PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate B & B for Boaters

burtandnancy
05-29-2006, 05:52 PM
We just enjoyed the most luxurious B & B plus lunch we've ever had and it's only an hour from LA (by boat). We went to the Inn at Mt Ada (for you younger people it was the old Wrigley Mansion) on Catalina, for 3 days and two nights. There are only 6 rooms, 6 golf carts, so we 6 couples had the whole place. The food; breakfast & lunch and hors d'oeuvres were fabulous, the bar and kitchen is open 24/7 (included) and after happy hour the whole staff leaves! They just tell you which lites to turn off. It was better than all the many cruises we've been on. I highly recommend anyone going, take 6 couples and fill the place yourselves. That way you don't have to whisper in the halls or talk nice in the dining room.
Only two great rules; no children and no cell phones downstairs or on the terrace.
The service is unbelievable, the food 4 star, great wines and every brand of beer (included)They pick up and deliver from the dock when you get there. Way too much more to say and won't except to say that cart #2 (room 2) is the fastest. By the way, if you had to rent the cart at $40/hr you would more than pay for your room...

4-B
05-29-2006, 06:11 PM
You got my attention...What's the cost and who do I contact to make reservations!

vmjtc3
05-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Sounds great. We go every august for our anniv.....
But I dont have 6 friends :cry:
So I guess I we will just have to take our chance's with who elese is there. :rollside:

burtandnancy
05-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Each of the 6 rooms is priced differently and seasonally. The phone # is
800 608 7669 Forgot one more great feature; NO SMOKING

dirty old man
05-30-2006, 07:24 AM
burt and nancy, did you take you own boat or the water taxi? Was the harbor full or were there open cans?

burtandnancy
05-30-2006, 01:52 PM
We took the Catalina Express - just at one hour. There were plenty of open cans in Avalon, but we were there on Tue/Wed/Thur...