PDA

View Full Version : WTF american express?

a catered life
06-01-2006, 06:20 AM
we have been using their business cards for 4 years now and have been very pleased with the service but after talking to them this morning we might take our accounts some where else.............with our exec cards we get two free companion airline certificates each year but have never used them...i ran across them last night in the files and read the rules that were attached...after making sure that we fit into their rule and regulation i decided to give them a call this morning........the service rep busted my bubble when she told me that these dam things dont include any states that are not continuous running attached states WTF :mad: (hawaii and alaska)amex those are american states and they should be included.....with the amount of money we spend with them we could have had skymiles with another card coming out of our asses by now... :idea: my question to you guys is which credit card company do you use for you business and why?

tcook33
06-01-2006, 06:28 AM
we have been using their business cards for 4 years now and have been very pleased with the service but after talking to them this morning we might take our accounts some where else.............with our exec cards we get two free companion airline certificates each year but have never used them...i ran across them last night in the files and read the rules that were attached...after making sure that we fit into their rule and regulation i decided to give them a call this morning........the service rep busted my bubble when she told me that these dam things dont include any states that are not continuous running attached states WTF :mad: (hawaii and alaska)amex those are american states and they should be included.....with the amount of money we spend with them we could have had skymiles with another card coming out of our asses by now... :idea: my question to you guys is which credit card company do you use for you business and why?
Amex for all 3 companies AND personal.
I use my Amex points every year to buy all the Christmas presents. Whatever is left over, I save for a trip. I use the Rewards book they send out every few months. It's got all sorts of packages in it.

Go Ciggie
06-01-2006, 06:36 AM
We have the HiltonHHonars through AE and it has been wonderful. Book all our lodging for Hawaii with the Hilton resorts (every year) and any left over goes toward United flights to the island for the kids.
Have been very pleased for the last 4 years

Charley
06-01-2006, 06:50 AM
I love everything about amex except for my bill :cry: .. I also use the rewards program.

al cole'holic
06-01-2006, 08:38 AM
..there is alot of horror stories with Amex and there bullshist with mileage and airline tix online, but I don't use it for that anyway. I like everything about the card (except the bill as Charley said :) ) but it does suck they don't report to credit bureau's...unless your in default.

Havasu Cig
06-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Is this the same as the airline miles you get for dollars spent? If so I have almost 500,000 miles and I have yet to use them. I was planning on going to Hawaii with some of them. I hope this is not true about Hawaii being excluded. :mad:

a catered life
06-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Is this the same as the airline miles you get for dollars spent? If so I have almost 500,000 miles and I have yet to use them. I was planning on going to Hawaii with some of them. I hope this is not true about Hawaii being excluded. :mad:
not sure but you better check
and it looks like most are happy with amex :p
shit i forgot all about the rewards points crap...time to go shopping

Havasu Cig
06-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I guess I will have to give them a call. Kind of ironic that I keep building miles but can't go anywhere for more than a few days to use them. :rolleyes: