PDA

View Full Version : 132 mph DCB Mach 26

SVO 540
10-09-2001, 05:05 PM
Here is my story and I am sticking to it. At the LA boat show, I decided it was time for me to put another boat together and this time it would be a single engine cat. I had done alot of homework and decided that I would have GT Performance do the engine and rigging. I was about 12 hours from pulling the trigger on a blank 25 Daytona hull when I decided to call Dave at DCB. To my surprise, Dave was will to work something out with me that would be a joint effort between DCB and GT Performance. For me, this was a no brainer to go with the Mach 26 rather than the 25 Daytona. My goal was to one up the high standard that DCB puts into their boats.
During the building process, which was about 6 months in total, I took a trip to Havasu with my wife and daughter and some of our friends. I think at the time my DCB was in the mold. Anyway, while at the river I saw this really bitchin blown Mach 26 on the other side of the channel. I decided that I would swim to the other side and go talk to the owner about his boat and get some ideas for my new Mach. For those of you who don't know, the channel is narrow and it only took me a few seconds to swim accross. Well, I found the owner but he didn't even want to give me the time of day. I ask a few questions, looked inside the boat, but was turned off by his cocky attitude so I left. I have mentioned this to several of my friends and they say "Just wait until you get your boat done and then you can show him who is boss" I give you this piece of the story so you can appreciate the rest of the story.
Last weekend at Havasu was my first chance to stand on the throttle to see what it would do. I have a 120 mph gps speedo. As I stood on the gas, the needle quickly climbed all the way to 120 mph and was pinned there. The speed and rpm of the boat continued to climb as the needle was pegged at 120, I guess I need a new speedo, one that goes to at least 140 mph. My 132 mph speed comes from the following facts. I was spinning a lab finished 30 pitch prop with 1:25 gear ratio, 6100 RPM. The drive is IMCO with XR gears. 2 inch shorter lower and stand off box. With a 5% slip factor, the boat was running 132 mph. The scary thing is that I had to lift because I ran out of prop. I did not want to spin my motor any faster than 6100 as I have a hyd. roller cam and the spring pressure is limited. My motor is a 540 inch Ford. SVO block with Blue Thunder cylinder heads. 1471 Littlefield blower and fuel injected. It utilizes an enderle birdcatcher to conrtol air flow and an Autonics brain for the electronics. There is nothing better looking than a birdcatcher sitting on top of a 1471. It has an external belt drive for the cam and many other top shelf parts. You got to see this motor to believe it. It is huge with its tunnel ram style intake manifold, innercooler, blower and injector all stacked on top of the block. The engine made over 1000 hp on the dyno.
I spoke with Dave at DCB yesterday to confirm slip % and MPH and he confirmed that 132 is the fastest pass ever by a Mach 26. As you would guess from Dave, he wants me to make a pass with a worked over 32 pitch prop to get even more speed out of her.
If I thought the guy with the DCB on the other side of the channel was close to my performance, I would put on the 32 pitch prop and crank out an even bigger MPH number, but I don't think he is close. I must say, I have my eye on the HTM record of 143 mph.
What do you think?
Any Ford guys out there who would like to see a Ford with the mph record? I know DCB wants it.
Does the owner of that DCB want to race?

RiverDave2
10-09-2001, 05:40 PM
Interesting story. Best of luck to ya breaking the record.
RD

James'SS-24
10-09-2001, 05:56 PM
SVO 540, I'm a Ford fan too, but where did you get the intake to put on the blower? I've also read the the front of the Ford crank will break driving this kind of blower. Is that true? I've been toying with the idea of doing Ford power in my HTM. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

SVO 540
10-09-2001, 08:38 PM
James SS 24, I am glad to hear that you are a Ford guy. When it comes right down to it, the Ford is a better engine. It may cost a few more bucks, but I would put my Ford head to head with any bow tie out there.
I use a Don Hampton blower intake manifold. The other manifold I would recommend is one made by Blue Thunder. Both are tunnel ram style, but the Blue Thunder is a sheet metal manifold. Both look great and flow massive amounts of air.
Your concern of the crank shaft snout is a good one. I did what all the blown Ford drag racers and monster trucks like Bigfoot did. This is to have your crank shaft made with BBC rod journals and snout. This way you can run any BBC rod and your crank snout will be very strong. The one issue you will need to address is the front timing chain cover because of the BBC snout. Danny Bee makes an external belt drive for the cam that is made for Ford motors using a BBC snout. This is what I did however I know you can also modify the stock Ford front cover to allow for the BBC crank shaft seal.
Did you know that in one of the last years the International Hot Boat Association "IHBA" had the Blown Gas Hydro and Blown Gas Flat classes, the guys who finished first were running blown Fords? It was Don Ney and Dino Warda. Also, the current points leader in Top Alcohol Flat is running a blown Ford. He has yet to loose a race in CA this year. Check it out on the IHBA web page.
Let me know if you would like more info, I am happy to help.

fryzll
10-09-2001, 09:16 PM
Hey SVO 540, sounds like you have a really nice ride. Did you deal w/ Tony at DCB, hes a old friend of mine and a hell of a nice guy. Im a Ford guy and i've had some experience w/ hybrid F/I systems. My buddys boss has a deck boat(Tom Papp style) with a BBC (572ci I think) and he is running the old Crower mechanical manifold but its been converted to EFI. They set that manifold up w/ a TPS and weld bosses in it for the injectors. Arizona Speed and Marine set him up with the ECM and base map program. Its a really nice setup but yours sounds really nutty. How much boost is it making and what kind of fuel are you using. Dont get me wrong but it seems like 1000h/p is a little conservative for a setup like that, but then again im not to bright myself http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif . Post some pictures on here if you can. Good luck on the record, my balls arent that big http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Chris
P.S. Is the boat going to be back at DCB and do they have any pictures? Id like to stop by and see it.

spectras only
10-09-2001, 09:27 PM
SVO 540, you'll make Drew Backlund [Spokane Washington]proud that you followed his footsteps going the stroked Ford way! There's nothing like a BB like that,a guy has a stroked 460 in a 1988 mustang running at Mission raceway 8.8sec on the 1/4 with a nitrous setup,all street legal.I have a spectra with a 429 ford, a spectra with a 454 LS-6,and share a 19 spectra with a 460.The 460 turns an "A" imp at 5600RPM with ease,and I can imagine what it would do with twin turbos or twin Prochargers http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif.Good luck with your ride and be safe!

SVO 540
10-09-2001, 10:28 PM
Fryzell, Thanks for your interest in my boat. I don't know Tony as I only worked with Dave. I did hear a rumor that Dave had to let a few guys go because of the slowing economy.
My motor made between 1008 and 1080 hp on the dyno between 5800 and 6200 rpm. The boost on the dyno pulls maxed out at about 11 psi. On my Havasu speed run however, the boost was reading closer to 13 or 14 psi. My only explination for this is that at 120+ mph, alot of air is getting forced into the air intake. My blower and injector sticks up out of the engine hatch and is directly exposed to the oncoming air from the speed of the boat. Air is forced directly into the injector, unlike carbs that feed from the top. This situation is not created on the dyno. I would be interested in any other theories, ie elevation, temperature, different dyno gauge, etc. Also, any estimates on the additional hp 2 or 3 psi will create? For fuel, I run Av gas and add Marvel Mystery Oil to help lube the top end. I have had great results with this fuel and additive.
If you give me your email address I can send you some pictures.
I think the guy with the DCB who I mentioned previously has a Blosdale motor, 540 or 572 ci with a 1071 blower. Do you know who he is and if he wants to race?

SVO 540
10-09-2001, 10:35 PM
Spectras only, I know Drew Backland and he does a good job building Fords. He is who recommended the Don Hampton intake manifold to me.

Craig
10-10-2001, 04:56 AM
SVO, cool to see someone running a big Ford and turning some impressive numbers. If you have some pictures, I'd love to see them, I'm at mltdwn12@qwest.net. Was there a lot of work using the Ford with the drive?
Craig

kab
10-10-2001, 06:11 AM
Mr.Havasucat has a blosdale motor but he seems pretty cool. Was the boat red and white? I'm three weeks away from pick up my new mach 26, can't wait. It wont have near the hp you have, but would love to see your mach run sometime in havasu. The rumors are true Tony was let go from DCB.

