PDA

View Full Version : Need some help, opinions please

Spectre140
06-02-2006, 07:55 AM
I'm gonna slap some Magic stickers on the Skater and take it up to Havasu for the Magic/any boat, party and poker run on Fathers weekend. :) The motors have 5 inch exhaust that exits thru a 6 inch tip. :220v: Stellings can't make my mufflers until the week after so it might be a touch loud. :crossx: Do you think I will have big problems? I dont want to spend 250$ a night at the Nautical to spend an hour on the lake and be told to leave. Thoughts, opinions?

Tom Brown
06-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Don't worry about it. As long as you stay out of the throttle when you're cruising the channel, you'll be fine. :cool:

Spectre140
06-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Don't worry about it. As long as you stay out of the throttle when you're cruising the channel, you'll be fine. :cool:
I wasn't even going to go near the channel! I would like to go to the sandbar though.

Huckleberry
06-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Heading up river to the Sandbar is the other place they've been pretty ugly about loud boats. It's not the local LE or S/O's, it's the dang fish cops. They sit along side the reeds with their dB meter hanfing off the side to the boat, just trolling for loud boats that could "harm the wildlife in the refuge."

Spectre140
06-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Heading up river to the Sandbar is the other place they've been pretty ugly about loud boats. It's not the local LE or S/O's, it's the dang fish cops. They sit along side the reeds with their dB meter hanfing off the side to the boat, just trolling for loud boats that could "harm the wildlife in the refuge."
I heard about that also. That sucks. Maybe I can idle down on one motor or hitch a ride on that fag Magic 34's boat. :)

Magic34
06-02-2006, 09:05 AM
I heard about that also. That sucks. Maybe I can idle down on one motor or hitch a ride on that fag Magic 34's boat. :)
Just tell everyone you are scared of the new boat. Dont worry about it. We may just say forget the sand bar and stay Steamboat then. I haven't seen them being too hard on the noise this year.

Spectre140
06-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Just tell everyone you are scared of the new boat. Dont worry about it. We may just say forget the sand bar and stay Steamboat then. I haven't seen them being too hard on the noise this year.
I'm down for whatever. :) Can you believe I got a room at the Nautical this late! Anyway it should be a great time. Who is rolling with you that weekend? Oh, I'm picking up a new 1 ton Ford dually tomorrow so I don't kill myself on the freeway!

Jordy
06-02-2006, 09:32 AM
You're in a 40' Skater. Just don't look at them and if they start coming after you, roll the sticks forward and don't look back. They won't be able to catch you and if they radio ahead just say your boat was too loud and you couldn't hear the sirens. :D :D :D

Magic34
06-02-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm down for whatever. :) Can you believe I got a room at the Nautical this late! Anyway it should be a great time. Who is rolling with you that weekend? Oh, I'm picking up a new 1 ton Ford dually tomorrow so I don't kill myself on the freeway!
We have Charles (36 Spectre) and Todd with the 30 deck as well (maybe). My brother is coming from Vegas and the wife is bringing a friend as well. Also a couple different friends from Phx with Magics.
Javalina Cantina on Thursday night.

Magic34
06-02-2006, 09:43 AM
You're in a 40' Skater. Just don't look at them and if they start coming after you, roll the sticks forward and don't look back. They won't be able to catch you and if they radio ahead just say your boat was too loud and you couldn't hear the sirens. :D :D :D
What makes you think he knows how to use the throttles past idle?

Magic34
06-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Oh, I'm picking up a new 1 ton Ford dually tomorrow so I don't kill myself on the freeway!
Hope you got the adjustable seats. :crossx:

Jordy
06-02-2006, 09:44 AM
What makes you think he knows how to use the throttles past idle?
It was just kind of a shot in the dark... :D :D :D

Spectre140
06-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I had that same thought. :crossx: "Yes sir, I did look behind me, but this boat for some reason has one of those big rooster tails that blocked my vision. :boxed:

Spectre140
06-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Hope you got the adjustable seats. :crossx:
And.......adjustable pedals!

mbrown2
06-02-2006, 10:19 AM
I would not have posted on this board that you know your boat is too loud and you plan to launch....I am sure the cops monitor this board and a 40' Skater will not be too hard to miss. :)