I did not even take the boat out this weekend, getting it ready for Havi next weekend and tried to start her up. Starter froze. Now I pray I get a new one and put it in before leaving on Thursday. I guess it is better then having it happen on the water.

BRSTQUEST
05-29-2006, 07:20 PM
I had my trim pump or trim pump silinoid(sp) take a crap on me....first day of the trip and no replacement to be found, luckly we had another boat in the group or would have paddled it around all weekend long

JetBoatRich
05-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Broke the welds on the lift of my golf cart :mad: had to drag it home :yuk:

Biglue
05-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Upper gears are gone. About $15-1600.00 to fix. :mad: :cry:

all charged up
05-29-2006, 07:31 PM
MSD Distributor cap 85 dollar replacement, and my buddy backed up over a anchor chain, ouch put some nice gouges in his Hydromotive 5 blade, I feel bad for him. That was 1100 dollar prop. OUCH!
Have your buddy send me a pm. I have a nice Hydramotive p5x for sale.

slink
05-29-2006, 07:33 PM
How'd you do that? Just wear/tear?

Mandelon
05-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Trim pump or motor......milky white fluid in the lines......couldn't trim it up.....couldn't put it on the trailer.....its still out there, tied to the dock... :mad:

Biglue
05-29-2006, 07:44 PM
How'd you do that? Just wear/tear?
The boat was shifting into gear very odd. Felt like it needed a cable adjustment. Well at one point as I was shifting into gear, the RPMs gained and it popped into gear. I'm suspecting that was what killed the gear. The mechanic asked if there had been any hard shifts like what I described above and he said that would be the likely cause for failure. He also said that cable malfunctions will lead to these kinds of failures...........shitty lesson learned.
He did show me a couple scrapped outdrive casings and made me feel a little better after seeing the potential for further damage. At least it happened on my last day on the water.

slink
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
The boat was shifting into gear very odd. Felt like it needed a cable adjustment. Well at one point as I was shifting into gear, the RPMs gained and it popped into gear. I'm suspecting that was what killed the gear. The mechanic asked if there had been any hard shifts like what I described above and he said that would be the likely cause for failure. He also said that cable malfunctions will lead to these kinds of failures...........shitty lesson learned.
He did show me a couple scrapped outdrive casings and made me feel a little better after seeing the potential for further damage. At least it happened on my last day on the water.
Damn, that sucks

USCFAN
05-29-2006, 07:51 PM
That really sucks, hate to hear that..

OGShocker
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear this BL. :mad:

Throttle
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Well I heard your broke ass was stuck at work all weekend :rollside:
still here, I was happy to work and miss da crowds...

LHC30Victory
05-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Finally broke the first keg in Mimi's mother's day present (kegerator) on Sat. Had to scramble to get a replacement quickly for beer on Sunday :)

HYPNAUTIC
05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
cig lighter/ map light = $12.00
bouy w/ top knot line = $25.00
nail in trailer tire = $15 to patch

OGShocker
05-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Finally broke the first keg in Mimi's mother's day present (kegerator) on Sat. Had to scramble to get a replacement quickly for beer on Sunday :)
Thanks for the call! :mad: :D

centurion tunnel
05-29-2006, 08:08 PM
still here, I was happy to work and miss da crowds...
Next weekend we rule :rollside:

Biglue
05-29-2006, 08:21 PM
That really sucks, hate to hear that..
Yeah it happened on Sunday though so it wasn't as bad as having it ruin the entire weekend.
I saw you launch on either Friday or Satuday. Was that the maiden voyage? Boat looked like it was moving man. Graphics look real good too.

ULTRA28
05-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Trim pump or motor......milky white fluid in the lines......couldn't trim it up.....couldn't put it on the trailer.....its still out there, tied to the dock... :mad:
Why didn't you say something when I saw you. I could have helped you get it taken care of.

rerfert
05-29-2006, 08:30 PM
One of the bimini arms. Hopefully we can just replace the black molding piece that broke rather than the entire deal.
Easily done...drill out the dimples in the aluminum holding the black ends...slide the new black end on add a few rivets in the drilled holes.

bignet
05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Not one but TWO box anchors were stolen from my ski locker...didn't realize it until I tried to anchor at Mini Sandbar! Family still had a great time! Thank you Sergio Castillo for the hookups at Channel! The ALLIANCE CLOTHING kick off was sweet!
bignet

selfmade
05-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Friday motor stalled would turnover but not fire find out it was either bad or old gas. 225.00 for purging and replacing a few filters. Then sunday boat dies again no power what so ever likely an alternator which sucks because i just put a new one on and this was the first time out on it. At least saturday was good.

piper
05-30-2006, 01:09 AM
My co-pilot radar Altimeter took a shiat in flight which in turn took out the pilot side as well. Had to cut the flight short and head back to base. Can't risk it with the low flying we do out here. :yuk: :cry:

T-56
05-30-2006, 01:38 AM
My co-pilot radar Altimeter took a shiat in flight which in turn took out the pilot side as well. Had to cut the flight short and head back to base. Can't risk it with the low flying we do out here. :yuk: :cry:
You're not the guy who keeps buzzing my house are you?

djunkie
05-30-2006, 02:05 AM
Got my girlfriend in bed and broke off a piece of ass. Does that count? LOL!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

purrfecttremor
05-30-2006, 03:21 AM
Tilt steering wheel wont lock into position and flops all over the place. :cry:

NashvilleBound
05-30-2006, 03:28 AM
3 days back and forth to the water. (1 hour ea way) Ave $250 for gas/diesel a day.....drinks, food, my lunch money at this point is running low for this week. Only damage was a bent pick up tube for my drive shower and a bit of a sunburn.

RitcheyRch
05-30-2006, 04:32 AM
I did the same a few times this weekend.
Got my girlfriend in bed and broke off a piece of ass. Does that count? LOL!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

a catered life
05-30-2006, 05:45 AM
almost royce gracies arm, and definitely my pocketbook to see it ;)
you carry a pocketbook?

a catered life
05-30-2006, 05:48 AM
Broke the welds on the lift of my golf cart :mad: had to drag it home :yuk:
poor cart came home kicking and screaming :p

a catered life
05-30-2006, 05:49 AM
yup breaking off some crack always counts :p

Jbb
05-30-2006, 05:59 AM
I broke a sweat on Saturday doing some lawn mower repair and yard work.... :p

havaduner
05-30-2006, 06:49 AM
My trailer, thursday on the way out of town

Throttle
05-30-2006, 07:47 AM
My trailer, thursday on the way out of town
then you busted some azz?

acatitude
05-30-2006, 07:49 AM
only thing broke after this weekend is me

boatnam2
05-30-2006, 08:14 AM
didnt stay for the weekend but a water pump and almost and new motor.$658.07 had it back same day thanks eddie marine in parker!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Finally got our boat running on saturday night, ran like a champ all weekend until monday afternoon seems we are having some sort of fuel delivery/pump problem. Got stranded up by the dam and while we were trying to get the boat running, we floating over some rocks and dinged the hull and outdrive. :mad: Had to nurse the boat doing 30mph back to the trailer.
Ahhhhhhh boating!

NOTALENT
05-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Finally got our boat running on saturday night, ran like a champ all weekend until monday afternoon seems we are having some sort of fuel delivery/pump problem. Got stranded up by the dam and while we were trying to get the boat running, we floating over some rocks and dinged the hull and outdrive. :mad: Had to nurse the boat doing 30mph back to the trailer.
Ahhhhhhh boating!
Ouch...Im starting to think I passed the bad luck curse to you two!!! :crossx: Sorry to hear about that linda...sucks indeed.

Todd969
05-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Friday motor stalled would turnover but not fire find out it was either bad or old gas. 225.00 for purging and replacing a few filters. Then sunday boat dies again no power what so ever likely an alternator which sucks because i just put a new one on and this was the first time out on it. At least saturday was good.
That's your Kachina sitting on Jamacia? Hatch was up when I passed it this morning.

havaduner
05-30-2006, 09:01 AM
then you busted some azz?
If you mean did I scream and yell and get my boat put on a different trailer andd head for Havasu?
No...
Didnt even throw a tantrum on the side of the 10 fwy.
I was remarkably calm, chalked up to SH*T happens, took it back to the shop and headed out. Still had a great weekend.
You goin out this weekend? Me and the boy most likely leaving Fri. eve.

havaduner
05-30-2006, 09:02 AM
So far, my neighbor wins. One new Imco Extreme drive please. :yuk: :yuk:
Not Alan's boat I hope?

PHOTOGLOU
05-30-2006, 09:14 AM
That's a big swing.......

selfmade
05-30-2006, 09:20 AM
That's your Kachina sitting on Jamacia? Hatch was up when I passed it this morning.
yeah todd now you know where i live if you see me again stop by and say hi but make sure you see the boat because i rent the house alot

Biglue
05-30-2006, 09:21 AM
That's a big swing.......
Big swing?????

460 jus getn it
05-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Big swing?????
Perhaps it could be that it looks like you are saying 15 bucks to 1600 bucks......................

Biglue
05-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Perhaps it could be that it looks like you are saying 15 bucks to 1600 bucks......................
Gotcha. I meant $1500 to $1600 to fix.

Todd969
05-30-2006, 09:43 AM
yeah todd now you know where i live if you see me again stop by and say hi but make sure you see the boat because i rent the house alot
bet you just love that god awful VandeKamp house across the street. Can you explain that group of people this weekend?

One Particular Harbor
05-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Sunday night...we were parked overnight on the beach at the Isles and some a-hole threw a full bottle of something into our Shockwave. :mad:
Good news...it appeared to have shattered on the top of the driver's seat and did not hit the gelcoat. Bad news...spent an hour or so vacuuming glass shards out of the boat and wiping down the sticky residue from whatever was in the bottle. Somebody threw it hard...glass was everywhere.
Kids were the first ones on the boat in the morning. My daughter saw it before she stepped in it, thankfully and nobody got cut. What kind of idiot...well, okay, we all know the kind of idiots you find at Havasu on Memorial Day weekend, but still a sh!tty thing to do.
Didn't let it ruin an otherwise great weekend, but would love to meet the bottle-tosser in a dark alley someday.
Rant off...
OPH

RiverDave
05-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Ahhhhhhh boating!
Sorry to hear that Linda! :( Now I feel like I kinda left you up there. I figured you guys were going to hang out for awhile longer, and we were going to head all the way down to bluewater to get some lunch before we pulled the boat and started cleaning the house etc.. :)
RD

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear that Linda! :( Now I feel like I kinda left you up there. I figured you guys were going to hang out for awhile longer, and we were going to head all the way down to bluewater to get some lunch before we pulled the boat and started cleaning the house etc.. :)
RD
Don't feel bad Dave. We were laughing at our luck though. I swear you guys were just out of sight when our boat wouldn't start. We made it. No worries. :boxed:

syke-o
05-30-2006, 10:18 AM
my rear bench seat cushion flew out on the way to the lake.. didnt notice till sat morning when i went to put it in the water.... and i seat cushion ripped at the seam.. other than that there were no probs...

SoCalSouthpaw
05-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Blender two-stroke needs a new top-end.

selfmade
05-30-2006, 10:21 AM
bet you just love that god awful VandeKamp house across the street. Can you explain that group of people this weekend?
Yeah well when you dont have anyone renting for the holiday and you have a mortgage payment to make i guess you take what you can get. Actually though they were really cool guys and took great care of the house just a little out of the ordinary as far as appearance goes, but did you see the hardware in the driveway and the guy tried to pay me with an amex black card so i knew he couldnt be that bad

riverbound
05-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I think I might have broke my liver this weekend.

HM
05-30-2006, 10:32 AM
I broke the water main to my house while pulling out a tree.

Throttle
05-30-2006, 10:41 AM
You goin out this weekend? Me and the boy most likely leaving Fri. eve.
not gonna make it, last baseball weekend...

HM
05-30-2006, 10:56 AM
That would be the one.
I heard someone broke a really expensive tire backing over some exit spikes. Then, had to run a spare tire of a different size to get home and could only drive 45 mph all the way home from Parker. Probably just a rumor.

PHOTOGLOU
05-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Big swing?????
$15.00 or $1600.....

LHC30Victory
05-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the call! :mad: :D
Sheet, you have our # and besides, I can never tell where you are these days....
Tell ya what, we will be at Katherines Landing Fri and Sat, why dontcha come up?

Throttle
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I broke the water main to my house while pulling out a tree.
that sounds bad... Frank, do you need some prevailing wage guys to show up to fix it? lol.

Throttle
05-30-2006, 12:28 PM
That would be the one.
utttt ohhhh....

havaduner
05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
not gonna make it, last baseball weekend...
Hope he plays well and they win..
This will probably be my only trip in June. This summer is not looking like what I had hoped for, as far as number of weekends on the water.

havaduner
05-30-2006, 12:31 PM
That would be the one.
that sucks, hope no injuries (personal type) involved.
parts can be repaired/replaced.

Throttle
05-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Hope he plays well and they win..
This will probably be my only trip in June. This summer is not looking like what I had hoped for, as far as number of weekends on the water.
I am off work almost all of June and July, so maybe I should get some hours on your new boat instead of mine!

WYRD
05-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I broke my surpintene (sp) belt and took on water on Saturday, got it over to shore (towed in by Wild Horses, Thanks Clint) Replaced the belt and all was ok. The high temp alarm went off but I think all is alright now, we will see. Sunday broke a bunk on the trailer Hope I can pick one up for 30 or 40 bucks or so. Other than that boat and truck ran great.... :cool:

havaduner
05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
I am off work almost all of June and July, so maybe I should get some hours on your new boat instead of mine!
Uh,,,, thanks buddy, but I think I'll pass on letting you use my boat.
Note to self.... change all the locks on the garage, make sure security system is in proper working order.