RiverDave2
10-10-2001, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by SVO 540:
I think the guy with the DCB who I mentioned previously has a Blosdale motor, 540 or 572 ci with a 1071 blower. Do you know who he is and if he wants to race?
Why do you want to go "gunning" for some guy that you know your going to beat? Some people do have "that attitude" where becuase they have a 100,000$ boat there better then everyone else. I'm guessing you experienced a little bit of that attitude.
Be a bigger man then this other guy, and when someone comes to talk to you about your record setting CAT be cordial to them and answer any questions they might have. Otherwise your no better then the mystery man with his DCB.
RD

SVO 540
10-10-2001, 09:28 AM
Hey Riverdave2, In a recent Hot Boat magazine, I read about this guy who used this fourm to spread the word on a party in the Keys. I think I am getting the story straight and I think the name used in the article was Riverdave. Anyway, is that you? That sounds like a great time.

SVO 540
10-10-2001, 09:36 AM
Craig, To get the Ford engine and Merc. drive working together you need to use a 4 point engine mount with a rail kit. This is the way most V drive and offshore race boats with # 6 drives are mounted. It is much better than the standard 3 point mount used with chevy-bravo combos. If your interested, talk with Gary at GT Performance. Now that he has done mine, you could use those patterns and this would save you time and money.

boatnam2
10-10-2001, 10:08 AM
svo,what ever you do put a big pulley on it so your only making about 800ponies and go out and spank havasu barneys ass.

RiverDave2
10-10-2001, 12:24 PM
Hey Riverdave2, In a recent Hot Boat magazine, I read about this guy who used this fourm to spread the word on a party in the Keys. I think I am getting the story straight and I think the name used in the article was Riverdave. Anyway, is that you? That sounds like a great time.
That's me. Do you ever come down to Parker? I wouldn't mind taking a ride in a 130+ DCB. the party was called OP6CL, check out the hot spots section of the board and there is about 6 topics going on with something to do with OP6 in the title. There's also pictures of the last party that took place under OP62 aftermath on page 2-4 I think.
RD

SVO 540
10-10-2001, 02:09 PM
RiverDave2, I do get down to Parker now and then but not as much as Havasu. I have a buddy with a place at Bransons and I am hopefull we will plan a trip together this spring. I would be happy to give you a ride in my DCB. Next time we are in the area I will send you a note on this forum and perhaps we can go for a ride. By the way, I took a look at the pictures from your party. Wow, that must have been a great time. Originally posted by RiverDave2:
That's me. Do you ever come down to Parker? I wouldn't mind taking a ride in a 130+ DCB. the party was called OP6CL, check out the hot spots section of the board and there is about 6 topics going on with something to do with OP6 in the title. There's also pictures of the last party that took place under OP62 aftermath on page 2-4 I think.
RD

RiverDave2
10-10-2001, 02:48 PM
RiverDave2,
By the way, I took a look at the pictures from your party. Wow, that must have been a great time.
OP6 is always a good time http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RD

racingrascal
10-10-2001, 05:26 PM
Rd your right OP6 is always a great time, but so is a triple digit run in a big cat! SVO540 maybe we can meet you at an OP6 gathering. Of course we love to see that bad ass DCB.
Andy

RiverDave2
10-10-2001, 06:47 PM
SVO540, When do you plan on making an attempt for the record? I would definately make the journey to see it.
RD

Blown Lavey
10-10-2001, 07:56 PM
Come on do you really think you have 5% slip.Most racers dont get 5% slip with race boats and lots of dial in.It could be true but I would think that this is doubtful considering that the boat is fresh with little dail in.I do hope you get to the magic number, what ever that may be.Good luck.

Roadrunner bugman
10-10-2001, 11:32 PM
ok, i am new to this email thing but i am not new to the river. some might even go so far as to say that i am the queen of the parker strip. i am a guy however. how many guys do you know that can destroy a bravo 1 with a hp500. i did it. i also lost a swim step once. i think i saw it floating down the river, but i am not sure. one time i got lost in my trailer park and my buddies stole my boat. it was late at night and i could hear and see my boat going up and down the parker strip. i finally found it at the roadrunner with my good buds. ha ha. enough about me and my mishaps. i hope you all find a bit of humor in it. i do know a sweet boat when i see one. i was at the sandbar last weekend and saw the svo 540 boat. the owner was totally cool and had a really hot wife. i gave her a strand of my beads if you know what i mean. i always take lots of beads with me to the sandbar. let me tell you that this boat is the badest single engine cat i have ever seen. blown lavey, even if it slips 10% that is still about 127. there are lots of cats out there with 10% slip and unlike svo, these boats don't even have a stand off box or 2 inch shorter lower unit with a bullet. have you ever heard of a lavey craft going over 127? i haven't. i am sure that the owner of the mystery dcb is a nice guy who was having a bad day, so i will give him this advise. do not race svo. you will get your ass kicked. have you ever seen a cat with its tail between its legs? that is what your cat will be doing if you race him. besides, the owner is a super cool dude. roadrunner bugman over and out.

shooter
10-11-2001, 04:50 AM
Hey svo bring that DCB down to the Parker and Ill show you how to drive it!!!!! (Chicken)

Craig
10-11-2001, 05:08 AM
Hey SVO, thanks for the pic's http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif You certainly can't miss that boat! I'd like to see some good engine shots if you ever get them. More so, I'd like to see that thing in person one day at Havasu. Hell, one day I'd like to take my boat and try running around Parker. I used to think it was just for jets and v-drives, but I guess a lot of I/O guys run there. Sounds like the guys on this board who frequent Parker have a blast.
I know the current SVO heads are the best you can get, but wouldn't a boat just look awesome with a pair of big Boss 429 Fords stroked out? Use the original style magnesium valve covers http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Craig

sofaking
10-11-2001, 07:23 AM
SVO, Is your boat the orange & black 26 Mach?

gimprvr
10-11-2001, 08:41 AM
Hey SVO I would love to see some pics of your ride. I want to make sure I recognize out there. I'd like to come by and check it out. Don't forget to send the pics

SVO 540
10-11-2001, 08:48 AM
Sofaking, My boat is the white with orange and black Mach. Did you see us at the river?
Shooter, what kind of driving experience do you have?
Roadrunner bugman, I do remember you from the sandbar. My wife is enjoying her new strand of beads. Next time we are at the river together I will take you for a ride and we will go hunting for Lavey Craft boats.
Blown Lavey, I do honestly believe my slip factor is 5%. I have discussed this with IMCO, GT Performance and DCB.
Craig, what kind of boat do you have, how do you like it and how does it perform?
Riverdave, OK, hear is the deal on any attempt for the single engine cat mph record.
There is a strong chance that my boat will be used for a magazine article to test the new IMCO drive. This drive is all new and will be awsome. If so, one of the things they will be looking for is top speed, trying different props, etc. The purpose will be to test the new drive, not go after the speed record. 143mph is huge and to be honest, I don't think I have the power. Also, who wants to drive at these speeds? I bet Shooter does. At least Fred Inman of IMCO will be driving at the test. It's fun to talk about it. If the speed record is going to get broken by my boat, it will be at this test. Except for this test, I see no reason to try to improve on my 132MPH pass. I may change my mind however down the road but right now I am content.
What do you think?

RiverDave2
10-11-2001, 09:50 AM
I think......
RoadRunner Bugman totally lost me.
RoadRunner, Why would people call you the Queen of the River if your a guy? BTW you can blow out (no pun intended http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif ) a bravo I with a small block if you rev the motor up and kick it into gear.
I'm wondering what sofaking is faking.
SVO540, I wish you the best of luck on the record attempt. I'd really like to see some pictures of the boat. My e-mail is in my profile. And finally if your ever down in Parker I'd love to go for a pass! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RD

Blown Lavey
10-11-2001, 10:36 AM
Road runner bugman-
Before you post numbers maybe you should check your math a little.The speed I come up with is 124.8 at 6100 rpm with 1.25 gears and 30 lab bravo.
P.S. this come straight off the Hill Propeller site.Like I said before I hope he gets the record as I have a good frined who has Dcb with a Blosdale Motor.
One more thing pretty Lame of you to try and post something negative about Lavey and there speed numbers on your very first post.

boatnam2
10-11-2001, 11:16 AM
svo there was a guy that just had a 27ft lavey cat built that might of gave you a run for your money.the guy that built my last motor put together his motor.george at clay smith machined the motor and said it would make about 1200hp.do to unforseen cirumstances it dosent look like the project will be completed.the motor is done the boat is done only problem is the owner is done.creative financeing can be dangerous!

shooter
10-11-2001, 12:44 PM
Thanks Bummper, looks like RRB is making lot's of freinds!!
p.s. Hide your KEYS, Big-T or even Sleepy may needs a night time driving lesson.

SVO 540
10-11-2001, 01:51 PM
Roadrunner Bugman. It looks like you made quite an impression with your first posting. I appreciate you backing my slip %. So you don't know how to calculate slip very well, thats ok. Hey, what makes you the queen of the river?

SVO 540
10-11-2001, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Blown Lavey:
Road runner bugman-
Before you post numbers maybe you should check your math a little.The speed I come up with is 124.8 at 6100 rpm with 1.25 gears and 30 lab bravo.
P.S. this come straight off the Hill Propeller site.Like I said before I hope he gets the record as I have a good frined who has Dcb with a Blosdale Motor.
One more thing pretty Lame of you to try and post something negative about Lavey and there speed numbers on your very first post.
Blown Lavey, I checked out the Hill Propeller site. I like that calculator.

SVO 540
10-11-2001, 02:05 PM
Boatnam2, That Lavey Craft would have been one fast boat. I really like that Lavey Cat. I have a buddy who loves Lavey boats and is interested in trading in his Lavey, a 26 v bottom, for their cat. Do you think the cat you mention is for sale?

shooter
10-11-2001, 02:09 PM
SVO ,Don't pick on Roadrunner Bugman!
I know him and i think some one else is using his identity.
I have seen you and your new DCB, Halloween colors, at lest your wife is hot looking.

RiverDave2
10-11-2001, 02:27 PM
Shooter, WTF is the matter with you??
RD

Hustler
10-11-2001, 02:33 PM
shooter whats that all about? you bag on his new boat and compliment his wife?
Hustler

Roadrunner bugman
10-11-2001, 02:51 PM
Shooter, looks like you are making lots of friends.
Not only did i destroy my bravo 1, lost my swim step, lost my boat but I also destroyed my hp500 motor once. This is how i got my nick name queen of the river. You know lady luck, queen of hearts, all that stuff. I just seem to have alot of mishaps.
Shooter, what kind of boat do you have? Why did you challenge svo to bring his boat down to parker to show him how to drive it and then call him a chicken? Anyone who drives a boat 132mph is not a chicken. Also, what's this stuff about night time driving lessons.

Chet 17
10-11-2001, 02:52 PM
Shooter, 3 posts and your judging the guys wife, what colors are on your ride? and what in the heck is your ride??? who died and left you in control of color coordinating?????
Bigger question is does shooter stand for something(Maybe pre-mature)
I know exterminating career, maybe one too many times without the gas mask?????
Late Chet

boatnam2
10-11-2001, 03:12 PM
svo,i bet the hull is for sale but i dont know who would buy it it has about ten colors and one side is painted different from the other side.i told jeff that with a paint job like that is has to have a 1200hp motor sticking out of the hatch.

Craig
10-11-2001, 07:42 PM
SVO, I have a 22' Advantage Sportcat. 509 with a B&M 420 and chiller. Ran 105.1 on gps in August here in Phoenix when it was 105 out with two of us and 3/4 fuel. Hit 107 on radar a couple of weeks ago at the AHBA poker run, but still over a hundred degrees out. Waiting for a little cool weather to see if I can get near 110. I like the boat, but I'd really like something a little bigger to handle the rougher water on the weekends. Doing the big "M" thing next June so new boats will have to wait a little bit! A least she wants a bigger cat as well http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif We're going to try and go to Havasu for sure for the Parade of Lights the first of December, maybe a bunch of us can get together that Saturday day for some radar runs!!!
Craig

MrHavasuCat
10-12-2001, 09:46 AM
SVO 540,
I own one of only two mach 26's that I know of with blosdale motors. Both of these motors are 510's. Blosdale builds three basic motor packages, 510, 540, and 581. He does build some specialty motors (he has an insane 600 inch pontiac pro-stock motor running a 1471 in his shop right now) but those are his basic packages. I know you did not talk to me because I am always friendly with people that want to talk boats (my boat is red, black and gray). The other mach running a blosdale has blue and black graphics. What did the boat look like you are talking about? I will ask Jeff Blosdale if he knows of the boat. Congrats on your speed, but I would verify it with either gps or radar, that way it is more credible. My gaffrig is fairly accurate but once you start running at higher speeds it tends to bounce a little because of the pitot leaving the water when aired out. I have seen speeds on my gaffrig as high as 118 when the fastest on gps has been 105. Good luck.

MrHavasuCat
10-12-2001, 09:55 AM
SVO 540,
I just read your post again about how you came up with your speed. I would have to agree that 5 % slip sounds a bit low. From what I have been told from the guys at DCB 10-12 % is more reasonable. I am currently seeing more than that since my gear change to 1.35's from 1.50's running a 30" lab finished prop. I am hoping that dropping to a 28 will give me less slip. Again I would verify with gps or radar. I am using a Garmin Mariner handheld unit that works awesome. It records max speed, as well as current and average speed and updates very quickly.
As far as Lavey's go, I can attest to the quality of Blown Lavey's boat. I don't think there are enough of them out there yet, if any, with real big hp to be judging performance. Blown Lavey's boat is not only a very nice boat, but the performance he is getting out of it is very respectable. my.02.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited October 12, 2001).]

fryzll
10-12-2001, 11:14 AM
Does a GPS speedo read off both the pitot tube and the GPS? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/confused.gif Just curious as im not familiar w/ em.
Chris

DamageInc
10-12-2001, 11:49 AM
I have only seen the digital GPS speedo and it reads only from the satellite receiver, no pitot tube. Not sure about the analog GPS.

sofaking
10-12-2001, 12:49 PM
SVO540, I saw you several times at Havasu several weeks ago. Your boat is Bad Ass! So is your Excursion! At this point I was going to lay into you for blowing me off not once, but twice! The first time at the Windsor ramp and the second at the sand bar. But you seem from your posts to be a nice person. Maybe the other guy with the DCB/Blosdale is a nice guy also. Why can't we just get along? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

sofaking
10-12-2001, 12:54 PM
SuperDave2, I'm Faking nothing! Sofa King, as in King of the couch or So F@cking- You choose

SVO 540
10-12-2001, 01:07 PM
Mr. Havasu Cat, Thanks for your reply. It shows me that you are a good guy. I don't think the guy who was a dick to me would have come forward. Also, I am not certain it was a Blosdale motor.
I do have a gps speedo in my boat. For anyone who would like to come over to my house, I will hit the recall button so you can see the needle peg at 120 MPH. My speedo only goes as high as 120 MPH so when I hit the recall button it tops out the speedo. If I had a digital read out, I would know my actual speed.
If the slip of your boat is 10% to 12% you really need to see someone about that. I know of single engine cats without a standoff box, no shortened lower drive, and no nose cone that slip less that 10%. I just road in a 25 Daytona that ran 106 on GPS with a 1.36 and 30 pitch prop at 5800 rpm. This was at Lake Elsinore where the water is crap, lots of drag. The boat did not have the standoff box, nose cone, etc. This calculates to a slip just less that 10%. I need to go now, I will write back more later.

RiverDave2
10-12-2001, 01:46 PM
sofaking, well that makes a little more sense..
SVO540, I'm not interested in watching a speedo go to 120, unless the boat is doing it as well http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif When can we do that?
RD

sofaking
10-12-2001, 01:52 PM
Fryzll, Any GPS speedo is a reciever only, no pitot tube.
SVO540,Also the http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif on my last posts were a mistake, I'm new to this. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
-Sofa King Smooth Over & Out

MrHavasuCat
10-12-2001, 02:05 PM
I did not realize you were running a gps speedo. It should not be hard to change out to a 140 speedo. I am suprised with the kind of hp you are running that you guys did not go for the 140 or digital speedo when the boat was rigged. The hand held unit I am using cost less that $200.00 and does a lot more than just give you speed. Anyways, good luck with the boat and I will say hi if I see you at the lake.
ps. most of the blown mach's out there are running Teague motors.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited October 12, 2001).]

CrazyHippy
10-12-2001, 09:08 PM
Is your speedo hooked up to a regular gps, ??
Ie can you remove the reciever and recall your top speed from there, or is it all one enclosed setup???
BJH

SVO 540
10-12-2001, 09:53 PM
Sofaking, I like the screen name...now that I know what it means. Also, next time we are at the river together come on by for a look and a ride.
Mr. Havasu Cat. I am interested to know what your slip calculates to. Please tell me about your outdrive mods, if any. Did you cheat up the x dimention? Give me details of a speed run at Havasu, not Elsinore. I would like to know the GPS speed, rpm, gear ratio and prop pitch. With all that we can calculate your slip. This is of interest to me as you are the only one I know with a boat and power similar to mine. See Ya.
O ya, RD, this spring at the river, you can be in charge of reading the speedo.

Hustler
10-13-2001, 12:43 PM
SVO 540, I might have to tag along with you guys to help Dave read that speedo http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif you know after a few silver his vision can kinda get foggy so we better make sure we have some back up.
Hustler

MissHavasuCat
10-13-2001, 04:24 PM
SVO 540 ~ Are you taking your boat out any more this season? We don't have any plans as of yet - but we'll definitely be at the parade of lights. Craig, we'll see you there and the Saturday meet-up sounds good! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

SVO 540
10-15-2001, 09:46 AM
So there is also a Mrs. Havasu Cat. Mrs. SVO 540 and I don't have any river trips planned at this time. We are thinking about going to the parade of lights. We have never gone out there for this event. Sounds like fun. Do alot of people attend this event? I am still interested in the slip calcs for your boat. Have the Mr. send them to me.

MrHavasuCat
10-15-2001, 11:56 AM
SVO 540,
I am running an xr drive with a teague lower and nose cone. I just changed my gear ratio from 1.50 to 1.35's. According to DCB my x-dimension is just slightly higher than what they run as "standard". With the 1.50's and a merc lab 32 I was seeing 105 mph at 5800 rpm. The program I am using will not give me the slip for these numbers but I think they are in the 10-12% range. This speed was with four people aboard and about 1/2 fuel at havasu. Temperature was about 115.
After the gear change I have seen a best of 93.6 running a merc lab 30 at about 5200 rpm. This calculates to about 14% slip. This was with 3 people aboard and about 3/4 fuel. Temperature was about 105-108, again at Havasu. As you can see my slip is way up there, and I need to drop probably to a 28 prop to get my rpm's back (or up my boost). The loss of rpm's is killing me because at 5200 I am only making about 6 pounds of boost. At 5800 I am making 9 pounds. Big difference in hp without those 3 pounds. I am still testing and hopefully it will be dialed soon. One good thing is the xr has held up with 42 hours on it so far. Talk to you later, maybe at the parade of lights. Godd luck with your boat.

MACH26
10-15-2001, 07:35 PM
WHAT....No Tony @ DCB!! Man, I've got to get back to these forums more often! Well, wherever he ends up the boats are going to get a lot better!
Mr. Havasucat, there's another DCB w/ a Blosdale motor. My dad has one w/ the 510 package. Look for our Machs in an upcoming Hot Boat father(Blosdale) and son(Outboards) article.
As for you SVO--132mph very impressive! I sure hope Dave through in a Lifeline into the deal http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif Since your so smart, whats my slip factor? Two 300 Pro Max's, 34 lab 4 blade cleavers, 105.8 (gps) @ 6250-6300 rpms.
Mach26

Craig
10-16-2001, 03:39 AM
We'll look for you MissHC and MrHC! at the Parade of Lights. SVO, it's a good time, the weather is great during the day for some running and the parade is fun at night. A lot of people put some hard work into their boats displays. We line the channel and watch the show, then the party seems to move back to the Nautical Inn cove or Kokomos! Hope we see you there.

PBwebmaster
10-16-2001, 01:56 PM
Hey guys, I really found this thread to be a great read. Other than a couple apparent jerks, it seems everyone has made some great contributions. Anytime I can read a forum like this and come away feeling as though I truly picked up something of value, I feel my time is well spent. As a result of the technical info dropped on this post, I have surfed some other Web sites to gain a better understanding of the technology used by those of you that hang in the Havasu area. I am seriously considering making a trip out to the area some time this coming spring to get some material and take in the sites. I'm sure I will learn more about what is the best time of year to experience the Havasu environment as spring approaches.
SVO 540, you seem to have one bad-ass sled. I appreciated your efforts in starting this thread with the little piece about the dude with the other boat then telling us about your ride. I am like a number of other HB surfers though in that I would love to see some pics of this awesome boat. I am currently building a Web site where serious boaters like those in this forum can hang. Just what everyone needs right, another Web site? Anyway, I would love the opportunity to post pictures and information about your sled in the boating section if you ever allowing me to do so.
Okay, this is my first post on this site so I hope you guys go easy on me. If you happen to visit my site at this time, please keep in mind that the site is currently under construction. As a matter of fact, one of the Havasu guys that hangs on this board is helping me with the graphics. Great guy (wish not to drop his name right now).
Pbwebmaster, out
Webmaster@partyboating.com
[This message has been edited by PBwebmaster (edited October 16, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by PBwebmaster (edited October 16, 2001).]

RiverDave2
10-16-2001, 02:18 PM
PBWebmaster, Welcome to the ***boat Forums! There are actually alot of really educational topics that spring up in here as well as the Jet forums. Good luck with your website! I look forward to visiting it soon.
RD

MrHavasuCat
10-16-2001, 02:21 PM
Mach 26,
Sorry, I forgot about your dads boat. I don't think I have seen his boat yet. If you give me your gear ratio I can give you your slip numbers.

boatnam2
10-16-2001, 04:32 PM
hey svo,went to laveycraft to see my boat today and found out the guy with that 27 cat is still getting it.will be making around 1300hp.your better hurry up and set the speed record it may not last long.

SVO 540
10-17-2001, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by boatnam2:
hey svo,went to laveycraft to see my boat today and found out the guy with that 27 cat is still getting it.will be making around 1300hp.your better hurry up and set the speed record it may not last long.
I would have to lean on my motor to hard to keep up with that Lavey Cat. I don't think my DCB hull can overcompensate for the additional 300 hp that guy has on me (unless the motor was not dynoed, 1300 is an estimate and it really only makes 1000). I think this guy should go after the 143mph record.

boatnam2
10-17-2001, 10:44 AM
svo,i think you will be able to get him.i was just trying to get you going.he will be running a 572 chevy intercooled,1471 littlefeild running 14#s boost.it sonds like 1300 hp but who knows.

kab
10-17-2001, 11:32 AM
Sounds like two maybe three runs before new motor. How long can that set-up last? What type of outdrive is lavey installing?

SVO 540
10-17-2001, 11:55 AM
Boatnam2, Maybe I have a chance. But more important, what this boat will do is give Lavey Craft the big number. At the least, this boat should run over 120mph. This will make for very good PR.

boatnam2
10-17-2001, 12:16 PM
svo,i was just down at lavey telling jeff the exact same thing you said.i guess it will be a while before it happens.kab i think he's putting a bmax drive.this guy probaly dosen't care if it blows up on the 3 time out.svo might of seen him at havasu.he had a baja he painted on the side of the boat show your tits and the back of the boat said swallow this.so he's kinda crazy.

SVO 540
10-17-2001, 12:38 PM
Hey Kab, Are you still on track to get your DCB in a few weeks? What kind of power are you putting to it? I would like to see it when you get it. Originally posted by kab:
Mr.Havasucat has a blosdale motor but he seems pretty cool. Was the boat red and white? I'm three weeks away from pick up my new mach 26, can't wait. It wont have near the hp you have, but would love to see your mach run sometime in havasu. The rumors are true Tony was let go from DCB.

kab
10-17-2001, 01:25 PM
Yes we are still on track. Dave thinks next week some time. The boat is a Mach 26 open bow with a 502 whipple charged. Might run 90.

sofaking
10-17-2001, 01:48 PM
you should definatly run over 90. I have an Elimanator 28 LP with a single Whipplecharged 502 and ran 92.6 GPS.

SVO 540
10-17-2001, 02:12 PM
Sofaking and Kab, I would like to see pictures of your rides. If possible, please email me a few. My two favorite boats are the Mach 26 and 28LP Daytona.

Tom Slick
10-17-2001, 02:46 PM
SVO, I am sick of hearing about your darn boat. DCB this, Ford that. I got my 16 foot turbine powered Zodiac all pumped up and ready for the record breaking attempt. So if you want to see records fall come on out to Puddingstone Lake and check it out. Guinness should be on hand for the attempt as well.
Just kidding!! It was nice meeting you this weekend. We need to hit up Havasu soon..

mrpumps HTM
10-17-2001, 06:48 PM
Boatnam2, Maybe I have a chance. But more important, what this boat will do is give Lavey Craft the big number. At the least, this boat should run over 120mph. This will make for very good PR.
SVO540 YOUR RIDE MUST BE SWEET 132MPH IS FAST! but143+ is krazy fast PS...I THINK THAT HTM THAT RAN 143 JUST MIGHT RUN 150 ISH NOW.MAYBE I WILL SEE U AT THE SANDBAR,WHAT LAKE DO U HANG AT,I LIVE AT CASTAIC LAKE,MY HTM IS WHITE/YELLOW&PURPLE FLAMES,IF YOU SEE US FLAG US DOWN ID LOVE TO CHECK OUT YOUR BOAT

SVO 540
10-17-2001, 08:24 PM
Tom Slick, Your the guy who kicked my ass at Perris Motocross track. I told you I would race you on the water, not the motocross track. Hope to see you and your HTM or YZ250 soon. See Ya.

SVO 540
10-17-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by mrpumps HTM:
SVO540 YOUR RIDE MUST BE SWEET 132MPH IS FAST! but143+ is krazy fast PS...I THINK THAT HTM THAT RAN 143 JUST MIGHT RUN 150 ISH NOW.MAYBE I WILL SEE U AT THE SANDBAR,WHAT LAKE DO U HANG AT,I LIVE AT CASTAIC LAKE,MY HTM IS WHITE/YELLOW&PURPLE FLAMES,IF YOU SEE US FLAG US DOWN ID LOVE TO CHECK OUT YOUR BOAT
We should get together some time this fall. I boat at Havasu. I will email you some pics and if you could do the same we will be able to identify each other to meet up. Who owns that 143mph HTM. I calculated the slip on that pass and I agree that there is still some more left. I am not sure why he would need to improve his 143mph pass, but who knows why the guy from down under is going to try to break his 20 year old water speed record of 317? I think about 5 guys have died trying to break this record. Nutty.

mrpumps HTM
10-18-2001, 09:35 AM
We should get together some time this fall. I boat at Havasu. I will email you some pics and if you could do the same we will be able to identify each other to meet up. Who owns that 143mph HTM. I calculated the slip on that pass and I agree that there is still some more left. I am not sure why he would need to improve his 143mph pass, but who knows why the guy from down under is going to try to break his 20 year old water speed record of 317? I think about 5 guys have died trying to break this record. Nutty.
THAT 143MPH PASS WAS THE OWNER OF HTM, STEVE AND WHY IS I DONT KNOW THATS TO FAST FOR ME

Tom Slick
10-18-2001, 03:31 PM
SVO, we are going riding Saturday morning at Competition Park. Are you guy's down for a little moto time.

mikey
10-18-2001, 03:33 PM
6100 RPM, 1.25 gears, 30 Pitch (Don't forget to add 1" to the prop pitch for the cup) calculates to a theoretical speed of 143.3. Prop slip should be in the 8/10 percent range with a Bravo 1 propeller. The estimated speed should be in around 131.8 to 128.9. A lot of things can effect prop slip. A prop slip of 5% is very low with a Bravo drive and a high ‘X’ dimension.
I have an Excel spread sheet that calculates speed like the Hill web page. If you know any 4 of the 5 variables (RPM, Gear Ratio, Prop Pitch, Slip, Actual Speed) it will calculate the missing variable. You can also calculate speed based on horsepower, Weight, Hull factor and Slip. It also has 5 variables and will calculate the unknown if the other 4 are known. I do not see any way to attach a file in this forum but will e-mail to anybody that would like it.
Mike

boatnam2
10-18-2001, 03:48 PM
tom slick and svo let me know if you guys go to elsinore to go riding i will meet you there.went to comp park last week didn't really like how they got the tracks going backwards.

Tom Slick
10-18-2001, 03:52 PM
Ya, Comp Park backwards is not as good as forward, but it is still kinda technical. Elsinore is to crowded on the weekend, and Comp has better jumps.

boatnam2
10-18-2001, 03:55 PM
i go during the week so its not crowded at all.i ride the squid track anyways so its usally not to bad.i leave the big jumps for the younger guys!

SVO 540
10-18-2001, 05:27 PM
Mikey, Please email me your spreadsheet. The guys at Imco have told me that the faster you are going the less slip you have because a cat frees up and gets light. In other words there is more slip at 50 mph than at 100 mph with the same boat. Do you agree?

SVO 540
10-18-2001, 05:34 PM
Tom Slick, I was already planning on going to Glenn Helen this Saturday morning. Why don't we go there? Then we don't have to ride a track backwards.
Boatnam2, I am with you at Elsinore, I find the main track very technical.

bitchen mach 26
11-02-2001, 06:56 PM
Here is my story and I am sticking to it. At the LA boat show, I decided it was time for me to put another boat together and this time it would be a single engine cat. I had done alot of homework and decided that I would have GT Performance do the engine and rigging. I was about 12 hours from pulling the trigger on a blank 25 Daytona hull when I decided to call Dave at DCB. To my surprise, Dave was will to work something out with me that would be a joint effort between DCB and GT Performance. For me, this was a no brainer to go with the Mach 26 rather than the 25 Daytona. My goal was to one up the high standard that DCB puts into their boats.
During the building process, which was about 6 months in total, I took a trip to Havasu with my wife and daughter and some of our friends. I think at the time my DCB was in the mold. Anyway, while at the river I saw this really bitchin blown Mach 26 on the other side of the channel. I decided that I would swim to the other side and go talk to the owner about his boat and get some ideas for my new Mach. For those of you who don't know, the channel is narrow and it only took me a few seconds to swim accross. Well, I found the owner but he didn't even want to give me the time of day. I ask a few questions, looked inside the boat, but was turned off by his cocky attitude so I left. I have mentioned this to several of my friends and they say "Just wait until you get your boat done and then you can show him who is boss" I give you this piece of the story so you can appreciate the rest of the story.
Last weekend at Havasu was my first chance to stand on the throttle to see what it would do. I have a 120 mph gps speedo. As I stood on the gas, the needle quickly climbed all the way to 120 mph and was pinned there. The speed and rpm of the boat continued to climb as the needle was pegged at 120, I guess I need a new speedo, one that goes to at least 140 mph. My 132 mph speed comes from the following facts. I was spinning a lab finished 30 pitch prop with 1:25 gear ratio, 6100 RPM. The drive is IMCO with XR gears. 2 inch shorter lower and stand off box. With a 5% slip factor, the boat was running 132 mph. The scary thing is that I had to lift because I ran out of prop. I did not want to spin my motor any faster than 6100 as I have a hyd. roller cam and the spring pressure is limited. My motor is a 540 inch Ford. SVO block with Blue Thunder cylinder heads. 1471 Littlefield blower and fuel injected. It utilizes an enderle birdcatcher to conrtol air flow and an Autonics brain for the electronics. There is nothing better looking than a birdcatcher sitting on top of a 1471. It has an external belt drive for the cam and many other top shelf parts. You got to see this motor to believe it. It is huge with its tunnel ram style intake manifold, innercooler, blower and injector all stacked on top of the block. The engine made over 1000 hp on the dyno.
I spoke with Dave at DCB yesterday to confirm slip % and MPH and he confirmed that 132 is the fastest pass ever by a Mach 26. As you would guess from Dave, he wants me to make a pass with a worked over 32 pitch prop to get even more speed out of her.
If I thought the guy with the DCB on the other side of the channel was close to my performance, I would put on the 32 pitch prop and crank out an even bigger MPH number, but I don't think he is close. I must say, I have my eye on the HTM record of 143 mph.
What do you think?
Any Ford guys out there who would like to see a Ford with the mph record? I know DCB wants it.
Does the owner of that DCB want to race?IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOU WERE A DRUNKEN MESS AT THE TIME,CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR SMART ASS AT THE LIGHT PARADE,DON'T CARE ABOUT RACING..

