PDA

View Full Version : This is one of the reasons WE all just enjoyed a 3 day weekend

Kilrtoy
05-31-2006, 02:01 AM
http://www.break.com/index/memorialday06.html

vdrivenman
05-31-2006, 02:28 AM
a haunting reminder of what our service people past & present,are & have done for all of us here at home. i am trully grateful for their sacrifice and courage.
No one comes home from any war the same! casaulities come in all forms!
so as merle said"If you don't love it,leave it!"
i continue to pray for a timely resolution to this situtation and for all US
troops to be home soon !

Hallett
05-31-2006, 03:11 AM
What a great post if that doesn't touch your heart
there is somthing wrong. thanks kilertoy for the
great link.

fat rat
05-31-2006, 04:09 AM
The vidio is a great reminder of the sacriface's they have made. Like a song goes, "All gave some and some gave all".

Garrddogg
05-31-2006, 04:50 AM
Thanks Kilr for the link, It was a great reminder of what the holiday's about.

Hardly Satisfied
05-31-2006, 06:29 AM
KILR GREAT POST, GOOD JOB :boxed:

SnakeWrench
05-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Thanks Kilr.
A quote,
" We send our son's, brothers and friends, but lest we forget, now our daughters, wifes and sisters into war. War is a ugly, and sometimes unexplainable. The war's I have been in, made no sence, but it was our duty and our job. The answers of that war, may never come, But this war, makes even less sence than the old one. Every day, I write the letters, and attend the services of our nations young, and for the first time in my life, I wonder why we are doing this. I have never questioned what our job is and why we do it. But now, as I sit here writing my retirement speach, I want everyone to understand that in war, there are no questions of why. And who are we to ask why war? Heres why and this answer is the one that should burn in your brain. THOSE MOTHER ****ERS TOOK DOWN THE TOWERS, THOSE MOTHER ****ERS TRIED TO TAKE DOWN THE PENTIGON, THOSE MOTHER****ERS KILLED MY SON, MY BROTHER AND MY 5 YEAR OLD GRANDSON, THAT IS WHY WAR YOU IDIOTS!
As I retire today, I will always be a Col. in the Corp, even in retirement, but one thing i will never be is a man that lets a single day pass without saluting my flag, saluting my brothers and sisters in arms, and say a prayer for the ones that are yet to pass in war, EVERY DAY IS MEMORIAL DAY!
I salute all of you for being here to listen to an old fart talk, and thank my friend, Mr. President, for allowing me to lead these fine men and women and serve with these brothers and sisters. If you remember one thing, remember this, EVERY DAY IS MEMORIAL DAY!"
Col. Robert E. James at his retirment speach. There is a part missing but the majority of it is here.

robsformula
05-31-2006, 06:51 AM
Kilrtoy, Great post! here's to all that have served and are serving to protect and give us our freedom. GOD BLESS and THANK YOU.

haulina29
05-31-2006, 06:57 AM
Good post its easy to forget those who fought for our freedoms and things we take for granted every day thanks Kilr .

Tom Brown
05-31-2006, 07:04 AM
I've got Jbb set on ignore too. :cool:
Infidel (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116462)

Throttle
05-31-2006, 07:15 AM
brought tears to my eyes Miguel, thanks for posting.
A great remembrance!

havaduner
05-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Very touching Kilr, thanks for the link
I think more people need to see that.

Tremor Therapy
05-31-2006, 08:48 AM
Damn, I can hardly type right now, let alone try to speak. Thanks for the link, and god bless our men and women in the service.

Wmc
05-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Thank you and god bless to the men & women and to their families for serving our country and for our freedom. That was very toughing.

USCFAN
05-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Puts it all in perspective....

Cruzzze
05-31-2006, 12:20 PM
undefinedI would be totally ashamed if I didn't comment on that. I am so touched, sometimes we, no I forget that we ahve it so great here, we are free thanks to those brave souls who risk their lives for us everyday minute to keep us free....Thank you so much for all you do, most of the time, I think that I am not as grateful as I should be...I apologize for that, I tend to want to see the happier side of life in front of me. Once again, God Bless everyone of you, now, before, in the future and those that have fallen, I bow my head in thanks.

Keith E. Sayre
05-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Very touching. Thanks for the post. I have nothing to add.
God Bless our soldiers. God bless their families too.
Keith Sayre

spectratoad
05-31-2006, 02:21 PM
God Bless them all and their families. :( A sacrifice that can never be repaid in full.

Flyinbowtie
05-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Best thing to come around in a long time. Thanks. My son read it, too.

shippingguy
05-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Best thread in a long time on here!!! God bless our men and women who fight for our freedom everyday. Great post Miguel!

No Name
05-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Very sad…….. God Bless all the men and women that give so much everyday for all of us here at home.

Totally IncapASSitated
05-31-2006, 02:46 PM
<---One proud and grateful American!!!
Thanks to all of those who serve...past, present and future so that we are all able to enjoy the freedoms we do!!!

PlyaPlya22
05-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I have to agree with this one. My brother just came back from Afghanistan this past week and it was the first time we had seen him in 6 yrs. It was great spending two weeks with him. He's back home in Hawaii for six weeks and then it's off to Iraq!! Big props to my little brother 10 yrs in the Army. He's a crew chief on a Black Hawk, 25th Aviation. Hats off to everyone who serves.
Eric

MRSDRMCAT
05-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks to all our troops for fighting in honor our awesome country!! We love you for putting your lives on the line and protecting us!!!

a catered life
05-31-2006, 08:59 PM
this is your best post of the year maybe ever..nice kil...very touching

checkster
05-31-2006, 09:11 PM
HEROS and their Families........this is not near enough but THANK YOU.....

bignet
05-31-2006, 09:25 PM
So many have died in our history in preserving our freedoms...thoughts and prayers to all who have served, and those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom....nice post kilr
bignet :crossx: