PDA

View Full Version : DUI in Needles

NeverStop
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Has anyone been to court in Needles for a DUI? Any Referrals on Attorney?

duffster
06-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Call this guy he is the best DUI attorney around plus a cool boating buddy of mine that knows the river.
David Kay at 619.431.0255
Tell him Craig Duff sent you

BadBahner
06-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Were you actually DUI?

HavasuSelect
06-02-2006, 05:20 AM
Is that you Adrien?

NeverStop
06-02-2006, 10:27 AM
First I would like to thank everyone.
Duffster, Thanks Again. I will call David ASAP.
BadBahner, I had been drinking during the day but I feel that I was able to drive or I won't have. I was pulled over at random not for speeding or suspicion of DUI (Not all over the road).
HavasuSelect, Sorry but this isn;t Adrien.
Beware that they are giving DUI's out even if you are below the legal limit of .08, I guess the laws are guide lines not LAW
Again I would like to Thank Everyone

dropt98chevy
06-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Do you know what your B.A.C was?

Not So Fast
06-02-2006, 12:57 PM
I can not speak for Needles but I know for a fact about Havasu. Good friend got a d.u.i. and was arrested, spent the night in jail and then made bail. He was appointed a public defender and appeared before the judge, he was not pleased with the plea or the apparent sentence and asked about getting a lawyer, I told him of another freind #2 who just went thru this and said the lawyer he got was like throwing money away and to accept the deal as is. Friend #1 said no way and proceeded to hire a lawyer. Long story short, after about 6 months and hanging in limbo he was just sentenced and took the original deal minus about $2500 for the lawyer. Now he say he wishes he would have listened to the advice given him. Estimated cost so far with fines and such-$10,000 not to mention insurance costs for the next 7 years or so and probably will lose his company work truck (costruction super). Oh I for got, 10 days in lockup also, hasnt heard from Calif. yet about his license. It dont pay to drink and drive, hope this helps :frown: NSF

Ziggy
06-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Yep, .05 and above is officer discretion.. incidentally I'd call Michael Frame in Parker AZ (being that he's out there and knows AZ law.. different then CA) he'd probably be your best bet.
I hope you didn't do any FST's, etc.. :(
RD
Needles is in California ..........

duffster
06-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Cool deal hopefully he can get you off with a reckless or maybe even get it thrown out.
Duffster, Thanks Again. I will call David ASAP.
BadBahner, I had been drinking during the day but I feel that I was able to drive or I won't have. I was pulled over at random not for speeding or suspicion of DUI (Not all over the road).
HavasuSelect, Sorry but this isn;t Adrien.
Beware that they are giving DUI's out even if you are below the legal limit of .08, I guess the laws are guide lines not LAW

Havasu1986
06-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Theirs a post in H.B. West right now about this subject.

77charger
06-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I can not speak for Needles but I know for a fact about Havasu. Good friend got a d.u.i. and was arrested, spent the night in jail and then made bail. He was appointed a public defender and appeared before the judge, he was not pleased with the plea or the apparent sentence and asked about getting a lawyer, I told him of another freind #2 who just went thru this and said the lawyer he got was like throwing money away and to accept the deal as is. Friend #1 said no way and proceeded to hire a lawyer. Long story short, after about 6 months and hanging in limbo he was just sentenced and took the original deal minus about $2500 for the lawyer. Now he say he wishes he would have listened to the advice given him. Estimated cost so far with fines and such-$10,000 not to mention insurance costs for the next 7 years or so and probably will lose his company work truck (costruction super). Oh I for got, 10 days in lockup also, hasnt heard from Calif. yet about his license. It dont pay to drink and drive, hope this helps :frown: NSF
I got one in parker in 02(in boat).just wanted to get it over i was going to plea right before da or cty attorney dude walked up asked if i had an attorney said no and asked if i saw what the other guys in court got.My answer was yup i just want this over and move on worked out a deal.got one day in jail,3 years probabtion,and off driving record 500 dollar fine,1 day alcohol education,and boater saftey class too.He also told me ones that fight it still end up losing and suffer worse.Dont know if it is different in a car cause at the time there was a difference.Also if i was over .15 or extreme i wouldnt have gotten off as easy.
Depends on who stops you too if ca you are screwed

disco_charger
06-02-2006, 04:28 PM
In Cali, there is no such thing as a random stop in a car. They had to have a reason (probable cause) to pull you over. You either broke a traffic law, had an equipment violation, or you were driving in a manner that caused the officer to believe you were under the influence. Check the report when you pick it up.

duffster
06-02-2006, 04:42 PM
If you ever get pulled even after one drink and you know it could be DUI. Decline all on site test's you have right's to say NO plus all 25-little retarded pin ABC ect is designed to be used against you in court. Just let them take you in. They will try anything using command training to get you to talk. If you have the ball's to say no and keep you mouth shout that gives a attorney a good fighting chance to get you off. Also do not blow on site the systems are very inaccurate wait till you get to the station the more time the better plus attorneys have way of fighting the machines.
I get this information from my buddy Attorney David Kay that has represented many people. He has not done anything on the water yet. But he says he has some tricks if you follow the information above

Not So Fast
06-02-2006, 06:59 PM
I got one in parker in 02(in boat).just wanted to get it over i was going to plea right before da or cty attorney dude walked up asked if i had an attorney said no and asked if i saw what the other guys in court got.My answer was yup i just want this over and move on worked out a deal.got one day in jail,3 years probabtion,and off driving record 500 dollar fine,1 day alcohol education,and boater saftey class too.He also told me ones that fight it still end up losing and suffer worse.Dont know if it is different in a car cause at the time there was a difference.Also if i was over .15 or extreme i wouldnt have gotten off as easy.
Depends on who stops you too if ca you are screwed
This was Extreme DUI (.236 or so). I think you were very lucky my friend. :rolleyes: NSF

NeverStop
06-03-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't know if it was balls or stupidity, but I did refuse the field testing although I did cooperate with initial questioning upon the stop. Thanks again for the info.

NeverStop
06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Duffster, I have tried contacting David Kay at 619.431.0255. That number seems to be incorrect. Can you check that.
Also, does anyone know somebody that has used Myles L. Berman (Top Gun DUI Attorney). He is twice the cost of everyone that I have spoken to.
Thanks again

Kilrtoy
06-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Also, does anyone know somebody that has used Myles L. Berman (Top Gun DUI Attorney). He is twice the cost of everyone that I have spoken to.
Thanks again
YEP, HIMSELF

Mohave Vice
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Duffster, I have tried contacting David Kay at 619.431.0255. That number seems to be incorrect. Can you check that.
Thanks again
You're lucky he's only twice what everybody is. Never had a DUI ............ but if I did .............. I'd hire him!!!!!!!!!!

NeverStop
06-05-2006, 07:10 PM
YEP, HIMSELF
?? :confused:

Phat Matt
06-05-2006, 07:28 PM
YEP, HIMSELF
Did he win? :)

NeverStop
06-07-2006, 02:25 PM
I had a consultation with a attorney at Myles L. Berman law firm (Top Gun DUI Defense Attorney). They want $9000, to start representation. If we, my attorney and I choose to take it to trail it will cost another $7000. I am losted, I want the best representation avail. but I can't afford that. Should i take another loan out to pay for this? I couldn't imagine spending this kind of money and being cinvicted of the charge in the end. :cry: :cry:
The attorny that would represent me is a JASON TRUMPLER. He graduated magna cum laude from Whittier College in 1997, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He obtained his law degree from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law in 2000. During law school, Mr. Trumpler participated in Moot Court and Mock Trial. Prior to joining the Law Offices of Myles L. Berman, Mr. Trumpler spent three years working for the Orange County District Attorney's Office. During his tenure with the Orange County District Attorney's Office, Mr. Trumpler handled hundreds of driving under the influence cases at both the pre-trial and trial stage. In addition, he trained law enforcement officers throughout the county on driving under the influence investigation. Mr. Trumpler also previously worked with the Ventura County District Attorneys Office as a Deputy District Attorney. In that capacity he also handled hundreds of driving under the influence cases. Mr. Trumpler concentrates his practice in defending people accused of driving under the influence in Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego Counties.

NautiTwins
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I had a consultation with a attorney at Myles L. Berman law firm (Top Gun DUI Defense Attorney). They want $9000, to start representation. If we, my attorney and I choose to take it to trail it will cost another $7000. I am losted, I want the best representation avail. but I can't afford that. Should i take another loan out to pay for this? I couldn't imagine spending this kind of money and being cinvicted of the charge in the end. :cry: :cry:
The attorny that would represent me is a JASON TRUMPLER. He graduated magna cum laude from Whittier College in 1997, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He obtained his law degree from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law in 2000. During law school, Mr. Trumpler participated in Moot Court and Mock Trial. Prior to joining the Law Offices of Myles L. Berman, Mr. Trumpler spent three years working for the Orange County District Attorney's Office. During his tenure with the Orange County District Attorney's Office, Mr. Trumpler handled hundreds of driving under the influence cases at both the pre-trial and trial stage. In addition, he trained law enforcement officers throughout the county on driving under the influence investigation. Mr. Trumpler also previously worked with the Ventura County District Attorneys Office as a Deputy District Attorney. In that capacity he also handled hundreds of driving under the influence cases. Mr. Trumpler concentrates his practice in defending people accused of driving under the influence in Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego Counties.
Even with all the fines and increased insurance rates, you are going to be no where close to his cost.
You messed up, you were drinking. Go to court plead no contest and take the punishment. Save your money for the fines. I dont know what the win rate is against a DUI but I bet it is not very high. Good luck!

Flying Tiger
06-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I just put my new wife on my insurance, and asked the AAA rep what does a DUI do to you?:
His answer:
It's the opening paperwork to put you "in the system for a long time."
It is life changing.
The costs will repeat every year for 8 years, and those costs are expensive.
I'd try to beat it,, and wouldn't take a plea bargain like reckless ect,, it's just as bad.
Good luck fighting your 2 battles; the system, and the DMV.
But fight, don't roll over, and think over before ya take a drink and drive.
First time offenses with a low BAC are too severe a punishment.
And:
I think it puts LEO's safety in jeopardy with DUI traffic stops.
People have too much to loose, for too long. They're desperate,, they may react violently, perhaps deadly to avoid such severe consequences on a first offense.
Just my 2 cents.

slink
06-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Never Stop, read your own post and answer your question.
1. Obtained law degree in 2000 worked 3 yrs at VCDA office. Deputy DA's can't even find the right court room for their first two years (sorry any DDA's) yet he handled 100's of DUI's ?. This means he filled out the plea bargain forms. Any trails would have been handed off to a trail lawyer, not a DDA w/ two years on.
2. Then he left and went to OCDA for what another 2-3 yrs, starting over at the bottom (still looking for the right courtroom, just know in OC) and know left to be righteous and defend the masses. BS again. He left for the almighty $$$$$. He gained enough experience from the tax payers of OC and Ventura to realize that there is big $$$ in defending drunk drivers, therefore he split.
He knows that DUI's are very difficult to defeat, and every time he talks to you, opens your file or steps foot in court, it is $$$$ getting sucked out of your wallet. And as far as training L.E, BS again. Any decent LE could take a brand new rookie recruit and in two weeks train him doing DUI reports that are rock solid. Call him on his stats as a defense attorney. How many plea bargains accepted to actually going to trial. How many trials won, if any won, what strategy was used. Do alot more research and good luck
If you take anything from this post, remember lawyers are business men first,they need to pay their bills too.

Havasu Carrera
06-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Yo charger you and I know the truth!
You still owe me 60 bucks!! but I still got colateral!!! :cry:

mbrown2
06-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Neverstop, check your PM's....tell ML Berman to take a hike...that cost is a joke...

CBadDad
06-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Liars, er laywers, are a joke. They created this f'd up legal system so that only they can walk you thru it and take your money. Don't believe a word they say, they are only there to make their BMW payments, not to get you off of some chumped up charge.
You didn't give enough details to give you any advice...
Good luck.