Reaper1
11-02-2001, 09:40 PM
A drunken mess at Havasu.....Go figure???

James'SS-24
11-03-2001, 06:30 AM
Always two sides to every story! I try to stay away from obnoxoius drunk people too! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif

MissHavasuCat
11-04-2001, 01:58 PM
We know BM26 very well, and he is a super friendly, outgoing guy always ready to talk boats in a positive environment! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

spectras only
11-05-2001, 11:34 AM
wrong post,sorry
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited November 05, 2001).]

Badseed
11-05-2001, 07:39 PM
svo,
i work for dave during the summers. i went to YUMA with you for delivery. That's awesome to hear your numbers. one of the nicest 26's i've seen, along with both of havasu cats 26's. I hope you get that record, for ford and moreover for DCB they want it bad!

RiverDave2
11-06-2001, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by MissHavasuCat:
We know BM26 very well, and he is a super friendly, outgoing guy always ready to talk boats in a positive environment! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
[/QUOTE]IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOU WERE A DRUNKEN MESS AT THE TIME,CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR SMART ASS AT THE LIGHT PARADE,DON'T CARE ABOUT RACING..
[/B][/QUOTE]
I don't want to be thrown into the "smart ass" crowd here, but he don't sound to friendly in this "possitive" enviroment. LOL http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
I'm just saying that he could've come out and said "Hey I didn't mean to be a dick but you were a little wasted and I didn't want to hang around." Whatever.... But "I can't wait to see you at the light parade?" WTF does that mean? I know what he's implying and I can tell you right from the get go, that it is a bad move. Violence is never the answer grasshopper. Perhaps work out your differences and pool the Mach26 Knowledge together and help each other? C'mon now group hug E Hug!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RD

Chet 17
11-06-2001, 02:58 PM
Nah Dave, no hugging, this is starting to get good, inner turmoil between two DCB owners as long as it does not turn to violence, or screw it maybe pay per view or the OP6-3 union @ Havasu in 02.
I'm sitting on the outside looking in and enjoying the view.......He He He
Late Chet

Slick
11-06-2001, 03:40 PM
Wow, first time to the this particular topic. Pretty interesting reading. It was starting to get a little mundane though until BM's post. I've got to disagree with you Dave, LLLLEEEEEETTTTTTSSSSS GET READY TO RRRRRUUUUUMMMMMBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE
SVO 540, if you do get down to the river, besides the Hustler, you've got to take me, too. Dave can't seem to make it out on the water without picking me up at Casa de Slick. I'll make sure to bring some new skivies.
Later
Slick
[This message has been edited by Slick (edited November 06, 2001).]

SVO 540
11-06-2001, 06:02 PM
No problem boys, we can all go for a hot lap. I better go easy on the silvers, don't want to be a drunken "smart ass" mess.
Bitchen Mach 26, Are you the mystery DCB owner or is someone else just pulling my leg? I noticed this was your first posting yet Miss Havasu Cat knows you very well. hummm
Like most hot boaters, SVO 540 has been known to throw a few back at the river, but that is when I am not behind the wheel and that particular weekend I was not. My boat was still in the fricken mold!!! Anybody ever gone to the river while your boat is being built and you see one that is similar to what you are building? You gotta go check it out. So maybe I was buzzed and overly excited to see your very bitchen DCB, if so, sorry. Hey, I got an idea. You get a point for me being a druken smart ass mess and I get a point for you having a cocky attitude. This makes us even. Then, we race our boats to break the tie. Just kidding. I hope your laughing as much as I am. I know this is going to get alot of people going.
If nothing else, thanks for getting this string going again. It sat silent for two weeks until you posted. No hard feeling here.
See Ya.

mrpumps HTM
11-06-2001, 06:24 PM
No problem boys, we can all go for a hot lap. I better go easy on the silvers, don't want to be a drunken "smart ass" mess.
Bitchen Mach 26, Are you the mystery DCB owner or is someone else just pulling my leg? I noticed this was your first posting yet Miss Havasu Cat knows you very well. hummm
Like most hot boaters, SVO 540 has been known to throw a few back at the river, but that is when I am not behind the wheel and that particular weekend I was not. My boat was still in the fricken mold!!! Anybody ever gone to the river while your boat is being built and you see one that is similar to what you are building? You gotta go check it out. So maybe I was buzzed and overly excited to see your very bitchen DCB, if so, sorry. Hey, I got an idea. You get a point for me being a druken smart ass mess and I get a point for you having a cocky attitude. This makes us even. Then, we race our boats to break the tie. Just kidding. I hope your laughing as much as I am. I know this is going to get alot of people going.
If nothing else, thanks for getting this string going again. It sat silent for two weeks until you posted. No hard feeling here.
See Ya.
MAN I JUST DONT KNOW!!!!!! are all the DCB OWNERS KRAZY OR WHAT ...........WHAT UP ............CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONGGG HA HA CCCC UUUUU ON THE WATER????????????

riverliver
11-06-2001, 06:26 PM
hey SVO540, you seem to be a nice guy and have a nice looking ride to. Hope to see you at parker some time! Maybe even play a little Golf? Affter the speed runs.

SVO 540
11-06-2001, 09:43 PM
With the name Riverliver, I am sure you throw a few back at the river too. Great screen name.
I love to play golf at Emerald Canyon and I am always looking to get a round together with fellow hot boaters.
Let's do it next year. Something to look forward to.

spectras only
11-06-2001, 11:31 PM
SVO/BM26 lets post some pictures of your engine bays on this thread for us [mechanical inspectors http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif before you head down to the river for a duel between two snarling cats http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif .Love to see that blue oval!Whats in your boat,BM ?

