PDA

View Full Version : Update on Boating Tragedy at Pyramid Lake Last Weekend

MagicMtnDan
05-31-2006, 04:56 PM
SAN FERNANDO, Calif. - A man who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol while at the helm of a boat involved in a fatal Memorial Day accident at Pyramid Lake was charged Wednesday with manslaughter. John Galvan, 46, is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon in San Fernando Superior Court on one count of vessel manslaughter with alcohol.
Galvan was piloting the boat and towing a large inner tube carrying the victim, Edward Gomez, authorities said.
Galvan swerved to avoid hitting another boat, and the tube carrying Gomez crashed head-on into the hull of the other boat, according to officials.
Gomez was pronounced dead at Henry Mayo Hospital.
Pyramid Lake is about 20 miles north of Valencia.

pixilatedpussy
05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
SAN FERNANDO, Calif. - A man who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol while at the helm of a boat involved in a fatal Memorial Day accident at Pyramid Lake was charged Wednesday with manslaughter. John Galvan, 46, is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon in San Fernando Superior Court on one count of vessel manslaughter with alcohol.
Galvan was piloting the boat and towing a large inner tube carrying the victim, Edward Gomez, authorities said.
Galvan swerved to avoid hitting another boat, and the tube carrying Gomez crashed head-on into the hull of the other boat, according to officials.
Yikes! :220v: Thoughts & Prayers go out.

RitcheyRch
05-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Just saw this on the news. Sad indeed.

JetBoatRich
05-31-2006, 06:03 PM
idiot :argue: cost him his friends life :yuk:

98 Vector 21
05-31-2006, 06:09 PM
We tried to tube/ski there once and it lasted about 2min's before I pulled the plug...way to narley for the size and traffic..I say no tubes alowed & a ski area...Dont get me started about a Seadoo area or odd even days like puddle-stone!

HTRDLNCN
05-31-2006, 06:13 PM
How do we know it wasnt the other boat cutting them off that was responsible?
I wouldnt trust anything the media reports anymore unless it was verified by someone who was actually there.

Brooski
05-31-2006, 06:46 PM
The other boat was not moving. There is a previous post from someone that witnessed the collision.

HTRDLNCN
05-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Okydoky,,,
then I guess he is some deep deep doodoo..

Kilrtoy
05-31-2006, 07:18 PM
I heard he was part of the Pyramid Posse or maybe an ex member
JUST KIDDING
A very sad thing