PDA

View Full Version : What a Great Weekend in Havasu!

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 11:37 AM
First off, I have a long list of folks to thank for making this weekend happen. Rocky for starters (Boat Floating). We didn't have a place to post up the motorhome on Thursday but Rocky totally came through for us. He made some phone calls and went actively looking for a spot so we didn't have to primitive camp the Moho all weekend. Come Thursday night though, we not only had a spot, but a spot on the infamous "D" row! Which brings up the second thank you to Coral Gibson, Sean's sister. She let us hang out in her spot all weekend for nothing more than a nice bottle of GG. That whole crew of folks is so great to hang with, and we had a total blast.
First thing Friday morning we realized that after switching our intercooler and valve covers to some freshly powdercoated ones that we had forgotten the throttle linkage ball on the other throttle body. Damn! One phone call to Keith at Conquest and that was all sorted out. Thanks a million to Keith and Mike for the hookup. Sorry we never hooked up in the channel, but we certainly appreciate the part and you have reminded me that you are one of the truly great guys in ***boating.
Saturday night we finally hooked up with Matt and Jen (PhatMatt and Goldi) and we smuggled them into CrazyHorse via the lagoon. Then we went Rhino'ing that night with Rocky. My golf cart felt strangely outclassed next to that rig! Rocky was a wonderful host and played some great jams out next to the crappy party out in the overflow parking. Fact is, his stereo in the Rhino sounds better and played better tunes than the maxed out PA at the party! Thanks again for everything Rock.
The Channel was pure amature hour. I have never felt so out of place in my life. On any given weekend, we can cruise through the channel and see no less than 10 hot boaters... usually closer to 20. Our first pass through the channel got us one hit... GHT who we hung out with for quite some time. Don and his lovely wife were a total blast and really made the party happen. We also got to meet VegasBaby and a couple of other folks from down there. It is always so cool to meet someone for the first time that you know pretty well already from the boards.
The water was just 100% blown out on Saturday with so much buffoonery it was barely believable. People zig zagging in front of you towing a tube and acting like you are the a-hole for driving straight. I personally watched a brand new Larson 28' party boat get devalued by probably half in a 30 minute period at SandPoint. A guy just pinballed his way into a slip, loaded 14 kids on board and pinballed his way out... hitting two boats and adding full-length Arizona pinstripes to his boat... some so bad it chunked off fiberglass. Unreal...
Saturday at Steamboat we saw TrojanDan and Scuba Steve. Great to hang with you guys for a little while. We only stayed there for a few minutes, and then bagged ass back to the channel to pick up some family.
Sunday in Steamboat was really cool. We hung out with Matt and Jen and slowly but surely we ran into a whole lot of folks off the boards. We saw Bobaloo, Scarabrick, OneParticularHarbor, CJ and a bunch of other folks I can't remember right this minute... Good to finally meet all of you and hang out for a minute or two. We did get to see Miguel and Yvonne in the channel on the way out for a second and Sya and Playa Plya were in the canyon with the big Commander.
All in all, we had our share of challenges this weekend. A nagging oil leak is driving me frickin nuts, although we think we found it at last. The boat ran great, handled awesome in serious chop and kept everyone dry and safe for the whole weekend. We couldn't have had a better time hanging out with everyone and as usual we found that it seems like the best folks in boating are right here.

Todd969
05-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Saw you many times, but with the clusterf*ck in the channel I thought it better not to distract you. We'll look for ya on a slower weekend.
Todd

Phat Matt
05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks for letting us crash Saturday night. It saved me from launching Sunday morning! I didn't make it back home from the Red Room Sunday night until 5:30am also. I was damn tired after 3 days of no sleep!
Good times. :)

Havasu1986
05-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Saw you Fri around 1ish in the channel heading towards the bridge. I was by myself and yelled at you.

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Saw you many times, but with the clusterf*ck in the channel I thought it better not to distract you. We'll look for ya on a slower weekend.
Todd
I totally saw your boat! Couldn't remember your board name though, and as you could see I had my hands full. Next time I see you I will start off with a beer in your hand!

TrojanDan
05-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Nice meeting you and the Mrs. in Steamboat on Saturday. Your boat turned out awesome. I wish you continued success. Hope to see you on the water again. :cool:

Keith E. Sayre
05-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Its all about Kharma! I can see Robert Duvall with his cowboy hat on with bombs and mortars falling all around him saying to Wes, do you want to surf or fight???? Then let's surf!
Then I can see them sitting on the beach the next morning with a gentle breeze in the air and Duvall saying, I love the smell of Kharma in the morning, it smells like.....VICTORY!
Wes, very nice and extremely gracious of you to always get on here and show
gratitude to those that have helped you in some way. But has it occurred to
you that nice things happen to nice people and I would submit to you that
Kharma is going to be your friend for a while, perhaps due to the nice things
that you currently do now for people or maybe for something that you may
not even recall as a navy seal??? Or maybe you're simply lucky!
Thanks for always being so positive.
Keith Sayre

scarabrick2
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice to meet you wes!!
Your boat looks so much better in person! Man what a great lay out you did on everything.
FYI keep a close look out for those METAL PONTOON BOATS You don't want your flawless gel coat to be scratched :rollside: :rollside:

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Its all about Kharma! I can see Robert Duvall with his cowboy hat on with bombs and mortars falling all around him saying to Wes, do you want to surf or fight???? Then let's surf!
Then I can see them sitting on the beach the next morning with a gentle breeze in the air and Duvall saying, I love the smell of Kharma in the morning, it smells like.....VICTORY!
Wes, very nice and extremely gracious of you to always get on here and show
gratitude to those that have helped you in some way. But has it occurred to
you that nice things happen to nice people and I would submit to you that
Kharma is going to be your friend for a while, perhaps due to the nice things
that you currently do now for people or maybe for something that you may
not even recall as a navy seal??? Or maybe you're simply lucky!
Thanks for always being so positive.
Keith Sayre
Thanks for the good words Keith. As usual, I still owe you one. That Rayson Craft you guys have in there looks sick too! Can't wait to see that on the water...
This is going to be a great summer!

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Nice to meet you wes!!
Your boat looks so much better in person! Man what a great lay out you did on everything.
FYI keep a close look out for those METAL PONTOON BOATS You don't want your flawless gel coat to be scratched :rollside: :rollside:
I am so scared of rental pontoons it isn't even funny. I couldn't even bring myself to park at the mini-sandbar on Friday because of all of the pontoon boats swinging around!
Great to meet you at last. Sounds like we have some freinds in common!

Windy
05-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Good to see you Wes...the Trident looks beautiful on the water.

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Good to see you Wes...the Trident looks beautiful on the water.
I can't believe I forgot about you and Bobby! It was wonderful seeing you two on Friday as well. I was hoping to hang out with you guys a bit once Audrey got into town but such is life...
How was Parker?

SCUBA STEVE
05-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Good to see you out there Wes! I had a perfect view of the boat from the bow. :) The boat is sick everything you said it would be!
Hope to see you & Audrey again soon.

cxr133
05-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Todd
THATS the word i was looking for!!!!
yeah the channel was a clusterf*ck .. but that did not stop us from going through it twice!!! the teenage boys liked it soo much thats all they wanted to do on Sunday was go back through the channel.. but we relaxed at the AVI instead

caroftheweek
05-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Wes i want to appologize to you. on Sunday afternoon i pretty much cut you off in the channel, in front of the Agave condos. i have no excuse for doing it other than trying to look for someone on the beach and not watching what was happening. Sorry man, i won't let it happen again. the boat is gorgeous on the water.
--Ryan

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Wes i want to appologize to you. on Sunday afternoon i pretty much cut you off in the channel, in front of the Agave condos. i have no excuse for doing it other than trying to look for someone on the beach and not watching what was happening. Sorry man, i won't let it happen again. the boat is gorgeous on the water.
--Ryan
Dude, you were the least of the offenders. At least you were going straight!
Great looking boat yourself. I will look for you next time on the water.
Wes

OutCole'd
05-30-2006, 01:27 PM
There was no way I was going to brave the Channel. A buddy of mine cruised it on Saturday, said it took him 45 minutes to get through & he aged 5 years from all the idiots.
I stayed way down South & kept it quiet in a nice cove.
Glad everyone here made it back safe.

MrsGHT
05-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Beautiful boat, Wes! Thank you for the ride and havin' all of us dance and get crazy. You all were great and I really enjoyed hangin' out with you guys. We've got lots of pics. On Sunday we beached at Speed Ally to relax, but started the party all over again. See you all next time.

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Beautiful boat, Wes! Thank you for the ride and havin' all of us dance and get crazy. You all were great and I really enjoyed hangin' out with you guys. We've got lots of pics. On Sunday we beached at Speed Ally to relax, but started the party all over again. See you all next time.
Send me some pics! Or post them anyway... I couldn't find my camera all weekend. Found it Monday afternoon buried under the seat of the truck.
I need some pics though. Your crew was awesome! I can't wait to see them. It was too funny teaching your beautiful daughter how to "pole dance" on the decklid... ;) Like I said, keep her out of clear heels and you should be fine.

Jordy
05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Hope to see you & Audrey again soon.
I believe there was talk of a Pleasant trip in the near future. :idea: :D

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah... we were shooting for next weekend, but it is looking like it will need to get pushed a week. I have a client coming on Saturday to take a ride. I tend to forget that the goal is to sell boats... ;)

SCUBA STEVE
05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
We'll be in Havi the 10th, figures.

MR HARLEY
05-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Nice cowboy hat :)

Froggystyle
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Nice cowboy hat :)
Yeah... every now and then I have to rock that one....
Good seeing you as well. You are never very far from the channel... ;)
How early did you get there to get that spot out of curiosity?

Marty Gras
05-30-2006, 06:57 PM
We noticed you like Michael Jackson music, a lot!

MR HARLEY
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
How early did you get there to get that spot out of curiosity?
5am :crossx:

BoatFloating
05-30-2006, 07:42 PM
First off, I have a long list of folks to thank for making this weekend happen. Rocky for starters (Boat Floating). We didn't have a place to post up the motorhome on Thursday but Rocky totally came through for us. He made some phone calls and went actively looking for a spot so we didn't have to primitive camp the Moho all weekend. Come Thursday night though, we not only had a spot, but a spot on the infamous "D" row! Which brings up the second thank you to Coral Gibson, Sean's sister. She let us hang out in her spot all weekend for nothing more than a nice bottle of GG. That whole crew of folks is so great to hang with, and we had a total blast.
First thing Friday morning we realized that after switching our intercooler and valve covers to some freshly powdercoated ones that we had forgotten the throttle linkage ball on the other throttle body. Damn! One phone call to Keith at Conquest and that was all sorted out. Thanks a million to Keith and Mike for the hookup. Sorry we never hooked up in the channel, but we certainly appreciate the part and you have reminded me that you are one of the truly great guys in ***boating.
Saturday night we finally hooked up with Matt and Jen (PhatMatt and Goldi) and we smuggled them into CrazyHorse via the lagoon. Then we went Rhino'ing that night with Rocky. My golf cart felt strangely outclassed next to that rig! Rocky was a wonderful host and played some great jams out next to the crappy party out in the overflow parking. Fact is, his stereo in the Rhino sounds better and played better tunes than the maxed out PA at the party! Thanks again for everything Rock.
The Channel was pure amature hour. I have never felt so out of place in my life. On any given weekend, we can cruise through the channel and see no less than 10 hot boaters... usually closer to 20. Our first pass through the channel got us one hit... GHT who we hung out with for quite some time. Don and his lovely wife were a total blast and really made the party happen. We also got to meet VegasBaby and a couple of other folks from down there. It is always so cool to meet someone for the first time that you know pretty well already from the boards.
The water was just 100% blown out on Saturday with so much buffoonery it was barely believable. People zig zagging in front of you towing a tube and acting like you are the a-hole for driving straight. I personally watched a brand new Larson 28' party boat get devalued by probably half in a 30 minute period at SandPoint. A guy just pinballed his way into a slip, loaded 14 kids on board and pinballed his way out... hitting two boats and adding full-length Arizona pinstripes to his boat... some so bad it chunked off fiberglass. Unreal...
Saturday at Steamboat we saw TrojanDan and Scuba Steve. Great to hang with you guys for a little while. We only stayed there for a few minutes, and then bagged ass back to the channel to pick up some family.
Sunday in Steamboat was really cool. We hung out with Matt and Jen and slowly but surely we ran into a whole lot of folks off the boards. We saw Bobaloo, Scarabrick, OneParticularHarbor, CJ and a bunch of other folks I can't remember right this minute... Good to finally meet all of you and hang out for a minute or two. We did get to see Miguel and Yvonne in the channel on the way out for a second and Sya and Playa Plya were in the canyon with the big Commander.
All in all, we had our share of challenges this weekend. A nagging oil leak is driving me frickin nuts, although we think we found it at last. The boat ran great, handled awesome in serious chop and kept everyone dry and safe for the whole weekend. We couldn't have had a better time hanging out with everyone and as usual we found that it seems like the best folks in boating are right here.
Wes, anytime my friend you've always helped when I was asking about the 6v battery setup. Saturday night was a kick in the pants and it's funny how my Rhino sounded better and played better music than the DJ in overflow. That was fun times for sure and it's always nice to see Phat Matt and Goldi my LV bros.... Next year just book at CH before about a day before Memorial..... :) Boat looks great and has so many nice features. It's nice to see a gys dream come true...... Meeting BF and hanging on DROW U KNOW!!!! ;)

Kilrtoy
05-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Wes, Thanks for the offer of the ride.....
Wished we could have chatted a little more

Phat Matt
05-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Wes, anytime my friend you've always helped when I was asking about the 6v battery setup. Saturday night was a kick in the pants and it's funny how my Rhino sounded better and played better music than the DJ in overflow. That was fun times for sure and it's always nice to see Phat Matt and Goldi my LV bros.... Next year just book at CH before about a day before Memorial..... :) Boat looks great and has so many nice features. It's nice to see a gys dream come true...... Meeting BF and hanging on DROW U KNOW!!!! ;)
Thanks for the ride over to the party. I like the shortcut we took. I should have brought the camera. Bud even liked his ride. :)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
05-30-2006, 08:25 PM
I am glad you had a good time I am still tired

VEGASBABY
05-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey Wes good meeting you too! Is your dad OK? We had plenty of booty on the back of your boat, he was smiling from ear to ear. Thanks for letting my wife & friends party on it.Will catch a ride next time were out. Got great pics of Mrs Vegasbaby and Mrs Ght on back I send soon.

BoatFloating
05-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the ride over to the party. I like the shortcut we took. I should have brought the camera. Bud even liked his ride. :)
Yes you should of... It was alot calmer over in over flow this year compared to years past. No F350 with stripper poles like before....

Froggystyle
05-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Hey Wes good meeting you too! Is your dad OK? We had plenty of booty on the back of your boat, he was smiling from ear to ear. Thanks for letting my wife & friends party on it.Will catch a ride next time were out. Got great pics of Mrs Vegasbaby and Mrs Ght on back I send soon.
Yeah, he will survive... :D
That was a pretty good little place to be hooking up next to you two. Next thing you know... boat full of chicks. Your girls are like magnets!
Great to meet you. I will get you out on the boat here shortly.

Froggystyle
05-31-2006, 07:57 AM
We noticed you like Michael Jackson music, a lot!
MJ was KILLING it this weekend. No new rap held a candle to the response we got from Beat It, Billy Jean and Thriller...
OK... Maybe "Blow the Whistle" for obvious reasons...
I plays what they wants to hear... :D

One Particular Harbor
05-31-2006, 09:49 AM
We saw the Trident make its way through the channel at least two times this weekend. The boat really stands out from the rest of the pack and looks great, Wes, and the stereo system is nothing short of amazing.
The Trident crew was rafted up Steamboat on Sunday with Matt's e-Ticket, when I swam over to take a look at the deckboat. Gave the boat a brief crawl-through and got to know Wes a bit. Overall, kudos to the team at Trident for building something so well thought out and really differentiated from the rest of the 27'-28' deckboat market.
Wes, it was a pleasure to meet you and I need to set up a test drive sometime soon. Matt, sorry I didn't get to meet you on Sunday, but you looked like you were catching up on some much-needed rest. :)
OPH