MrHavasuCat
11-07-2001, 08:50 AM
BM is running a Blosdale 510 (same as me). His boat runs very strong but he is running a lot less hp than SVO540. It all depends what you want. When I decided on my motor I decided not to go with the 1000 hp package because of drive issues. the xr was brand new and not much was known about it regarding reliability. I saw the steady stream of boats coming into DCB with blown drives and I did not want to deal with that. If I decide to repower it will definitely be with much more hp (Jeff Blosdale has a very nice 600 inch / 1400 hp Pontiac motor in his shop right now) now that the xr seems to be holding up to some substantial hp. Like I said before it all depends what you want. I had a boat last year that broke every time it got wet so you have to decide if you want to deal with reliability problems or not. I think there is a balance somewhere in the middle. I hope SVO540'S boat is reliable.
I also know BM very well and can say he is a good guy, he just does not take shit off anyone. I think he felt the opening post was out of line and directed towards him.

mrpumps HTM
11-07-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
BM is running a Blosdale 510 (same as me). His boat runs very strong but he is running a lot less hp than SVO540. It all depends what you want. When I decided on my motor I decided not to go with the 1000 hp package because of drive issues. the xr was brand new and not much was known about it regarding reliability. I saw the steady stream of boats coming into DCB with blown drives and I did not want to deal with that. If I decide to repower it will definitely be with much more hp (Jeff Blosdale has a very nice 600 inch / 1400 hp Pontiac motor in his shop right now) now that the xr seems to be holding up to some substantial hp. Like I said before it all depends what you want. I had a boat last year that broke every time it got wet so you have to decide if you want to deal with reliability problems or not. I think there is a balance somewhere in the middle. I hope SVO540'S boat is reliable.
I also know BM very well and can say he is a good guy, he just does not take shit off anyone. I think he felt the opening post was out of line and directed towards him.
MRHavasuCat.....I have USED BOTH B-MAX& XR FOR THE DRAGS THE XR THE BEST FOR MY APP WITH 1200+HP PONTAIC APPROX 10 HR OF RACING THE XR STILL TICKING,ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT U R PUSHING DOWN THE WATER THE B-MAX IS THE BEST FOR LARGE BOATS/BIG HP ON LAKES LIKE HAVASU .I THINK.P.S. I HAVE A B-MAX/NOSE CONE LIKE NEW FOR SALE

Craig
11-07-2001, 10:33 AM
Hey, MrPump, which HTM was yours at the drags?
Craig

MrHavasuCat
11-08-2001, 09:11 AM
Mrpump,
That is good to hear. I have about 40 hours on my Teague / XR with no problems yet. The xr seems to have changed the options people have as far as hp goes. By the way how is that Pontiac motor? The one that Jeff has at his shop looks f@#king awesome. I would love to put that motor in my DCB, but I don't feel like spending another $60,000 on my boat.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited November 08, 2001).]

mrpumps HTM
11-08-2001, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Craig:
Hey, MrPump, which HTM was yours at the drags?
Craig
CRAIG MR.PUMPS H T M IS WHITE WITH YELLOW&PURPLE FLAMES

Cat & Mice
12-16-2001, 10:19 PM
SVO 540
Way to go on the top speed. I saw your motor on the Dyno at GT and I was with Sofaking in Havasu. I think your boat looks way awsome. I saw you go by one time and it looked like you where flying to me.
I have a 28LP with twin small blocks and I really like the DCB's.
Pyle
[This message has been edited by Cat & Mice (edited December 16, 2001).]

RiverDave2
12-17-2001, 08:45 AM
So I guess "Bitchen Mach 26" came on posted once (which was basically a threat) and then left? No info to throw into the pot? No E Hug and everyone makes up? How will it end?
Same bat channel, Same bat time!
RD

dcb4life
12-17-2001, 09:23 PM
Hey fellow DCB man. I own a Mach 26 as well, but I'm outboard powered. Nice to hear about your 132 mph DCB. You need to spank the HTM record just to show how bad ass DCBs are. HTM aren't good for anything but speed, and as you probably know, they are the shittiest custom boat out there. Show them who's on the top

RiverDave2
12-18-2001, 08:56 AM
Don't ya think that was a little bit Harsh? Rude Perhaps?
RD

mrpumpsHTM
12-18-2001, 10:18 AM
R D .....HERE WE GO AGAIN

SVO 540
12-18-2001, 11:00 AM
Please don't get that HTM trash talking thing going on this string. See Ya.

riverliver
12-18-2001, 02:04 PM
Why is it SVO540 every topic you start ends up with boat BASHING! LOL J/K

mrpumpsHTM
12-18-2001, 03:12 PM
SVO540 THATS A BIG 10-4

Chet 17
12-18-2001, 04:44 PM
Whats a honda powered kid from anaheim hills know anyway, DCB 4 life, come on what if and only if DCB go's under are you gonna hop on the next bandwagon, say maybe a bayliner?
Let me guess you probably have a Harley also and its within 2 years old and ride around with some live to ride, ride to live tattoo, sporting a leather vest and do rag with leather gloves and the tips cut off. and you went to the Laughlin ride towing your HOG behind your new Chevy or Ford super truck all jacked up to the moon.
Hey it's just a hunch
Late
Chet
[This message has been edited by Chet 17 (edited December 18, 2001).]

RiverDave2
12-18-2001, 04:53 PM
So much for not talking any trash in this thread...
RD

Chet 17
12-18-2001, 05:29 PM

riverliver
12-18-2001, 06:16 PM
Now starts the Harley Bashing. OH Boy

SVO 540
12-20-2001, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Cat & Mice:
SVO 540
Way to go on the top speed. I saw your motor on the Dyno at GT and I was with Sofaking in Havasu. I think your boat looks way awsome. I saw you go by one time and it looked like you where flying to me.
I have a 28LP with twin small blocks and I really like the DCB's.
Pyle
[This message has been edited by Cat & Mice (edited December 16, 2001).]
So you and sofaking have 28LP Daytonas. That is damn cool. I would like to go for a ride in one of those next summer. I would be happy to repay the favor with a ride in my little hot rod.

Tom Slick
12-21-2001, 09:49 AM
Sorry SVO, but I just gotta say this to dcb4life. Your an ASS. Does it make you feel better about yourself or your boat by bashing HTM. Have you ever gone for a ride on one, or even step inside one to see what they are all about. I for one will admit that the DCB is the nicest rigged boat on earth, and the attention to detail is second to none, but to say the HTM's are the worst custom boat built is total B.S. The rigging on HTM's is actually pretty darn good. I would never bash a DCB, Eliminator etc, as they are all nice boats. Just because you most likely got your ass handed to you by a few HTM's doesn' mean you need to be a bitch. By the way, can you sit up under your deck or recline in the custom seats built into the sponsons. I didn't think so..

SVO 540
12-21-2001, 10:16 AM
Tom Slick,
I was planning on riding at Elsinore today...but the rain. Your a pro rider, what do you think the track will be like? Want to go?
SVO 540 - See Ya.

sofaking
12-21-2001, 10:33 AM
SVO, I'll take you for a ride anytime! And I'll take you up on the offer to go for a ride in yours! Happy Holliday's- Todd

schiada96
12-21-2001, 11:16 AM
Who's talkin trash about my bayliner force 80, 40 mph 16 ft great cheep little ocean fishin boat.

Tom Slick
12-21-2001, 11:23 AM
SVO, Elsinore will be a mess today and probably for most of the weekend. It is at the bottom of the valley, so all of the run off seems to end up on the track. Glen Helen should be great tomorrow, or any of the high desert tracks, if you can handle the cold. I plan to ride everyday starting tomorrow thru January 2nd, so lets hook up. Get my number from Dave and we'll go sling some dirt.

Jrocket
12-21-2001, 04:57 PM
SVO540,Tom Slick,and anybody else.If you guys go riding,let me know.I'm always wanting to do some MX'ing.SVO540 mentioned that your a pro rider,what number are ya?Lets ride this weekend if possible for you guys.SVO540,I tried your e-mail address,but it didnt work for me???????.....Later JR
[This message has been edited by Jrocket (edited December 21, 2001).]

SVO 540
12-22-2001, 07:57 PM
Jrocket, try my email again. Where do you live and where do you ride?
Tom Slick, I will call you next time I go riding.

Jrocket
12-27-2001, 08:03 PM
SVO540...Where have ya been? Let's ride at Elsinore on sunday.But if ya cant I can change my days...Let's ride......JR

SVO 540
12-28-2001, 10:16 AM
Jrocket, I'm in Big Bear. I will be riding on the 31st in the early afternoon. I don't know where yet but I will let you know. Can you ride that day?
How about you Tom Slick, can you ride that day?

Jrocket
12-28-2001, 05:19 PM
SVO540....Monday will work for me,just name the place......JR

dcb4life
12-28-2001, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Chet 17:
Whats a honda powered kid from anaheim hills know anyway, DCB 4 life, come on what if and only if DCB go's under are you gonna hop on the next bandwagon, say maybe a bayliner?
Let me guess you probably have a Harley also and its within 2 years old and ride around with some live to ride, ride to live tattoo, sporting a leather vest and do rag with leather gloves and the tips cut off. and you went to the Laughlin ride towing your HOG behind your new Chevy or Ford super truck all jacked up to the moon.
Hey it's just a hunch
Late
Chet
Chet17....All I can say is wow! Pretty sad how many toys I have at my age......Don't be too envious, it's all good. Oh yeah, I'll put my honda up against any car you got...Give me a time

dcb4life
12-28-2001, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Slick:
Sorry SVO, but I just gotta say this to dcb4life. Your an ASS. Does it make you feel better about yourself or your boat by bashing HTM. Have you ever gone for a ride on one, or even step inside one to see what they are all about. I for one will admit that the DCB is the nicest rigged boat on earth, and the attention to detail is second to none, but to say the HTM's are the worst custom boat built is total B.S. The rigging on HTM's is actually pretty darn good. I would never bash a DCB, Eliminator etc, as they are all nice boats. Just because you most likely got your ass handed to you by a few HTM's doesn' mean you need to be a bitch. By the way, can you sit up under your deck or recline in the custom seats built into the sponsons. I didn't think so..[/
I like your opinion on things. They aren't simlar to mine but hey, it's all good. HTM's just aren't my style! Thanks for the input Mr. Pro rider

mrpumps HTM
12-28-2001, 10:46 PM
damn you gota love it

Boatjob
12-28-2001, 11:06 PM
Man your DCB sounds awesome. I have one also but with outboards.What colors is your boat? R u always at the river? MAybe we could meet up so I couls see your ride....

jsblendorio
12-31-2001, 01:21 PM
SVO - Sounds like a nice ride. I am curious of the exact x-dim that allows 5% slip. Can you find it out from DCB. An earlier post of a 25 Daytona 106MPH / 1.36gears / 5800RPM's yields 14% slip, which is more realistic. At 12% slip you are at 122MPH, at 14% at 120MPH. So the stand off must be helping if you pegged the GPS. Another thing is the tachometr accuracy. My Gaffrig is almost 200 rpm's off over 5500. Tell me about the standoff as well. Have riden in 26's w/out one? I am curious of the benefit you experienced. As I write this, I struggle with 16% slip at 99mph hard on the rev limiter. 25 Daytona / 1.36 / 28B1 lab / 500EFI/whipple

jsblendorio
12-31-2001, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by jsblendorio:
SVO - Sounds like a nice ride. I am curious of the exact x-dim that allows 5% slip. Can you find it out from DCB? An earlier post of a 25 Daytona 106MPH / 1.36gears / 5800RPM's yields 14% slip, which is more realistic. At 12% slip you are at 122MPH, at 14% at 120MPH. The stand off must be helping if you pegged the GPS. Another thing is the tachometer accuracy. My Gaffrig is almost 200 rpm's off above 5500. Tell me about the standoff, have you riden in any 26's w/out one? I am curious of the benefit you experienced. As I write this, I struggle with 16% slip at 99mph hard on the rev limiter. 25 Daytona / 1.36 / 28B1 lab / 500EFI/whipple

SVO 540
01-01-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Boatjob:
Man your DCB sounds awesome. I have one also but with outboards.What colors is your boat? R u always at the river? MAybe we could meet up so I couls see your ride....
Boatjob, thanks for the comments. Havasu Hangin posted some pictures of my boat. Look for a string called pics of svo 540 mach 26 or something like that. Look back a months or so. Glad to hear you also have a dcb that runs fast. Let's try to hook up this spring.
Jrocket, I missed you yesterday. By 11 the track dried up and it was nice. Pastrana showed up as well and it was fun to watch him ride. He only made a few laps however.

SVO 540
01-01-2002, 09:03 PM
SVO - Sounds like a nice ride. I am curious of the exact x-dim that allows 5% slip. Can you find it out from DCB. An earlier post of a 25 Daytona 106MPH / 1.36gears / 5800RPM's yields 14% slip, which is more realistic. At 12% slip you are at 122MPH, at 14% at 120MPH. So the stand off must be helping if you pegged the GPS. Another thing is the tachometr accuracy. My Gaffrig is almost 200 rpm's off over 5500. Tell me about the standoff as well. Have riden in 26's w/out one? I am curious of the benefit you experienced. As I write this, I struggle with 16% slip at 99mph hard on the rev limiter. 25 Daytona / 1.36 / 28B1 lab / 500EFI/whipple
You boat sounds bitchen. You setup is similar to what riverliver wants. As for my x-dim, with a standoff box you run the drive approx 2 inches higher than without one. Getting out of the hole is no problem because a the nose goes up the box causes the drive to go deeper in the water and has a leveraging effect that pushes the nose over. As for my 5% slip estimate, this comes from Fred at Imco. 5% may be a bit low, but it has to be close. During my speed run, I took the boat up to about 70mph before I stood on the gas, When I did, it took only about 12 to 15 seconds to peg the 120 mph gps speedo and after it pegged, the tach was still climbing. I can say with a high degree of confidence that it pushed another 10mph after it pedded out at 120.
As for low slip numbers, I think it is a combination of brute power and the proper set up and trim angle. Regarding power, the faster you are going, the less boat you have in the water. The less boat you have in the water, the less friction which translates into less slip. This is part of the reason why mrpumps and I both have slip in the 5% to 6% range (we both have over 1000hp) Regarding x-dim set up, Gary Teague of GT Performance my the call on my boat. I think he cheated it up 1/4 inch from where DCB sets theirs plus the 2 additional inches for the standoff box. Next, to get the low slip number, for gods sake, get the unnecessary weight out of your boat. This means friends, fuel, skis, coolers etc. Everything but your speed goggles, life vest and about 10 gals of fuel. Finally, trim setting. I think too many people overtrim their boats. Each boat will trim different so you really can't compare my trim settings to yours. See comments in the mrhavasu cat slip calcs string, but I have found that 0 to +1 is the ideal speed trim settings for me when I am WOT and with a very light load. Add weight to the boat and you need to add trim. To maximize speed you want the outdrive parallel to the water line. I think it was mrpumps who said that he trims to about +5 up to 100mph and after 100 he backes the trim down to +3. This make sense because at those speeds, you don't need positive trim to carry the nose of the boat and the speed itself is enough.
Ok one more comment, I am sure you can do better that the slip you are getting. I am concerned that bumping on the rev limiter is somehow affecting your slip. I don't know how, just a hunch. Tell me about your best speed run...lake conditions, temp, load in the boat, trim setting and if you have a single or double step 25 daytona. Have you tried a bigger prop to get that thing off the rev limiter?
In my earlier post on the 25 daytona that ran 106mph, the rpm was 5600 not 5800, my mistake, good catch.
SVO 540 - OUT

SVO 540
01-01-2002, 09:08 PM
One more thing, How do you know your tach is off by 200 rpm over 5500 rpm? How do you test for this? I personally have a very sophisticated EFI system and find it hard to believe that it could be off by 200 rpm.

mrpumpsHTM
01-10-2002, 10:27 PM
SVO540....AKA MR SLIP OK 1.25 GEAR,7200 RPM ,149.99MPH,32 PROPS X2 WELL HELP ME OUT

Blown Lavey
01-10-2002, 10:43 PM
About 14 percent according to Hill prop site.

AMOFFCAT
01-11-2002, 09:36 AM
Help..??????/ 1.30 GEARS,6300RPM,LAB30 PROP,122 MPH WHATS THE SLIP ? thanks

SVO 540
01-11-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by AMOFFCAT:
Help..??????/ 1.30 GEARS,6300RPM,LAB30 PROP,122 MPH WHATS THE SLIP ? thanks
I calc 11%. You have a 1.30 gear, is that a B-max drive? I think the B-max is not as slipery as the bravo with a nose cone. That could be why you are not less than 10% slip. That is some big speed, tell me about you engine.

SVO 540
01-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Blown Lavey:
About 14 percent according to Hill prop site.
Mrpumps, I agree with 14%. But as I have stated before in these forums, bouncing off the rev limiter will result in a poor slip number. Again, way to go HTM on 150mph.