Burn Out
05-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Got the boat out of storage and cleaned the boat. Went to start and engine turns over fine, but won't fire. :mad:
Had it winterized and a new fuel filter last fall, so see what the mechanic says. '95 Rinker with 4.3L Mercruiser.

piper
05-30-2006, 05:25 PM
You're not the guy who keeps buzzing my house are you?
Maybe?? I've been up to Tikrit a few times. I mainly stay in south side doing my test flights.
Enjoying the heat yet??? :mad:

HM
05-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Somebody may have done that. And, we can't find a tire. ;)
those are bad ass wheels. Best looking lifted dually I have ever seen. What size rims are those?

HM
05-30-2006, 05:46 PM
22s with 37s on them.
And aren't those rims 22.5 stock? And he had them cut down to 22, then had an adapter for his bolt pattern?
What tires are those that have a nationwide backorder? Are they backordered because of popularity, or just limited production?

ultra27jay
05-30-2006, 05:48 PM
how about this one my friends were staying at london bridge and on sat night got back to there room to find out that the sliding door was broken in too. the room was ransacked took all of thier cash and 2 laptop computers about 3000s in cash combined. then my friend goes to get his car and the thieves took his car keys from the room and took his company car. might i add he works in san francisco. i hate thieves. :cry:.......

riverroyal
05-30-2006, 05:54 PM
weekend warrior flooded my storage under the shower,fix it myself next time out.Thats it!!also my truck made it for the second time in a row without the engine light coming on!

Run_em_Hard
05-30-2006, 06:55 PM
how about this one my friends were staying at london bridge and on sat night got back to there room to find out that the sliding door was broken in too. the room was ransacked took all of thier cash and 2 laptop computers about 3000s in cash combined. then my friend goes to get his car and the thieves took his car keys from the room and took his company car. might i add he works in san francisco. i hate thieves. :cry:.......
Holy shit...that sucks...at least it was the company car.

Nord
05-30-2006, 07:02 PM
The wind caught somebody's cigarette from RiverDave's dock. It ended up burning my interior in the front of the boat :mad:
Dammit!~

Wet Dream
05-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I broke my previous GPS speed in the boat. :D I hope thats all.

Throttle
05-31-2006, 07:25 AM
this tops em all... sucks!

mbrown2
05-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Nothing broke....

GOTLDH
05-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Stole all my clear LED Trailer lights.

mopower
05-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Worked most of the weekend :mad: and BBQ Monday. But reaped the benefit of working the weekend today. Only thing broke was I blew off the speedo tube somewhere over 70 mph and made a mess under the dash. Removed 5 screws and replace hose and add wire tie for a couple of cents...guess I'm lucky :)

DeltaSigBoater
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Friday #1: Boat stalled twice and wouldnt restart, couldnt get anybody to give me a tow back to the dock, after about 45 mins of drifting finally started.
Cost could be expensive.
Friday #2: Forward hatch broke and had to fix it on the fly in a 25 knot
head wind taking water over the bow & down the hatch every so often.
Cost Free (couple of plastic zip ties and a bungee cord that were in the boat)
Saturday: Backed into the tongue of the trailer, leaving nice dent, and paint transfer on my 2 year old bumper. After I hit the trailer my buddy says stop!
Cost $400
Sunday: Forgot to lower the VHF antenna before backing in under the awning and SNAP.
Cost $200

Throttle
05-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Just got off the phone with Allan. IMCO really stood up. Sold him a new 1000 for a VERY reasonable price (basically giving it away) and are going to fix his Extreme for a VERY reasonable price (so he'll have a spare). He's stoked at their service.
right on, this is good news...

Psycho Squid
05-31-2006, 09:53 PM
Here is what Punisher KP and the Squids broke........ :rollside: Woke our azzzes up. ( I thought it was the Champagne (sp) :) http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2056oh_shit_1.jpg
Squid :rollside:

H20 Toie
05-31-2006, 11:48 PM
dma my bot broke ant didntn wevn take iti out]
\

shagmebabe
06-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Blew my gimble bearing and took out my bellhousing and driveline.... What fun

dirty old man
06-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Shagme, you need to talk to IMCO NV about their new HD gimble

dirty old man
06-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Shagme, you need to talk to IMCO about their new HD gimble

chase8
06-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Just got back from Lake Powell. Houseboat lost the port engine because of a bad starter. Day later the waterheater took a dump. Then on the way back the
starboard engine locks up. Thanks to Executive for the tow. Powell was still a hoot, at least the parts I can still remember. Mechanical glitches really take a bite out of the fun though.